AUCET 2020 Application Form, Dates, Registration, Syllabus, Pattern, and Results
Latest News on AUCET 2020
- The admit card for AUCET 2020 will be released on October 5, 2020. The exam will be conducted from October 13 to October 15, 2020.
- What is AUCET?
- AUCET 2020 Exam Date
- AUCET 2020 Eligibility
- AUCET 2020 Application Form
- AUCET 2020 Exam Centres
- AUCET 2020 Admit card
- AUCET 2020 Exam Pattern
- AUCET 2020 Exam Syllabus
- AUCET 2020 Result
- AUCET 2020 Counselling
- Related Exams
What is AUCET?
- About AUCET: Andhra University Common Entrance Test [AUCET] is a State Level Entrance Test conducted by Andhra University for admission into various postgraduate fields such as Engineering, Arts, Science, Education, Commerce, and Law. Applicants who appear for the AUCET Exam are allowed to apply for the admission into courses to its affiliated colleges as well as the Dr. BR Ambedkar University in Srikakulam based on the scores of the AUCET Exam. Candidates who are interested can apply for the AUCET Exam by going to the official website of the AUCET Exam.
- Courses Offered: AUCET is conducted as 13 different types of Tests, for 27 Commerce and Arts Courses, for 42 Science Courses, and for 2 Science Courses in AUCE(A).
- About Andhra University: Andhra University was established in the year 1926. The university offers admission in 28 postgraduate Engineering programmes, one MCA and three M.Sc. programmes. All the departments run Ph.D. programmes in research.
- Conducting Body: Andhra University (AU), located in Visakhapatnam, India conducts AUCET every year.
- Level: AUCET is a State Level Entrance Test which is conducted by Andhra University.
- Exam Date: AUCET 2020 will be conducted on October 13, 2020 (Tentative) through offline i.e. Pen and Paper-based Test (PBT).
- Courses Offered: AUCET offers admission in postgraduate fields such as Engineering (ME, M.Tech), Arts (MA, MFA), Science (M.Sc, M.Lib.I.Sc), Education (M.P.Ed), Commerce (M.Com), and Law (LLM).
- Counselling: AUCET Counselling process will be conducted on the merit cum preference basis based on the score obtained by the candidates.
Candidates should read below for more information regarding the AUCET Exam.
AUCET 2020 Highlights
The following table shows some important information about the AUCET Exam.
|Exam Name||Andhra University Common Entrance Test|
|Conducting body||Andhra University, Visakhapatnam|
|Mode||Offline i.e. Pen and Paper-based Test (PBT)|
AUCET 2020 Exam Dates
The schedule set by Andhra University for AUCET 2020 is as mentioned below. Please note that these dates though confirmed by the official authority are subject to changes based on events that may occur.
|Important Events/ Schedules||Exam Dates|
|Application Form Start Date||June 6, 2020|
|Application Form Last Date||July 31, 2020|
|Late Date to Submit Application Form with INR 1000 Fine||August 10, 2020|
|Application Correction Window||August 15 to August 17, 2020|
|Admit Card Availability||October 5, 2020|
|AUCET Date||October 13, 2020 to October 15, 2020|
|Results Announcement||To be announced|
|Commencement of Counselling||To be announced|
AUCET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- Education: The candidates must have passed a Bachelor's Degree in the relevant stream with a minimum of 50% marks for general category and 45% for SC/ ST category candidates.
- Age Limit: There is no upper age limit to apply for AUCET.
- Nationality & Domicile: Candidates must be a citizen of India. Candidate should belong to the Andhra Pradesh state and must hold valid proof of the state’s residency as subsequently amended in the Andhra Pradesh State, Educational Institutions 1974.
|Education||Passed Bachelor's Degree|
|Age Limit||No Age Limit|
AUCET 2020 Application Form
- Registration Date: Application Form will be available on the official website of Andhra University from June 6, 2020 and the last date to submit the Application Form will be on July 31, 2020.
- Registration Fee: The candidates have to pay a registration fee of INR 500 for SC/ST/ PHC and INR 600 for all the other category candidates while filling the Application Form.
- Payment Mode: Candidates can pay the Application Fee online (Net Banking/ Debit Card/ Credit Card) and offline (Andhra Bank).
|Registration Fee||INR 500 for SC/ ST/ PHC INR 600 for other categories|
Steps to fill AUCET 2020 Application Form
Step 1: Visit the official website of Andhara University
Step 2: Register and fill personal details.
Step 3: Hit the register button
Step 4: Check the email used while registering to get the login credentials
Step 5: Log in using the credentials
Step 6: Upload your photo and signature
Step 7: Choose a security question
Step 8: Make the payment
Step 9: Submit
Step 10: Take a print of the receipt and Application Form
AUCET 2020 Exam Centres
AUCET 2020 will be conducted in 8 major cities in Andhra Pradesh. Candidate should mention the Centre Code and Name of his/her/x choice of Test Centre in Online Application Form. Requests for change of Test Centre and Subject opted by the candidate in the Application Form will not be considered under any circumstances.
Note: When the number of registered candidates for any test is below 200, the test will be conducted at Visakhapatnam centre only.
|S.No.||Exam Centre Cities|
AUCET 2020 Admit Card
AUCET 2020 Admit Card will be available on the official website from October 5, 2020.Candidates should download the Hall-Tickets from the University website. Candidate must carry any government ID proof such as Voter ID, PAN Card, Aadhar Card, Driving License, Passport along with the Admit Card.
Note: The candidates are advised to read the instructions on the admit card carefully and follow them during the conduct of the examination. Also, candidates are advised to check the details of the AUCET 2020 Admit Card; spellings, address, and other credentials.
Steps to download the AUCET Admit Card
Step 1: The AUCET Candidates are required to check the official website of Andhra University for Admit Card. You will find a direct link to the Admit Card login page titled ‘AUCET 2020 Hall Tickets/Admit Card available’. Click on it.
Step 2: Select the examination, enter your AUCET login credentials, then click on submit.
Step 3: Aspirants should review their AUCET Admit Card as it appears, and download it.
Step 4: Take a print out of your AUCET Admit Card.
The AUCET Admit Card will e required during the verification round after the exam. Candidates should keep their AUCET Admit Card safe at least until the enrolment.
AUCET 2020 Exam Pattern
AUCET 2020 will be conducted offline/online i.e. Pen & Paper-based Test (PBT) on October 13, 2020.
The question paper will be Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ). AUCET 2020 will consist of 100 questions in total which comprise of the topic from Physics, Chemistry, Maths, Geology, English, Physical Sciences, and Humanities and Social Sciences, etc. The time given to complete the examination will be 90 minutes. One mark will be awarded for every correct answer and there is no negative marking. Also, The question paper will be in English.
|Offline i.e. Pen & Paper-based Test (PBT)|
|Question Type||Multiple Choice Question (MCQ)|
|Marking Scheme||1 mark for the correct answer and no negative marking|
AUCET 2020 Syllabus
Mentioned below is the subject-wise syllabus for AUCET 2020.
AUCET Biology Syllabus
- Animal Science
- Cell Biology
- Ecology Environment and
- Molecular Biology and Genetic Engineering
- Plant Science
AUCET Physics Syllabus
Electricity and Electronics Syllabus
- Basic Electronics
- Digital Principles
- Electromagnetic induction
- Maxwell’s Equations and Electromagnetic waves
- Moving charge in Electric and Magnetic field
- Varying and Alternating Currents
Modern Physics Syllabus
- Alpha and Beta Decays
- Atomic Spectra
- Bonding in Crystals
- Crystal Structure
- Matter Waves
- Molecular Spectroscopy
- Nuclear Physics Nuclear Structure
- Nuclear Reactions
- Quantum Mechanics Inadequacy of classical Physics
- Schrodinger Wave Equation
- Uncertainty Principle
- X-ray Diffraction
Optics and Thermodynamics Syllabus
- Kinetic theory of gases
- Laser, Fiber Optics and Holography
- Low-temperature Physics
- Quantum theory of radiation
- Statistical Mechanics
- The Matrix methods in paraxial optics
- Thermodynamic potentials and Maxwell’s equations
Mechanics and Oscillations
- Central forces
- Complex Vibrations
- Damped and Forced Oscillations
- Fundamentals of Vibrations
- Mechanics of Continuous Media
- Mechanics of Particles
- Mechanics of Rigid Bodies
- Special Theory of Relativity
- Vector Analysis
- Vibrating Strings
- Vibrations of bars
AUCET Humanities and Aptitude Syllabus
- Current Affairs
- General English
- Numerical Ability
AUCET English Syllabus
- Active And Passive Voice
- Note Taking
- One Word Substitutes
- Phrasal Verbs Concord
- Letter Writing
- Phrases And Idioms
- Reading Comprehension: Unknown Poem And Passage
- Question Tags
- Synonyms And Antonyms
- Verb Patterns And Structures
AUCET Mathematics Syllabus
- Cones, Cylinders, And Conicoids
- Differential Equations
- Linear Algebra
- Multiple Integrals and Vector Calculus
- Real Numbers
AUCET Chemistry Syllabus
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry
- Industrial Chemistry
- General Chemistry
AUCET Geology Syllabus
- Indian Geology
- Economic Geology
- Physical Geology
- Structural Geology
AUCET 2020 Result
AUCET Result will be declared on the official website for all category candidates based on qualified marks. For 2020, the results will most likely be declared in the third week of September, 2020, i.e., a week later Exam Date. AUCET Candidates have to download Rank Card from the website only. All candidates appearing for the Entrance Test will be awarded AUCET 2020 test-wise Ranks as per marks secured in the test appeared.
AUCET Tie Breaking
In case of a tie between candidates securing the same mark in an AUCET test, the order of merit will be decided on the basis of the date of birth of the candidate with priority to the older candidate.
Revaluation: There is no provision for revaluation or personal verification of the OMR answer sheet in AUCET.
How to download AUCET Result?
Step 1: To check AUCET Results, visit the official website of Andhra University
Step 2: Go to the Admission Section
Step 3: Click on the AUCET link appeared on the page.
Step 4: You will be directed to a new page and a login window will appear for AUCET rank card and Result. Enter your credentials.
Step 5: Your AUCET Rank Card will appear, review it.
Step 6: Take a print of your AUCET Rank Card, it will be used in further processes.
AUCET 2020 Counselling
AUCET Candidates who clear the AUCET 2020 will be called for the counselling process. The Counselling process will be online, this is to ensure maximum social distancing. AUCET Candidates who score more than or equal to the stated cut off will be called for the counselling process.
AUCET Candidates have to register on the official website for counselling. AUCET Counselling Time Slot will be allotted to the candidates category wise. Candidates will be allotted colleges on AUCET merit cum preference basis.
AUCET Admission Fee: To confirm admission in a college and course of their choice, candidates must pay the admission fee within the stipulated time limit. If you fail to do so, your Admission will get cancelled.