Pondicherry University is the best among the other central universities in India. Candidates who are seeking admission to this University can appear for the entrance exam conducted by them. The University organises the exam at the national level. The Pondicherry University offers admission into Masters and PhD courses. The registrations for the Pondicherry University Entrance Exam was opened from Jul 19, 2021, to Aug 14, 2021, and the exams are expected to be held from 2 to 4 Sep, 2021.
More details related to the Pondicherry University's Entrance Exam has been mentioned below.
- What is Pondicherry University Entrance Exam
- Pondicherry University 2021 Exam Date
- Pondicherry University 2021 Registration
- Pondicherry University 2021 Application Form
- Pondicherry University 2021 Eligibility
- Pondicherry University 2021 Syllabus
- Pondicherry University 2021 Exam Pattern
- Pondicherry University 2021 Admit Card
- Pondicherry University 2021 Exam Centres
- Pondicherry University 2021 Result
- Pondicherry University 2021 Counselling
- Pondicherry University 2021 Admission
- Pondicherry University 2021 Answer Key
- Pondicherry University Preparation
- Pondicherry University Contact Details
What is Pondicherry University Entrance Exam?
The University of Pondicherry conducts the Pondicherry University Entrance Examination for the candidates who want to secure admission in various Postgraduate, Doctoral & other courses in the domain of engineering, management, law, and many more. The exam is conducted online via the computer-based test at over 33 test centres in India. The Pondicherry University Entrance Exam 2021 highlights are tabulated below.
|Exam Name||Pondicherry University Entrance Exam|
|Mode of Exam||Online (Computer-Based Test)|
|Exam Conducting Body||Pondicherry University|
|Duration of Exam||2 Hours or 120 minutes|
|Types of Questions||Objective Questions- MCQs|
|Course Offered||Doctoral, PG, Arts, Engineering, Science|
Pondicherry University 2021 Exam Date
Candidates can check the tentative dates for the PU examination.
|Event||Date ( Tentative)|
|PU Exam 2021 Application release date||Jul 19, 2021|
|Last date to fill the application form||Aug 14, 2021|
|Admit card release date||To be announced|
|PU 2021 Exam Date||Sep 2, 3, and 4, 2021|
|PU 2021 Results||To be announced|
Pondicherry University 2021 Registration
Applicants can start the registration process for Pondicherry University 2021 once the official dates have been announced by the organizing authorities. Steps to register for Pondicherry University 2021 are mentioned below.
- Step 1: Visit the Official Website of Pondicherry University
- Step 2: Tap on the “New User,” link
- Step 3: Enter the Name, Email ID & Mobile Number
- Step 4: Click on the Submit button
- Step 5: Save the User ID & Password
- Step 6: Login using the credentials and change the password
- Step 7: Click on “I Agree,” and accept the terms
Pondicherry University 2021 Application Form
The application form to apply for the Pondicherry University Entrance Examination was available from Jul 19, 2021, to Aug 14, 2021. The university offers admission to courses of various domains such as Engineering, PG, Arts, Science, Commerce and other PhD programmes. Candidates can visit the official website of Pondicherry University and can apply for the examination.
Documents required while filling out the application form
- Identification Proof like Aadhaar, PAN Card, Driving License, Voter ID.
- Bank Account Details
- Degree Certificate/ Marksheet of Semester Exams
- Valid Email ID & Mobile Number
- Scanned Signature in jpg/jpeg format with the white background of size 30 kb
- Scanned Photograph in jpg/jpeg format with the white background of size 60 kb
Steps to fill out the application form
Once the candidate has successfully registered on the official website, they can fill the application form using their login credentials.
- Step 1: Filling out the application form covers three steps. These include
- Registration Process
- Course Selection and Payment of Fee
- Preview and Printing of the application form
- Step 2: The registration process includes filling in details like the Personal Details, Academic Details & Uploading of the Scanned Images.
- Enter the details such as gender, father’s name, mother’s name, date of birth, category, religion, address and nationality.
- Choose exam city as per the preferences
- Click on the “Save and Continue button,” after filling in the details.
- Enter the academic details such as specialisation, passing year, passing marks/percentage, course duration and subject/stream.
- Provide the experience details (if any)
- Tap on the “Save and Continue,” button
- Filling Personal Details
- Filling Academic Details
- Uploading of Scanned Images
- Step 3: Candidates can select their desired course & discipline after completing the registration.
- Step 4: After selecting the course & discipline, they can proceed to the payment section. Candidates must be aware that they can submit the application fee online mode via credit/debit card/net banking.
- Step 5: Post submission of the application fee, candidates will get a confirmation message or email on their registered mail or mobile number.
- Step 6: Candidates must review their application form by clicking on the “Preview” button.
- Step 7: Aspirants must take a printout/xerox of the application form.
After filling in all these details, candidates must upload a scanned copy of their photograph and signature. The specifications for the scanned images are:
- The photograph must not be older than six months, and the size of the photograph should be between 20-60 KB.
- The signature Size should be between 10-30 KB on a white sheet.
- The format of the Photograph & Signature should be jpg/jpeg.
- Post filing of these details, click on the “Save and Continue” button.
- Review all the details and click on the “Submit Application Form,” button.
- In case the candidates want to edit the provided details, click on the “edit” button.
Pondicherry University 2021 Application Fee
The application fee for the entrance examination of Pondicherry University is different for all the categories, and it depends on the courses as well. For the candidates who are NRI, the application fee for them will be US$100 or INR 7,100.
|Application Fee (INR)|
|PhD||INR 1000||INR 500||Nil|
|PG||INR 600||INR 300||Nil|
|MBA||INR 1000||INR 500||Nil|
Pondicherry University 2021 Eligibility
Pondicherry University offers several courses. The eligibility criteria for Pondicherry University varies with the courses. The courses-wise eligibility criteria are:
|UG Courses||Candidates must have completed their degree of bachelorette from a recognized college or university.|
|PG Courses||Candidates must have qualified for the Class 12 examination with a good score from a recognized board or university.|
|PG Diploma Courses||Candidates must have completed their master’s degree from a recognized university.|
|Doctoral Courses||Aspirants must have completed their master’s degree from a recognized university as well as the candidates who cleared the UGC NET exam are eligible for those courses.|
|Certificate Courses||Aspirants must hold a bachelor’s degree from a recognized board or university.|
Pondicherry University 2021 Syllabus
The exam authority has published the syllabus online for the various PG Courses. These cover:
Pondicherry University Syllabus for MBA
The synopsis of MBA Courses includes topics such as:
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Logical Reasoning
- English Comprehension
- General Awareness
- Data Interpretation
Pondicherry University Syllabus for M.Com
M.Com syllabus incorporates topics like:
- Business Economic Sections
Pondicherry University Syllabus for M.Sc (Chemistry)
It involves topics such as:
How to download the Pondicherry University 2021 Syllabus?
There are many courses which are provided by Pondicherry University. The syllabus for different courses is available online on the Official Website. Candidates can download the syllabus by following the following steps.
- Step 1: Visit the Official Website of Pondicherry University.
- Step 2: A search box will appear. Enter the text syllabus there.
- Step 3: The courses, along with their syllabus, will be available there.
- Step 4: Click on the course.
- Step 5: Click on the Syllabus link and download the pdf for the syllabus.
Pondicherry University 2021 Exam Pattern
The exam authority has published the exam pattern for the entrance examination of Pondicherry University.
- It is a computer-based test.
- Candidates need to answer a total of 100 questions.
- The time allotted for the entire exam is 120 minutes i.e. 2 hours.
- The questions will be of objective type or MCQ type.
- For every correct answer, +1 mark is awarded to the candidate
- In case the candidate answers wrong, there will be a deduction of 4 marks.
Pondicherry University 2021 Admit Card
The exam authority has not announced the date of release of the admit card yet. The admit card is uploaded by the exam conducting body after the completion of application registration.
How to download the admit card for Pondicherry University Entrance Exam?
Aspirants must follow these steps to download their Pondicherry University Entrance Exam 2021 admit card
- Step 1: Visit the Official Website of Pondicherry University.
- Step 2: Tap at the link “Download the Hall Ticket,”.
- Step 3: Log in using the credentials
- Step 4: Tap on the “Sign in,” button to download the hall ticket.
- Step 5: Take the printout of the same and keep it for further reference.
Contents Present in the Hall Ticket
The hall ticket/admit card covers the details such as:
- Name of the Candidate
- Date of Birth
- Timing and Date of Exam
- Photo and Signature of the Candidate
- Test Centre Address
The candidates must carry their admit cards to the test centre.
Pondicherry University 2021 Exam Centres
The authority conducts examinations in different test centres. Candidates can check the test centre for the entrance exam of Pondicherry University below.
|Pondicherry University Exam Centres|
Pondicherry University 2021 Result
After the successful conduction of the examination, the exam authority will announce the release date of the result. Candidates can download the results only through online mode by entering their application number and date of birth. Candidates must follow these steps to download the result of the Pondicherry University Entrance Exam.
- Step 1: To download the result, aspirants must visit the official website.
- Step 2: Search for the link to download the result.
- Step 3: Aspirants can download the result by using the account details.
- Step 4: Candidates must take the printout/xerox of the scorecard, and keep it for future uses.
Pondicherry University 2021 Counselling
After clearing the entrance examination, candidates can proceed with the registration of the counselling session through online mode. The authority will summon the candidates who qualified for the entrance exam based on the merit list. Candidates can pay the counselling fee online through any of these modes- credit/debit card/ net banking.
Documents to be carried while reporting to the Counselling Centre:
Aspirants must carry the following documents while appearing for the Counselling Session.
- Class 11 and 12 marks sheet for age proof
- Educational degree certificates
- Xerox copies of the same
Pondicherry University 2021 Admission
After the successful completion of the counselling process, the authority will send the offer letter to the selected candidates. Candidates must submit the application form along with xerox copies of all the documents. The university grants admission to MBA based on the CAT score.
Pondicherry University 2021 Admission Fee
The admission fee for Pondicherry University varies for all the courses available. For both MBA & PG courses, the admission fee is as follows:
- MBA- INR 24,925
- PG- INR 11,425
Candidates can pay the admission fee via demand draft as well. In case the candidate does not pay the tuition fee within the due date, the authority will charge a penalty of INR 200. If the candidate is making the payment through demand draft, they must write their name & the course they enrolled for on the back of the demand draft.
Pondicherry University 2021 Answer Key
The exam authority of Pondicherry University publishes the answer key after the entrance examination. With the help of the answer key, candidates can check whether the questions they attempted are correct or not.
How to download the answer key for the entrance exam of Pondicherry University?
Follow the instructions to download the answer key of Pondicherry University:
- Step 1: Go through the Official site of Pondicherry University.
- Step 2: Search the link “Pondicherry Admission Test Answer Key,” and tap on it.
- Step 3: Candidates must match the code of the question paper with the answer key.
- Step 4: Candidates can download the answer key in pdf format and can match their answers with the same.
Pondicherry University Preparation
Preparing for an examination involves many tasks such as planning the schedule, knowing the exam pattern, and knowledge of the syllabus. Apart from all these, candidates must solve previous year questions and practice mock tests. They can also practice from the sample papers and various study materials which are available online. It will help to enhance their learning skills, and they can also analyse their performance based on their problem-solving skills. Besides these, there are several books which they can use as a reference for their preparation. Preparing a short note on the topics will help a lot. While revising for the exam, they can prefer short notes for active learning.
Pondicherry University Contact Details
Address: Pondicherry University
R.V. Nagar, Kalapet,
Official Website: www.pondiuni.edu.in