Organized by Kakatiya University, Kakatiya University Post Graduate Common Entrance Test is for candidates aspiring to apply for admission into M.A, MLISC, MSW, M.Sc, M.Ed, MP.Ed, MTM, M.Com, JMC, MHRM courses of various affiliated colleges through the KU Post-Graduate Common Entrance Test. KU PGCET 2021 will be held on the state-level only.
- What is KU PGCET?
- KU PGCET 2021 Exam Date
- KU PGCET 2021 Eligibility
- KU PGCET 2021 Application Form
- KU PGCET 2021 Admit Card
- KU PGCET 2021 Exam Centre
- KU PGCET 2021 Exam Pattern
- KU PGCET 2021 Syllabus
- KU PGCET 2021 Preparation Tips
- KU PGCET 2021 Result
- KU PGCET 2021 Cut off
- KU PGCET 2021 Counselling
What is KU PGCET?
Kakatiya University, Warangal is a government-funded university situated in the states of Telangana. It offers various postgraduate courses across Arts, Science, and Commerce streams. Kakatiya University also conducts Post Graduate Common Entrance Test and it considers the marks of the qualifying exam. Usually, the University invites application for KU PGCET 2021 as per the schedule mentioned on the official website.
KU PGCET Exam Highlights
|Exam Name||Kakatiya University Post Graduate Common Entrance Test|
|Conducting Body||Kakatiya University|
|Courses offered||M.A, M.com,M.Ed, MJMC, MLIBISC, M.Ped, MSC, MSW,MTM|
|Exam Date||May 28, 2021 (Tentative)|
|KU PGCET official website||www.kakatiya.ac.in|
KU PGCET 2021 Exam Dates
KU PGCET 2021 tentative exam dates are mentioned below. It will help you keep track of all the events related to this exam. KU PGCET 2021 form dates are the most important as candidates should complete the application process before the deadline. Students should take care of this and apply it as soon as possible. The application will be accessible from the university website - kupgcet.com.
|KU PGCET 2021 Application Form start date||Apr 23, 2021|
|KU PGCET 2021 Application Form end date||May 22, 2021|
|KUPGCET 2021 Application Form end date (with late fee)||May 25, 2021|
|KU PGCET 2021 Admit Card Date||May 27, 2021|
|KU PGCET 2021 Exam Date||May 28, 2021|
|KU PGCET 2021 Result Date||To be announced|
KU PGCET 2021 Eligibility
Before applying and appearing for the KU PGCET exam, candidates must check the eligibility criteria which is prescribed by the conducting authority. In case a candidate fails to meet the criteria mentioned below, he/she will be rejected for the admission process.
Eligibility criteria for candidates who are aspiring to apply for KU PGCET 2021 are discussed below.
Candidates should be an Indian national. They should belong to Telangana state only and should satisfy the local and Non-local requirements as laid down by the Telangana State Education Institution.
Students who have passed or appeared for the final year intermediate examination of 2021 are eligible for 5 years of integrated M.Sc course. Students belonging to the general category must have secured marks ranking between 45-50% and reserved category candidates should have secured 50% marks in the qualifying exam.
There are no age restrictions to be eligible for the KU PGCET exam.
- There is a reservation for female candidates, local candidates, candidates belonging to reserved categories, and other backward classes.
- The students belonging to the districts of Khammam, Adilabad, Hyderabad (including twin cities), Karimnagar, Mahaboobnagar, Medak, Nalgonda, Nizamabad, Ranga Reddy, and Warangal are considered to be Local candidates and will fall under the 'A' Local area candidates who shall have 85% available seats in their favour and candidates outside of these mentioned districts will fall under 'B' Local candidates who shall claim the remaining 15% of the available seats.
- The 15% seats, however, will be filled by both local and non-local candidates. For the female candidates, 33.33% of seats will be reserved in each course or subject. The ST and SC will have 15% and 7.5% seats reserved for each course or subject respectively. Additionally, the Physically challenged and backward classes will also have a reservation.
KU PGCET 2021 Application form
Candidates wishing to apply for KU PGCET 2021 must be a citizen of India with a relevant graduate degree. The KU PGCET form will be available on the official website from the Apr 23, 2021 till May 22, 2021 (Tentative). The Application Form can be filled from anywhere with a sound internet connection. Before filling the Application Form, candidates should have the following information/documents handy:
- Personal mobile number
- KU PGCET 2021 Information Brochure
- Document related to personal details and academic records
- Soft copies of scanned passport size photograph photo and signature
How to fill the KU PGCET 2021 Application Form
- Visit the official website and click on the 'Registration Link' on the top menu to get your self-registered for KU PGCET 2021.
- Enter the Name and personal details along with email id, mobile number, and date of birth as mentioned in SSC or equivalent certificate.
- After completion of entering the details, you will be sent a user ID and Password on the mobile number and email ID entered at the time of registration.
- Click on the 'PROCEED PAYMENT' link for paying the application fee. Post that you will be redirected to the next page.
- Enter the other personal details, registration details, communication details.
- Upload passport size photograph and signature in jpg/jpeg format. Click on 'Save & Continue'.
- Enter all the educational details and click on 'Save'.
- A preview page will open an overview of all the details entered by you and save or print for future reference.
KU PGCET 2021 Application Fee
The mode of paying the application fee is online. KU PGCET 2021 application fee remitted by the candidates is non-refundable. The application fee will be charged as per the category of candidates and is the same for each course.
|OC/BC candidate||INR 450|
KU PGCET 2021 Admit card
KU PGCET 2021 Admit Card will be released online on the university website on May 27, 2021. The Admit Card is a mandatory document that must be produced at the exam centre to be eligible to appear the exam. The Admit Card will comprise relevant information as given below.
- Application Number
- Hall Ticket Number
- Name of candidate
- Father's Name
- Date of Birth
- Residential address of the aspirant
- Exam Name
- Details of the Examination centre
- Exam date and time
- Aspirant's photograph and signature
- Important instructions
Steps for downloading the Admit Card
- Visit the website www.kupgcet2021.com.
- Click on the 'Login' link on the top menu for downloading the admit card.
- Enter the User ID and password, and log in.
- Click on 'Download Hall Ticket' link on top the window. Download and print it for future use.
KU PGCET 2021 Exam centre
KU PGCET 2021 was held across Warangal or Karimnagar centres. Candidates need to choose their convenient exam centres at the time of filling the application form. Exam centres are liable to change by the university in case there is insufficient or less than 100 candidates for a specific program.
For 5 years of integrated M.Sc program, the exam centres will be located at Warangal only. There will no entrance test conducted for M.A. (Sanskrit, Hindi, Urdu), M.Sc (food science and technology) and M.Sc, MIT programs.
KU PGCET 2021 Exam Pattern
KU PGCET 2021 Exam Pattern will include 100 objectives questions. The total time duration of the exam will be two and a half hours. No negative marks will be allotted for wrong answers. The other necessary information on KU PGCET 2021 has been mentioned below:
|Exam mode||Offline(Pen and Paper-based)|
|Number of papers||1|
|Question paper type||Multiple choice objective type questions|
|Exam duration||150 minutes|
KU PGCET 2021 Syllabus
There is no such syllabus for KU PGCET 2021 examination. This is because the syllabus varies from course to course. The question paper will not be identical for every course. The syllabus will cover portions of the concerned subjects for which an individual is applying.
The syllabus for some courses have been given below:
- English Grammar
- Books and Authors
- Figures of Speech
- Literary terms
- Ages and Movements
- Literary Appreciation of poem and prose passage
- Micro Economics
- Macro Economics
- Economics development
- Indian Economic problems
- Concept and Theories
- Indian Administration
- Management of Resource
- Theories and Institutions
- History of India
- History of Modern Europe
- Its Relation to other Science
- Human Society
- Social Contract Theory
- Status of Women in Indian Society
Human Resource Management
- Language Comprehension
- General Knowledge
- Test of Reasoning
- Management Aptitude
Master of Social Work
- Human Society
- Social Groups
- Social Institutions
- Social Problems
- Social Works
Master of Education
- Foundation of Education
- Psychological Foundation of Education
- Educational Technology and Computer Education
- School Management and System of Education
Master of Tourism and Management
- Geographical Conditions of India
- Vedic Culture
- Mauryan Empire
- Western Impact on India
- Business Economics
- Industrial Organisation and Management
- Financial Accounting
- Quantitative Techniques
- Financial Management
- Diversity of Microbes
- Diversity of Cryptogams
- Diversity of Flowering plants
- Biology of Invertebrates and Cell Biology
- Biomolecules of the Cell
- Animal Physiology
- Applied Zoology
Preparation Tips for KU PGCET 2021 Exam
Students aspiring to appear for the upcoming KU PGCET Exam can follow the tips given below. Students often think that the exams are difficult. But with proper knowledge about the basics and constant practices they can easily ace this exam.
Scan the syllabus
Before beginning the preparation it is important to know the topics given in the syllabus. The best way to know about the syllabus is to go through the previous year question papers (based on the subjects you choose).
This will give you an overall picture regarding the difficulty level of questions asked and the information about the exam pattern.
Develop a Time table
Once after you decide to study, it is important to prepare a timetable of your own. Focus on the basics during the initial stages of preparation and also give priorities for practice. Learning the concepts and then practising rigorously is very important to crack the exam.
There can be no words enough to emphasize the importance of revision. After you learn it is important to revisit the topics once again and learn them. It will also help if you take short notes of what you learn.
Writing down the formula and other vital concepts will help you revise before the exam. Also as there are a lot of books available in the market, Picking the right study material will help you score well.
Choose easy subjects
You should not be leaving easy subjects. In other words, covering the easy subjects completely will help you to improve your score. Subjects like Mathematics are considered easy and high scoring.
KU PGCET Recommended books
When it comes to best books there is some highly recommended author material for beginners and advanced level preparations. Few names of the popular books recommended for KU PGCET preparation are mentioned below:
|Success Guide PGCET- M.E/ M.Tech/EC/TC||Team of experts|
|Final touch of PGCET||Dr Shradha Runwal Gadiya|
|Success Guide PGCET-M.E/M.Tech/CSE/ISE||Vasantha books house|
|Success Guide PGCET- M.E/M.Tech/Mech Eng||Team of Experts|
KU PGCET 2021 Result
KU PGCET 2021 Result will be equivalent to that of its rank card. Candidates can go to the official website for checking results. The results will be published after the completion of the exam. The results will consist of information including the rank, results and score.
Steps to download the Result
- Go to the link www.kupgcet2021.com
- Click on KU PGCET 2021 Result link
- Enter registration number and date of birth
- Click on submit button and download the results
KU PGCET 2021 Cut Off
The candidate who gets the qualifying marks will be called for the counselling procedure. The cut off for each category is different and according to the minimum marks secured, candidates will be selected or shortlisted. Likewise, the candidate who has the best rank will be provided with the admission options in the top colleges affiliated under the UK. The expected cut off for the year 2021 has been given below:
|Category||Cut off marks|
KU PGCET 2021 Counselling
KU PGCET counselling will be conducted in three rounds. Candidates who have successfully qualified the entrance test are eligible to attend the counselling. The first round of counselling will commence after the results are announced. Aspirants must follow the below instructions on the day of counselling:
- All candidates must bring the Transfer Certificate on the centre on the day of counselling for verification. One set of copies of the same has to be submitted at the counselling venue.
- The counselling fees has to be remitted on the day of counselling to get the admission form and admit card for the counselling.
- Post confirmation of the admission candidates must report to the concerned college within the specified date mentioned on the admit card and submit the following documents:
- Admit Card
- Admission Form
- Transfer Certificate in addition to all the original certificates