AIIMS PG is a medical entrance exam for post-graduation conducted by AIIMS, New Delhi. Criteria of AIIMS PG Exam depends on different criteria like Education, Resident, Marks, Internship, etc. Before applying to AIIMS PG 2021 candidate should check and verify the AIIMS PG 2021 Eligibility Criteria. In case the candidates are not meeting the eligibility criteria for the courses they are applying for, then the exam authority has the right to cancel their candidature for the session 2021-2022. Qualification for AIIMS PG is mention below.
AIIMS PG 2021 Eligibility Criteria: Important Highlights
Candidates who wish to attempt the AIIMS PG 2021 examination must check with the AIIMS PG 2021 eligibility in order to see if the criteria is met before applying for the examination. Below are the highlights of the examination with respect to eligibility.
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor's Degree in the relevant field (MBBS for MD/ MS/ M.Ch/ DM and BDS for MDS)|
|Marks Obtained||General/ OBC - 55% SC/ ST - 50%|
|Rotatory Internship||Must have done 12 Months Rotatory Internship (MD/ MS/ MDS candidates only)|
AIIMS PG 2021 Educational Qualification
- For MD/ MS/ MDS: A candidate must possess MBBS degree for MD/ MS and BDS degree for MDS courses of a University recognized by the Medical Council of India/ Dental Council of India (or approved by AIIMS) and must have completed the required period of 12 months compulsory rotating Internship/ Practical training on or before January 30, 2020.
- For M.Ch/ DM: The candidate must possess an MBBS degree and should have completed the required period of one-year compulsory Internship. He/she must have obtained at least 55% marks in aggregate in all the MBBS professional examinations.
AIIMS PG 2021 Qualifying Marks
The candidate must have obtained a minimum of the following marks in aggregate in all the MBBS/BDS professional examinations:
- Candidates belonging to the SC/ ST Categories 50% marks in aggregate to qualify for AIIMS PG 2021
- All other categories including OBC Category 55% marks in aggregate are required to qualify.
- For Persons with Bench-Mark Disabilities [PWBD] candidates, there is not mentioned any required marks. This kind of candidate has to follow the above criteria, i.e. SC/ ST with PWBD requires 50% overall and all other categories with PWBD require 55% overall to qualify.
Nationality: In order to appear for AIIMS PG 2021 the candidate must be an Indian citizen.
Age Limit: There is no restriction on the age limit for the candidates who are willing to apply for AIIMS PG 2021 exam.
Number of Attempts: There is no limit on the number of times candidates can appear for the AIIMS PG exam.
Note: In case, it is found that a candidate who does not fulfil the eligibility qualification/ criteria (such as Internship Completion dates) has provided false information solely for appearing in the examination for practice, the candidate shall be debarred from appearing in the examination in future. The selected candidate will be verified against previously available data for further action as above.