NBE released the NEET PG eligibility criteria 2021 as part of the official notification of the exam in November. The NEET PG 2021 eligibility criteria were released as part of the information brochure which contains important information like the important dates, exam pattern and syllabus, marking scheme, and exam guidelines among other things. Candidates can check the NEET PG eligibility criteria 2021 on the official website of the NBE. Candidates must meet the required eligibility criteria in order to write the exam. They must go through the NEET PG 2021 eligibility criteria, syllabus, and exam pattern carefully before applying.
The NEET PG exam is set for Apr 18, 2021 and the results will be declared on May 5, 2021 (Tentative).
NEET PG 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The NEET PG eligibility criteria 2021 states the minimum requirements needed by candidates of various categories to write the exam. There are separate eligibility criteria for foreign medical graduates and foreign nationals apart from the reserved categories. There is also a provision for All India Quota (AIQ) 50% seats. Candidates will have to clearly state the category that they fall into while applying for the exam, and the information must be in line with the information appearing on their official documents.
There are 3 general clauses for the NEET PG eligibility criteria 2021 which apply to all the candidates irrespective of their category, mentioned below:
- Educational Qualification: Candidates need to have an MBBS degree or provisional MBBS pass certificate recognized by the Indian Medical Council Act of 1956.
- Certificate of Registration: Candidates need to produce a permanent or provisional MBBS qualification registration issued by the State Medical Council (SMC) or Medical Council of India (MCI).
- Internship: Candidates need to have completed their mandatory internship on or before March 31, 2021.
NEET PG Eligibility Criteria 2021 - All India Quota (AIQ) 50% Seats
Candidates can apply for the 50% AIQ seats while filling in their application forms. The NEET PG eligibility criteria 2021 for candidates applying for the 50% AIQ seats are as follows:
- Candidates belonging to the state of Jammu & Kashmir are not eligible for the 50% AIQ seats as per the NEET PG eligibility criteria 2021.
- Candidates from Jammu & Kashmir nominated by the Government of India under central pool seats, pursuing MBBS from medical colleges in J&K will be eligible for the 50% AIQ seats. To meet the NEET PG 2021 eligibility criteria, such candidates need to submit a duly signed affidavit which states their nomination by the Government of India as per the category. Candidates will need to send the affidavit along with a print out of the NEET PG application form to the following address:
Deputy Director (Examinations)
National Board of Examinations,
Medical Enclave, Ansari Nagar
Mahatma Gandhi Marg (Ring Road),
New Delhi - 110029
NEET PG Eligibility Criteria 2021 - Foreign Medical Graduates
The NEET PG eligibility criteria 2021 for Indian citizens who have acquired their primary medical qualification from medical colleges outside Indian territory. The eligibility criteria for foreign medical graduates are as follows:
- Foreign medical graduate candidates need to clear the Foreign Medical Graduate Examination (FMGE) screening test.
- Candidates must register themselves with the MCI/SMC.
- Candidates must have mandatorily completed their internship period of 1 year as per the specified date.
- Candidates must produce their FMGE pass certificate issued by the NBE, on the day of the examination.
NEET PG Eligibility Criteria 2021 - Foreign Nationals
The NEET PG eligibility criteria 2021 for foreign nationals are as follows:
- From 2019, foreign national candidates don't need to be registered with MCI to write the NEET PG exam.
- The MCI will provide temporary registrations for foreign national candidates, in cases where they have to pay the registration fee.
- As per the eligibility criteria, the validity of the registration will only be provided for the postgraduate course duration. This registration will be limited to the medical institution to which the candidate has applied.
- It is mandatory for foreign national candidates to have registered themselves with a competent authority of their country to get temporary registration.
NEET PG Eligibility Criteria 2021 Highlights
Candidates need to keep in mind, certain things in regards to the NEET PG eligibility criteria 2021 in order to avoid having their candidature cancelled by the exam conducting authority.
- NBE reserves the right to cancel the candidature of any candidate at any stage of the exam and admission process if they are found to violate the NEET PG 2021 eligibility criteria. This applies to a situation where a candidate is found to be ineligible even after the admissions process is over.
- Candidates need to have completed their one-year internship within the stipulated time and any requests for extensions of the same will not be entertained.
- Candidates must make sure that they submit only one application form for the year that they are applying.
NEET PG Registration Process
The registration process for NEET PG entails a couple of steps to be completed by the candidate before they can proceed to fill the application form. Candidates need to first create a login ID and password which they can then use to complete the following steps in the registration process. The NEET PG registration process can largely be broken down into two steps, i.e registration and application form filling. Candidates need to make sure that they meet the NEET PG 2021 eligibility criteria before registering for the exam.
NEET PG Registration
As mentioned above, the NEET PG registration process involves a couple of steps. The sequence of steps that the candidate needs to follow are as follows:
- Visit the official NBE website
- Click on the link for NEET PG Registration
- Read the guidelines carefully and click on "Proceed"
- Candidates will be redirected to a page containing the details and flowchart for the online submission of the application form
- Click on "Proceed"
- In the next step, candidates will have to fill all their basic details like personal information, contact information, and ID proof information
- Candidates can either choose to "Save and Proceed" or "Save and Exit"
- Upon proceeding, a candidate ID will be generated and sent to the registered email address and phone number of the candidate. Candidates must log into their accounts and change their passwords
- Once the login ID is created, candidates will be redirected to the login page. Candidates will have to sign in to the login page to access the NEET PG application form.
NEET PG Application Form
The steps to fill the NEET PG application form are as follows:
- In the first step, candidates will have to fill in their personal information, academic information, internship details, and medical registration details
- Next, the candidate will have to choose the NEET PG exam centre as per their preference
- After choosing the test centre, candidates will have to upload copies of their passport size photograph, signature, and left thumbprint
- In the next step, candidates will have to pay the application fee
- For the last step, candidates will have to take a printout of their application form for future references