AP LAWCET exam pattern 2023 is set by Sri Padmavati Mahila Visvavidyalayam, Tirupati. As per the AP LAWCET 2023 exam pattern, there are 120 MCQs that need to be finished in under 90 minutes. The question paper of AP LAWCET is divided into 3 sections. One mark is allotted for every correct answer as per the AP LAWCET marking scheme. In addition, there is no negative marking in the AP LAWCET 2023 marking scheme.
Candidates must know that for ST/SC candidates, there is no qualifying marks in the AP LAWCET paper pattern. Students appearing in the TS LAWCET 2023 can read along to get an in-depth understanding about the test pattern.
Table of Content
- AP LAWCET Exam Pattern 2023: Highlights
- AP LAWCET Exam Pattern 2023: Sectional Details
- AP LAWCET Exam Pattern 2023 Marking Scheme
- AP LAWCET Exam Pattern: Mode
- AP LAWCET Syllabus 2023
- AP LAWCET 2023 Vs. AP PGLCET 2023 Pattern
- AP LAWCET 2023 Exam Preparation Tips
AP LAWCET Exam Pattern 2023: Highlights
AP LAWCET exam is a state-level which stands for Andhra Pradesh Law Common Entrance Test. Sri Padmavati Mahila Visvavidyalayam conducts it in Tirupati on behalf of APSCHE. Sri Padmavati Mahila Visvavidyalayam drafts AP LAWCET exam pattern 2023.
There are two programs under the AP LAWCET 2023 exam pattern.
- 3-year law course
- 5-year integrated law course
- For the 3-year course, the level of questions shall be from a degree-level reference.
- 5-year course the level of questions shall be on an intermediate level.
Some of the highlights related to the AP LAWCET exam pattern are as follows.
|Exam Full Form||Andhra Pradesh Law Common Entrance Test (AP LAWCET)|
|AP LAWCET Conducting Body||Sri Padmavati Mahila Visvavidyalayam, Tirupati|
|Mode of AP LAWCET Exam||Online Computer-Based|
|Programs Offered||LL.B 3 Year (LLB and LLB Hons.)|
|5 Year Integrated (B.A L.L.B, B.A L.L.B Hons., B.B.A L.L.B, B.COM L.L.B)|
|Exam Duration||1 Hour and 30 Minutes (90 Mins)|
|Number of Papers||1|
|Number of Sections per Paper||3|
|Sectional Details||General knowledge and Current affairs|
|AP LAWCET Section Time-Limit||No Sectional Time Limit|
|AP LAWCET Exam Medium||English and Telegu|
|Total Number of Questions||120|
|Type of Questions||Multiple-Choice Questions|
|Negative Marking||No Provision for Negative Marking|
AP LAWCET Exam Pattern 2023: Sectional Details
There are three sections as per the AP LAWCET exam pattern 2023. The three sections are General knowledge and Current affairs, Legal aptitude, and Mental ability. As per the AP LAWCET 2023 exam pattern, 120 MCQ-type questions are divided among the sections mentioned above.
Candidates can refer to the table below to understand the section-wise breakup of question distribution and total marks allocation.
|Section||Subjects||Number of Questions||Marks|
|C||Aptitude for the Study of Law||60||60|
AP LAWCET Exam Pattern 2023 Marking Scheme
The details about the AP LAWCET exam pattern 2023 marking scheme are given below for students.
- For every correct attempt, students will receive one mark as per the AP LAWCET 2023 exam pattern.
- There is no provision for negative marking in the AP LAWCET exam. The grade will not be deducted if the candidate has answered incorrectly or wrongly.
- No mark will be deducted from the total score of the candidates for leaving a question blank or not attempting it in the AP LAWCET exam.
- If two options are marked as answers, it will be considered an invalid response; hence no marks will be awarded to the candidate as per the AP LAWCET 2023 exam pattern marking scheme.
|TS LAWCET Question Attempt Criteria||Marks Allotted|
|For correct answer||1 Marks Allotted|
|For the wrong answer||0 Mark Deducted|
|Unattempted Question||No Marks|
Qualifying Marks in AP LAWCET 2023
The category-wise qualifying marks for AP LAWCET 2023 are discussed below:
|Category||Marks required||Percentage required|
|General||42 marks out of 120||35%|
|SC/ST||No qualifying marks|
AP LAWCET Exam Pattern: Mode
The AP LAWCET exam is conducted in an online manner. It is a computer-based test that lasts around 90 minutes or 1 hour & 30 minutes. Candidates are required to be physically present while attending their exams at the AP LAWCET exam centres 2023.
AP LAWCET Syllabus 2023
Candidates must understand the AP LAWCET exam pattern 2023 for their preparation. In addition, it is also essential for candidates to understand the AP LAWCET syllabus 2023. The test syllabus covers three sections of general knowledge & current affairs, legal aptitude, and mental ability. Candidates must ensure that they cover the syllabus at least twice before the exam.
AP LAWCET 2023 Vs. AP PGLCET 2023 Pattern
LAWCET 2023 is a three-year and five-year LLB entrance exam. Meanwhile, the AP PGLCET 2023 exam is conducted for admission to the two-year LLM program. The exam pattern for the AP PGLCET exam is also different from the exam pattern for AP LAWCET 2023. Some of the differences between the two are as follows.
|AP PGLCET Section Name||Particulars|
|Programs Offered||2-Year LLM|
|Type of Question||MCQs|
|Number of Questions||120|
The sectional details are as follows
|Section Name||Sectional Details||Number of Questions||Total Number of Questions|
|Part B||Public International Law||16||80|
|Crimes and Torts||16|
|IPR and Other Laws||16|
AP LAWCET 2023 Exam Preparation Tips
Applicants should build study routines and stick by them. Listed below are some vital tips to remember while you’re preparing for AP LAWCET 2023 exam.
- Create a Study Schedule: Before starting preparation for AP LAWCET, you have to make a proper timetable that covers all the topics of the officially prescribed syllabus.
- Planning: Candidates can refer to the AP LAWCET exam pattern 2023 and start the preparation with sections that contain more mark weightage.
- Time Allotment: Make sure that you allot more time to a subject that needs more attention and from which more questions are asked each year.
- Solve AP LAWCET Previous Year Question Papers: Candidates will get familiar with the exam pattern and weightage distribution of various areas of study with the more previous year question papers they solve.
- Take AP LAWCET Mock Tests: Candidates must take as many mock tests before the actual day of the exam. Mock test papers can help candidates identify their strong and weak areas. Also, the mock test gives them the chance to strengthen those weak areas.
How many questions are asked in AP LAWCET exam?
There are total 120 objective-type questions are asked in the AP LAWCET exam.
Is there any negative marking in AP LAWCET exam?
No, there is no negative marking in AP LAWCET exam.
From which subjects are questions asked in the AP LAWCET exam?
Questions in AP LAWCET exam are broadly asked from three subjects - General Knowledge, Current Affairs and Aptitude for the Study of Law.
What is the duration of completing the AP LAWCET exam?
Candidates need to complete the AP LAWCET exam in a maximum duration of 90 minutes.
In which mode is the AP LAWCET exam held?
The AP LAWCET exam is held in online mode as a computer-based test.