The NBE releases the FMGE Previous Years Question Papers every year. Candidates can practise these previous year question papers for getting an idea of the type of questions that can be expected and for scoring higher marks in the exam. They can avail these question papers free of cost from the official website and also from this page. The links for downloading the same are provided at the bottom of this section.
Candidates will get a clear understanding of the question paper pattern by practising and learning with the FMGE Previous Years Question Papers. They can also visit the official website - nbe.edu.in for added information. This section discusses all the important aspects of the MCI FMGE Question Papers, and candidates can go through this page fully for further information about the same.
FMGE Previous Years Question Papers: Highlights
The highlights of the FMGE Exam are given below as a table, for the reference of the candidates.
|Name of the Exam||Foreign Medical Graduates Examination|
|Level of the Exam||National Level|
|Exam Mode||Online (CBT)|
|Exam Authority||National Board of Examination|
|Date of the Exam||December 04, 2021|
How to Download the FMGE Previous Years Question Papers?
The steps involved in downloading the FMGE Previous Years Question Papers are given below. Candidates can follow this procedure:
- Visit the official website of the NBE- nbe.edu.in
- Click on the tab specifying FMGE
- Select the previous question papers option in the links under "Download"
- Browse for the previous years question papers given and click on the link to download
- Download the pdf files after being redirected to a new window
As an alternative, candidates can also download the FMGE Previous Years Question Papers from this page. The following table comprises the previous years papers for the years 2019 and 2018 December sessions of the exam.
|Links for the previous year papers|
|FMGE 2018 Previous Year Question Paper for December session|
|FMGE 2019 Previous Year Question Paper for December session|
FMGE Exam Pattern 2021
As important as it sounds to practise with the help of the FMGE Previous Years Question Papers, it is equally important for the candidates to go through the exam pattern before starting with the preparation. The important and key points associated with the exam pattern of the FMGE Exam 2021 are listed below:
- The exam is of 300 marks totally and comprises only multiple-choice questions (objective type).
- It takes place in two shifts or parts, on a single day, divided by an interval. Each shift comprises 150 questions with a weighting of 150 marks.
- It is an online and computer-based test where candidates require a minimum mark of 150 out of 300 to clear, i.e. 50%.
- The total time allotted for the exam is 5 hours (300) minutes, i.e. 150 minutes (2.5 hours) for each shift/ part.
- Each correct answer is awarded by 1 mark, and no marks will be deducted for wrong answers (no negative marking).
- Unattended questions will not be validated.
The subject-wise marking pattern for the Para and Pre Clinical subjects are given below as a table.
|Name of the Subject||Marks Allotted|
The subject-wise marking pattern for the Clinical subjects is given below as a table.
|General Surgery and Allied subjects|
|Obstetrics and Gynaecology||30|
|Medicine and Allied subjects|
|Dermatology and STD||5|
FMGE Preparation Tips
Candidates should remember that they must prepare very well for the exam, for scoring high marks. Good preparation involves a lot of practice and following certain tips and strategies. It is advised that the candidates should devise their own strategies for preparation or can follow the tips given below:
- Time Schedule: Candidates should prepare a timetable or a schedule and make sure to follow that schedule for the entire preparation process. This way they will be able to stay on track and prepare effectively.
- Topic-wise preparation: Going through every topic helps candidates to cover more and also to remember them better. They must read through the syllabus before starting the preparation.
- FMGE Previous Years Question Papers: Preparation with the help of mock test papers, previous question papers and sample papers allow the candidates to understand the paper pattern and will also help them become more efficient in time management. They can also practise by attempting the FMGE Previous Years Question Papers and mock tests with a stopwatch and try finishing the test within the allotted time.
- For covering all the topics in the syllabus, candidates are advised to study 6 to 8 hours a day on an average.
- Referring to reference books and materials would also prove to be very effective in terms of preparation.