KMAT Kerala presents an opportunity for the candidates aspiring to get admission into MBA and PGDM courses of some of the best institutes in Kerala. This exam is held twice a year, KMAT Kerala is the state-level exam for admission into various management courses specifically in the state of Kerala. Want to know more about this exam? Read this complete article to get a fair idea about the preparation, exam pattern, and more.
Latest News on KMAT Kerala
- KMAT Kerala 2021 Result Declared; Download Now - Published on April 27, 2021
- April 26, 2021: The results for KMAT Kerala 2021 have been announced in the form of a PDF. Visit KMAT Kerala Result to check your results now!
- April 13, 2021: The provisional answer Key for KMAT Kerala 2021 has been released. Candidates can download the pdf and check their responses now. Any objections to the answer keys need to reach the CEE Kerala before April 19, 2021. Visit KMAT Kerala Answer Key for more information.
- What is KMAT Kerala?
- KMAT Kerala 2021 Exam Dates
- KMAT Kerala 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- KMAT Kerala 2021 Application Form
- KMAT Kerala 2021 Admit Card
- How to prepare for KMAT Kerala?
- KMAT Kerala 2021 Reference Books
- KMAT Kerala 2021 Exam Pattern
- KMAT Kerala 2021 Syllabus
- KMAT Kerala 2021 Exam Centres
- KMAT Kerala 2021 Results
- KMAT Kerala 2021 Answer Key
- KMAT Kerala 2021 Counselling
- Colleges Accepting KMAT Kerala 2021 Score
- Important Instructions
- KMAT Kerala 2021 Contact Details
What is KMAT Kerala?
Organized by the Kerala University of Fisheries and Ocean Studies (KUFOS), Kerala Management Aptitude Test (KMAT) is conducted for candidates aspiring to pursue different courses under MBA across different Management Colleges of the state of Kerala. KUFOS conducts KMAT Kerala 2021 under the supervision of the Admission Supervisory Committee (ASC).
Kerala Management Aptitude test presents an opportunity for candidates to get admission into different Management colleges of Kerala.
Participating Colleges: Candidate can take admission into many colleges for Management Courses by attending KMAT Kerala. Some of the best universities under this examination are Kannur University (KU), Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT), Kerala Agriculture University (KAU), Kerala University of Fisheries Ocean Studies(KUFOC) and Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University, Thiruvananthapuram.
Statement: The KMAT Kerala examination empowers candidates to look for confirmation for a Master of Business Administration(MBA) program and Post Graduation Diploma in Management. All applicants who fulfil the qualification criteria can apply for the online examination.
Weightage: The weight for the whole procedure is in the ratio of 80:10:10 for the KMAT Kerala exam respectively for composed test, Group discussion, and Personal Interview.
Recurrence: The KMAT Kerala is held twice in a year.
KMAT Kerala 2021 Highlights
|Exam Name||Kerala Management Aptitude Test|
|Directing Authority||Kerala University of Fisheries and Ocean Studies (KUFOS)|
|Exam Level||State Level|
|Recurrence||Two times per year|
|Method of Exam||Paper BasedTest|
|Test Duration||150 Minutes|
|Kind of Questions||Multiple-Choice Questions|
|Method of Application||Online Only|
KMAT Kerala 2021 Exam Dates
Candidates are advised to stay updated about the important dates associated with KMAT 2021 Kerala. The KMAT 2021 will be held in more than 10 cities across Kerala; Thiruvananthapuram, Kollam, Ernakulam, Alappuzha, Pathanamthitta, Wayanad, Kannur, Palakkad, Kasargod, Malappuram, Kozhikode, Kottayam are the cities to name a few. Students can choose their nearest centres according to their convenience.
The tentative dates mentioned below are for the December session of the KMAT Kerala exam. The notification for the December session is expected to come out soon.
- Application Form: The KMAT Kerala Important Dates start with the Application Form is available from Mar 17, 2021 to Mar 28, 2021 from 4 pm for the respective day.
- Admit Card: The KMAT Kerala Admit Card will be available on Apr 5, 2021.
- KMAT Kerala 2021 Exam Date: The candidate who wants to take MBA admission in Kerala has to take part in the KMAT Kerala examination which will be held on Apr 11, 2021.
- Result Date: After the successful completion of the exam the candidate can get the results on the official website. The candidate has to download the KMAT Kerala 2021 Result and take a print of the result. At the time of counselling and Admission, the scorecard is essential at the time of counselling.
- Counselling Date: The admission process for the MBA in Kerala will happen based on the counselling process which will be conducted after the KMAT Kerala 2021 Result.
The exam dates are listed in the following table
|Important Events 2021||Dates|
|Online Application Form Start Date||Mar 17, 2021|
|Last Date of Application Form Submission||Mar 28, 2021|
|KMAT Kerala Admit Card Date||Apr 5, 2021 (Tentative)|
|KMAT Kerala Exam Date||Apr 11, 2021|
|Provisional Answer Key and Objection Window||April 13, 2021
April 19, 2021
|KMAT Kerala Result Date||Apr 26, 2021
KMAT Kerala 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates are advised to go through the eligibility criteria of KMAT Kerala 2021 carefully to avoid unnecessary mistakes. These criteria change from exam to exams. The eligibility criteria are set by Kerala University of Fisheries and Ocean Studies (KUFOS), based on different courses.
The eligibility criteria that are mentioned by the conducting authority, for taking the exam are as follows:
- Citizenship: The candidate should be a citizen of India and should be a native of Kerala to qualify for the first category KMAT Kerala Eligibility. To know more about the Eligibility Criteria KMAT Kerala 2021 Eligibility section.
- Capability: The candidate should pass a graduation degree from the Kerala state or some other perceived college and need to secure minimum 50% marks in the qualifying exam to be qualified for the KMAT Kerala examination. For the reserved category namely the ST, SC, the candidate has to secure 40% marks in the qualifying exam to eligible for KMAT Kerala 2021.
- Bachelor's: Candidates must have finished their Bachelor's Degree from any recognized university, college, or institution of least 3 years span to qualify for the examination. Candidate, who is pursuing the last semester of a bachelor's degree can also apply for the KMAT Kerala 2021. Candidates who have appeared for CMAT or CAT are also eligible to apply for KMAT 2021.
- Age Limit: There are no certain age limitations to qualify for the examination.
- Final Year Students: Candidates who are appearing up for the last year of the qualifying examination are eligible to apply, they should submit their final result of the bachelor's degree before the last day of admission.
KMAT Kerala 2021 Application Form
The Application is available on the official website of KMAT from Mar 17, 2021 and the last date to submit the KMAT Kerala 2021 application form will be on Mar 28, 2021. The application form has to be filled within Mar 28, 2021 with all of the required documents.
Note: Check the application form after filling as once applied to the form the details given cannot be changed and the candidate may not be even allowed to write the exam.
Candidates need to register for the KMAT Kerala exam only through the online mode. If you are registering for the exam make sure to apply before the end of the deadline.
- Points of interest: Keeping in mind the end goal to finish the application procedure effectively the candidate must enter an individual's interest, contact details, qualification details, exam centre, and so forth.
- Online Form: The KMAT Kerala 2021 Form is available only on the official website from Mar 17, 2021 to Mar 28, 2021.
- Payment of Application Fee: The candidates can pay the KMAT Kerala 2021 Application fee online using Net Banking/ Credit Card/ Debit Card. The application fees can only be paid through online mode.
- Information on Application Form: The details that have to be filled in the form are Name, Gender, Age, Address, Category, Academic Details, Mobile Number, Email ID, Photograph, Signature, Aadhar Number, Exam Centre.
- Uploading of Documents: The documents and their prescribed formats that are needed to be uploaded are given in the table below
|Documents||File Size||File Dimensions||File Format|
|Passport Size Photograph||40kb||150x200||JPG|
KMAT Kerala 2021 Admit Card
After the application form is filled, the candidates have to wait till Apr 5, 2021 to get there admit card. Admit card will be available online on the official website. Check the admit card for any errors, if any errors are present or your admit card is not available then contact the university.
The KMAT Kerala admit card is a very important document that is to be carried to the examination hall without fail. Failing to do so, the candidates will not be allowed to write the exam.
- Admit Card: Candidates who successfully register themselves can download KMAT Kerala 2021 Admit Card on Apr 5, 2021
- Identity Proof: With a specific end goal to get the Admit card, the candidates must enter enrollment numbers and passwords. Admit card contains important elements, for example, Registration Number, exam centre, Examination Date and Time, applicants photograph and so on.
- Documents Required: It is required to convey the KMAT Kerala Admit card alongside Identity Card, the applicant won't be permitted to enter the examination Hall if he/she fails to bring.
- Details present on the Admit Card: The various particulars that are present on the KMAT Kerala Admit card are as follows:
- Name of the candidate
- Photograph of the candidate
- Address of the test centre
- Date of the Test
- Admit Card number
How to Prepare for KMAT Kerala?
Every preparation for exams like KMAT Kerala requires dedication, focus and perseverance. You need to have proper dedication towards your aim to crack the entrance exam and take another step towards forming your career. You need the presence of mind and focus to concentrate on finishing the required syllabus of the exam. Finally, you need to have the perseverance to avoid disappointments when facing difficulties.
Create a Custom Schedule
The first thing you need to do before you start your real exam preparation is that you need to prepare a proper preparation schedule. A proper preparation schedule consists of equal time distribution for all of the topics involved, time for practising sample questions papers, time in the end for multiple revisions and last but not least is the inclusion of breaks in the middle of the preparation sessions. Make sure that you stick to that schedule throughout the preparation.
Intense Practice Sessions
Most of the topics are in the KMAT Kerala Exam are practice intense. So, you need to collect as many KMAT Kerala related material as possible. This includes the practice papers, mock tests, previous year papers, and other workbooks. Intense practices make you familiarize with the structure and type of questions in these sections. Also, it increases your speed in answering the questions with accuracy.
There are four sections in the KMAT Kerala Exam. Each of these sections needs different approaching methods.
- Quantitative Aptitude: The most important aspect of this section is effectively using the calculator to answer the questions. The easy alternative to this is using various tips and tricks to answer the questions. To learn and retain as many as you can.
- Data Sufficiency and Logical Reasoning Section: This section demands speed and accuracy from you. So you need to develop those two things with intense practice sessions on this section from the sample and practice papers. Time management is the key to scoring in this section.
- Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension: This section requires you to brush up on the basics of English like grammar and stuff. Reading more also helps with answering in this section.
- General Knowledge and Contemporary Business Scenario: There is no alternative for this section except that you need to read newspapers and magazines regularly. This will develop your knowledge about what's happening around you.
KMAT Kerala 2021 Reference Books
There is no particular book for the KMAT Kerala by ASC, but few suggested KMAT Kerala Reference Books for the examination are
- P Sinha for Quantitative Ability
- Pearson Guide to Quantitative Aptitude and Data Interpretation for CAT by Nishit Sinha, Publisher- Pearson
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examination Tips, Techniques, and Short-cut Methods by Abhijit Guha
- Pearson Guide to Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning for CAT by Nishit Sinha, Publisher- Pearson
- How to Prepare for Data Interpretation for the CAT by Arun Sharma, Publisher- Tata Mcgraw Hill
KMAT Kerala 2021 Exam Pattern
KMAT Kerala 2021 is conducted twice a year to select students for MBA and PGDM courses in colleges throughout Kerala. This exam is conducted to check the ability of the students. Based on the exam a merit list is prepared according to the scores of the candidates. The KMAT Kerala exam pattern is as follows:
- Time Limitations: The aggregate time accessible for the candidate to complete the exam is 150 Minutes or Two and a half hours.
- Mode: KMAT Kerala 2021 Examination is an offline mode Pen-Paper based exam comprising 180 Multiple-Choice Questions or MCQs. Each right answer to the question brings (+) 4 marks. There is negative marking and so each wrong answer gets (-) 1 mark.
- Pattern: The KMAT Kerala Exam Pattern has 4 sections, having MCQs that are to be completed in 2 hours 30 minutes or 150 minutes.
- Sectional Timing: There is no sectional time limit to complete the paper.
|Section Name||No. of Questions|
|English Language and Reading Comprehension||50|
|Data Sufficiency & Logical Reasoning||40|
|General Knowledge & Contemporary Business Scenario||40|
KMAT Kerala 2021 Syllabus
The syllabus is for KMAT Kerala is outlined on its official website. It is pretty much similar to other ongoing examinations. The syllabus is set as per the requirement to analyze the performance of the students. The candidates have to prepare for the exam as the syllabus is set.
Points: The authority will bound The syllabus of KMAT Kerala around subjects like Analytical Reasoning, Reading Comprehension, and Logical Reasoning. Candidates likewise shall prepare General Knowledge question.
Syllabus: The KMAT Kerala 2021 Syllabus is segregated into four sections:
English Language and Reading Comprehension:
- English Grammar
- Vocabulary and Language Usage
- Comprehension Passage
Data Sufficiency and Logical Reasoning:
- It contains Graphs, Pie Charts, Charts, etc, to analyze and interpret data from
General Knowledge and Contemporary Business Scenario:
- Latest Current Affairs and Trending Topics of the year.
KMAT Kerala 2021 Exam Centres
The exam centres for KMAT Kerala are released by the conducting authority of the exam. There are a total of 14 cities of Kerala in which the exam is being conducted. They are listed in the table below.
Know more about KMAT Kerala Exam Centres.
KMAT Kerala 2021 Results
The KMAT Kerala 2021 Score Cards will be made available soon after the declaration of the result. The results for KMAT Kerala 2021 have been announced on the official website. The user has to login using his application number, etc to get the result. After which the candidates can go on get the printout of the scorecard.
- Statement: KMAT Kerala 2021 Results have been announced on the official website on Apr 26, 2021.
- Official Website: The candidates who show up for the KMAT Kerala exam will have the facility to check their results from the KMAT Kerala official site.
- PDF Format: Results will be released in PDF format, carrying the candidate’s overall rank and section-wise marks.
- Points of interest: The scorecard of every candidate will contain the candidate's name, the application number, sectional marks, total marks and the general rank of the applicant.
- Cutoff: The ASC of Kerala sets up the minimum required marks to qualify for admission into any institutes or colleges through KMAT Kerala. The category-wise cutoffs are listed in the table below.
|Category||Qualifying Cut Off|
KMAT Kerala 2021 Answer Key
The answer key for KMAT Kerala 2021 will be released after the successful completion of the exam. Candidates can check if their answers are correct and calculate their score form the provided Answer Key. It will also be uploaded in this section once the official authorities release it.
KMAT Kerala 2021 Counseling
The counselling process for the selection of the college starts after the results are announced. Candidates are required to apply for the colleges individually. There will not be any combined counselling procedures. Depending on the merit list the candidates are called for counselling along with there documents for the verification process.
- Beginning: The KMAT Kerala 2021 Counselling procedure will begin after the declaration of result.
- Cut-off: Cut-off marks already declared by Kerala University of Fisheries and Ocean Studies (KUFOS) i.e. for General category 108, for SEBC 72 and ST/SC 54.
- Merit list of Candidates: The counselling process will be completely based on its merit list. The validity of the candidate will be made based on marks acquired in the examination.
- Rounds: Based on ranks secured in KMAT Kerala 2021, candidates are called for further selection rounds namely GD (Group Discussion) and PI (Personal Interview) rounds.
- Ratio: As per ASC guidelines, the weight has given to Entrance Examination, Group Discussion and Interview is 80:10:10 respectively.
Colleges Accepting KMAT Kerala 2021 Score
The list of top colleges accepting KMAT Kerala is provided below.
- Kannur University
- Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT).
- Kerala Agricultural University
- KUFOS (Kerala University Of Fisheries and Ocean Studies)
- Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University
Some important instructions regarding the KMAT Kerala 2021 are mentioned below:
- Candidate needs to be present at the exam centre 30 minutes before the commencement of the KMAT Kerala examination.
- The entry of a student would be prohibited in the centre without the issued admit card in any circumstances.
- Electronic gadgets including mobile phones, calculators or suchlike are not allowed inside the test centre.
- The candidate is not allowed to open the exam booklet unless instructed.
- Candidates will be given an extra 10 minutes to read the test booklet thoroughly to avoid confusion regarding anything.
- Personal belongings like baggage are not allowed inside the centre. The centre would not be responsible for any sort of stealing or losing the belongings.
- Accurate details must be filled in the answer sheet by the applicant or else there is a possibility that the result will not be evaluated.
- Answers should be marked correctly as per the applicant’s ability and knowledge by darkening the option in the OMR sheet.
- The candidate is not allowed to leave the centre before the exam timings as it will lead to the cancellation of the exam.
- The candidate who is found guilty of any unfair means will be responsible for the disqualification of his/her candidature.
KMAT Kerala 2021 Contact Details
In case of any discrepancies arising at any stage of the exam contact the conducting authorities.
T.C. 15/ 1553-4, Prasanthi Buildings,
MP Apan Road, Vazhuthacaud,
Phone/ Fax: 0471-2335133, 8547255133
Help-desk Contact Numbers: 0471-2335133, 8547255133
All correspondence related to online KMAT Kerala registration process may also be made by email to [email protected]
Can I fill the KMAT Kerala application form offline?
No. The KMAT Kerala application form is only available to be filled in the online mode.
How to make KMAT Kerala Application Fee payment?
The application fee for KMAT Kerala can only be done in the online mode. Candidates can do it through credit/debit card or net banking. Make sure to save the SB collect reference number after the fee payment. It is required for logging to the next step in the process of application form filling.
Can I select more than one exam for KMAT Kerala?
No. A candidate can select for only one exam in KMAT Kerala.
Can I edit my KMAT Kerala examination center?
No. Once you have submitted your preferences you cannot change the examination centers.
Can a candidate from outside of Kerala apply for KMAT Kerala?
No. There is no provision for candidates from outside of Kerala Domicile to apply for the exam.
Will the admit card for the KMAT Kerala exam be sent through the post?
No. The admit card will not be sent through the post, and the candidates have to download it from the official website.
What is the procedure to claim SC/ST reservation in KMAT Kerala?
The candidates belonging to the SC/ST categories need to submit their caste certificate or community certificate at the time of the admission process.
What is the exam pattern for the KMAT Kerala 2020?
The exam consists of 180 objective questions that are needed to be answered within the time frame of 2 hours 30 minutes. Each correct answer is awarded +4 marks and each wrong answer costs you -1 mark. The total score for the exam is 720 marks.
How to check KMAT Kerala Result?
Go to the official portal of the KMAT Kerala, where on the homepage there will be an option \'Get Score Card\'. After selecting it, enter the necessary details such as the application number and date of birth to get the result. The result can be downloaded and printed.
How will I know whether my application form for the KMAT Kerala is submitted successfully?
After the successful submission of the application form, the candidates will be presented with the summary sheet along with the payment details.
LIVE APPLICATION FORMS
Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management, [LBSIM] New Delhi
Xavier Institute of Social Service, [XISS] Ranchi
MBA (Total Fees) Rs. 760000
Siva Sivani Institute of Management, [SSIM] Secunderabad
PGDM (Total Fees) Rs. 6,50,000
Prestige Institute of Management Dewas, [PIMD] Dewas