The KMAT Kerala 2021 admit card will release on June 6, 2021. Click here to view the admit card section.
The KMAT 2021 registration process will open on April 30, 2021. Interested candidates have until May 20, 2021 to submit their application forms. The rest of the exam-related dates mentioned here are tentative and will be updated as per conducting authority.
KMAT Kerala brings you an opportunity to get admission into MBA and PGDM courses from some of the top institutes of Kerala. This exam is held twice a year, KMAT Kerala is the state level exam for admission into various management courses specifically in the state of Kerala. Want to know more about this exam? Read this complete article to get a fair idea about the preparation, exam pattern, and more.
- What is KMAT Kerala?
- KMAT Kerala Exam Dates
- KMAT Kerala Eligibility Criteria
- KMAT Kerala Application Form
- KMAT Kerala Admit Card Out Now!
- How to prepare for KMAT Kerala?
- KMAT Kerala Reference Books
- KMAT Kerala Exam Pattern
- KMAT Kerala Syllabus
- KMAT Kerala Exam Centres
- KMAT Kerala Results
- KMAT Kerala Answer Sheet
- KMAT Kerala Counselling
- Colleges Accepting KMAT Kerala Score
- Important Instructions
- KMAT Kerala Contact Details
- Related Exams
What is KMAT Kerala?
KMAT Kerala or Kerala Mat is elaborated as the "Kerala Management Aptitude Test" conducted by the Kerala University of Fisheries and Ocean Studies (KUFOS) under the supervision of the Admission Supervisory Committee (ASC). KMAT Kerala is a state level entrance exam held twice in a year. KMAT Kerala 2020 will offer candidates different courses of MBA in many Management Colleges of Kerala state. Candidate can refer to this article to get all the information regarding KMAT Kerala 2020.
About: The full form of KMAT Kerala is Kerala Management Aptitude Test. Kerala Management Aptitude Test is a selection test held for the candidates looking for admission to different B-schools in Kerala. The KMAT Kerala exam is a portal for admissions to different business schools over Kerala.
Directing Authority: The Kerala University of Fisheries and Ocean Studies (KUFOS) leads the KMAT Kerala 2020, administered by the Admission Supervisory Committee.
Participating Colleges: Candidate can take admission into many colleges for Management Courses by attending KMAT Kerala 2020. Some of the best universities under this examination are Kannur University (KU), Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT), Kerala Agriculture University (KAU), Kerala University of Fisheries Ocean Studies(KUFOC) and Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University, Thiruvananthapuram.
Statement: The KMAT Kerala examination empowers candidates to look for confirmation for a Master of Business Administration(MBA) program and Post Graduation Diploma in Management. All applicants who fulfil the qualification criteria can apply for the online examination.
Exam Pattern: The questions asked in the KMAT Kerala exam are intended to check the applicant's quantitative and consistent thinking aptitudes alongside their verbal and general capacity.
Weight: The weight for the whole procedure is in the ratio of 80:10:10 for the KMAT Kerala exam respectively for composed test, Group discussion, and Personal Interview.
Recurrence: The KMAT Kerala examination held twice a year.
KMAT Kerala Highlights
|Exam Name||Kerala Management Aptitude Test|
|Directing Authority||Kerala University of Fisheries and Ocean Studies (KUFOS)|
|Exam Level||State Level|
|Exam Date||June 21, 2021 (Tentative)|
|Recurrence||Two times per year|
|Method of Exam||Pen and Paper Test|
|Test Duration||150 Minutes|
|Kind of Questions||Multiple-Choice Questions|
|Checking Scheme||(+) 4 marks awarded for each right answer and (-) 1 mark deducted for each wrong answer|
|Method of Application||Online Only|
KMAT Kerala Exam Dates
Candidates can get updated information regarding KMAT Kerala 2021 Important Date on our website. Candidates have to keep a tab on the KMAT Kerala important dates so that they don’t miss out on any events which are related to the exam. The KMAT 2021 will be held in more than 10 cities across Kerala; Thiruvananthapuram, Kollam, Ernakulam, Alappuzha, Pathanamthitta, Wayanad, Kannur, Palakkad, Kasargod, Malappuram, Kozhikode, Kottayam are the cities to name a few. Students can choose their nearest centers according to their convenience.
The following dates mentioned below are for the December session of the KMAT Kerala exam. The notification for the December session was given on August 14, 2019.
- Application Form: The KMAT Kerala Important Dates start with the Application Form which will be available from April 30, 2021 to May 20, 2021 from 4 pm for the respective day.
- Admit Card: The KMAT Kerala Admit Card will be available on June 6, 2021.
- KMAT Kerala 2021 Exam Date: The candidate who wants to take MBA admission in Kerala has to take part in the KMAT Kerala examination which will be held on June 21, 2021.
- Result Date: After the successful completion of the exam the candidate can get the results on the official website. The candidate has to download the KMAT Kerala 2021 Result and take a print of the result. At the time of counselling and Admission, the scorecard is essential at the time of counselling.
- Counselling Date: The admission process for the MBA in Kerala will happen based on the counselling process which will be conducted after the KMAT Kerala 2021 Result.
The exam dates are listed in the following table
|Online Application Form Start Date||April 30, 2021|
|Last Date of Application Form Submission||May 20, 2021|
|KMAT Kerala Admit Card Date||June 6, 2021|
|KMAT Kerala Exam Date||June 21, 2021|
|KMAT Kerala Result Date||To be announced|
KMAT Kerala Eligibility Criteria
For any exam, there are certain eligibility criteria for the candidates which they have to meet to get eligibility to write the exam. These criteria change from exam to exams. The eligibility criteria are set by Kerala University of Fisheries and Ocean Studies (KUFOS), based on different courses.
The eligibility criteria that are mentioned by the conducting authority, for taking the exam are as follows:
- Citizenship: The candidate should be a citizen of India and should be a native of Kerala to qualify for the first category KMAT Kerala Eligibility. To know more about the Eligibility Criteria KMAT Kerala Eligibility section.
- Capability: The candidate should pass a graduation degree from the Kerala state or some other perceived college and need to secure minimum 50% marks in the qualifying exam to be qualified for the KMAT Kerala examination. For the reserved category namely the ST, SC, the candidate has to secure 40% marks in the qualifying exam to eligible for KMAT Kerala 2021.
- Bachelor's: Candidates must have finished their Bachelor's Degree from any recognized university, college, or institution of least 3 years span to qualify for the examination. Candidate, who is pursuing the last semester of a bachelor's degree can also apply for the KMAT Kerala 2021. Candidates who have appeared for CMAT or CAT are also eligible to apply for KMAT 2021.
- Age Limit: There are no certain age limitations to qualify for the examination.
- Final Year Students: Candidates who are appearing up for the last year of the qualifying examination are eligible to apply, they should submit their final result of the bachelor's degree before the last day of the admission.
KMAT Kerala Application Form
The Application was available on the official website of KMAT from April 30, 2021 and the last date to submit the KMAT Kerala 2020 application form will be on May 20, 2021. The application form has to be filled within May 20, 2021 with all of the required documents.
Note: Check the application form after filling as once applied to form the details given cannot be changed and the candidate may not be even allowed to write the exam.
Candidates need to register for the KMAT Kerala exam only through the online mode. If you are registering for the exam make sure to apply before the end of the deadline.
- Points of interest: Keeping in mind the end goal to finish the application procedure effectively the candidate must enter an individual's interest, contact details, qualification details, exam center, and so forth.
- Online Form: The KMAT Kerala Form will be available only on the official website from April 30, 2021 to May 20, 2021.
- Payment of Application Fee: The candidates can pay the KMAT Kerala 2021 Application fee online using Net Banking/ Credit Card/ Debit Card. The application fees can only be paid through online mode.
- Information on Application Form: The details that have to be filled in the form are Name, Gender, Age, Address, Category, Academic Details, Mobile Number, Email Id, Photograph, Signature, Aadhar Number, Exam Centre.
- Uploading of Documents: The documents and their prescribed formats that are needed to be uploaded are given in the table below
|Documents||File Size||File Dimensions||File Format|
|Passport Size Photograph||40kb||150x200||JPG|
KMAT Kerala Admit Card
After the application form is filled, the candidates have to wait till June 6, 2021 to get there admit card. Admit card will be available online on the official website. Check the admit card for any errors, if any errors are present or your admit card is not available then contact the university.
The KMAT Kerala admit card is a very important document that is to be carried to the examination hall without fail. Failing to do so, the candidates will not be allowed to write the exam.
- Admit Card: Candidates who successfully register themselves can download KMAT Kerala Admit Card on June 6, 2021
- Identity Proof: With a specific end goal to get the Admit card, the candidates must enter enrollment numbers and passwords. Admit card contains important elements, for example, Registration Number, exam centre, Examination Date and Time, applicants photograph and so on.
- Documents Required: It is required to convey the KMAT Kerala Admit card alongside Identity Card, the applicant won't be permitted to enter the examination Hall if he/she fails to bring.
- Details present on the Admit Card: The various particulars that are present on the KMAT Kerala Admit card are as follows:
- Name of the candidate
- Photograph of the candidate
- Address of the test centre
- Date of the Test
- Admit Card number
How to Prepare for KMAT Kerala?
Preparation for a KMAT Kerala exam or any entrance exam for that matter requires you to have mainly three things. Those things are determination, patience, and perseverance. You need a strong determination to crack the exam at any cost. You need the enormous patience to go through every step needed to achieve your goal. Finally, you need the perseverance to not be disappointed even when faced with difficulties along the way. So make sure you have these three things before you start your preparation.
Create a Custom Schedule
The first thing you need to do before you start your real exam preparation is that you need to prepare a proper preparation schedule. A proper preparation schedule consists of equal time distribution for all of the topics involved, time for practising sample questions papers, time in the end for multiple revisions and last but not least is the inclusion of breaks in the middle of the preparation sessions. Make sure that you stick to that schedule throughout the preparation.
Intense Practice Sessions
Most of the topics are in the KMAT Kerala Exam are practice intense. So, you need to collect as many KMAT Kerala related material as possible. This includes the practice papers, mock tests, previous year papers, and other workbooks. Intense practices make you familiarize with the structure and type of questions in these sections. Also, it increases your speed in answering the questions with accuracy.
There are four sections in the KMAT Kerala Exam. Each of these sections needs different approaching methods.
- Quantitative Aptitude: The most important aspect of this section is effectively using the calculator to answer the questions. The easy alternative to this is using various tips and tricks to answer the questions. To learn and retain as many as you can.
- Data Sufficiency and Logical Reasoning Section: This section demands speed and accuracy from you. So you need to develop those two things with intense practice sessions on this section from the sample and practice papers. Time management is the key to scoring in this section.
- Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension: This section requires you to brush up on the basics of English like grammar and stuff. Reading more also helps with answering in this section.
- General Knowledge and Contemporary Business Scenario: There is no alternative for this section except that you need to read newspapers and magazines regularly. This will develop your knowledge about what's happening around you.
KMAT Kerala Reference Books
There is no particular book for the KMAT Kerala by ASC, but few suggested KMAT Kerala Reference Books for the examination are
- P Sinha for Quantitative Ability
- Pearson Guide to Quantitative Aptitude and Data Interpretation for CAT by Nishit Sinha, Publisher- Pearson
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examination Tips, Techniques, and Short-cut Methods by Abhijit Guha
- Pearson Guide to Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning for CAT by Nishit Sinha, Publisher- Pearson
- How to Prepare for Data Interpretation for the CAT by Arun Sharma, Publisher- Tata Mcgraw Hill
KMAT Kerala Exam Pattern
KMAT Kerala 2020 is conducted twice a year to select students for MBA and PGDM courses in colleges throughout Kerala. This exam is conducted to check the ability of the students. Based on the exam a merit list is prepared according to the scores of the candidates. The KMAT Kerala exam pattern is as follows:
- Time Limitations: The aggregate time accessible for the candidate to complete the exam is 150 Minutes or Two and a half hours.
- Mode: KMAT Kerala 2021 Examination is an offline mode Pen-Paper based exam comprising 180 Multiple-Choice Questions or MCQs. Each right answer to the question brings (+) 4 marks. There is negative marking and so each wrong answer gets (-) 1 mark.
- Pattern: The KMAT Kerala Exam Pattern has 4 sections, having MCQs that are to be completed in 2 hours 30 minutes or 150 minutes.
- Sectional Timing: There is no sectional time limit to complete the paper.
|Section Name||No. of Questions|
|English Language and Reading Comprehension||50|
|Data Sufficiency & Logical Reasoning||40|
|General Knowledge & Contemporary Business Scenario||40|
KMAT Kerala Syllabus
The syllabus is for KMAT Kerala is outlined on its official website. It is pretty much similar to other ongoing examinations. The syllabus is set as per the requirement to analyze the performance of the students. The candidates have to prepare for the exam as the syllabus is set.
- Points: The authority will bound The syllabus of KMAT Kerala around subjects like Analytical Reasoning, Reading Comprehension, and Logical Reasoning. Candidates likewise shall prepare General Knowledge question.
- Syllabus: The KMAT Kerala Syllabus is segregated into four sections. However, the syllabus of this test is similar to that of MBA entrance exams like CAT or MAT.
|English Language and Reading Comprehension||English Grammar, Vocabulary and Language Usage, Comprehension Passage, etc.|
|Quantitative Aptitude||Arithmetic, Algebra, Mensuration, Calculus, Geometry, etc.|
|Data Sufficiency and Logical Reasoning||It contains Graphs, Pie Charts, Charts, etc, to analyze and interpret data from.|
|General Knowledge and Contemporary Business Scenario||Latest Current Affairs and Trending Topics of the year.|
KMAT Kerala Exam Centres
The exam centres for KMAT Kerala are released by the conducting authority of the exam. There are a total of 14 cities of Kerala in which the exam is being conducted. They are listed in the table below.
Know more about KMAT Kerala Exam Centres.
KMAT Kerala Results
The KMAT Kerala Score Cards will be made available soon after the declaration of the result. The results for KMAT Kerala are announced on the official website. The user has to login using his application number, etc to get the result. After which the candidates can go on get the printout of the scorecard.
- Statement: KMAT Kerala Results will be announced on the official website.
- Official Website: The candidates who show up for the KMAT Kerala exam will have the facility to check their results from the KMAT Kerala official site.
- PDF Format: Results will be released in PDF format, carrying the candidate’s overall rank and section-wise marks.
- Points of interest: The scorecard of every candidate will contain the candidate's name, the application number, sectional marks, total marks and the general rank of the applicant.
- Cutoff: The ASC of Kerala sets up the minimum required marks to qualify for admission into any institutes or colleges through KMAT Kerala. The category-wise cutoffs are listed in the table below.
|Category||Qualifying Cut Off|
KMAT Kerala Answer Key
The answer key for KMAT Kerala 2021 has been released. Check your responses against this answer sheet and compare your KMAT Kerala 2021 scores.
KMAT Kerala Counseling
The counselling process for the selection of the college starts after the results are announced. Candidates are required to apply for the colleges individually. There will not be any combined counselling procedures. Depending on the merit bases the candidates are called for counselling along with there documents for the verification process.
- Beginning: The KMAT Kerala Counselling procedure will begin after the declaration of result.
- Cut-off: Cut-off marks already declared by Kerala University of Fisheries and Ocean Studies (KUFOS) i.e. for General category 108, for SEBC 72 and ST/SC 54.
- Merit list of Candidates: The counselling process will be completely based on its merit list. The validity of the candidate will be made based on marks acquired in the examination.
- Rounds: Based on ranks secured in KMAT Kerala 2020, candidates are called for further selection rounds namely GD (Group Discussion) and PI (Personal Interview) rounds.
- Ratio: As per ASC guidelines, the weight has given to Entrance Examination, Group Discussion and Interview is 80:10:10 respectively.
Colleges Accepting KMAT Kerala Score
The list of top colleges accepting KMAT Kerala is provided below.
- Kannur University
- Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT).
- Kerala Agricultural University
- KUFOS (Kerala University Of Fisheries and Ocean Studies)
- Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University
Some important instructions regarding the KMAT Kerala 2020 are mentioned below:
- Candidate needs to be present at the exam centre 30 minutes before the commencement of the KMAT Kerala examination.
- The entry of a student would be prohibited in the centre without the issued admit card in any circumstances.
- Electronic gadgets including mobile phones, calculators or suchlike are not allowed inside the test centre.
- The candidate is not allowed to open the exam booklet unless instructed.
- Candidates will be given an extra 10 minutes to read the test booklet thoroughly to avoid confusion regarding anything.
- Personal belongings like baggage are not allowed inside the centre. The centre would not be responsible for any sort of stealing or losing the belongings.
- Accurate details must be filled in the answer sheet by the applicant or else there is a possibility that the result will not be evaluated.
- Answers should be marked correctly as per the applicant’s ability and knowledge by darkening the option in the OMR sheet.
- The candidate is not allowed to leave the centre before the exam timings as it will lead to the cancellation of the exam.
- The candidate who is found guilty of any unfair means will be responsible for the disqualification of his/her candidature.
KMAT Kerala Contact Details
In case of any discrepancies arising at any stage of the exam contact the conducting authorities.
T.C. 15/ 1553-4, Prasanthi Buildings,
MP Apan Road, Vazhuthacaud,
Phone/ Fax: 0471-2335133, 8547255133
Help-desk Contact Numbers: 0471-2335133, 8547255133
All correspondence related to online KMAT Kerala registration process may also be made by email to [email protected]