The JEST 2021 Exam is carried out for the candidates who look forward to getting admissions to M.Sc, Ph.D., and Integrated/M.Sc/M.Tech. - PhD courses in various institutions under the exam. There is a minimum JEST Eligibility Criteria that the candidates must have before appearing for the exam. They must make sure to clear the minimum JEST Eligibility. They must provide valid document proofs and failing to do so will result in the applicants being deemed ineligible and their applications will not be considered valid.
The JEST Eligibility Criteria have to be kept track of the official websites related to the institutes as well. The JEST Eligibility Criteria for admission to M.Sc, Ph.D., and Integrated/M.Sc/M.Tech are given in this article. The JEST Entrance Exam Eligibility is also based on the educational qualifications (academic), age, nationality and number of attempts.
JEST 2021 Academic Qualifications Eligibility Criteria
The JEST Eligibility Criteria on the basis of academic qualifications are given below for reference. Candidates should clear the minimum requirement on the basis of their desired course. The candidates can make a note of the JEST Eligibility as per the different programs offered under the exam.
PhD. Programme Physics
- M.Sc in physics (all participating institutes).
Additionally, a few other institutes accept B.E/B.Tech/M.Sc/M.E/M.Tech. in the disciplines of applied physics and mathematics as a part fo the JEST Eligibility Criteria.
- M.Sc in Mathematics/Applied Physics/Applied Mathematics/Optics and Photonics/Instrumentation/Electronics will also be considered at IIA.
- B.E or B.Tech will be considered at IISc, IMSc, ICTS-TIFR, IUCAA, JNCASR, NCRA-TIFR, TIFR-TCIS, RRI, IISER Mohali, IISER Pune, IISER Thiruvananthapuram.
- M.Sc in Physics/Electronics/Astronomy/Applied Mathematics will be considered at IUCAA as per JEST Eligibility Criteria.
- M.Sc in Physics, Engineering Physics or Applied Physics will also be considered at IPR.
- M.Sc in Physics, Chemistry, Applied Mathematics, Biophysics or Biochemistry will be considered at SNBNCBS.
- B.Tech. Eng. Phys. will be considered at TIFR as per their JEST Eligibility Criteria.
- M.E/M.Tech. in Applied Physics will be considered at NISER.
Theoretical Computer Science at IMSc
- The candidates can qualify the JEST Eligibility by having M.Sc/M.E/M.Tech degree in Computer Science and related disciplines.
- The candidates are also expected to be interested in the Mathematical aspects of computer science.
PhD in Neuroscience at NBRC
- M.Sc (Physics/Mathematics), B.E/B.Tech/M.C.A. in Computer Science as per JEST Eligibility Criteria.
PhD in Computational Biology at IMSc
- M.Sc/M.E/M.Tech/M.C.a. in any engineering or science discipline, with good mathematical skills and a strong interest in biological problems.
Integrated M.Sc/M.Tech - PhD. Programme for Physics
- B.Sc (Physics/Mathematics) will be considered at SNBNCBS as per JEST Eligibility Criteria.
- B.Sc (Physics) will be considered at IMSc.
- B.Sc (Physics/Mathematics) /B.E/B.Tech in Electrical /Instrumentation / Engineering Physics / Electronics and Communications / Computer Science and Engineering / Optics ad Photonics will be considered in IIA as per JEST Eligibility Criteria.
- B.Sc (Physics) or B.E/B.Tech. in Engineering Physics, with a minimum of first-class marks, will be considered at NISER.
- B.Sc (Physics) will be considered at IISER-Pue, ICTS-TIFR, NCRA-TIFR, and TIFR-TCIS as per JEST Eligibility Criteria.
- B.Sc (Physics/Mathematics) /B.E/B.Tech will be considered for Integrated M.Sc-Ph.D. in Bose Institute.
Integrated PhD. Programme in Theoretical Computer Science at IMSc
- B.Sc/B.E/B.Tech/M.C.A. in Computer Science or related disciplines and should be interested in the mathematical aspects of computer science.
Integrated M.Tech - PhD. Programme at IIA
- M.Sc (Physics/Applied Physics) / Post-B.Sc (Hons) in Optics and Optoelectronics /Radio Physics and Electronics is required to fulfil the JEST Eligibility Criteria.
Integrated PhD. Programme at IISER. Thiruvananthapuram
- B.Sc (Physics) or B.E/B.Tech in any discipline is required to fulfil the JEST Eligibility Criteria.
M.Sc Programme at HRI
- B.Sc (Physics) or B.E/B.Tech degree in any disciple.
- HRI has started a new M.Sc programme in Physics from 2017. The Integrated PhD programme in Physics at HRI is discontinued from 2017.
Other JEST Eligibility Criteria 2021
The JEST Eligibility Criteria in terms of other aspects such as the age limitations of the candidates, their nationality and the total number of times they can attempt the exam. Candidates should go through each of the eligibility requirements carefully.
JEST Age Limitation and Nationality Criteria
Candidates should be aware that there are no age-related restrictions with respect to the JEST Eligibility 2021. Candidates of any age group can appear with other eligibility criteria being fulfilled. However, candidates should check with the individual institutions for any JEST Age Limit Criteria within the institutions.
Candidates need to be an Indian citizen to take up the JEST Exam.
Number of Attempts
It is important to know that the candidates need not worry about the number of attempts with respect to the JEST Eligibility. There are no restrictions on the same, and candidates can appear for the exam multiple times.
JEST Application Form 2021
The candidates should make sure to clear the JEST Eligibility Criteria and apply for the exam. The application form will be available from January 11, 2021 and the last date for submitting the application form would be February 19, 2021. Candidates can check out the JEST Application Form 2021 for further details about how to download and fill in the same.