Eligibility for an exam means the validation to participate in an examination. It includes different criteria right from the age of the candidate to its academic performance, stream, university/board and more. It is mandatory for the candidates to check and verify if they clear the eligibility criteria prior to applying for the NEST 2021 Exam. Candidates failing to do so will be deemed ineligible for the same and the application form will be considered to be invalid. In this section, we will discuss eligibility for the NEST exam. Candidates are advised to go thoroughly.
NEST is a national level exam carried out by the National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER) and University of Mumbai - Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences (UM-DAE CEBS) for admission to five years integrated MSc programme. Dates of NEST Exam 2021 are yet to be announced. The application process will begin from Feb 24, 2021 onwards and the last date to fill up the application form is Jul 15, 2021. Before applying for the exam, candidates should check the eligibility criteria required to attend the exam.
NEST Exam Eligibility Details
NEST exam eligibility mainly consists of 4 important criteria that every candidate must satisfy in order to enrol themselves on to them on to the exam. The eligibility criteria, in brief, are listed below:
- General and OBC category candidates should be born on or after August 1, 2002. Age limit is relaxed by 5 years for SC/ST/Divyangjan candidates.
- Candidates should have passed 10+2 in either 2020 or 2021. Candidates appearing for 10+2 in 2021 are also eligible to appear for the exam.
- General and OBC category students should have a minimum aggregate of 60% marks in 10+2 from any recognized board in India.
- SC/ST/Divyangjan category students should secure a minimum of 55% marks in 10+2 from any recognized board in India.
- Candidates should secure a position in the NEST merit list.
Number of Seats Available at NISER and CEBS for Session 2021-26
The candidates can take note of the probable seats which will be allotted in the two institutes. The reserved seats are also mentioned in the list and the candidates willing to avail such reservations will have to provide authentic documents for the same.
|General - EWS||0||06|
|OBC - NCL||54||15|
|Divyangjan||5% of seats in each category||5% Seats in each category|
Candidates can regularly visit this page for further updates and information regarding the NEST 2021 Eligibility Criteria.