The JEST 2021 Exam will be conducted as a National Level Entrance Exam offering admission for the shortlisted candidates into various institutions. The entrance exam offers courses of Ph.D. and Integrated Ph.D. in mainly Theoretical Computer Science, Physics, Computational Biology, etc. The cut off scores are the minimum required essential for the admission procedure involved in any exam. Candidates can get a clear idea about the JEST 2021 Cut Off scores and other events associated with it.
Candidates should be aware that the JEST 2021 Cut Off will be released after the declaration of the results. JEST Exam is conducted by the Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) every year. Candidates can go through this section completely for further information.
Factors Determining JEST 2021 Cut Off
The factors that are considered for the JEST 2021 Cut Off are listed below:
- Number of candidates applied for the JEST Exam
- Number of candidates appeared in the exam
- The difficulty level of the paper
- Number of candidates passed the exam
- Availability of seats
- Reservation criteria
- Previous year trends
JEST 2020 cut off
The JEST 2021 Cut Off has not yet been released. Candidates can check the JEST 2020 Cut Off for reference in the table given below:
|Subject||Number of candidates clearing JEST 2021 cut off||JEST 2021 cut off|
|PhD||705 out of 7263||32|
|M.Sc/ Integrated Ph.D||390 out of 6226||26|
Then JEST 2021 cut off is unique from the JEST 2019 cut off, 2018 cut off, and 2017 cut off. The cut off scores keep changing each year depending on various factors.
JEST Result 2021
The JEST Result is expected to be released on April 19, 2021, after the successful conduction of the exam. The results will be declared online, on the official website of the exam, and the candidates can view and download the scorecard by logging into their accounts using their login credentials. The JEST 2021 Cut Off will also be released, along with the results. The JEST Results and the scorecard will be valid only for one academic year.
JEST Counselling Process/Admission 2021
The JEST Admission Process will take place on the basis of the cut off. Candidates will be asked to report to their allotted institutions, according to the institutions' JEST 2021 Cut Off Scores. There is no centralized process for the admission, and hence the individual institution will be taking care of the admission process.
Candidates will be asked to submit their original documents for verification on that particular day of the admission.
JEST Interview Session
The shortlisted candidates will be called for the interview session, which will be conducted according to the JEST 2021 Cut Off scores. The candidates will be contacted and the details for the interview process will be provided to the shortlisted candidates, based on their JEST 2021 Cut Off fulfilment. The Interview will be based on certain topics as elaborated below.
- Candidates will be asked about the basics and fundamentals of physics subject.
- They should go through physics subject books and important topics in the subject.
- Concepts and topics of mechanics can be gone through for preparation.
- All the questions will be based on the technological bachelor's subjects and masters level of science
JEST 2021 Participating Institutes
The participation institutions on the basis of the JEST 2021 Cut Off scores are given below for reference.
- Jawaharlal Nehru Center for Advanced Scientific Research, Bangalore
- National Brain Research Center (NBRC), Gurgaon
- Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences, Nainital
- Raja Ramanna Centre for Advanced Technology
- Institute of Mathematical Sciences (IMSc), Chennai
- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Kolkata
- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Bhopal
- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Pune
- Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research, Kalpakkam
- Satyendra Nath Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences, Kolkata
- Harish Chandra Research Institute, Allahabad