Gujrat PGCET stands for Gujarat Post Graduate Common Entrance Test, which is conducted by the Admission Committee for Professional Courses (ACPC) for candidates seeking admission into various professional courses in M.Tech/M.E to various institutes/universities in the top M.Tech/M.E. colleges in Gujarat. The candidates aspiring to pursue courses for further studies in the field of engineering and technological sciences can appear for the PGCET Gujarat 2021 exam. The candidates can visit the official website to register for the PGCET Gujarat 2021 examination.
In this section, we have included all the information related to PGCET Gujarat 2021.
- Jul 20, 2021: The application form for Gujarat PGCET 2021 is released. Candidates who are interested to apply for the exam can do so on or before Jul 28, 2021.
- What is Gujarat PGCET?
- Gujarat PGCET 2021 Exam Date
- Gujarat PGCET 2021 Eligibility
- Gujarat PGCET 2021 Syllabus
- How to Prepare for Gujarat PGCET?
- Gujarat PGCET 2021 Exam Pattern
- Gujarat PGCET 2021 Registration
- Gujarat PGCET Application Form
- Gujarat PGCET 2021 Admit Card
- Gujarat PGCET 2021 Result
What is Gujarat PGCET?
Gujarat Post Graduate Common Entrance Test (Gujarat PGCET) is conducted by the Admission Committee for Professional Courses (ACPC) for ME/M. Tech seats in government, Grant-in-aid and self-financed institutes in the state of Gujarat. Highlights of the PGCET Gujarat 2021 exam are given below:
- Conducting Authority: Gujarat PGCET 2021 exam will be conducted by the Admission Committee for Professional Courses (ACPC).
- Courses: Gujarat PGCET 2021 will offer admission to various professional courses in M.Tech/M.E to various institutes/universities in Top M.Tech/M.E. colleges in Gujarat.
- Level: Gujarat PGCET 2021 is a State level Exam which is similar to the UPTET 2021 exam that is conducted in Uttar Pradesh. Those candidates who have completed their 10+2 in the state of Gujarat are eligible for PGCET exam.
- Frequency: Gujarat PGCET 2021 exam is conducted once in a year.
Admission Committee for Professional Courses (ACPC) conducts Gujarat PGCET Exam 2021 for admissions into the M.E. courses offered by participating institutes. All the important details regarding Gujarat PGCET Exam are mentioned below -
|Exam Name||Gujarat PGCET|
|Full Form||Gujarat Post Graduate Common entrance test|
|Exam level||State Level Examination|
|Conducting Body||Admission Committee for Professional Courses (ACPC)|
Gujarat PGCET 2021 Exam Dates
The Gujarat PGCET 2021 exam is scheduled to be conducted from Aug 7, 2021 the applications for which will be available on the official website on Jul 20, 2021. The applications will be live for one week after which the admit cards will be released about a day or two in advance from the day of examination. Make sure that you take a look at all important dates so that you don 't miss out on any important events regarding Gujarat 2021 PGCET Exam. All the Gujarat PGCET 2021 important dates are listed below in the given table:
|Important Events/ Schedules||Dates|
|Gujarat PGCET 2021 Application Form Start Date||Jul 20, 2021|
Gujarat PGCET 2021 Application Form Last Date
|Jul 28, 2021|
Gujarat PGCET 2021 Admit Card Availability
|Aug 2, 2021|
|Gujarat PGCET 2021 Exam Date||Aug 7, 2021 to Aug 8, 2021|
Gujarat PGCET 2021 Provisional Merit List Announcement
|Aug 18, 2021|
Gujarat PGCET 2021 Counselling Round I
|Aug 23, 2021 - Aug 25, 2021|
|Gujarat PGCET 2021 First Allotment List||Aug 28, 2021|
|Deposition of token Tuition Fees||Aug 28, 2021 - Aug 31, 2021|
Gujarat PGCET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The candidate 's application might be rejected at any time during the process of admission if the candidate is found to be ineligible for the examination. Before appearing for any exam, candidates need to be well versed with eligibility criteria scenario such that any important events related to eligibility criteria should not be missed out at any circumstances. Applicants must go through the Gujarat PG CET 2021 Eligibility Criteria before filling the application form. Eligibility criteria for candidates appearing for Gujarat PGCET 2021 are listed below.
- Domicile: Candidates must be a resident of Gujarat and should have completed his 10+2 in the state of Gujarat.
- Qualification: To qualify in exam, candidates must have passed the 12th class qualifying examination from the state of Gujarat only. Candidates must have cleared B. Tech/B.E. Degree course with a minimum score of 50% in aggregate for general category candidates and 40% for SC/ST/SEBC category candidates.
Note: GATE qualified candidates are eligible to fill the Gujarat PGCET 2021 application form online and they need not take the entrance test.
The eligibility criteria varies based on the discipline selected by the candidate. Click Here to view the discipline wise eligibility criteria for Gujarat PGCET 2021.
Gujarat PGCET 2021 Syllabus
The syllabus is the main section, which will give you the topics to study for the exam and apart from this proper understanding of syllabus section will help the candidates to prepare for the exam. Therefore, Candidates are highly advised to go through the Gujarat PGCET 2021 Syllabus thoroughly before preparing for the examination. Gujarat PGCET 2021 Syllabus differs for every programme.
For better preparation of examination make sure that you go through Gujarat PGCET 2021 syllabus details mentioned below in the given table.
|Name of the Subject||Subject Code|
|Electronics & Communication||EC|
|Instrumentation & Control Engineering||IC|
|Computer Engineering and CO Information Technology||CO|
|Networking, Communication NW & Web Technology||NW|
How to prepare for Gujarat PGCET 2021?
Preparation is an important method through which the candidate will be able to score good marks in the examination. To appear and crack this exam in the very first time, candidates have to follow some important preparation tricks and trips which are given below:
- Practise well for the Exam: Go through Previous Year question papers, sample test papers and take up mock tests which will help you get familiar with question paper pattern and syllabus of Gujarat PGCET Exam. Collect at least last 5 years question papers and try to solve them.
- Prepare a Time Table: Prepare a time table for yourself. This will help you become more organised while studying. Early morning is the best time to study. Make sure that you wake up early and prepare for this exam. However, studying during evening time can be also considered. The late-night study is not good.
- Time Management: Candidates who had written this exam previously often end up leaving some questions unanswered because they do not have enough time to finish the question paper. So make sure that you practise well for the exam and this would help you to learn how to manage time.
- Revision: Daily revise the points that you have studied. This will sharpen your memory, and on every weekend revise all major topics what you have studied throughout the week. Take breaks in between which would help you relax.
Gujarat PGCET 2021 Exam Pattern
The mode of Examination is Offline (pen and paper) mode. Time duration is about 90 minutes for 100 Objective MCQ 's. Candidates get one mark for every right answer and there is no negative marking. Highlights of Gujarat PGCET 2021 exam pattern is notified below:
|Examination Mode||Pen and Paper Based (Offline Mode)|
|Exam Duration||1 Hour 30 Minutes|
|Medium of Examination||English|
|Type of Questions||Objective MCQs - (Multiple Choice Questions)|
|Number of Questions||100 Questions|
|Marking Scheme||One mark for every right answer. There is no negative marking in Gujarat PGCET 2021|
Gujarat PGCET 2021 Registration
The application process is one of the primary parameters to apply for the exam. Candidates who are seeking admission to M.Tech courses have to submit their Gujarat PGCET 2021 Application Form. Generally, Application involves different specifications which candidates need to follow. Parameters of the Application process are listed below.
Gujarat PGCET 2021 Online Registration
After you finish purchasing Pin and User Id, you have to register in the exam online. Candidates have to provide all necessary personal details in Gujarat PGCET 2021 registration form. Candidates need to take a print out of submitted registration form, as it will be required at the verification centre. After registration, a unique registration id will be generated.
After successfully registering for Gujarat PGCET Exam 2021, applicants have to submit printout of filled application form along with self-attested copies of certificates that are required at the help centre.
Candidates must bring their original documents along with the photocopies for verification purposes.
Gujarat PGCET 2021 Application Form
Application form of Gujarat PGCET 2021 was released on Jul 20, 2021, by Admission Committee for Professional Courses (ACPC). Different specifications of filling up of Application Form are mentioned below:
Step 1: New candidate registartion
Step 2: Profile Creation for registered Candidate (after successful creation of User ID)
Step 3: Application for individual programs
Gujarat PGCET 2021 Admit Card
Candidates who have successfully submitted Gujarat PGCET 2021 Application Form can download Gujarat PGCET 2021 Admit Card from at the official website of ACPC. Candidates before downloading Admit Card need to fill the application form clearly because without filling application form neatly candidates will not be able to download admit card. Parameters involving Gujarat PGCET 2021 Admit Card section are specified as below:
- Credential: Candidates need to download Gujarat PGCET 2021 Admit Card, and for downloading, candidates are required to enter their Application Number and Password.
- Print Out: Applicants are required to take a print out of Admit Card which is a valid document from exam point of view.
Gujarat PGCET 2021 Exam Centres
Before the commencement of the exam, candidates need to look at the exam centre name mentioned on top of the Admit Card. There are most probably 62 institutes where the exam is conducted. Applicants need to have a close view of the exam centres before appearing for the exam. Applicants can have a look at the Gujarat PGCET 2021 Exam Centres mentioned in the below table:
Gujarat PGCET 2021 Results
Gujarat PGCET 2021 Results dates will be declared on Aug 18, 2021 at the official website. The conducting authority has not yet announced the release dates of the examination result. Gujarat PGCET 2021 Result date will be updated here soon once it is announced. Result section consists of different parameters which candidates need to follow. The stepwise procedure of downloading result is given below:
- Step 1: Candidates need to visit official website for downloading the result.
- Step 2: Applicants need to click on the link which has "Gujarat PGCET 2021 Results".
- Step 3: Candidates need to enter Application Number/ Roll Number and Password and after entering Application Number candidates need to click on the final "submit" button.
- Step 4: Result will appear on the screen with the marks of each section separately.
- Step 5: Candidates can download and take a print out of the report card.
Note: Candidates need to take a print out of the result/scorecard for future communications.
Gujarat PGCET 2021 Cut Off
Conducting body will release two separate Gujarat PGCET cutoff, one for candidates who have qualified GATE and another one for Gujarat PGCET qualified candidates. Two rounds of counselling will be conducted for allotting seats to candidates. ACPC will prepare merit list separately for GATE candidates, PGCET candidate and reserved category candidates.
Gujarat PGCET 2021 Cut-off depends on conditions mentioned below -
- Total number of candidates who have appeared and qualified in PGCET 2021.
- Total number of students appeared and qualified in GATE Exam.
- A total number of seats available for admission.
Gujarat PGCET 2021 Counselling
Counselling process of Gujarat PGCET 2021 will be conducted by the Admission Committee for Professional Courses. Candidates will be called to counselling process based on the merit list prepared by the admission committee. Parameters involved in Counselling process are specified below:
- Number of Rounds: Gujarat PGCET 2021 Counselling will be conducted in two rounds, and will be notified to candidates on the official website.
- Verification: Candidates are required to bring all relevant original documents along with recent passport size photos for document verification purpose.
- Counselling Fee: Admission fee of INR 10000/- must be paid through online or through PNB bank challan and after that candidates shall be called for document verification at help centres.
Gujarat PGCET 2021 Course Wise Specializations
Candidates can refer to the below table to know about Gujarat PGCET 2021 Course wise specializations:
|Networking, Communication and Web Technology (NW)|
|Biomedical Engineering (BM)|
|Electronics & Communication|
|Environmental Engineering (EC)|
|Computer Engineering & Information Technology (CO)|
|Civil Engineering (CE)|
|Textile Engineering (TE)|
|Mechatronics Engineering (MC)|
|Mechanical Engineering (ME)|
|Instrumentation & Controls (IC)|
|Electrical Engineering (EE)|
|Chemical Engineering (CH)|
Gujarat PGCET 2021 Reference Books
The syllabus for preparation of the Gujarat PGCET 2021 examination will be consistent with the B.Tech./B.E. final year level. All the important reference books required to prepare for Gujarat PGCET 2021 are mentioned in the table below -
|Electronics & Communication||
|Instrumentation & Control Engineering||
|Computer Engineering and Information Technology||
|Networking, Communication NW & Web Technology||
Gujarat PGCET Contact Details
Admission Committee for Professional Courses (ACPC)
Admission Building, Nr. Library,
L. D. College of Engg. Campus,
Ahmedabad 380015, India
From where and when application form for Gujarat PGCET can be acquired?
The application form can be obtained from the official website.
What is application form fee for Gujarat PGCET?
The application form fee will be INR 500. This can be paid in cash in the designated centre.
How can a candidate register for the exam?
Aspirants should visit the designated centre to purchase the user ID and 14 digit pin after paying the application form fee.
Is GATE compulsory for Gujarat PGCET?
No. It is not compulsory. Candidates with a valid GATE score must apply for exam but are exempted from writing exam.
Who is eligible to write the exam?
Candidates who passed 10+2 or equivalent in Gujarat are eligible to write the exam. Candidates with 50% aggregate (general category) in their Bachelor\'s degree are eligible to write the exam. There is a 5% relaxation for reserved category students.
What percent of reservation is provided for candidates from Gujarat?
95% of seats are reserved for candidates from Gujarat. 5% of the seats are for students from outside the state.
Who are all eligible to write Gujarat PGCET 2021 exam?
Applicants from India are eligible to write the exam. Candidates with a valid GATE score should apply for the exam but are exempted from writing the exam.
How does counselling process take place?
Counselling process of Gujarat PGCET happens through online. Aspirants will be trained with a mock counselling to familiarise with the process.
Who can participate in counselling process?
Applicants who have cleared Gujarat PGCET and the candidates with a valid GATE score can participate in the counselling.
How to know the details about exam centre allotted?
Admit card will provide all the necessary information regarding the exam centre. It will also contain other important details.
Who are all exempted from writing exam?
Candidates with the valid GATE score are exempted from writing the exam.