The centralized Admission Committee (CENTAC) is organized to conduct the exams for various graduation and post-graduation courses in engineering, medical, and pharmacy. The exam is conducted to provide admission to students in various government and private institutions in Puducherry. The admission process is merit-based, and eligibility criteria for colleges vary as per their requirements.
CENTAC offers admission to various courses and accordingly, the eligibility criteria for admission to all the courses will vary.
Candidates can check the entire CENTAC 2021 article for full information.
Latest Updates for CENTAC
- Oct 24, 2021: The round 2 allotment list for CENTAC Non-NEET UG B.Arch was released today. And the draft merit list for CENTAC Non-NEET UG B.Sc Agriculture-Vocational was also released today.
- Oct 12, 2021: The application for admissions to PG Medical Courses through CENTAC 2021 is open now. Candidates must apply before Oct 18, 2021.
- Aug 13, 2021: The application forms for Non-NEET UG candidates for CENTAC 2021 are being accepted now. The last date to submit the application form is Aug 31, 2021 (5:00 PM).
- What is CENTAC?
- CENTAC 2021 Important Dates
- CENTAC 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- CENTAC 2021 Exam Reservation Criteria
- CENTAC 2021 Application Form
- CENTAC 2021 Merit List
- CENTAC 2021 Cut off
- CENTAC 2021 Normalisation Procedure
- CENTAC 2021 Counselling
- CENTAC 2021 Participating Institutes
- CENTAC Helpdesk
What is CENTAC?
The full form of CENTAC is the Centralized Admission Committee. The committee was established to help qualified candidates get seats in various graduation courses in colleges under the Puducherry UT. The admission process will be conducted by the Puducherry Government Organization, i.e., CENTAC. There are 17 participating institutions currently under the CENTAC.
This is a state-level admission procedure for admission to various professional degree courses in colleges that fall within the Puducherry Union Territory. No Entrance Exam to be given for admission to UG courses. The aspirants will get admission based on their score in class 12 or equivalent.
|Conducting Body||Centralized Admission Committee (CENTAC), Puducherry|
|Admission Level||Undergraduate Level|
|CENTAC Participating Institutes 2021||17|
CENTAC 2021 Important Dates
The Centralised Admission Committee (CENTAC) will soon be announcing the CENTAC 2021 exam dates on its official website. The candidates are advised to check the brochure released by the authorities to know all the important dates related to the exams. Find below the table that can be referred for checking CENTAC 2021 exam dates.
|CENTAC 2021 Events||CENTAC 2021 Dates|
|Release of online application form||UG Non-NEET: Aug 13, 2021
PG: Oct 12, 2021
|Last date of submitting online application||UG Non-NEET: Aug 31, 2021 (5:00 PM)
PG: Oct 18, 2021
|Release of final merit list||To be announced|
|Counselling Commencement||To be announced|
|The first round of allotment||To be announced|
|The second round of allotment||To be announced|
|The last date for joining the second round||To be announced|
|Subsequent rounds of allotment||To be announced|
CENTAC 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility requirements for the admission process for CENTAC 2021 are set out below. To get admission in the various courses, the candidates must fulfill the CENTAC eligibility criteria 2021. It is advised to the candidate to go through the eligibility criteria carefully before proceeding with the application process. Different courses have different eligibility that needs to be checked by the candidates.
- The criteria for Nationality- The applicants must be of Indian Nationality
- Age Specifications- Candidates must be at least 17 Years (as of Oct 1, 2021) for the BAMS course. However, for B. Technology. Course, applicants must be 21 Years at most (as of Jul 1, 2021). Nevertheless, the candidates from the category Scheduled Castes will be given 3 Years of relaxation.
- Qualification Criteria :
|Course||Qualifying Exam||Subjects||Minimum Marks|
|B.Tech||10 + 2 or the equivalent of a Board or university recognized||Physics and Mathematics along with Biotechnology / Biology / Computer Science/Chemistry||Minimum 45% (40% for reserved category)|
|B.Pharm||10 + 2 or the equivalent of a Board or university recognized||Physics and Chemistry along with Biology/Mathematics/Biotechnology/Computer Science||Minimum 45% (40% for reserved category)|
|B.A.M.S||10 + 2 or the equivalent of a Board or university recognized||Physics/Chemistry/Biology, and English||UR - 50% marks
OBC / MBC / EBC / OPH - 45% 40% marks (SC / ST / OPH);
|BDS & MBBS||10 + 2 or the equivalent of a Board or university recognized||Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Bio-technology, Zoology, Botany and English||Minimum 50% marks (40% for reserved category)|
|B.Sc. (MLT)||10 + 2 or the equivalent of a Board or university recognized||Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English||Minimum 50% marks (40% for reserved category)|
|B.Sc. (Nursing)||10 + 2 or the equivalent of a Board or university recognized||Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English||Minimum 50% marks (40% for reserved category)|
- The number of attempts- B.D.S. & M.B.B.S., B.Sc. (MLT), B.Sc. (Nursing), B.Pharma do not have any limitations on the number of attempts. However, B.Tech has two attempts (3 attempts for S.C.), and B.A.M.S. has only one attempt.
CENTAC 2021 Exam Reservation Criteria
Applicants from the Union Territory of Puducherry will be allocated seats based on their score in class 12 (or equivalent) examination. The CENTAC 2021 admissions will be based on their JEE Main 2021 score for candidates from other States and Union territories. Find below the CENTAC 2021 reservation criteria.
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||11%|
|Backward Classes Muslims (BCM)||2%|
|Extreme Backward Classes (EBC)||2%|
|Most Backward Classes (MBC)||18%|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||16%|
|Backward Tribe (BT) & Schedule Tribe (ST)||0.5%|
|Children/Grand Children of Freedom (Fighter) (FF)||4%|
|Wards of Ex-Servicemen (EX)||1% (MBBS) & 3% (all other courses)|
|Candidates who are Meritorious in Sports (SP)||1%|
CENTAC 2021 Application Form
Before proceeding with the application process, it is advised that the candidates carefully read or go through the eligibility of the particular course they are seeking admission to. Once the candidate has gone through the eligibility criteria of their particular course, they should start the application process, of which detailed information is provided below.
- CENTAC 2021 Application form will be published on the official website.
- The application form will be posted in online mode.
- Candidates are required to fill out the form via the official website.
- Candidates are expected to register when filling out the application form.
Steps to fill CENTAC 2021 application form:
- Visit the official CENTAC 2021 website.
- Click the Program tab.
- Applicants would then need to have their correct contact number and email ID.
- Applicants must receive a Vial email or SMS login Id and password.
- Log in and start filling in details such as personal, academic, and qualification details.
- Candidates must upload the documents in the prescribed format after entering all the details.
- And, the photograph to be uploaded must have a permissible size between 20 KB to 25 KB. And, the allowed format is just JPG.
- Also, students seeking to fill out the Law Courses application form will request a separate Online Application Form.
- Finally, after the application form has been successfully submitted, candidates must take a printout of the application form submitted and send it by post/courier to the address below, along with the necessary documents.
Documents to be Submitted for Application Form
- Class 10 or equivalent Mark Sheet
- Class 12 or equivalent Mark Sheet
- Proof of Birth Date (SSLC Mark Sheet or Birth Certificate)
- Online Payment Copy
- Certificate of Nationality
- Certificate of Residence
- Permanent Integrated Certificate
- Special Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Community Certificate (if applicable)
- Nativity Certificate (if applicable)
- Sports Certificate (if applicable)
CENTAC 2021 Application Fee
Information about the application fee for CENTAC are given below:
|No.of Course||General Category Fee||SC/ST Category Fee|
|For 1 Course||INR 500||INR 250|
|For 2 Course||INR 750||INR 350|
|For 3 Course||INR 1000||INR 500|
|For BA LLB||INR 600||INR 300|
- Payment Mode: Candidates can only pay the application fee in offline mode by Cash / Demand Draft.
CENTAC 2021 Merit List
CENTAC shall prepare separate lists of qualifications for entry to the various courses. The lists of qualifications for chosen applicants will be released on the three universities web site. Candidates are required to follow the below steps to know their results. The CENTAC Merit List consists of the names of the candidates who have cleared the examination, i.e., shortlisted for admission. The merit list for CENTAC 2021 will be available on the official website after the announcement of the results.
Steps to Download the Merit List
- Candidates can test their merit status online at the CENTAC 2021 official website.
- Open the website and click the link that reads CENTAC 2021 results.
- Enter the registered registration number in the displayed window.
- Press submit, the result will be displayed
- The resulting window will show the cut-off marks and the call letter.
CENTAC 2021 Cut off
CENTAC 2021 threshold is the minimum score that an applicant requires to get to be eligible for admission to various undergraduate programs. The CENTAC cut-off 2021 will vary from institute to institute. The cut-off would also depend on the course and grade of the shortlisted students based on ranks CENTAC.
CENTAC 2021's cut-off isn't set and can differ from previous years. This depends on the different factors:
- Seats available during the course in which admission is sought.
- Patterns in the cut-offs of previous years Perform in the 10 + 2 exam.
Preparation of CENTAC Merit List 2021
The merit list for CENTAC 2021 will be prepared based on the following set of rules and guidelines:
- The candidates from Puducherry will be able to make it to the merit list based on their scores in Class 12 or equivalent final examinations.
- Candidates from other states/UTs will be selected to the merit list based on their performance in the JEE Mains examination.
- The merit list will be prepared separately based on the category and the field of engineering of the candidate.
Note: The CENTAC Merit List will decide a candidate's admission to the BTech/BE programs offered by participating colleges.
CENTAC 2021 Normalisation Procedure
The authorities use "normalisation procedure" to create a common base for equating the marks of the candidates obtained from various Boards of Examination. The marks of the candidates obtained from the various boards in the relevant subjects of the qualifying examinations will be equated with the marks of the candidates obtained by the State Board in the same subjects using the normalization procedure. Once the normalized marks of the eligible candidates are obtained, these will be merged into the final merit list.
CENTAC 2021 Counselling
Once the result is out, and the candidates who have secured seats on the merit list will be called for the counseling sessions. The candidates are advised to check their emails and SMS regularly as the details regarding the counseling dates and procedure will be sent through these mediums. Also, keep checking the official website for all the updates. The CENTAC Counselling 2021 Details are given below:
- Counseling will be conducted via online mode in which candidates can fill out as much as they can for their choice of colleges and courses.
- Applicants must attend counseling on the prescribed date and time on the day of counseling.
- Counseling dates will be sent via SMS, Email and will also be posted on the official website.
- CENTAC will issue the selection list for provisional admission.
- The candidates will access the letter of allotment from the website on the same day of publication.
- Candidates must bring all the original certificates together with one set of photocopies of all the documents.
Applicants will also be required to submit a fee for counseling in the form of a Request Draft of INR 750/-for General (INR 350 for SC / BT) drawn up in favor of The Convenor, CENTAC, and payable to Puducherry. Candidates will pay the fee in cash, too.
Documents required for the counseling process
- Certificate of Permanent Residence
- Class XII Mark Sheet
- Class X Marksheet (birth date proof)
- Copies attested to the Class XII mark sheet must be submitted
- Certificate of Category (if applicable)
- Qualifying the degree/mark sheet of the exam
- Call letter from CENTAC 2021
- Copy of the form of application
Upon completing the counseling process within one week, a list of the seat allocations will be released by the conducting authority. Applicants must download their provisional allocation letter from the website and report all the required documents to the designated center within a given time. If candidates fail to report at a given time, their seats will be canceled or given away.
CENTAC 2021 Participating Institutes
The students can find below the list of CENTAC participating Institutes 2021 and the number of seats available in these institutes, which provides admission into the various courses. The institutes will provide the admissions of the candidates based on marks or merit of CENTAC 2021.
|Government Colleges||Seat Intake||Other State Quota|
|Pondicherry Engineering College, Puducherry||382||46|
|Perunthalaivar Kamarajar Institute of Engg. and Tech., Karaikal||153||27|
Self Financing Colleges and Deemed Universities
|Self Financing And Deemed Universities||Seat Intake|
|Avvaiyar Collge of Engineering and Technology, Puducherry||120|
|Alpha College of Engineering and Technology||210|
|Achariya College of Engineering and Technology, Puducherry||240|
|Christ Collge of Engineering & Technology, Puducherry||360|
|Bharathiyar College of Engineering & Technology, Karaikal||210|
|Christ Institute of Technology, Puducherry||330|
|Prist University ( Off-Campus), Puducherry||150|
|Manakula Vinayagar Institute of Technology, Puducherry||330|
|RAAK College of Engineering & Technology, Puducherry||150|
|Rajiv Gandhi College of Engineering & Technology, Puducherry||300|
|RVS College of Engineering & Technology, Karaikal||120|
|Shri Krishna College of Engineering & Technology, Puducherry||150|
|Sri Ganesh College of Engineering & Technology, Puducherry||210|
|Sri Manakula Vinayagar Engineering College, Puducherry||600|
|Sri Venkateshwara College of Engineering & Technology, Puducherry||150|
Centralized Committee Admission (CENTAC)
The campus of Pondicherry Engineering College, Pondicherry-605014
Tel: (0413)2655281-2655287 (Ext. 342/343),
Email address: [email protected]