CENTAC 2023 counselling stray vacancy round schedule has been declared for non-NEET UG professional courses. Candidates can check CENTAC 2023 mop up round schedule released on the official website at centacpuducherry.in.
According to the CENTAC schedule, the window for new registration/payment concluded on Nov 5, 2023. The procedure of choice filling/choice locking will be available from Nov 1 to 5, 2023, with seat allotment processing taking place from Nov 6 to 7, 2023. CENTAC seat allotment results are expected to be released on Nov 7, 2023, with candidates required to report to their assigned college between Nov 8, 2023, and Nov 15, 2023.
According to a news release, this comes after the Union Health Ministry petitioned the Supreme Court to extend the deadline for admission to undergraduate courses and to hold a special stray vacancy round for the vacant MBBS/ BDS/ BSC Nursing seats of the All India Quota and State Quota.
The centralized Admission Committee (CENTAC) is organized to conduct the exams for various graduation and post-graduation courses in engineering, medical, and pharmacy. The exam provides admission to students in various government and private institutions in Puducherry. The admission process is merit-based, and eligibility criteria for colleges vary as per their requirements.
Table of Contents
- CENTAC 2023 Counselling
- CENTAC 2023 Important Dates
- About CENTAC
- CENTAC 2023 Eligibility Criteria
- CENTAC 2023 Application Form
- CENTAC 2023 Exam Reservation Criteria
- CENTAC 2023 Merit List
- CENTAC 2023 Cut off
- CENTAC 2023 Normalisation Procedure
- CENTAC 2023 Participating Institutes
- CENTAC Contact Details
CENTAC 2023 Counselling
The window for new registration/payment closed on Nov 5, 2023, according to the CENTAC schedule. The choice filling/choice locking procedure will be available from Nov 1 to 5, 2023, with seat allotment processing taking place from Nov 6 to 7, 2023. The results are expected on Nov 7, 2023, with applicants reporting to their designated college between Nov 8 and Nov 15, 2023.
CENTAC 2023 counselling round 3 seat allotment result was declared on Sep 19, 2023 for candidates registered under non-NEET UG professional courses. Candidates can check their seat allotment list using the login credentials, on the official website at centacpuducherry.in.
CENTAC 2023 counselling registration for non-NEET professional UG courses commenced on May 17, 2023. The last date to register for the same was Jun 6, 2023. In addition, CENTAC counselling 2023 seat allotment list for round 2 was declared on Aug 2, 2023. The online reporting and fee payment window will commence after the seat allotment list. The official dates for the same will be released soon.
The candidates are advised to check their emails and SMS regularly as the details regarding the counseling dates and procedure will be sent through these mediums. Also, keep checking the official website for all the updates. The CENTAC Counselling 2023 Details are given below:
- Counseling will be conducted via online mode in which candidates can fill out as much as they can for their choice of colleges and courses.
- Applicants must attend counseling on the prescribed date and time on the day of counseling.
- Counseling dates will be sent via SMS, Email and will also be posted on the official website.
- CENTAC will issue the selection list for provisional admission.
- The candidates will access the letter of allotment from the website on the same day of publication.
- Candidates must bring all the original certificates together with one set of photocopies of all the documents.
Applicants will also be required to submit a fee for counseling in the form of a Request Draft of INR 750/-for General (INR 350 for SC / BT) drawn up in favour of The Convenor, CENTAC, and payable to Puducherry. Candidates will pay the fee in cash, too.
Documents required for the counseling process
- Certificate of Permanent Residence
- Class XII Mark Sheet
- Class X Marksheet (birth date proof)
- Copies attested to the Class XII mark sheet must be submitted
- Certificate of Category (if applicable)
- Qualifying the degree/mark sheet of the exam
- Call letter from CENTAC 2023
- Copy of the form of application
Upon completing the counseling process within one week, a list of seat allocations will be released by the conducting authority. Applicants must download their provisional allocation letter from the website and report all the required documents to the designated centre within a given time. If candidates fail to report at a given time, their seats will be cancelled or given away.
CENTAC 2023 Important Dates
The Centralised Admission Committee (CENTAC) announced the CENTAC 2023 exam dates on its official website. The candidates are advised to check the brochure released by the authorities to know all the important dates related to the exams. Find below the table that can be referred for checking CENTAC 2023 exam dates.
|CENTAC 2023 Events||Dates|
|Release of Online Application Form||May 17, 2023|
|Last Date of Submitting Online Application||Jun 6, 2023|
|Release of Provisional Merit List||Jun 21, 2023|
|Release of Final Merit List||Jul 20, 2023|
|First Round of Seat Allotment||Jul 20, 2023|
|Second Round of Seat Allotment||Aug 2, 2023|
|Reporting Window After Round 2||Aug 2023|
|Third Round of Seat Allotment||Sep 19, 2023|
|Reporting Window After Round 3||Sep 2023|
|CENTAC Mop-Up Round Registration||Nov 1 - 5, 2023|
|CENTAC Seat Allotment Processing||
Nov 6 - 7, 2023
|CENTAC Seat Allotment Result||
Nov 7, 2023
|CENTAC Reporting to the Colleges||
Nov 8 - 15, 2023
CENTAC 2023 exam notification will be released soon on the official website by the conducting authorities. The full form of CENTAC is the Centralized Admission Committee. The committee was established to help qualified candidates get seats in various graduation courses in colleges under Puducherry UT. The admission process will be conducted by the Puducherry Government Organization, i.e., CENTAC. There are 17 participating institutions currently under the CENTAC.
This is a state-level admission procedure for admission to various professional degree courses in colleges that fall within the Puducherry Union Territory. No Entrance Exam is to be given for admission to UG courses. The aspirants will get admission based on their score in class 12 or equivalent.
|Conducting Body||Centralized Admission Committee (CENTAC), Puducherry|
|Admission Level||Undergraduate Level|
|CENTAC Participating Institutes 2023||17|
CENTAC 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility requirements for the admission process for CENTAC 2023 are set out below. To get admission in the various courses, the candidates must fulfill the CENTAC eligibility criteria 2023. It is advised to the candidate to go through the eligibility criteria carefully before proceeding with the application process. Different courses have different eligibility that needs to be checked by the candidates.
- The criteria for Nationality- The applicants must be of Indian Nationality
- Age Specifications- Candidates must be at least 17 Years (as of Oct 1, 2023) for the BAMS course. However, for B. Technology. Course, applicants must be 21 Years at most (as of Jul 1, 2023). Nevertheless, the candidates from the category Scheduled Castes will be given 3 Years of relaxation.
- Qualification Criteria :
|Course||Qualifying Exam||Subjects||Minimum Marks|
|B.Tech||10 + 2 or the equivalent of a Board or university recognized||Physics and Mathematics along with Biotechnology / Biology / Computer Science/Chemistry||Minimum 45% (40% for reserved category)|
|B.Pharm||10 + 2 or the equivalent of a Board or university recognized||Physics and Chemistry along with Biology/Mathematics/Biotechnology/Computer Science||Minimum 45% (40% for reserved category)|
|B.A.M.S||10 + 2 or the equivalent of a Board or university recognized||Physics/Chemistry/Biology, and English||UR - 50% marks
OBC / MBC / EBC / OPH - 45% 40% marks (SC / ST / OPH);
|BDS & MBBS||10 + 2 or the equivalent of a Board or university recognized||Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Bio-technology, Zoology, Botany and English||Minimum 50% marks (40% for reserved category)|
|B.Sc. (MLT)||10 + 2 or the equivalent of a Board or university recognized||Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English||Minimum 50% marks (40% for reserved category)|
|B.Sc. (Nursing)||10 + 2 or the equivalent of a Board or university recognized||Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English||Minimum 50% marks (40% for reserved category)|
- The number of attempts- B.D.S. & M.B.B.S., B.Sc. (MLT), B.Sc. (Nursing), B.Pharma do not have any limitations on the number of attempts. However, B.Tech has two attempts (3 attempts for S.C.), and B.A.M.S. has only one attempt.
CENTAC 2023 Application Form
CENTAC 2023 application form will be released on the official website. Before proceeding with the application process, it is advised that the candidates carefully go through the eligibility criteria of the particular course they are seeking admission to. Once the candidate has gone through the eligibility criteria of their particular course, they should start the application process, of which detailed information is provided below.
- CENTAC 2023 Application form will be published on the official website.
- The application form will be posted in online mode.
- Candidates are required to fill out the form via the official website.
- Candidates are expected to register when filling out the application form.
How to Fill CENTAC 2023 Application Form
Candidates can fill the CENTAC 2023 application form by following the mentioned steps below.
- Step 1: Visit the official CENTAC 2023 website.
- Step 2: Click the Program tab.
- Step 3: Applicants would then need to have their correct contact number and email ID.
- Step 4: Applicants must receive a Vial email or SMS login Id and password.
- Step 5: Log in and start filling in details such as personal, academic, and qualification details.
- Step 6: Candidates must upload the documents in the prescribed format after entering all the details. And, the photograph to be uploaded must have a permissible size between 20 KB to 25 KB. And, the allowed format is just JPG.
- Step 7: Also, students seeking to fill out the Law Courses application form will request a separate Online Application Form.
- Step 8: Finally, after the application form has been successfully submitted, candidates must take a printout of the application form submitted and send it by post/courier to the address below, along with the necessary documents.
Documents to be Submitted for Application Form
During the application process, candidates are required to submit the following documents.
- Class 10 or equivalent Mark Sheet
- Class 12 or equivalent Mark Sheet
- Proof of Birth Date (SSLC Mark Sheet or Birth Certificate)
- Online Payment Copy
- Certificate of Nationality
- Certificate of Residence
- Permanent Integrated Certificate
- Special Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Community Certificate (if applicable)
- Nativity Certificate (if applicable)
- Sports Certificate (if applicable)
CENTAC 2023 Application Fee
Information about the application fee for CENTAC are given below:
|No.of Course||General Category Fee||SC/ST Category Fee|
|For 1 Course||INR 500||INR 250|
|For 2 Course||INR 750||INR 350|
|For 3 Course||INR 1000||INR 500|
|For BA LLB||INR 600||INR 300|
- Payment Mode: Candidates can only pay the application fee in offline mode by Cash / Demand Draft.
CENTAC 2023 Exam Reservation Criteria
Applicants from the Union Territory of Puducherry will be allocated seats based on their score in class 12 (or equivalent) examination. The CENTAC 2023 admissions will be based on their JEE Main 2023 score for candidates from other States and Union territories. Find below the CENTAC 2023 reservation criteria.
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||11%|
|Backward Classes Muslims (BCM)||2%|
|Extreme Backward Classes (EBC)||2%|
|Most Backward Classes (MBC)||18%|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||16%|
|Backward Tribe (BT) & Schedule Tribe (ST)||0.5%|
|Children/Grand Children of Freedom (Fighter) (FF)||4%|
|Wards of Ex-Servicemen (EX)||1% (MBBS) & 3% (all other courses)|
|Candidates who are Meritorious in Sports (SP)||1%|
CENTAC 2023 Merit List
CENTAC shall prepare separate lists of qualifications for entry to the various courses. The lists of qualifications for chosen applicants will be released on the three universities web site. Candidates are required to follow the below steps to know their results. The CENTAC Merit List consists of the names of the candidates who have cleared the examination, i.e., shortlisted for admission. The merit list for CENTAC 2023 will be available on the official website after the announcement of the results.
Steps to Download the Merit List
Candidates can test their merit status online at the CENTAC 2023 official website through the following steps.
- Step 1: Open the website and click the link that reads CENTAC 2023 results.
- Step 2: Enter the registered registration number in the displayed window.
- Step 3: Press submit, the result will be displayed
- Step 4: The resulting window will show the cut-off marks and the call letter.
CENTAC 2023 Cut off
CENTAC 2023 threshold is the minimum score that an applicant requires to get to be eligible for admission to various undergraduate programs. The CENTAC cut-off 2023 will vary from institute to institute. The cut-off would also depend on the course and grade of the shortlisted students based on ranks CENTAC.
CENTAC 2023's cut-off isn't set and can differ from previous years. This depends on the different factors:
- Seats are available during the course in which admission is sought.
- Patterns in the cut-offs of previous years Perform in the 10 + 2 exam.
Preparation of CENTAC Merit List 2023
The merit list for CENTAC 2023 will be prepared based on the following set of rules and guidelines:
- The candidates from Puducherry will be able to make it to the merit list based on their scores in Class 12 or equivalent final examinations.
- Candidates from other states/UTs will be selected to the merit list based on their performance in the JEE Mains examination.
- The merit list will be prepared separately based on the category and the field of engineering of the candidate.
Note: The CENTAC Merit List will decide a candidate's admission to the BTech/BE programs offered by participating colleges.
CENTAC 2023 Normalisation Procedure
The authorities use "normalisation procedure" to create a common base for equating the marks of the candidates obtained from various Boards of Examination. The marks of the candidates obtained from the various boards in the relevant subjects of the qualifying examinations will be equated with the marks of the candidates obtained by the State Board in the same subjects using the normalization procedure. Once the normalized marks of the eligible candidates are obtained, these will be merged into the final merit list.
CENTAC 2023 Participating Institutes
The students can find below the list of CENTAC participating Institutes 2023 and the number of seats available in these institutes, which provides admission into the various courses. The institutes will provide the admissions of the candidates based on marks or merit of CENTAC 2023.
|Government Colleges||Seat Intake||Other State Quota|
|Pondicherry Engineering College, Puducherry||382||46|
|Perunthalaivar Kamarajar Institute of Engg. and Tech., Karaikal||153||27|
Self Financing Colleges and Deemed Universities
|Self Financing And Deemed Universities||Seat Intake|
|Avvaiyar Collge of Engineering and Technology, Puducherry||120|
|Alpha College of Engineering and Technology||210|
|Achariya College of Engineering and Technology, Puducherry||240|
|Christ Collge of Engineering & Technology, Puducherry||360|
|Bharathiyar College of Engineering & Technology, Karaikal||210|
|Christ Institute of Technology, Puducherry||330|
|Prist University ( Off-Campus), Puducherry||150|
|Manakula Vinayagar Institute of Technology, Puducherry||330|
|RAAK College of Engineering & Technology, Puducherry||150|
|Rajiv Gandhi College of Engineering & Technology, Puducherry||300|
|RVS College of Engineering & Technology, Karaikal||120|
|Shri Krishna College of Engineering & Technology, Puducherry||150|
|Sri Ganesh College of Engineering & Technology, Puducherry||210|
|Sri Manakula Vinayagar Engineering College, Puducherry||600|
|Sri Venkateshwara College of Engineering & Technology, Puducherry||150|
CENTAC Contact Details
In case of questions or queries, candidates can reach out to the concerned authorities through the following contact details.
Centralized Committee Admission (CENTAC)
The campus of Pondicherry Engineering College, Pondicherry-605014
Tel: (0413)2655281-2655287 (Ext. 342/343),
Email address: [email protected]