BUMAT, also popularly known as Bharati Vidyapeeth Undergraduate Management Aptitude Test, is an entrance examination for candidates seeking admissions into BBA and BCA programmes offered by the Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed to be University. It is an university level examination. The examination is held to test an applicant's Numerical Aptitude, Reasoning/Logical Aptitude, Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension. You can read more about BUMAT 2021, in the below given article.
- What is BUMAT?
- BUMAT 2021 Exam Date
- BUMAT 2021 Eligibility
- BUMAT 2021 Application Form
- BUMAT 2021 Application Process
- BUMAT 2021 Exam Centres
- BUMAT 2021 Admit Card
- BUMAT 2021 Exam Pattern
- BUMAT 2021 Syllabus
- BUMAT 2021 Result
- BUMAT 2021 Cut Off
- BUMAT 2021 Counselling
What is BUMAT?
BUMAT stands for "Bharati Vidyapeeth Undergraduate Management Aptitude Test". It is a National Level Entrance Test conducted by Bharati Vidyapeeth (Deemed to be University) for admission of students to undergraduate programs in BBA and BCA. The total number of seats available for the BBA program is 1020 and that for BCA is 570.
- BVP University: The Bharati Vidyapeeth University, Pune was established in 1964 by educationist and visionary Dr. Patangrao Kadam. After three decades of imparting knowledge, in 1996 it was awarded the Deemed University status by UGC. In the year 2013-14 BVP University celebrated Golden Jubilee of serving the nation with building generations of responsible youth.
- The Bharati Vidyapeeth’s various institutions offer a spectrum of courses across all professional disciplines like Agriculture, Ayurveda, Biotechnology, Dentistry, Medicine, Engineering, Environment Science, Homeopathy, Hotel Management & Catering Technology, Nursing, Pharmacy, Law, Management, Physical education and more.
- Level: BVP BUMAT 2021 is a National Level Entrance Test held in many cities across the country. This exam is restricted to be written only by the Indian Nationals.
- Frequency: BUMAT is conducted once in a year in June i.e. after the declaration of 10+2 results and before the academic year starts, to admit students in BCA & BBA programs of the Bharati Vidyapeetham University.
- Mode: The BUMAT 2021 exam is conducted only in offline mode i.e Paper and Pen Test (PBT). All candidates who seek admission for the courses have to compulsorily go through this entrance test.
- Courses: The BVP BUMAT 2021 is specifically conducted to admit students in undergraduate programs of Bachelor's in Computer Application (BCA) as well as Bachelors' in Business Administration (BBA) only, into 7 institutes under the Bharati Vidyapeeth University.
The below table displays details regarding BUMAT 2021 Highlights.
|Exam Name||Bharati Vidyapeeth Undergraduate Management Aptitude Test|
|Conducting Body||Bharati Vidyapeeth (Deemed to be University)|
|Courses Offered||BBA and BCA|
|Mode||Offline i.e. Pen and Paper-based Test (PBT)|
|Duration||2 hours 30 minutes i.e. 150 minutes|
BUMAT 2021 Exam Date
BUMAT is conducted every year for admission of students for BBA and BCA courses into colleges under "Bharati Vidyapeeth University". The exam is conducted to check the ability of students and for the selection of students into 7 colleges. The exam is conducted in June. Every student has to go through this exam to get admission in the colleges. Candidates should regularly check for any updates in the BUMAT Exam Dates as the dates are tentative, it will help the candidates to prepare for the exam in a better way.
Candidates are highly advised to read the below table and note down the BUMAT 2021 Tentative Dates.
|BUMAT 2021 Application Form Start Date||Feb 15, 2021|
|BUMAT 2021 Application Form Last Date||Mar 20, 2021|
|BUMAT 2021 Admit Card Last Date||Apr 1, 2021|
|BUMAT 2021 Exam Date||Apr 18, 2021|
|BUMAT 2021 Results Announcement||Jun 1, 2021|
|BUMAT 2021 Commencement of Counselling||To be Announced|
|Commencement of Lectures||To be Announced|
BUMAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria
For any exam, there are certain eligibility criteria for the candidates which they have to meet to get eligibility to write the exam. These criteria change from exam to exams. The eligibility criteria are set by Bharati Vidyapeeth University, based on different courses. The BUMAT 2021 eligibility criteria for the exam are given below:
- Educational Qualification: The candidate must have passed Higher Secondary Classes (10+2) or equivalent exam with a minimum of 45% marks for the general category and 40% marks for reserved category candidates from a recognized university.
- Final Year: The candidates who are appearing for there final examination are also eligible to appear for the BUMAT 2021, provided they produce necessary documents to verify the same at the time of admission.
- Age Limit: There are No age criteria to attend the BUMAT 2021.
- Nationality: The candidates who wish to appear for BUMAT must be a citizen of India.
|Age Limit||No Age Limit|
BUMAT 2021 Application Form
The Application Form will available on the official website of Bharati Vidyapeeth (Deemed to be University) tentatively from Feb 15, 2021 and the last date to submit the BUMAT 2021 Application Form will be Mar 20, 2021 tentatively. The application form has to be filled before the Mar 20, 2021 with all of the required documents. The application form after filling is to be submitted to Bharati Vidyapeeth University.
Note: Check the application form after filling as once applied to form the details given cannot be changed and the candidate may not be even allowed to write the exam.
- Registration Fee: Candidates have to pay a sum of INR 1200 as registration fee through online only i.e Credit Cards/ Debit Cards/ Net Banking.
- Documents Upload: Candidates should upload the recently took passport size photograph, signature, and other relevant documents while filling the Application Form.
To understand the BUMAT 2021 Fee Structure, refer to the below given table.
|Registration Fee||INR 1200|
BUMAT Application Process 2021
Candidates who are willing to appear for BUMAT 2021 will have to register for the exam by visiting the official site. Before applying for the exam the candidate needs to know whether he/she is eligible for this exam. The details to be entered in the application form have to be collected to avoid any mistakes while applying. After all the details and documents required are collected then the candidate can go for the application process.
- Process: There are 5 steps involved in filling the Application Form.
- Details: The eligible candidate has to fill in their personal information, contact details, qualification details, programs, and fee payment and confirm all the details mentioned.
Note: Once the application process is completed the candidates have to take the printout of the application form and the fee payment receipt. So that if there is an error, payment issue, or other things, and also for future reference.
BUMAT 2021 Exam Centres
BUMAT 2021 is conducted in 13 major cities across India. Most of the centers are present in Maharastra. Candidates should mention the Centre Code and Name of his/ her choice of Test Centre in Online Application Form. Candidates can choose any one exam center.
The candidates not allowed to take any electronic gadgets and calculators. The candidates should carry the admit card, personal government id for verification. It is advised to the candidate to arrive at the exam center 30 minutes before the given time. If a candidate enters the exam center 30 min after the commencing of the exam, then that candidate will be not allowed to write or even enter the exam hall.
- Change of Centre: Requests for change of Test Centre and Subject opted by the candidate in the Application Form will not be considered under any circumstances.
- Note: The details of the BUMAT 2021 Exam Centre will be mentioned on the Admit Card.
BUMAT 2021 Admit Card
After the application form is filled and submitted to the university, the candidates candownload their admit cards. The BUMAT 2021 Admit card will be available online on the official website. The dates for the release will be updated in this section. Check the admit card for any errors, if any errors are present or your admit card is not available then contact the university.
The BUMAT 2021 admit card will contain details such as Name, the Application number, Exam Center, Instructions, etc.
- Availability: BUMAT 2021 Admit Card will be available on the official website once the candidates submit the Application Form.
- Download: Candidates can download the Hall-Tickets from the University website once the dates are released.
- Id Proof: Candidate must carry anyone government id proof such as Voter Id, PAN Card, Aadhar Card, Driving License, Passport along with the Admit Card.
Note: The candidates are advised to read the instructions on the admit card carefully and follow them during the conduct of the examination.
BUMAT 2021 Exam Pattern
BUMAT 2021 is conducted once a year to select students for BBA and BCA courses in 7 of the colleges under Bharati Vidyapeeth University. This exam is conducted to check the ability of the students. Based on the exam a merit list is prepared according to the scores of the candidates. The BUMAT exam pattern is as follows:
- Mode: BUMAT 2021 will be conducted offline i.e. Pen and Paper-based Test (PBT) on Apr 18, 2021.
- Question Type: The question paper will be Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ).
- No. of Questions & Topics: The test paper will consist of 200 questions in total which comprise of topics from Numerical Aptitude, Reasoning/ Logical Aptitude, Verbal Ability, and Reading Comprehension.
- Duration: The time given to complete the examination will be 2 hours 30 minutes i.e. 150 minutes.
- Marking Scheme: One mark will be awarded for every correct answer and no negative marking.
- Medium: The question paper will be in English.
The below table can help the applicants to understand the BUMAT 2021 Exam Pattern more easily.
|Mode||Offline i.e. Pen & Paper-based Test (PBT)|
|Question Type||Multiple Choice Question (MCQ)|
|Duration||2 hours 30 minutes i.e. 150 minutes|
|Marking Scheme||1 mark for the correct answer and no negative marking|
Applicants are highly reccommended to go through the section-wise BUMAT 2021 Exam Pattern, which is mentioned in the table given below.
|S.No.||Subject||No. of Questions||Marks|
|2||Reasoning/ Logical Aptitude||60||60|
BUMAT 2021 Exam Syllabus
Syllabus for BUMAT 2021 consists of 4 parts. This syllabus is constructed to check the general awareness, logical thinking, and other aspects. Seeing the BUMAT 2021 syllabus and distribution of the marks the candidate can start preparing for the exam. It will help the candidate to find the weak spot in there learning and resolve thereby planning and practice.
- Sections: The test paper is divided into four sections namely Numerical Aptitude, Reasoning/ Logical Aptitude, Verbal Ability, and Reading Comprehension.
- Difficulty Level: The Questions for the BUMAT 2021 will be based on the 10+2 syllabus.
- Reference Books: Candidates can refer to the books which are prescribed by the conducting authority for the preparation of BUMAT 2021.
BUMAT 2021 Results
BUMAT 2021 results will be announced in June, 2021. The students can check for the results on the Bharati Vidyapeeth University official website. The candidate has to login by entering valid details asked such as application number, and other details on the admit card. Once you have seen your result click on print to take a printout of the result, as it is essential for future use for counseling and admission. Take extra copies of the BUMAT 2021 result.
- Result Date: The results for BUMAT 2021 will be announced on the official website tentatively in the last week of June 2021.
- Merit List: Based on the score secured in the BUMAT 2021 a separate merit list will be prepared for the admission process.
- Cut-off: The cut-off will be the minimum marks secured by the candidates through which the merit list will be prepared for the BUMAT admission process.
BUMAT 2021 Cut Off
Candidates will get to know about their BUMAT Cut Off as the result for the same releases. Candidates should score more than the BUMAT Cut Off to get admission into BBA, BCA courses of Bharati Vidhyapith colleges. Qualified candidates will be asked to attend counselling and next rounds of the selection procedure.
The BUMAT Cut Off depends on multiple factors. These factors keep changing every year, so the BUMAT Cut Off also changes accordingly. The exam authorities consider factors like the number of applicants, difficulty level of the exam, and a number of seats available while calculating the BUMAT Cut Off.
Colleges accepting BUMAT Cut Off
The BUMAT Cut Off will be different for each participating institute. Candidates have to check on the website of the respective institute to know about the BUMAT Cut Off marks for that institute. The list of colleges accepting the BUMAT Cut Off marks is given below.
- Institute of Management and Rural Development Administration (IMRDA), Sangli
- Institute of Management (IM), Kolhapur
- Yashwantrao Mohite Institute of Management (YMIM), Karad
- Abhijit Kadam Institute of Management and Social Sciences (AKIMSS), Solapur
- Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship Development (IMED), Pune
- Bharati Vidyapeeth Institute of Management and Research (BVIMR), New Delhi
BUMAT 2021 Counselling
The counselling schedule for BUMAT 2021 has not been announced yet. It will be released after the declaration of results.
The candidates should carry all the documents which they submitted during the application process and along with them they also have to submit Payslip, admit card and printout of the result. At the end of BUMAT 2021 counseling, the colleges are assigned to the candidates based on their merit list.
- Counseling Date: Candidates who clear the BUMAT 2021 will be called for the counseling process which will be held on the date to be announced.
- Venue: The counseling for BUMAT 2021 will be conducted in the participating centers.
- Documents: Candidates should bring a set of documents with originals while the time of counseling for admission purposes.
For any queries or any doubts, applicants can contact the exam conducting authority. The BUMAT contact details are mentioned below in the table.
|Address||Bharati Vidyapeeth (Deemed to be University),
Bharati Vidyapeeth Bhavan,
Lal Bahadur Shastri Marg, PUNE - 411030, Maharashtra State, India