All important information related to the Bihar Paramedical admission in 2021. BCECE exam details along with eligibility criteria, admission process, latest dates, etc. available to get admissions in Bihar Paramedical courses. Get Bihar paramedical exam details and admission info
BCECEB conducts the Bihar Diploma Certificate Entrance Competitive Examination (DCECE) for aspiring candidates in the field of Paramedical and is a gateway for admission into polytechnic and paramedical colleges and institutions of Bihar, India. Candidates are selected based on the merit list of the entrance exam. Through the Paramedical course offered, the aspiring medical workers can support the emergency or pre-hospital services without having to gain a full-time medical degree. In this article, the information provided will be useful for students who want to study Paramedical courses in Bihar.
List of Topics
Bihar Paramedical BCECE Exam
BCECE (Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination) is a state-level examination conducted by the Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board (BCECEB) held annually. The BCECE exam allows students to take admissions into undergraduate programs in prestigious colleges and universities of Bihar. BCECE exam is also called the Bihar CET exam. Following are the syllabus pattern of the Bihar Paramedical BCECE examination:
Bihar Paramedical Eligibility Criteria
Nationality Eligibility – The candidate should be an Indian citizen with either their parents belonging to the state of Bihar or falling under the following categories:
- Must have been a refugee in the state OR
- Must be the employees of the Bihar government OR
- Must be a part of Rashtra Sangh and currently based in Bihar OR
- MustEmployee of Indian Government / Bihar government.
Age Criteria – The age criteria for Bihar Paramedical admission is as follows:
- For the Paramedical course, the eligibility criteria are as per the courses. For GNM and ANM nursing courses, the minimum age should be 17 years and the maximum age should be 35 years as of December 31, 2021, as specified by the Nursing Council of India Ltd. For other courses, the minimum age should be 17 years and the maximum age should be 32 years as of December 31, 2021.
- For Paramedical dental courses, as of 31 December 2021, the minimum and maximum age should be 15 and 30 years respectively.
Educational Criteria – The education qualification for DCECE 2021 is different for courses in Paramedical. Find below the details of the same:
For Polytechnic Engineering
- The candidates must have secured at least 35% marks in 10 class from the Bihar School Examination Board or similar recognized board. Those who are appearing for the 10 class examination in 2021 may also apply, but they need to produce valid certificates for the same.
For Part-time Four Years Polytechnic Engineering Course
- The candidates should have passed class 10 from a recognized board along with 2 years of ITI or with 2 years of work experience in any company or NGO.
- Candidates must produce valid certificates from the organization they are working for. The certificates produced should contain the number of years they worked, a brief description of the work, and a description of the sponsorship for appearing in the examination.
For Paramedical Dental Courses
- The candidates should have passed class 10 from a recognized board with Science and English as the major subjects. Candidates appearing for class 10 examination can also appear for the examination, the condition being that they must be declared as passed before the declaration of the examination.
For Paramedical Courses
- For Diploma in Pharmacy, the students must be certified passed in intermediate science or equivalent examination with subjects Physics, Chemistry, and English with either Mathematics or Biology as the major subjects.
- For General Nursing and midwifery which is applicable only for women candidates, should have at least 40% marks in 12 class with subjects as physics, chemistry, and biology. 5% relaxation for SC/ST students will be provided in these criteria. Those candidates who completed 12 class or intermediate vocational nursing courses from the institutes certified by the Nursing Council of India with at least 40% marks are also invited to apply for the GNM courses.
- For Auxiliary Nurse Midwife the candidate should have secured at least 40% marks in the 12 class or intermediate examination with English as the major subject.
- For Dental Mechanics and hygienists, the candidates should have passed 12 class or Intermediate in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English with a minimum of 50% marks are also eligible to apply.
- For the rest of the courses offered, applicants who have passed 12 with science or equivalent examination with subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English are also eligible to apply for the examination.
- Those applicants who are appearing for the 10 class examination will also be eligible to apply for this examination condition being these candidates should be declared passed before the declaration of result.
Bihar Paramedical Admission Process 2021
- Bihar Paramedical Application Form: The application form is available online and candidates have to first register themselves on the official website, after which they could proceed to fill the application form of BCECE 2021. The correction window facility provided by the board had also provided the facility of making corrections in the BCECE application. For more information on the application, the procedure refers to the ‘Application Process’ section of this article.
- Bihar Paramedical Admit Card: Candidates who have submitted the application form and the registration fee on time, will be issued the BCECE 2021 admit card for paramedical courses. These admit cards can be available to download from the official website of BCECE by using the login credentials created at the time of registration.
- Bihar Paramedical Exam Day: Candidates then have to appear for BCECE 2021 exam. The exam will be helpful for a total of 4.5 hours. Each subject and section will be given a 90 minutes focus. The question paper will be available in Hindi/English, as per the choice filled during the application process.
- Bihar Paramedical Result: Merit list of the BCECE 2021 exam will be released online and the candidates will be admitted to various courses and colleges based on the ranks obtained in the BCECE 2021 merit list.
- Bihar Paramedical Counselling: The counseling of BCECE paramedical courses admission will be held offline where documents will be verified and college admission formalities will be taken forward.
Bihar Paramedical Top Colleges
There are many colleges offering different Paramedical courses in the capital and throughout Bihar. Find below a list of top colleges to consider while applying for Bihar Paramedical course:
- Darbhanga Medical College
- Patna Women's College
- Magadh Mahila College
- Nalanda Medical College
- Patna Medical College
- Indira Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences
- Aryabhatta Knowledge University
- Bihar Institute of Nursing and Paramedical
- Nalanda Open University
Bihar Paramedical Important Dates 2021
The admission for the Bihar Paramedical has been delayed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Some of the dates available on the website are as follows:
|Bihar Paramedical 2021- Important Events||Dates|
|Last date for online registration||18th May 2021|
|Last date of payment through net banking/ debit card/ credit card after submission of the online application form||21st May 2021|
|Online editing of application form||22nd May - 24th May 2021|
|Issue of online admit card||4th June 2021|
|Proposed Date of Examination [PE/PPE]||16th June 2021|
|Proposed Date of Examination [PM/PMD]||17th June 2021|
Bihar Paramedical Reservation Policy
Following are the seats available for reservation according to the category of students:
|Category||Reservation of seats|
|SC (Scheduled Caste)||16%|
|ST (Scheduled Tribe)||01%|
|EBC (Extremely Backward Class)||18%|
|BC (Backward Class)||12%|
|Economically Weaker Section (EWS)||10%|
|RCG (Reserved Category Girls)||3%|