Architecture Aptitude Test 2020 (AAT 2020) is conducted by the Joint Admission Board of ITT JEE exam for admission into B.Arch programmes offered by IIT Kharagpur, IIT Varanasi (BHU) and IIT Roorkee only. For Admission into B.Arch, candidates must appear for AAT 2020 after qualifying the JEE Advanced 2020 paper. The test was supposed to be conducted on June 12, 2020. The qualified candidates will get admission into 5-year B.Arch programmes at the 7 IITs. This exam is the top priority for B.Arch aspirants, to clear AAT, students should focus on learning designing and drawing nuances along with general knowledge. To know more about this premium opportunity of pursuing B.Arch, go through this page.
Latest Updates: August 26, 2020: New Exam Date of AAT 2020 has been announced. Now, the exam will be conducted on October 8, 2020. The registration process will begin from October 5, 2020.
- What is AAT Exam?
- AAT 2020 Exam Date
- AAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- JEE Advanced 2020 AAT Syllabus
- AAT 2020 Exam Pattern
- AAT 2020 Application Form
- AAT 2020 Registration
- AAT 2020 Exam Centres
- AAT 2020 Admit Card
- AAT 2020 Results
- AAT 2020 Counselling
- AAT Reference Books
What is AAT Exam?
The full form of AAT is the Architecture Aptitude Test. AAT is a National Level Entrance Examination conducted by IIT Roorkee and IIT Kharagpur for admission into Bachelor of Architecture [B.Arch] programme.
- Conducting Body: AAT 2020 will be conducted by IIT Roorkee which will be changed every year.
- Level: The AAT is a National Level Entrance Examination conducted once a year by IITs. The difficulty level of exam is considered as the premium level. As it gives entry in the top College of the nation.
- Course Offered: Bachelor of Architecture [B.Arch] programme will be offered for all the candidates who clear the AAT 2020 in IIT Roorkee and IIT Kharagpur.
- Date & Mode: Architecture Aptitude Test [AAT] will be conducted offline i.e. Pen and Paper-based Test (PBT) on October 8, 2020.
- The AAT Exam is conducted for admission into B.Arch courses in IITs. If a candidate wants to get admission into this course it is necessary for him/her to have qualified in the JEE Advanced Exam.
AAT 2020 Summary
The following table shows some important information regarding the AAT Exam.
|Exam Name||Architecture Aptitude Test|
|Conducting Body||IIT Roorkee|
|Course Offered||Bachelor of Architecture [B.Arch]|
|Exam Date||June 12, 2020 October 8, 2020|
|Mode||Offline i.e. Pen and Paper-based Test [PBT]|
Imagination and Aesthetic Sensitivity,
Three Dimensional Perception
|Duration||3 hours i.e. 180 minutes|
AAT 2020 Exam Date
Application Form will be available on the official website and the last date to submit the AAT Application Form will also be announced. The registered candidates will have to present their JEE Advanced 2020 Admit Card at the Examination Centre. No separate Admit Card will be issued for the AAT 2020. AAT 2020 will be conducted offline i.e. Pen & Paper-based Test (PBT). The date of the AAT Exam comes after the successful completion of JEE Advance.
Results will be declared on the official website for all category candidates based on qualified marks on October 11, 2020. Candidates who have cleared the AAT 2020 will be called for the counselling process which will be held after the result is declared.
Refer to the table for AAT #year Exam Dates
|AAT 2020 Event||Date|
|AAT Registration begins||October 5, 2020|
|AAT Registration ends||October 6, 2020|
|AAT Admit Card release date||October 6, 2020|
|AAT Exam Date||October 8, 2020|
|AAT Results||October 11, 2020|
|AAT Counselling||To be announced|
AAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- JEE Advanced: Candidates who have cleared JEE Advanced will be allowed to appear for the AAT 2020.
- Education: Candidates must have passed a 12th standard examination or the candidates who are appearing for their final exam are also eligible to apply.
- Age Limit: Candidates must be born on or after 1st October 1993 and for SC/ ST/ PwD candidates must be born on or after 1st October 1988.
- Reservation Criteria: The reservation criteria will be OBC - 27%, SC - 15%, ST - 7.5%, and Others - 50.5%.
AAT 2020 Application Form
Registration: Application Form will be available on the official website soon. The start date of the AAT Exam Application and the last date to submission of the AAT Application Form is yet to be announced. A candidate is required to register separately after JEE Advanced for AAT 2020.
Registration Fee: The male candidates are required to pay the registration fee of INR 2600 and the female candidates must pay INR 1300 as registration fee. Pay the fee using Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking. Make sure you keep the receipt of the same, this can be used in future for reference. The table below has the details about AAT #yearApplication fee for other categories.
|SC/ST/PwD||INR 1300 + GST|
|Female Candidates||INR 1300 + GST|
|All other candidates||INR 2600 + GST|
|Foreign Candidates from SAARC Nation||USD 160 + GST|
|Foreign Candidates from non-SAARC Nation||USD 300 + GST|
Upload Documents: Candidates must upload the scanned images of passport size photograph, signature, and other documents. The size of the photograph should be between 4 and 40 KB. The size of the signature should be between 1 and 30 KB. Make sure the quality of the documents is fine. The photograph should have a clear background with a focus on the face.
AAT 2020 Registration
Candidates have to give consent for AAT 2020 while filling the JEE Advanced 2020 Exam Form. There comes a 'Yes or No' checkbox in which the candidate is asked if they want to appear for AAT. A candidate has to click on the Yes option to avail this exam option. Then a candidate will be asked to fill their choice of Exam Centre. After filling the Exam Centre choice, hit on submit.
AAT 2020 Application Process: Candidates have to follow the below steps to fill the Application Form:
- AAT 2020 Registration through Aadhar Card: The use of Aadhaar by the candidates for JEE Advance 2020 will result in an accuracy of the candidates’ details.
- Fill Online Application Form: Candidates can fill the online Application Form by entering details such as Authentication, Examination, Personal, Academic, Contact, and Guardian.
- Verification of Mobile Number and Email: Once the candidate has entered all the above-mentioned details an OTP will be sent to the registered Mobile Number and Email for Authentication.
- Upload the Documents: AAT Candidates must upload the scanned copy of recently taken passport size photograph and signature. The Passport Size Photo should have a clear background and proper lighting and focus on face.
- Payment of Registration Fee: The registration fee should be paid by the candidates by category wise through Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking/ UPI/ Cash Deposit (through e-challan at State Bank of India Branches only). If you had mentioned the wrong category, this will create problem kin processing your fee or can even cause cancellation of your AAT Registration. So, make sure you put the right details.
- AAT Slot Booking: The AAT Exam is conducted in slots across all the centres. The Date, Time and Exam Centre can be chosen by the candidate on a first come first serve basis.
- Print the Final Confirmation Page: Download and take a printout of the final confirmation page of the Application Form.
AAT 2020 Exam Centres
The AAT 2020 will be conducted in all the 7 participating IITs across India. The candidates may choose their choice of location for appearing in AAT 2020. Candidates must carry valid id proof along with the Admit Card to the Exam Centre without fail.
- Candidates failing to carry a valid photo ID proof (Aadhaar/Voter ID Card) with Hall Ticket/Admit Card to the Exam Centre will not be allowed inside the exam hall.
- Candidates are required to carry their own supplies for sketching, geometry set, drawing colours (including water colours) at the AAT #year Exam Centre. AAT Candidates will not provided with any material for sketching, and borrowing will strictly be prhoibbited.
- The items/supplies that the candidates will take to the AAT exam hall, will be screened.
AAT Candidates can take the following items at the centre
- Geometry Set
- Drinking water bottle (transparent)
AAT Candidates should avoid taking the following items at the centre
- Log books
- Slide rule
- Any Study Material
- Any textual material
|1||IIT Roorkee Zone|
|2||IIT Madras Zone|
|3||IIT Kharagpur Zone|
|4||IIT Kanpur Zone|
|5||IIT Guwahati Zone|
|6||IIT Delhi Zone|
|7||IIT Bombay Zone|
AAT 2020 Admit Card
The registered candidates will have to present their JEE Advanced 2020 Admit Card at the Examination Centre. No separate Admit Card will be issued for the AAT 2020, candidates will have to use their JEE Advanced Admit Cards. Candidate must carry a government ID proof such as Voter Id, PAN Card, Aadhar Card, Driving License, Passport along with the Admit Card. Make sure the details in your AAT Admit card is correctly spelt.
- The candidates are advised to read the instructions on the AAT 2020 admit card carefully and follow them during the conduct of the examination. Also, check the details and pay attention to all the spellings, and the photo should be rightly placed. As this Admit Card will be used for further processes such as counselling and seat allotment.
- In case of any discrepancy in the particulars of the candidate or his/ her photograph and signatures shown in the Admit Card and Confirmation Page, the candidate may immediately approach the conducting Authority.
JEE Advanced 2020 AAT Syllabus
The syllabus will be based on a drawing which is decided by the conducting authority for conducting AAT.
The topics which are decided by the authority will be:
- Geometrical Drawing
- Freehand Drawing
- Imagination and Aesthetic Sensitivity
- Architectural Awareness
- Three Dimensional Perception
The candidates can refer to the books which are prescribed by the conducting authority for the preparation of AAT 2020.
|Freehand Drawing||The freehand drawing consists of simple drawing depicting the total object in its right form and proportion, surface texture, relative location and details of its parts in an appropriate scale. Common domestic or day-to-day life usable objects like furniture, equipment, etc., from memory.|
|Geometrical Drawing||Exercises in geometrical drawing containing lines, triangles, angles, quadrilaterals, circles, polygons, etc. Study of plan (top view), elevation (front or side views) of simple solid objects like cones, prisms, cylinders, splayed surface holders, cubes, etc.|
|Three-Dimensional Perception||Appreciation and understanding of 3-dimensional forms with building elements, colour, volume, and orientation. Visualization through structuring objects in memory.|
|Imagination and Aesthetic Sensitivity||Composition exercise with given elements. Context mapping. Creativity check through an innovative uncommon test with familiar objects. The sense of colour grouping or application.|
|Architectural Awareness||General interest and awareness of famous architectural creations – both national and international, places and personalities (architects, designers, etc.) in the related domain.|
AAT 2020 Exam Pattern
- Mode: The AAT 2020 will be conducted by Offline mode i.e. Pen and Paper-based Test [PBT]. The date of the AAT Exam for the 2020 is to be announced yet.
- Questions: The question will be from 5 different topics based on drawing.
- Sections: The question paper will contain 5 sections which are Geometrical Drawing, Freehand Drawing, Imagination and Aesthetic Sensitivity, Architectural Awareness, and Three Dimensional Perception.
- Duration: The time given to complete AAT 2020 will be 3 hours i.e. 180 minutes.
- Medium: The question paper will be in Engish.
AAT 2020 Results
Results will be declared on the official website for all category candidates based on qualified marks is to be announced. The AAT result will be displayed in the form of the scorecard for all the candidates who have qualified. Keep a print of it for Counselling procedure.
Steps to check AAT 2020 Result
Step 1: Visit the official website of JEE Advanced
Step 2: Click on the link of AAT 2020 Result
Step 3: A login page will appear, enter the required details, and hit on sumbit.
Step 4: Your AAT 2020 result will appear on the screen, review and download it.
Step 5: Take a print of your AAT 2020 result for future reference.
AAT Cut-off: The cut-off will be calculated based on the marks secured in the qualifying examination. There are several factors related to the entrance examination will be considered while preparing the AAT 2020 cut-off. The AAT Cutoff will be based on the following points:
- Number of Candidates appearing in AAT 2020.
- Difficulty Level of Exam
- Number of Seats Available
- Highest Score
The candidates who have been qualified in the AAT 2020 will be called for the next process for counselling.
AAT 2020 Counselling
Candidates who have cleared the AAT 2020 will be called for the counselling process. The date for which will be announced soon. The candidates will be required to produce all the documents at the time of admissions and pay the fee.
JoSAA Counselling (Joint Seat Allocation Authority) manages seat allotment and combined counselling procedure for all the IITs, IIITs, NITs and other Government Funded Technical Institutes (GFTIs).
Participating Institutes: There will be 97 institutes participating in JoSAA 2020 Counselling. This includes 23 IITs, 31 NITs, 23 IIITs, and 20 Other-GFTIs.
Seat Matrix: The total number of seats in the IIT Roorkee and IIT Kharagpur for admission through AAT 2020 is listed below:
|S.No.||Categories||IIT Kharagpur||IIT Roorkee|
|8||OBC NCL PwD||-||-|
|Total No. of All India Seats||40||35|
AAT 2020 Candidates will have to go through a verification round for AAT Counselling, which will be conducted in 2 to 3 rounds. Candidates will have to submit the Admission fee and official documents (Attested or Original) within the stipulated time to secure Admissions, else, their seat allotment will become void.
AAT 2020 Reference Books
Preparation Books: Candidates can refer to the following books which are recommended by the conducting authority for the preparation of AAT 2020:
- Arihant Publications Book – A Complete Self Study Guide for B.Arch 2018 Entrance Examination (English) by P.K Mishra.
- NATA/ JEE B.Arch. Study Material Kit Paperback by SILICA.
- Keys to Drawing- Strategies and Exercises for Gaining Confidence and Enhancing Your Creativity by Dodson
- Arihant Publication Books - General Knowledge and Current Affairs Book