About Rizvi College of Architecture, [RCOA] Mumbai
Rizvi College of Architecture
The college was established in August 1992 and it is affiliated to the University of Mumbai and Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University (YCMOU). The college offers 5 year Bachelor of Architecture and 2 year Masters in Architecture programmes recognized by the Council of Architecture (COA). The college has evolved into a prime school of thought in the field of sustainable architecture and humane habitat.
Rizvi Education Society provides the necessary financial, technical and human resources and infrastructure to develop the college as one of the most progressive centre for architectural learning. The college has developed professional links with leading schools and colleges in India and abroad. Rizvi College of Architecture was granted prestigious Part I and Part II recognition by the Commonwealth Association of Architects (CAA).
The college aims to develop an all round character and creativity among its students. In an era of globalization the college prepares them to face the challenges and complex tasks of shaping living environment for the 21st Century.
Asia Link Programme
- Under the banner of Asia Link, supported by European Commission, two year joint programme was launched in January 2005.
- This was a collaborative study programme between Rizvi College of Architecture, Mumbai, School of Architecture, CEPT University, Ahmedabad, India and Ecole d’Archiecture de Paris La Villette, France and Cambridge University, U.K.
- The first project was based in Mumbai to study slum redevelopment schemes, 15 French students had come to Mumbai along with their faculty member Ludovic Jonard and they were joined by 30 RCA students from 4th year.
- 5 RCA students went to Paris to present their work in the month of May 2005 and 2006 along with three RCA faculty members.
- In 2006 40 students from RCA and 15 students from France studied heritage precinct of Kasbapeth, Pune and urban renewal project of Laxmi Nagar, Pune.
- 10 RCA students and three faculty member went to Paris to present their work in 2007. In the academic year 2006-2007 students from RCA and CEPT, Ahmedabad worked on sustainable humane housing for urban periphery of Surat.
Over the years the college has had academic collaboration with the following universities:
- Technical University of Graz, Austria
- Ecole d’Architecture Grenoble, France
- Ecole d’Architecture Bordeux, France
- Ecole d’Architecture de Paris La Villette, France
- CTBUH and Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, USA
- Habitat Forum and Technical University, Berlin, Germany
- Polytechnico Superior University of Naples, Italy
Application Eligibility criteria
- Candidate must have passed/appeared for the Qualifying Degree Examination and secured the prescribed Minimum Marks in the Subject(s)/course(s)concerned as mentioned in the Brochure. and
- Candidate must have qualified at the common Entrance Test conducted by the University in the Academic year for which admission is sought. For administrative reasons, the University may conduct the entrance test before the publication of the results of the qualifying degree examination concerned. But qualifying at the Entrance Test alone does not confer a right of admission into a course. In addition to being qualified at the common Entrance Test, a candidate will be eligible for admission only if he/she passes the qualifying degree examination before the commencement of counseling for admission and secures the prescribed minimum marks in the subject(s)/course(s) concerned. He/She must submit the necessary documents at the time of counseling.
How to apply
The applicants seeking admmission can follow these simple steps :
- The applicants seeking admission can apply by filling the online application form available on the website .
- The applicants seeking admission can register themselves to the Under Graduation courses by submitting the registration
- The applicants seeking admission can pay the registration fees through Credit Card or Debit Card or Net Banking..
- The applicants seeking admission are advised to take the printout of filled-in online application form.
- The applicants seeking admission must upload the following documents along with the filled in application form
Address: New Rizvi Educational Complex, Shirley Rajan, Off Carter Road, Bandra West, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400050
Phone: 022 2605 0624