Amritsar Group of Colleges has recently launched an Entrance plus Scholarship test, which is going to be held at the national level. So aspiring students can get admission and scholarship into North India's most preferred institution i.e; Amritsar Group of Colleges.
The entrance test is known as AGC NEST (full form: Amritsar Group of Colleges - National Entrance Scholarship Test). This test will allow students to get admission into any of the following colleges:
- Amritsar College of Engineering and Technology (ACET)
- Amritsar Pharmacy College (APC)
- Amritsar Law College (ALC)
This test allows students to enter any field they like viz. Engineering, Management, Pharmacy, and Law. The Amritsar College of Engineering and Technology (ACET) is an autonomous institute which is approved by the University Grants Commission (UGC). The Amritsar Pharmacy College (APC) has been approved by the AICTE, PCI (Pharmacy Council of India), New Delhi and PSBTE & IT, Chandigarh. The Amritsar Law College (ALC) has been approved by the Bar Council of India (BCI), New Delhi.
The Amritsar Group of Colleges offers NBA accredited courses that provide students with an opportunity to pursue higher studies in foreign universities after completing their course at AGC.
AGC also meets most of the criteria for recruiting agencies as they are NAAC accredited (Grade 'A'). It is also an AICTE approved Engineering college in Punjab that is also affiliated to I.K. Gujral Punjab Technical University, Kapurthala (A government university).
AGC NEST 2021
A centralized test to study at AGC was launched in 2018, and in the previous year, the ACET-EE (Entrance Test) witnessed about 2300+ registrations and this year the exam is being launched as AGC NEST 2021. Candidates seeking admission into the following courses can apply for AGC NEST:
- B.Tech (ME/EE/CSE/CE/ECE)
- Bachelors of Business Administration (BBA)
- Bachelors of Computer Application (BCA)
- Bachelors of Hotel Management and Catering Technology (B.HMCT)
- B.Sc. Fashion Design
- B.Sc. Agriculture (Honors)
- Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com)
- B. Pharmacy
- BA LLB
The candidates are supposed to clear the AGC NEST Examination for admission into the courses mentioned above and candidates will be getting a scholarship of INR 1.5 lakhs based on their performance in the AGE NEST. However, the institution does offer a few courses that do not require a candidate to write the AGC NEST but have to register for the examination. These courses are:
- B. Voc. Courses such as B. Voc. (HMCT/FD/Automobile Servicing/Software Development) and D.Pharmacy, B.Sc.Medical Lab Sciences or B.A. (Journalism & Mass Communication) is based on marks obtained in the higher secondary i.e; class 12.
- Admission into B.Tech - LEET or B. Pharma - LEET, the marks obtained in the previously completed diploma will be considered.
- For LEET programs of MBA/MCA, admission is based on marks obtained in graduation. For M.HMCT/M. Tech (CSE/ME/ECE/CE), admission is based on the marks obtained in the graduation degree.
Scholarship for the admissions to the courses that do not require the entrance test is decided based on the marks obtained in the diploma/previous graduation level.
Note: Candidates who apply for the courses that do not require the examination to be written can also avail 20% of the scholarship based on the "Early-Bird Registration" scheme. Scholarship for these candidates will be given based on the marks in their previous qualifying examinations.
|Percentage of marks in the qualifying examination||Scholarship/Fee Concession being offered|
|Above 80%||The full tuition fee for the first semester|
|Between 70% and 80%||INR 15,000/-|
|Between 65% and 70%||INR 7,500/-|
AGC NEST Syllabus
The syllabus for the paper will depend on the field the candidate has applied for. The following table provides the data of the subjects that will be considered for the paper of that particular field.
|Branch||Topics||Level of Examination|
|B. Tech (All Branches)||Chemistry||12th Level|
|BCA/BBA/B.Com/B.HMCT/B.Sc Fashion Design/MBA/MCA/BA LLB/LLB||General Aptitude||10th Level|
AGC NEST Exam Pattern
The AGC NEST exam is a yearly exam that is conducted by the Amritsar Group of Colleges. This is an Entrance and Scholarship test that will facilitate candidates to get admission into the AGC Institution. The details of the exam are given below.
- Examination Mode: Online (Computer-Based) test
- Examination Language: English
- Duration: 45 minutes
- Question type: MCQ (Multiple/Objective Choice Questions)
- Number of questions: 45
|Subject (For B. Tech - All Branches/ B. Pharmacy)||Physics||Chemistry||Biology/Mathematics||Total Questions|
AGC NEST Exam Centre
AGC NEST is flexible with its exam dates and its exam centres as the candidate can decide when he/she wants to take the exam and where. If the candidate wishes to take the exam at the AGC Campus, then that can be arranged for.
AGC NEST Registration
The candidates wishing to appear for the AGC NEST exam need to register online using the official exam portal. The following steps will explain the 'How to?' part of the registration process.
How to register for the AGC NEST Exam?
- Visit the official website for the exam.
- The registration form appears as soon as you visit the site. Enter the required details such as name, Email Id, phone number, etc.
- The name of the candidate and the parents' name should be filled in correctly as they appear on the certificates of the candidate.
- After the completion of the application form, the details need to be verified with an OTP (One-time Password) that is sent to the candidate's mobile number.
Payment of fees: Online Mode
- After entering the OTP, click on the "Next" button.
- The payment screen appears and the candidate can proceed with the payment of the fees.
- The application form is integrated with the payment gateway. The registration fee per candidate is INR 1000/-.
- The payment can be made through debit cards(Rupay/MasterCard/VISA/Maestro), credit cards, internet banking, IMPS, cash cards/mobile wallets/UPI.
- After the payment, the candidate can select the date and time to appear for the AGC NEST.
- A provisional registration number and password will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. The candidate has to note down these details, but just in case these details are also sent via SMS and Email.
Benefits of AGC NEST
Amritsar Group of Colleges with its centralized test "AGC NEST 2021" will be a good opportunity for students who wish to study at AGC. The entrance and scholarship test will provide the students with an opportunity to get a scholarship of up to INR 1.5 Lakh.
AGC NEST Results
The test results will be displayed on the screen as soon as the candidate is done with the test. The result stats will include the number of questions answered correctly and incorrectly. This will also display the marks being awarded to the candidate and details of the scholarship that was presented to the student.