The OUCET Entrance exam is being conducted every year for various postgraduate courses, Post Graduation diploma & Integrated courses. In the same way, OUCET 2020 will be conducted this year in July. Students can apply for the exam by filling the application form on the official website.
OUCET Eligibility Criteria 2020
OUCET 2020 Syllabus has fleshed out certain eligibility criteria for admission into various courses. Also, the candidates are advised to check out the OUCET Exam pattern to understand the structure of the Examination.
Students can know about the details of the eligibility criteria by reading this page completely.
- Nationality Criterion: Only the citizens of India are eligible to apply for OUCET 2020 entrance exam.
- Domicile Criterion: Permanent residents of Telangana/Andhra Pradesh or candidates from the other states can also apply through the 15% seats reservation.
- University Board Criterion: Candidates should also satisfy the Local/Unreserved status requirements as constituted in the Telangana State Educational Institutions (Regulation of Admissions) of 1974, and the amendments that were made subsequently.
- The criterion for a Non-Indian: Candidates not of Indian origin should satisfy the rules of the Universities concerned, before applying for OUCET 2020.
OUCET 2020 Educational Qualification
The Educational Qualification criteria for taking the OUCET are as follows:
- Duration: Courses offered through OUCET 2020 are of 2 years duration.
- Minimum Eligibility Score: Candidates must have completed an undergraduate course in B.Sc. or B.A. and passed an equivalent examination with a minimum of at least 40% aggregate score.
- Candidates under reservation (SC or ST), are required only to clear the OUCET 2020 Entrance exam. Also, those candidates should have done an Undergraduate course in B.Sc. or B.A. and completed it successfully. Moreover, the requirement of SC/ST candidates is a minimum pass mark in the qualifying examination.
- Final Year Candidates: An applicant appearing for his or her final examination in their Bachelor's Programme is also eligible to apply for the entrance test. Candidates are required to produce marks memo and original mark sheet/ certificate at the time of admission. Again reiterating an important fact, in the case of SC/ST candidates having a minimum pass mark in the qualifying examination is sufficient.
OUCET 2020 Exam Age Limit
The Age limit criteria for taking the exam are as follows:
- For SC/ST Candidates: The maximum eligible age for obtaining a Fee Reimbursement in OUCET 2020 concerning SC/ST category is 34 years. However, there is no age restriction to attempt the OUCET 2020 examination.
- For EBC/Minorities/PwD: The maximum eligible age for obtaining a Fee Reimbursement in OUCET 2020 for candidates under the category of EBC/Minorities/Disables is 30 years. These specifications are as per the rules of the Government of Telangana State.
OUCET 2020 Qualifying Exam Criteria
To be eligible for admission into any programme under the OUCET, the candidate must have:
- Passed the Qualifying Examination and secured the prescribed minimum marks in the subject or programme concerned as mentioned in the information brochure.
- Qualified in Osmania University Common Entrance Test conducted by the University in the concerned subject in which admission is sought. But the qualification itself at the Entrance Test alone does not confer any right of admission into a course.
- In addition to being qualified at the Common Entrance Test, a candidate will be eligible for admission only if he/she passes the qualifying examination before the commencement of admissions process and secure the prescribed minimum marks in the subjects or programmes.
Other Important Points Regarding OUCET Exam Eligibility
Some general criteria for the OUCET 2020 Exam:
- Candidates who have completed their UG course (which comprised of a single subject) in Open or Distance Education, are not eligible to appear for OUCET 2020 exam.
- Above all candidates are requested to ensure whether they satisfy the eligibility criteria framed in the OUCET Syllabus.
- To know more about OUCET 2020 eligibility criteria, candidates can also visit the official website.
List of OUCET 2020 Courses and Subjects Codes
Given below is the list of courses and their corresponding subject codes:
OUCET (CPGET) Fine Arts Courses
|Subject Code||Name of Subject|
|11||M.A. Ancient Indian History Culture and Archaeology (AIHCA)|
|21||M.A. Islamic Studies|
|24||M.A. Theatre Arts|
OUCET (CPGET) Faculty of Social Sciences Courses
|Subject Code||Name of the Subject|
|32||M.A. Gender Studies|
|34||M.A. Journalism and Mass Communication|
|35||M.Lib.I.Sc. (2 years)/Bachelor of Library and Information Science (B.Lib.I.Sc) (1 year)|
|36||Master of Library and Information Science (M.Li.I.Sc) 1-year course|
|37||Master of Social Work (M.S.W)|
|38||Master of Human Resource Management (MHRM)|
|39||Master of Tourism Management (MTM)|
|40||M.A. Political Science|
|42||M.A. Public Administration|
OUCET (CPGET) Faculty of Commerce Courses
|Subject Code||Name of the Subject|
OUCET (CPGET) Faculty of Education Courses
|Subject Code||Name of the Subject|
OUCET (CPGET) Faculty of Science Courses
|Subject Code||Name of the Subject|
|63||M.Sc. Computer Science|
|72||M.Sc. Biochemistry/Environmental Science/Forensic Science/Genetics/Microbiology (BCESFSG&M)|
|74||M.Sc. Nutrition & Dietetics|
|75||M.Sc. Food Science & Technology|
OUCET (CPGET) PG Diploma Courses
|Subject Code||Name of the Subject|
|81||PGD in Child Psychology|
|82||PGD in Geographical Cartography|
|83||PGD in Psychological Counselling|
|84||PGD in Sericulture|
OUCET (CPGET) 5 Years Integrated Programme Courses
|OUCET (CPGET ) Subject Code||Name of the Subject|
|91||Bio-Technology (5 years Integrated)|
|92||Chemistry / Pharmaceutical Chemistry (5 years Integrated)|
|93||Economics (5 years Integrated)|
|94||M.B.A. (5 years Integrated)|
OUCET 2020 Eligibility Criteria for Faculties of Arts and Social Sciences
- Aggregate: Candidates should have passed the qualifying examination with minimum 40% marks in the aggregate of Part-II (or Part-I) for languages.
- Compartment: Candidates who have passed their Undergraduate exam compartmentally are also eligible. However, they should not have scored less than the minimum 40% marks in the aggregate of Part II.
|Course||Duration||Entrance Test to be taken||Eligibility Conditions|
|M.A English||Two Years||English||Must have studied the concerned language either in Part-I or in Part-II of the qualifying examination for at least two years and a minimum of 200 marks.Must have obtained 40% marks in that part (Part-I or Part-II of the qualifying examination), where the candidate has studied the concerned language.|
|M.A Hindi||Two Years||Hindi|
|M.A Telugu||Two Years||Telugu|
|M.A Arabic||Two Years||Arabic|
|M.A Urdu||Two Years||Urdu|
|M.A Sanskrit||Two Years||Sanskrit|
|M.A Kannada||Two Years||Kannada|
|M.A Marathi||Two Years||Marathi|
|M.A Persian||Two Years||Persian||For Persian, in addition to above 1 & 2, any graduate with Persian or Arabic or Urdu as one of the languages either in Part-I or Part-II is eligible.|
|M.A Economics||Two Years||Economics||40% marks in Part-II of the graduation with Economics subject as an optional. The candidate must have studied at least four papers of 100 marks each in Economics subject at graduation level.|
|M.A History||Two Years||History||40% marks in Part-II of the graduation with History subject as an optional. The candidate must have studied at least four papers of 100 marks each in History subject at graduation level.|
|M.A Political Science||Two Years||Political Science||40% marks in Part-II of the graduation with Political Science subject as an optional. The candidate must have studied at least four papers of 100marks each in Political Science subject at graduation level.|
|M.A Public Administration||Two Years||Public Administration||40% marks in Part-II of the graduation with Public Administration subject as an optional. The candidate must have studied at least four papers of 100marks each in Public Administration subject at graduation level.|
|M.A Philosophy||Two Years||Philosophy||Any B.A/B.Sc /B.Com. Graduate (except oriental) with 40% marks.|
|M.A Sociology||Two Years||Sociology||Any Graduate (except oriental) with 40% marks.|
|M.A MSW||Two Years||MSW||Any Graduate (except oriental) with 40% marks.|
|M.A AIHCA`||Two Years||AIHCA||Any Graduate (except oriental) with 40% marks.|
|Journalism and Mass Communication||Two Years||Journalism and Mass Communication||Any Graduate (except oriental) with 40% marks.|
|B.Lib.I.Sc.||One Year||M.Lib.I.Sc (2 years) /
Bachelor of Library and Information Science (B.Lib.I.Sc)
|Any Graduate with 40% marks.|
|M.Lib.I.Sc||One Year||M.Lib.I.Sc (1 year)||B.Lib.I.Sc. with 40% marks.|
|M.A Psychology||Two Years||Psychology||40% marks in Part-II with Psychology as an optional at B.A. / B.M.R. / M.Ed. / M.A.(Education) / M.Sc. (Home Science) / Diploma in Child Psychology or Industrial Psychology.|
|M.A Islamic Studies||Two Years||Islamic Studies|| Any graduate with Islamic studies / Philosophy / History / Commerce / Sociology / Political Science / Economics / Urdu / Persian / Arabic as one of the optional in Part-II with 40& marks.
Any graduate with Arabic / Persian / Urdu as the second language in part-I with 40% marks.
Any graduate (with 40% marks) with Diploma in Arabic / Persian / Urdu from OU or any recognized institution by OU.
|M.A Linguistics||Two Years||Linguistics||A Graduate (with 40% marks in Part-II) in B.A. / B.Sc./ B.Com. with any language subject having studied for two years for a minimum of 200 marks.|
|M.A Theatre Arts||Two Years||Theatre Arts||Any B.A/B.Sc /B.Com. Graduate (except oriental) with 40% marks. The candidates must have a minimum of two years of stage experience. The knowledge of Telugu is desirable. Candidates who are dumb, deaf or blind or stammer or Physically Handicapped are not eligible. Candidates qualified for the entrance test have to appear for an aptitude test.|
- B.Com candidates are not eligible for M.A. Economics.
- For languages course, a candidate with an undergraduate programme in B.E., B.Tech, B.Pharm etc is not eligible.
- The candidates with other than B.A./B.Sc./B.Com, the qualifications like B.E., B. Tech., B. Pharmacy, LLB (5 yrs), B.C.A., etc. must go through the eligibility conditions before applying to ensure their eligibility.
OUCET 2020 Eligibility Criteria for Faculties of Science
- Qualification: Candidates should have done the course in B.Sc., B.A., and completed its equivalent examination with minimum 40% marks in the aggregate of Part-II (for SC/ST candidates, a pass in the qualifying examination is sufficient) and studied the subject(s) mentioned in column(3) of the Table below as optional(s) at the bachelor’s degree level.
- The candidates who have passed their bachelor's programme exam compartmentally, and secured the required percentage of marks are also eligible.
|Subject (s)||Entrance Test to be written||Subject(s) compulsory to have been taken at Under Graduate Level|
|Computer Science||Computer Science||Mathematics and Computer Science Mathematics and Computer Applications|
|Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Mathematics with Computer Science||Mathematics||Mathematics|
|Statistics, Applied Statistics||Statistics||Statistics, and Mathematics|
|Physics, Astronomy, Astrophysics, Geophysics||Physics||Physics and Mathematics|
|Electronics||Electronics||Electronics and Mathematics|
|Geography||Geography||B.A. with Geography or B.Sc. with Geography|
|Geology, Applied Geochemistry||Geology||Geology|
|Geo-informatics||Geo-informatics||B.A. with Geography or B.Sc. / B.Tech. / B.E. / B.C.A Graduate|
|Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Environmental Science, Forensic Science, Genetics, Microbiology||Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Environmental Science, Forensic Science, Genetics, Microbiology (BCBTESFSG&M)||
|Nutrition & Dietetics||Nutrition & Dietetics||
- The candidates having a graduation in B.Pharm./B.Sc.(MLT)/B.Sc. (Nursing)/B.Sc. (Agriculture)/ B.Sc (Home Science)/ B.Tech./ B.E. are not eligible for M.Sc. Courses. However B.E./B.Tech graduation is eligible for M.Sc (Geo-Informatics) and any B.Sc. graduates are eligible for M.Sc. (Geography).
- Candidates who have passed B.Sc. (Chemical Technology) in Loyola Academy, Secunderabad is eligible for admission into M.Sc. Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and Biochemistry.
- Candidates who have passed B.Sc. with i) Maths, Physics and Computer & Information Science offered by University College for Women, Koti, Hyderabad ii) B.Sc. (Computer Science Engineering) offered by Loyola Academy, Secunderabad is eligible for admission into M.Sc. Computer Science. However, BCA candidates are not eligible for M.Sc. Computer Science.
- Candidates who have passed B.Sc. with Biological Chemistry offered by University College for Women, Koti, Hyderabad are eligible for admission into M.Sc. (Chemistry) and BCBTESFSG&M courses.
Reservation for in-service teachers/Laboratory Assistant:
- Two seats in each of the subjects, viz. Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Botany, and Zoology are reserved for in-service Teacher / Lab. Assistants sponsored by the relevant authority, are subject to appearance and qualifying at the Entrance Test.
- Out of these two seats, one seat is reserved for teaching candidates and the other one is for Lab Assistant.
The criteria for admission are given below:
- Entrance test: The candidate should qualify for the Entrance Test in the subject(s) concerned.
- Service: The candidates should have put in a minimum of three years of continuous service.
- Teacher candidates are to be sponsored by the Director of School Education, Government of Telangana. The Laboratory Assistants should be sponsored by the Director of Higher Education, Govt. of Telangana. (this applies to Laboratory Assistants working in Govt. Colleges and Govt. Aided Private Colleges). For Laboratory Assistants Working in Campus and Constituent Colleges of O.U., a letter of permission from the Registrar, Osmania University should be submitted. Such Teacher candidates/Lab. Assistants have to submit the relieving order from their respective institutions before joining the course without which, their admission will not be entertained.
- Supernumerary seat for M.Sc. Geophysics: One supernumerary seat is reserved for a nominee of National Geophysical Research Institute (NGRI) at the University College of Science. They are required to take the Entrance Test and become eligible.
OUCET 2020 Eligibility Criteria for Faculty of Commerce
The following table contains the various Commerce Courses and their corresponding details.
|Commerce||Duration||Entrance Test to be taken||Eligibility Conditions|
|M.Com||Two years||M.Com||B.Com. with 40% marks in Part-II (A pass in the qualifying examination is sufficient for SC/ST candidates)|
|P.G. Diploma in Taxation||One year|
OUCET 2020 Eligibility Criteria for Faculty of Education
The following table contains the courses of Education and their corresponding details
|Course||Duration||Entrance Test to be taken||Eligibility Conditions (as per NCTE Guidelines)|
|M.Ed.*||Two years||M.Ed.||B.Ed. Degree with 55% Marks (50% for SC/ST/BC candidates)|
|M.P.Ed.||Two years||M.P.Ed||B.P.Ed./B.P.E. with 55% Marks (50% for SC/ST/BC candidates)|
*Special category seats are within the sanctioned intake.
Eligibility for OUCET 2020 PG Diploma Course
The following table contains the list of PG diploma courses and their corresponding details
|P.G. Diploma in Digital Information Management (PGDD IM)||A pass in M.Lib.I.Sc or B.Lib.I.Sc. or an equivalent course.|
|P.G. Diploma in Applied Linguistics||P.G. Degree in Language/Literature or M.Sc. in Speech and Hearing or any other related subject which offers any one of the branches (Theoretical or Applied) of linguistics as one of the papers.|
|P.G. Diploma in Museology||For fresh candidates: i) A Pass in M.A. (A.I.H.C.A.) with 50% marks with Museology as one of the subjects of study or ii) A pass in M.A. (History) with Medieval History paper as a specialization with 50% marks. For in-service candidates: i) A pass in Bachelor Degree with 3 years of relevant experience in museums. Out of 12 seats, 6 seats will be offered for fresh candidates and remain 6 seats for the in-service candidates.|
|P.G. Diploma in Archival Science and Manuscriptology||For fresh candidates: A pass in M.A. (A.I.H.C.A) / M.A (History) / M.A. (Indian Culture) with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks.For in-service candidates: I) A Bachelor Degree with 3-year relevant experience in Archives / Record rooms and libraries including Oriental manuscript libraries. Out of 12 seats, 6 seats are offered for fresh students and remaining 6 seats are offered for in-service candidates.|
|PG Diploma in Geographical Cartography||i) B.A., B.Sc., or M.Sc. degree of a recognized University in Geography, Geology, Economics, Statistics or Mathematics with 40% of marks in the aggregate or ii) Five-year Diploma in Architecture, Fine Arts or Commercial Arts with a minimum of 40% marks in the aggregate or iii) Bachelor of Architecture or iv) Graduate of any University with 40% of marks in the aggregate with at least one year experience in mapping in a Government / Quasi-Government Institution.|
|PG Diploma in Psychological Counselling||B.A. Psychology/ B.Ed./ Degree or Diploma in Rehabilitation Psychology/ B.Sc. Nursing/ B.S.W./ M.Sc. Home Science with Child Development/ Bachelor Degree in Physiotherapy/ Bachelor of Medicine/ Bachelor of Law/ P.G. Diploma in Marriage and Family Counselling/ P. G. Diploma in Child Psychology/ P. G. Diploma in Personnel Management and Industrial Relations. For applying to the course, a minimum of 40% marks in the qualifying examination is required.|
*A pass in the qualifying examination is sufficient for SC/ST candidates.
Eligibility Conditions for OUCET 2020 5-year Integrated P.G. Programmes
The following table contains the list of 5-year integrated PG programs and their corresponding details
|Name of the Course||Eligibility Conditions||Entrance Test that has to be taken|
|M.Sc. in Chemistry||The Applicants must have passed 10+2 education (Intermediate or equivalent with MPC / BPC/ MBPC Groups) as recognized by Board of Intermediate Education, T.S. with a minimum of 50% marks (a pass mark is sufficient for SC/ST candidates).||Chemistry(5yrs.)|
|M.Sc in Pharmaceutical Chemistry|
|M.A. in Applied Economics||The Applicants must have passed 10+2 education (Intermediate or equivalent with 50% marks (a pass mark is sufficient for SC / ST candidates).||Economics(5yrs.)|
|M.B.A||The Applicants must have passed 10+2 education(Intermediate or equivalent) with 50% marks (a pass mark is sufficient for SC / ST candidates).||M.B.A(5yrs.)|