Presidency University is a public university owned by the state of West Bengal, which was founded in the year 1817. It was priorly known as Hindu College. Since 2010, it has been changed to the University status making it Presidency University.
Various courses in science and humanities are taught at Presidency University at bachelor and masters level. The students can specialize in any of the available subjects.
For admission into these courses, Presidency University conducts PUBDET, i.e., Presidency University Bachelor's Degree Entrance Test and PUMDET, i.e., Presidency University Masters Degree Entrance Test.
- What is PUMDET?
- PUMDET 2021 Exam Date
- PUMDET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- PUMDET 2021 Application Process
- PUMDET 2021 Admit Card
- PUMDET 2021 Exam Centers
- PUMDET 2021 Exam Pattern
- PUMDET 2021 Syllabus
- PUMDET 2021 Result
- PUMDET 2021 Counselling
- How to prepare for PUMDET 2021?
What is PUMDET?
PUMDET is an entrance test conducted by Presidency University. It is an acronym for the ‘Presidency University Masters Degree Entrance Test.’ This test is organized by the WBJEEB, i.e., West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam Board for admission into Presidency University’s two-year master’s level courses like MA, MSc.
Applicants can choose between any one of the papers for admission into the corresponding course.
- Applied Economics
- Applied Geology
- Life Sciences
- Plant Biotechnology/Microbial Biotechnology
Humanities and Social sciences
- Political Science
- Philosophy/Sociology/Performing Arts
Please note that Plant Biotechnology/Microbial Biotechnology will be considered as one paper at the time application and Entrance test. Similarly, Philosophy/Sociology/Performing Arts will also be regarded as a single choice at the time of application and entrance test.
The eligible applicants will be permitted to choose only one course of study during PUMDET Counseling.
Some notable highlights of the PUMDET 2021 Exam are mentioned below in the table.
|Name of the Exam||Presidency University Masters Degree Entrance Test|
|Conducting Body||Presidency University, Kolkata|
PUMDET 2021 Exam Dates
According to the official notification released by WBJEEB, the registrations for the PUMDET 2021 exam will start from Mar 12, 2021, and the last date for registration will be Apr 20, 2021. The exam will be held at Apr 10, 2021. Applicants are encouraged to regularly check the website for the latest updates about PUMDET 2021 Exam Dates.
|PUMDET 2021 Application start date||Mar 12, 2021|
|PUMDET 2021 Application end date||Apr 20, 2021|
|Correction in Online Application||To be announced|
|Last date of correction in online Application||To be announced|
|PUMDET 2021 Admit card release date||Apr 3, 2021|
|PUMDET 2021 Exam date||Apr 10, 2021|
|PUMDET 2021 Result date||May 9, 2021|
PUMDET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
To fit the eligibility criteria for the PUMDET 2021 application,
- Candidate must be a citizen of India.
- No lower or upper limit for age is present when applying for PUMDET 2021.
To fit the eligibility criteria for PUMDET 2021 admission in OPEN quota i.e., NON-PU.
- The candidate must have appeared for the BSc [Honours] or BA [Honours] in 2021 from any recognized university, or the candidate must have passed the exam not before than 2019.
- Candidates who have appeared for their final exam in BA [Honours]/BSc [Honours] and have not yet received their results at the time of PUMDET 2021 Counseling must obtain the original mark sheets of all the semesters or annual exams passed at their Bachelor’s study.
- Candidates who do not have their final results at the time of PUMDET 2021 Counseling will be given provisional admission into the course based on original mark sheets of all the previous exams passed at the Bachelor’s level.
- The candidate must get the minimum required percentage of marks/CGPA in their major/honours subject, as given in the table below.
Refer to the table below for PG Courses PUMDET 2021 Eligibility in Humanities and Social Science
|PG Courses||Majors/Honours Subjects||Minimum percentage required of marks/CGPA/major Subject category wise|
|English||English||50% or 5.5||‘a’||‘c’||‘e’|
|Hindi||Hindi||50% or 5.5||‘a’||‘c’||‘e’|
|Bengali||Bengali||50% or 5.5||‘a’||‘c’||‘e’|
|Political Science||Political Science||50% or 5.5||‘a’||‘c’||‘e’|
|Philosophy||Any Subject||50% or 5.5||‘a’||‘c’||‘e’|
|History||History||50% or 5.5||‘a’||‘c’||‘e’|
|Sociology||Any Subject||50% or 5.5||‘a’||‘c’||‘e’|
|Performing arts||Performing arts/Any allied field||50% or 5.5||‘a’||‘c’||‘e’|
Refer to the table below for PG Courses PUMDET 2021 Eligibility in Science
|PG Courses||Majors/Honours Subjects||Minimum percentage required of marks/CGPA/major Subject category wise|
|Chemistry||Chemistry||55% or 6.0||‘b||‘d||‘f’|
|Physics||Physics||55% or 6.0||‘b’||‘d’||‘f’|
|Mathematics||Mathematics||55% or 6.0||‘b’||‘d’||‘f’|
|Statistics||Statistics||55% or 6.0||‘b’||‘d||‘f’|
|Geography||Geography||55% or 6.0||‘b’||‘d||‘f’|
|Applied Economics||Economics||55% or 6.0||‘b’||‘d’||‘f’|
|Applied Geology||Geology||55% or 6.0||‘b’||‘d||‘f’|
|Life Sciences||Any branch of Life Sciences||55% or 6.0||‘b’||‘d’||‘f’|
|Plant Biotechnology/Microbial Biotechnology||Any branch of Life Sciences[Major/Honours] with Chemistry in graduation [minor/pass course] level/ Biotechnology [Major/Honours]/ Chemistry [Major/Honours]||55% or 6.0||‘b’||‘d’||‘f’|
Please refer below,
- 'a' means 37.5% or 4.124 or the qualifying percentage/CGPA of the corresponding university, whichever is higher.
- 'b' means 41.25% or 4.50 or the qualifying percentage/CGPA of the corresponding university, whichever is higher.
- 'c' means 45% or 4.95 or the qualifying percentage/CGPA of the corresponding university, whichever is higher.
- 'd' means 49.5% or 5.40 or the qualifying percentage/CGPA of the corresponding university, whichever is higher.
- 'e' means 47.5% or 5.225 or the qualifying percentage/CGPA of the corresponding university, whichever is higher.
- 'f' means 52.25% or 5.70 or the qualifying percentage/CGPA of the corresponding university, whichever is higher.
Important details applicants should note regarding PUMDET 2021 Eligibility
- WBJEEB does not verify any details which are given by the applicant during the PUMDET Online Application. Neither does it check any documents provided by the candidate. The WBJEEB issues PUMDET 2021 Admit Cards based on the candidate's information at the time of online application.
- The verification of all the candidate's information and documents is done at the time of PUMDET 2021 Counseling.
- Suppose it is found at any stage after the PUMDET 2021 Exam that the candidate does not fit the PUMDET 2021 Eligibility Criteria. In that case, the candidature shall be cancelled regardless of the candidate securing Merit Rank in the PUMDET 2021 Examination.
PUMDET 2021 Application Process
The application process for PUMDET 2021 is entirely online. The PUMDET 2021 Application process is quite interactive. Candidates will be able to fill the application form from Mar 12, 2021 and the last date to submit the application form will be Apr 20, 2021.
Candidates should note that they must have a valid mobile number and a valid email id throughout the complete admission procedure for PUMDET 2021 as the Board will communicate all the necessary information to the candidate using the contact details provided by the candidate.
The information which is entered in the application must be correct since it cannot be modified later. Candidates should also note that the information given by them must match with documents they will provide during PUMDET 2021 Exam, PUMDET 2021 Counseling, and PUMDET 2021 Admissions.
Detailed steps for the online application for PUMDET 2021 are given below.
Filling the application for PUMDET 2021
- The candidate should go to the official the WBJEE website for registration of the PUMDET 2021 Exam then select the option “Application Form”.
- After that candidates need to fill in information like name, the name of their mother and father, date of birth, gender, contact details like phone number and email id, identification type and number for the registration.
- In the next step, candidates have to enter their other contact information like postal address, pin code, email id, landline number, and alternative mobile number, if available.
- Then the candidate is required to choose a password and security question along with the answer.
- Now candidates can check and review the information and change the data entered by them if necessary. It is essential to do before submitting these details.
- Afterwards, an application number will be created, and it will be displayed on the screen. An email/SMS will be sent on their registered email id and mobile number.
- Candidates must not forget their application number and security question/answer. In case the password is forgotten, they can make use of the ‘FORGOT PASSWORD’ option for which they will need application number and security question/answer.
- Candidates can now login with their application number and password.
- At this point, candidates can now fill in other personal information like domicile, home district, category, PwD status, nationality, religion, etc.
- Candidates will need to select three exam zones in order of their choice. Candidates are advised to review this information before submission.
Scanning and uploading document for PUMDET 2021
The candidates need to upload the scanned copies of their coloured photograph, which is passport size along with their signature.
- Should be taken against a white background.
- Should be recently taken and the candidate should have multiple copies of the same photograph as that photograph will be needed throughout the entire procedure.
- Should not be a low-quality image such as taken by a phone camera. In this case, an automatic rejection will be triggered.
- Should be of dimensions 4cm x 3cm
- Should have JPEG, JPG, PNG format while uploading
- Should have file size below 100kb
- Should be on white paper with black ink
- Should be of dimension 4cm x 1.5cm
- Should have JPEG, JPG, PNG format while uploading
- Should have file size below 100kb.
These documents must comply with the rules above; otherwise, the PUMDET 2021 Admit Card will not be issued. If any discrepancy arises, then the candidate shall receive an SMS. The candidate must log in and re-upload the documents accordingly.
Payment of the fees for PUMDET 2021
The candidate will get redirected to the Payment page automatically after uploading the documents. The application fee for the PUMDET 2021 is INR 500 along with the Bank charges. Once the fee is paid, one cannot receive a refund in any case. The applicant can make payment via Net banking/Credit Card/Debit Card.
The applicant will be directed towards a “Confirmation page” upon the successful completion of the fee payment. After the successful payment of the fees, the application will be considered complete.
PUMDET 2021 Admit Card
The date for the release of PUMDET 2021 Admit Card is Apr 3, 2021. Once the PUMDET 2021 Admit Card has been released, students can download and print a copy of it. Candidates must bring their PUMDET 2021 Admit Card in the examination centre.
PUMDET 2021 Exam Centers
The candidate is allowed to choose three exam centres in order of their preference. PUMDET 2021 Exam Centre allocation will be carried out on the preference given by the candidate. Allocated Examination centres will not be changed under any circumstance. Following is the list of PUMDET Exam centres.
PUMDET 2021 Exam Pattern
PUMDET Exam is held only once a year for admission into Presidency University. Under any condition, the exam will not be conducted more than once.
The PUMDET 2021 is of the objective type where students will get four options for a question and then will have to choose the correct option. The students will be handed an OMR sheet, i.e. Optical Machine Response Sheet. The students will have to select the option by darkening the appropriate circle out of four alternatives. Students should use a blue or black ballpoint pen only.
The PUMDET 2021 Exam will be for 3 hours, i.e. 90 minutes. Each PUMDET 2021 Question Paper will contain a total of 50 questions, and total marks will be 100 and a penalty for wrong answers.
|PUMDET 2021 Mode||Paper-based/Offline|
|PUMDET 2021 Question Type||Multiple Choice Question/Objective|
|PUMDET 2021 Duration||3 Hours or 90 Minutes|
|PUMDET 2021 Total Marks||100|
|PUMDET 2021 Marking Scheme||+2 -1/2|
PUMDET 2021 Syllabus
The WBJEEB has shared the syllabus of PUMDET 2021 for each PG program. The syllabus is different for each major/specialization. Please refer to the table below for detailed information on PUMDET 2021 Syllabus.
For the PG courses in Humanities and Social Sciences,
|Hindi||Undergraduate Hindi [Honours/Major] syllabus of Presidency University or its equivalent of any recognized Indian University|
|English||Undergraduate English [Honours/Major] syllabus of Presidency University or its equivalent of any recognized Indian University|
|Bengali||Undergraduate Bengali [Honours/Major] syllabus of Presidency University or its equivalent of any recognized Indian University|
|Political Science||Undergraduate Political Science [Honours/Major] syllabus of Presidency University or its equivalent of any recognized Indian University|
|History||Undergraduate History [Honours/Major] syllabus of Presidency University or its equivalent of any recognized Indian University|
|Philosophy/Sociology/Performing Arts||English Language [40 marks] and Logical Reasoning [60 marks] of Undergraduate Pass Course level.|
For the PG courses in Science,
|Chemistry||Undergraduate Chemistry [Honours/Major] syllabus of Presidency University or its equivalent of any recognized Indian University|
|Physics||Undergraduate Physics [Honours/Major] syllabus of Presidency University or its equivalent of any recognized Indian University|
|Geography||Undergraduate Geography [Honours/Major] syllabus of Presidency University or its equivalent of any recognized Indian University|
|Mathematics||Undergraduate Mathematics [Honours/Major] syllabus of Presidency University or its equivalent of any recognized Indian University|
|Statistics||Undergraduate Statistics [Honours/Major] syllabus of Presidency University or its equivalent of any recognized Indian University|
|Applied Economics||Undergraduate Economics[Honours/Major] courses in Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Mathematical Economics, Statistics and Econometrics syllabus of Presidency University or its equivalent of any recognized Indian University|
|Applied Geology||Undergraduate Geology [Honours/Major] syllabus of Presidency University or its equivalent of any recognized Indian University|
|Life Science||Common topics of BSc[Honours/Major] in various division of Life Science of Presidency University or its equivalent of any recognized Indian University|
|Plant Biotechnology/Microbial Biotechnology||Undergraduate Life Sciences[Honours/Major] syllabus of Presidency University or its equivalent of any recognized Indian University[80 marks] and Chemistry in graduation [minor/pass course] level [20 marks]|
PUMDET 2021 Result
The PUMDET 2021 Result will be declared as a Rank Card. This card will have the ranks and total score of the candidate. By logging into their WBJEE account, candidates can check the result and download the scorecard.
The result of the PUMDET Exam is generally declared in a month after the date of examination. As of now, the date of PUMDET 2021 is to be announced, so there is no way to know when the PUMDET 2021 Result will be declared. Applicants should keep checking the official website.
As mentioned above, there is no PUMDET Merit List or any Rank List. The students can find their scores only by logging into their accounts.
PUMDET 2021 Counselling
The PUMDET 2021 Counseling will take place after the declaration of the result of PUMDET 2021. An independent notification for the PUMDET 2021 Counseling will come out soon after the result declaration. Candidates will need to carry certain documents with them as document verification will be done at the time of PUMDET 2021 Counselling. If any discrepancy is found, the candidate will be disqualified. Following is a list of documents one must carry to the PUMDET 2021 Counselling.
- Class 10 and 12 Marksheet
- Class 10 and 12 Certificate
- Degree Certificate
- Valid Identity Proof
- Domicile Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Caste Certificate [if applicable]
- Recent Passport Size Photographs
- Scorecard of PUMDET 2021 Exam
How to prepare for PUMDET 2021
PUMDET is conducted for admission into MA, MSc programs at Presidency University. While preparing for the PUMDET 2021, the first thing to do is to understand the PUMDET 2021 Exam Pattern and go through the PUMDET 2021 Syllabus. Then students should cover all the subjects studied at the undergraduate level in their respective fields of study which will be mostly asked in the PUMDET 2021 exam.
PUMDET 2021 Previous Year Question Papers
When students are done revising for their respective subjects for PUMDET 2021, they should consider solving previous year question papers for more practice. The PUMDET 2021 Previous Year Question Papers for every subject are available on the WBJEEB site in the PDF format. The candidates can download these PDFs for convenience from the official and practice using these question papers. Mentioned below are the links to some of the PUMDET Previous Year Question Papers is available on the official website: