The WBJEEB or West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board came into fruition in 1962. The Government of West Bengal is authorized for conducting the joint Entrance examination concerning admission to various institutions in West Bengal. The board conducts the WBJEEB PUBDET exam for candidates to gain access to the undergraduate courses in three-year B.A/B.Sc (Honors) courses at the Presidency University.
- March 19, 2021: The application forms for PUBDET 2021 has been released. The last day to apply for the same on April 08, 2021. The official authorities will open the application correction window from April 09, 2021, till April 10, 2021. The interested candidates can apply from the direct link given below.
- What is PUBDET?
- PUBDET 2021 Notification
- PUBDET 2021 Exam Date
- PUBDET 2021 Eligibility
- PUBDET 2021 Application Form
- PUBDET 2021 Exam Pattern
- PUBDET 2021 Syllabus
- PUBDET 2021 Admit Card
- PUBDET 2021 Result
- PUBDET 2021 Counselling
- PUBDET 2021 Exam Preparation
- Contact Details
What is PUBDET?
Presidency University Bachelor's Degree Entrance Test (PUBDET) is an entrance exam conducted by the WBJEEB for admission in undergraduate courses in three-year B.A/B.Sc(Honours) programme at the Presidency University.
|Exam Name||Presidency University Bachelor's Degree Entrance Test|
|Conducting Body||Presidency University, Kolkata|
|Mode||Common Entrance Examination Offline Mode (OMR based examination)|
|Exam Date||To be announced|
PUBDET 2021 Notification
The official notification for the PUBDET 2021 exam dates has been announced. The application process for PUBDET 2021 starts from Jan 9, 2021. For more details, candidates must keep themselves updated with the latest updates about the exam.
PUBDET 2021 Exam Date
The PUBDET 2021 exam date will be released soon on the official website. Meanwhile, candidates can refer to the table below for the tentative dates of PUBDET 2021.
|Application Form Start Date||Jan 9, 2021|
|Submission of Application Last Date||Feb 6, 2021|
|Admit Card||May 28, 2021 (Tentative)|
|Date of Examination||Jun 24, 2021 (Tentative)|
|Publication of Result||Jul 20, 2021 (Tentative|
PUBDET 2021 Eligibility
Candidates who are planning to apply for the examination are advised to go through the eligibility criteria. The eligibility criteria for PUBDET 2021 application are as follows:
A PUBDET 2021 applicant must be an Indian Citizen.
There is no upper or lower age limit.
PUBDET 2021 Academic Qualification
For candidates to be eligible for the examination, they must meet the academic qualification as mentioned below:
- Candidates must have passed in the Higher Secondary Examination, not before 2019 or appeared in 2020 and 2021, conducted by the council of Higher Secondary Education, West Bengal or any equivalent examination.
- Candidates must pass any of the examinations as mentioned below, with at least five recognised subjects (full marks of each test = not less than 100), including the English language and excluding environmental science. The aggregate will be calculated based on the best four recognised subjects.
- Candidates with International Baccalaureate or International A level must have at least three subjects at the IGCSE level and three subjects at the A degree, with English in either of the two-levels.
- As per the following table in his/her qualifying examination in the 12th standard, a candidate must secure a minimum aggregate score.
PUBDET 2021 Application Form
Candidates can submit the PUBDET 2021 Application Form on the official website of WBJEEB. All applicants must read the instructions carefully before filling out the application form.
PUBDET 2021 Application Fee
All candidates are required to complete the application fee payment prior to the final submission of the application. Once the candidate has uploaded his image, they are directed to the fee payment section. The PUBDET 2021 Application Fee details are given below:
- The fees can be paid only by net banking/credit card/debit card.
- The fee payable is INR 500 as well as the Bank's Service Charges as applicable.
- The amount paid will not be refundable under any situation or circumstance.
Other Important Application Details:
- The application process is only available via the online mode.
- Candidates are required to have a mobile number and Email ID, as all the communication will be sent to the registered mobile number and email ID.
- The details regarding your name, parents name, gender, and date of birth entered and submitted cannot be changed under normal circumstances.
The information provided must match precisely with your other documents such as your marks sheet, certificates, photo identity cards, caste/category, etc.
- Candidates are advised not to share their application number, password, security question answer with anyone.
- If any information provided by the candidate has to be corrected, then it can only be done by the given period notified by the board. After this, the authorities will not allow any correction after that.
- After the online payment is completed, the system will automatically generate the confirmation page, which the candidate has to download.
PUBDET 2021 Application Process
Candidates applying for the examination are required to go through the procedure on how they can apply for the exam below:
- Go to the official WBJEEB website.
- Select the “examination” tab and click on the online application.
- Fill in details such as Mother's name, father’s name, contact number, and email id for primary registration.
- A new user ID and password will be generated.
- You will need to log in with your credentials and enter the remaining application details such as educational qualification, caste, address, etc.
- Upload your scanned signature & photo according to the size given below.
- Upload all the important documents that are stated.
- Pay the application fee, which is INR 500 plus the bank's service charges for all categories.
- Review the application form, make sure it is free of any errors, and submit the form.
- You can then download and print out the Application form.
Guidelines for Uploading Scanned Photograph and Signature
- The photograph has to be a recently clicked one.
- Photos that are of low quality or low resolution will get rejected.
- The background of the photograph has to be white.
- At Least 50% of the candidate's face should occupy the photograph.
- Tinted Glasses or dark spectacles are not acceptable.
- Candidates must make sure that the same photograph is produced when entering the examination centre, counselling admission, and registration with the university. If the images do not conform to the specified requirement at any time, the admit card will not be issued.
Below are the details regarding the format of the images:
|Photograph||JPG/JPEG||3 kb to 100 kb||4cmx3cm|
|Signature||JPG/JPEG||3 kb to 30 kb||4cmx1.5cm|
PUBDET 2021 Exam Pattern
The PUBDET question pattern will have questions in each subject that will be of multiple-choice questions (MCQ) type. The details of the PUBDET 2021 Exam Pattern are given below:
|Type of Exam||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Total no. of questions||50|
Mode of examination
It is a standard entrance examination in offline mode (OMR based tests)
Papers of Examination
Candidates can apply for a maximum of two papers from the following list:
- Life Sciences
- Philosophy/Sociology/Performing Arts*
- Political Science
*The combination of subjects will be considered as a single choice during application and entrance test. Eligible candidates during counselling will be allowed to select only one course of study.
PUBDET 2021 Scoring Methodology
- Each question will have four answer options
- Only one option is correct
- The right answer will yield two marks
- Wrong answers will result in 1/2 marks negative marking
- Unanswered questions are marked as zero
Other Important Points
- Candidates will have to answer the questions in the especially designer OMR sheet, which will be evaluated by Optical mark recognition method
- Applicants will have to darken the appropriate circle completely with a blue/black ballpoint pen
- It is advised not to cross mark, marking outside the bubble, a single tick mark, a dot mark, circling on the answer, erasing, white ink, etc., which will lead to wrong or partial reading of the response.
- Candidates have to make sure that they are confident about their answers as response marking cannot be edited or erased or modified at a later stage.
PUBDET 2021 Syllabus
The PUBDET exam syllabus is based on the 11th and 12th standard syllabi of various recognised councils.
Below is a table for subject wise syllabus:
Paper:Syllabus: Language of Question Paper
- Bengali:Bengali: Bengali
- English:English: English
- Hindi:Hindi: Hindi
- History: History and English language(80 + 20)*: English and Bengali
- Philosophy/Sociology/ Performing Arts: Logical Reasoning and English language(60+40)*: English
- Political Science: Political Science and English science language (80+20)*: English and Bengali
- Chemistry:Chemistry: English and Bengali
- Economics: Mathematics and English (70+30)*: English and Bengali
- Geography: Geography and Basic Science (50+50)*: English and Bengali
- Geology: Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry (40+30+30)*: English and Bengali
- Life Sciences: Biology: English and Bengali
- Mathematics:Mathematics: English and Bengali
- Physics:Physics: English and Bengali
- Statistics:Mathematics: English and Bengali
*Where a paper contains more than one topic, the distribution of full marks is within parenthesis.
PUBDET 2021 Admit Card
The PUBDET 2021 admit card will be released at the official website. The board will notify regarding the release date on the official website of the WBJEEb and candidates will have to download the admit card directly from the website
How to download the PUBDET 2021 Admit Card?
- Go to the official WBJEEB website.
- Search for "PUBDET" link on the home page and click on it.
- You will be directed to the PUBDET page.
- Log in by entering your credentials.
- Fill in the relevant information, i.e. application form, number, password, and security pin.
- PUBDET admit card is displayed on your screen
- Verify the information and print out the admit card.
- Candidates are required to take the printed hard copy of the admit card to the examination centre.
- Admit cards that are mutilated or soiled by accident by the candidates, and they will not be allowed to appear in the examination.
- A candidate is required to pay a processing fee of INR 500 by a bank draft in the name of " West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board" payable in Kolkata for a duplicate admit card.
PUBDET 2021 Result
The PUBDET result for 2021 will be announced on the official portal of the WBJEEB, in online mode. The results are released in the form of rank cards, for which details are given below.
Step by step process on how to check PUBDET 2021 Result
- Aspirants will have to visit the official website of WBJEEB to check their rank.
- Click on the 'PUBDET 2021 Rank cards’ Tab.
- Fill in details such as your date of birth and roll number.
- Print and download the result which you will need during the counselling process.
PUBDET 2021 Rank Card
The merit rank chart is prepared by the board on the basis of the candidates’ scores in the entrance tests. Candidates can view and download the rank card, which will contain the score and rank.
- The rank card will be in the name and style of GMR (General Merit Rank).
- The ranking done is in the descending order of marks scored in the entrance test.
- All respective categories of students that belong to SC Rank, ST Rank, OBC-A rank, OBC-B Rank, Pwd rank, will receive a specific reserved category merit position.
- Based on GMR, the counselling, admission, allotment of seats will be taken into account.
- At the time of the online application, the candidates’ birth category information will determine the category ranks.
To get an overview of the past PUBDET Result 2019, you can visit the website at www.wbjeeb.nic, where you can find past results, merit list, and the cut-off list released by the board.
PUBDET 2021 Counselling
Two rounds are held for the counselling process, the PUBDET counselling round 1 will be held between July 2021, and round 2 will be in August 2021 (tentatively).
The process is conducted based on the merit or rank cards obtained in the entrance test.
- The counselling and provisional admission is taken care of by the WBJEEB board.
- After the publication of the results, the details. regarding the counselling, seat allotment and provisional admission will be published
- The candidates’ credentials are verified at the counselling centre on dates that will be notified in due course of time.
- Admission will be closed tentatively by September 15th, 2021
Documents required during PUBDET 2021 Counseling
- 10th mark sheet
- 12th mark sheet
- Graduation degree
- Valid photo ID proof
- Domicile Certificate
- Caste Certificate
- Migration certificate
- Character Certificate
- Passport Size Photograph
- Rank card of PUBDET 2021
Note: To complete the payment or the admission process, visit the portal here - Click here.
PUBDET 2021 Exam Preparation
Candidates need to thoroughly go through the PUBDET 2021 exam pattern and syllabus and marking methodology.
Practice as much as the previous old question papers, and you can click on the below PUBDET 2019 question papers with answers pdf link for various subjects:
- PUBDET 2019 Bengali Question Paper
- PUBDET 2019 Chemistry Question Paper
- PUBDET 2019 Economics Question Paper
- PUBDET 2019 English Question Paper
- PUBDET 2019 Geography Question Paper
- PUBDET 2019 Geology Question Paper
- PUBDET 2019 Hindi Question Paper
- PUBDET 2019 Life Sciences Question Paper
- PUBDET 2019 Mathematics Question Paper
- PUBDET 2019, Philosophy, Sociology, Performing Arts Question Paper
- PUBDET 2019 Political Science Question Paper
- PUBDET 2019 Statistics Question Paper
The Controller of Examinations
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board
AQ-13/1, Sector-V, Salt Lake City, Kolkata - 700091
Examination Helpdesk-1800-1023-781, 1800-3450-050