NEET PG 2022 results is expected to be declared on Jun 20, 2022, after conducting the exam successfully. The National Board of Examinations (NBE) will release NEET PG score cards on its official website. Candidates can download the scorecards by logging into the official portal using their application number and password created at the time of registration.
Once the NBE NEET PG 2022 result is out, candidates will be shortlisted for the admission process based on the cut-off marks. The list of shortlisted candidates will be released on the official NBE website and candidates will be able to download the same.
Latest Update on NEET PG 2022
- May 16, 2022: NEET PG 2022 admit card was released on May 14, 2022 on the official website. Read More
- May 11, 2022: NEET PG 2022 will be held on May 21, 2022 according to the notice issued by NBEMS. Read More
- May 10, 2022: NEET PG 2022 candidates are asked to submit the correct images to NBE email-id by May 12, 2022. The candidates' list can be found on the official website. Read More
Table of Contents
- NEET PG 2022 Results Date
- Institutes Not Accepting NEET PG Scores
- Steps to Check NEET PG 2022 Results
- Details Mentioned on NEET PG Score Card
- NEET PG 2022 Score Card and Rank Preparation
- NEET PG 2022 Merit List
- NEET PG 2022 Cut Off
- NEET PG 2022 Result Analysis
- NEET PG 2022 Tie-Breaker
- NEET PG Types of Ranks
- NEET PG 2022 Results Validity
- NEET PG 2022 Answer Keys
- NEET PG 2021 Toppers
NEET PG 2022 Result Dates
The following are the highlights of NEET PG 2022 exam.
- NBE will procure the candidate's NBE NEET PG 2022 result and the data of the State Quota Seats/AFMS Institutes/Other Private Institutes for generating the merit list or category-wise results, as per their requirement or reservation policy.
- The Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) and the Directorate General Health Services (DGHS) have no roles to play in this matter. For NEET PG 2022 results.
|NEET PG 2022 Exam||May 21, 2022|
|NEET PG Result 2022||Jun 20, 2022 (Tentative)|
|NEET PG Score Card Release||To Be Announced|
Institutes Not Accepting NEET PG 2022 Result
Some medical institutions will not accept NEET PG 2022 Result. These institutions have their own separate entrance exam like INI CET. Find below the list of the institutions.
- AIIMS, Bhubneshwar
- AIIMS, Delhi
- AIIMS, Patna
- AIIMS, Raipur
- AIIMS, Nagpur
- AIIMS, Jodhpur
- AIIMS, Rishikesh
- AIIMS, Puducherry
- AIIMS, Chandigarh
- AIIMS, Bengaluru
- Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology, Trivandrum
Steps to Check NEET PG Result 2022
Candidates will have to use their login credentials to enter NEET PG portal and download NEET PG result 2022. Candidates can follow the steps mentioned below to download the results:
- Step 1: Visit the official NBE website
- Step 2: Click on the link for "NEET PG 2022 Result"
- Step 3: Enter the login credentials to access the portal
- Step 4: The score and qualifying status will be displayed
- Step 5: Candidates should download the scorecard and take a printout of the same for future reference
Note: Candidates should note that they can check NEET PG result 2022 on the notice board in the office of the National Board of Examinations at Ansari Nagar. NEET PG 2022 results will not be sent to any individual candidate.
Details Mentioned on NEET PG Results 2022
The following details will be mentioned on NEET PG scorecard 2022:
- Important instructions
- Candidate's photograph
- Name of the candidate
- Candidate's father's name
- Candidate's mother's name
- Roll number of the candidate
- Candidate's date of birth
- Category of the candidate
- PwD status of the candidate
- Candidate's score (out of 1200)
- Total No. of correct responses
- Total No. of wrong responses
- NEET PG 2022 rank
- NEET PG 2022 cut off
NEET PG 2022 Score Card and Rank Preparation
Firstly, NBE calculates the candidate's raw score out of 1200 by following the marking scheme mentioned below:
|NEET PG 2022 Marking Scheme||+4 Marks for Every Right Answer|
|-1 Mark for Every Wrong Answer|
|No Negative Marking for Unanswered Questions|
After the raw score of the candidate has been calculated, NBE uses them to prepare the rank of the candidate based on the cut off percentiles mentioned below:
|UR PwD||45th Percentile|
NBE prepares the merit based on the raw scores of candidates in NEET PG result 2022 and checks the marks of the 50th, 40th, and 45th percentile. The marks secured by the candidates become the cut-off score for the next year. Candidates that achieve scores equal to or greater than the cut-off marks will be eligible for the All India 50% Quota Seats.
NEET PG 2022 Merit List
Only candidates who successfully clear the exam will have their names appear in NEET PG 2022 rank list. The exam authorities will release a merit list that candidates will be able to download on the official website of NBE. NEET PG 2022 merit list will be released for the 50% All India Quota (AIQ) seats by the exam conducting authority, and the date for the same will be notified. The authorities published NEET PG 2022 merit list on the basis of the scores obtained by the candidate, where candidates would have to meet the minimum required cut-off to be eligible for the counselling process.
NEET PG 2022 merit list will contain the following details:
- Candidate's name
- Roll Number
- Category of the Candidate
- PwD Status
- 50% AIQ Rank
- 50% AIQ Category Rank
NEET PG Previous Year Cut Off
The category-wise NEET PG cut-off for 2021 is mentioned in the table below.
|Category||Percentile||Cut off Marks (out of 1500)|
|General (UR)||50th Percentile||705.9194|
Normalization of NEET PG 2022 Score
The normalization of NEET PG 2022 score includes the percentile score which equates to the minimum marks required to qualify for the examination. The percentile score will be calculated using the candidate's percentile in the exam in relation to the marks obtained by other candidates in NEET PG 2022 exam.
The table below shows the category-wise qualifying percentile required for NEET PG counselling process.
|Category||Qualifying Marks (Out of 300)||Qualifying Percentile|
NEET PG 2022 Result Analysis
NEET PG 2022 result can be analyzed from the perspective of marks vs rank, percentage vs percentile, and score vs a total number of candidates. The percentage indicates how well a candidate performed in the exam. The percentile showcases how well a candidate performed in comparison to the other candidates. To qualify for the admission rounds, general category candidates need to achieve scores equivalent to the 50th percentile, while SC, ST, and OBC candidates need to achieve scores equivalent to the 45th percentile.
NEET PG Marks vs Rank
Analysis for the revised number of NEET PG questions and total marks which are 200 and 800 respectively will be released by the authorities after the conduction of the examination. The table below showcases the marks obtained by the candidates (out of 1200) versus the subsequent expected All India NEET PG Rank:
|Marks Scored - Out of 1200||
All India Rank NEET PG (Expected)
|173 or 196||145630 - 139389|
|255 - 194||1,00,001 - 1,20,000|
|323 - 341||94848 - 88543|
|415 - 255||50,001 - 1,00,000|
|602 - 415||15,001 - 50,000|
|580 - 600||28386 - 29000|
|628 - 602||12,001 - 15,000|
|648 - 628||10,001 - 12,000|
|676 - 648||7,501 - 10,000|
|712 - 676||5,001 - 7,500|
|775 - 712||2,001 - 5,000|
|812 - 775||1,001 - 2,000|
|843 - 812||501 - 1,000|
|1000 - 895||11 - 100|
NEET PG Percentage vs Percentile
The table below shows the main differences between NEET PG percentage and percentile:
|NEET PG Percentage||NEET PG Percentile|
|Formula: Marks obtained by the candidate x 100/ Total Marks||Formula: No. of candidates with an equal or greater score than the candidate x 100/ Total No. of candidates who appeared for the examination|
NEET PG Scores vs Number of Candidates
The table below shows the scores vs the total number of candidates that appeared for the exam. The data showcased in this table is from the previous year:
|NEET PG Score Range||Number of Candidates Appeared|
|900 and above||83|
|800 - 850||847|
|750 - 800||1692|
|700 - 750||2764|
|650 - 700||4045|
|600 - 650||5252|
|550 - 600||7184|
|500 - 550||8869|
|450 - 500||10631|
|400 - 450||12235|
|350 - 400||14382|
|300 - 350||15815|
|250 - 300||17491|
|200 - 250||16701|
|150 - 200||12987|
|100 - 150||8231|
|50 - 100||3054|
|1 - 50||537|
NEET PG Result 2022: Tie-Breaking Criteria
It is quite possible that two or more candidates may get similar marks in NEET PG 2022 exam. In such cases, the following tie-breaking criteria will be followed:
- The candidate with the lowest number of negative responses in each section of the exam will be given a higher rank.
- Next, the candidate who scores the highest marks in Section-C of the question paper will be given the higher rank.
- If the tie still exists, the candidate with the lower number of negative responses in Section-C of the question paper will be given a higher rank on the merit list.
- The next criteria would see a candidate is given a higher rank if they score higher marks in Section-B of the question paper.
- Next, the candidate with the lower number of negative responses in the Section will be placed higher in the merit list.
- The next criteria are in regards to Section-A of the question paper, where the candidate that scores higher marks will be given the higher rank in the merit list.
- The last but one criterion would be the candidate who has the lower number of negative responses in Section-A will be given the higher rank.
- Finally, if the tie still exists, the senior candidate will be given a higher rank.
NEET PG Result Validity
The NBE NEET PG result 2022 will only be valid for the period of one year. This means that candidates will only be able to use the NBE NEET PG 2022 result for that year's academic session. If candidates want to apply for the next year's NEET exam, they will have to appear for that year's entrance examination.
NEET PG Results 2022: Types of Ranks
NEET PG result 2022 reflects the different types of ranks. The different types of ranks in regards to NEET PG 2022 result are as follows.
- All India Rank (AIR): This reflects the candidate's overall position in the merit list, i.e the overall rank secured by the candidate in relation to the other candidates who appeared for the examination.
- All India 50% Quota (AIQ) Rank: This reflects the rank of the candidate who applied for All India 50% seats, among the ranks of the other candidates who appeared for the exam. This list will be considered while granting AIQ 50% seats to the candidates who applied for the same.
- All India 50% Quota (AIQ) Category Rank: This reflects the rank of the category candidate who applied for All India 50% seats, among the ranks of the other candidates who appeared for the exam. This list will be considered while granting AIQ 50% seats to the category candidates who applied for the same.
NEET PG 2022 Answer Key
NEET PG 2022 answer key will be made available by NBE to candidates once the exam has successfully been conducted. Candidates can use the answer key to evaluate their own performance in NEET PG 2022 exam. Candidates can follow the steps mentioned below to download NEET PG answer key:
- Visit the official website of NBE
- Click on the "NEET PG 2022 Answer Key" link
- Enter the required login credentials
- The answer key will be displayed on the screen
- Download the answer key
Read More: NEET PG 2022 Answer Key
NEET PG 2021 Toppers
NEET PG 2021 toppers have been announced on the official website of NEET PG. The candidate who has secured the AIR 1 in NEET PG 2021 is Amartya Sen by scoring 714 marks. Find below the list of NEET PG toppers with their marks and ranks.
NEET PG AIR
|NEET PG 2021 Toppers||NEET PG 2021 Toppers|
|Name||Marks Scored||Toppers Name||Marks Score|
|1||Dr. Amartya Sengupta||714||Dr. Shiv Kumar Sharma||1013|
|2||Dr. Arjun Agarwal||712||Dr. Raghavendra B Pandit||1002|
|3||Dr. Shashank VR||710||Dr. Kartik Aggarwal||1000|
|4||Dr. Harshita Shetty||706||Dr. Shobit Garg||988|
|5||Available Soon||Available soon||Dr. Aman Aggarwal||983|
|6||Dr. Rishab Sailesh||702||Dr. Parth Durgia||980|
|7||Available Soon||Available soon||Dr. Mankirat Dhillon||977|
|8||Available Soon||Available soon||Dr. Sana Mohsin||976|
|9||Dr. Akash Bandhopadhyay||698||Dr. Shivam Arora||975|
|10||Dr. Harkaran S Khosla||697||Dr. Harshil Shah||970|