NEET PG result 2023 for 50% of all India quota seats will be declared on the official website on Mar 31, 2023. The exam will be held on Mar 5, 2023. In addition, NBE will release the individual NEET PG scorecard for the 50 percent all-India quota seats for download. The cut-off score for the NEET PG 2023 50 percent all-India quota for the MD, MS, and PG diploma courses for the 2023 admission session is 275 marks for the general and Economically Weaker Section (EWS) category.
NEET PG result 2023 PDF included the candidate's roll number, marks, and rank. To be eligible for counselling, candidates must get the minimum cut off score. For each category, NEET PG 2023 cut off will also be issued. The qualifying cut off for the general category is 50 per cent, while the reserved category is 40 per cent.
|NEET PG Counselling 2022||NEET PG Cut Off 2023|
Latest Update on NEET PG
- Feb 3, 2023: NEET PG application form 2023 edit window will close on Feb 3, 2023.
- Jan 27, 2023: NEET PG application form 2023 registration process will end on Jan 27, 2023.
Table of Contents
- NEET PG Result 2023 Highlights
- NEET PG Result 2023 Dates
- NEET PG 2023 Scorecard
- Steps to Check NEET PG Result 2023
- Institutes Not Accepting NEET PG 2023 Result
- NEET PG 2023 Rank Preparation
- NEET PG 2023 Merit List
- NEET PG Cut Off 2023
- Normalization of NEET PG 2023 Score
- NEET PG 2023 Result Analysis
- NEET PG Result 2023: Tie-Breaking Criteria
- NEET PG Results 2023: Types of Ranks
- NEET PG 2023 Answer Key
- NEET PG 2023 Counselling
- NEET PG 2022 Topper's List
- NEET PG 2021 Toppers
NEET PG Result 2023 Highlights
The following are the highlights of NEET PG 2023 exam.
|NEET PG Result 2023 Date||Mar 31, 2023|
|Official Website to Download Result||nbe.edu.in|
|Details Mentioned on Result||Roll number, scores obtained, rank, qualifying status etc.|
|Number of Colleges||6,102 colleges and 6,49 hospitals|
|Admission Through NEET PG Result||50% AIQ, 50% state quota seats, Deemed Universities, Central universities etc.|
|NEET PG Cut Off 2023||General: 50%
NEET PG Result 2023 Dates
NBE will procure the candidate's NBE NEET PG result 2023 and the data of the State Quota Seats/AFMS Institutes/Other Private Institutes for generating the merit list or category-wise results, as per their requirement or reservation policy. After the NBE NEET PG 2023 result, candidates will be shortlisted for the admission process based on the cut off marks.
The list of shortlisted candidates will be released on the official NBE website, and candidates can download the same.Below are the important dates mentioned related to NEET PG results 2023.
|NEET PG 2023 Exam||Mar 5, 2023|
|NEET PG 2023 Result||
Mar 31, 2023
|NEET PG 2023 Scorecard||Mar 31, 2023|
NEET PG 2023 Scorecard
The scorecards for NEET PG 2023 can be downloaded by following the instructions below.
- Step 1: NBE's official website can be found at nbe.edu.in.
- Step 2: Candidates must select NEET PG 2023 from the drop-down menu.
- Step 3: Click NEET PG 2023 applicant login after you've arrived at the website.
- Step 4: User ID and password are required to access the site.
- Step 5: The NEET PG scorecard will appear on the screen. Double-check the information, download it, and print it for future reference.
NEET PG 2023 Scorecard Details
- Name of the candidate
- Name of Father
- Name of Mother
- Date of birth
- PwD (H) status
- Roll number
- Scores obtained (out of 800)
- Total correct answers
- Total incorrect answers
- NEET PG All India Rank
Steps to Check NEET PG Result 2023
Candidates can follow the steps mentioned below to download the results:
- Step 1: Visit the official- nbe.edu.in
- Step 2: Click on "NEET PG" link under the entrance examinations option. On the screen, a list will appear.
- Step 3: A new window will pop up. Click on the result option.
- Step 4: The result will open in a new tab, a PDF will open, and candidates can check the NEET PG 2023 result
Note: Candidates should note that they can check NEET PG result 2023 on the notice board in the National Board of Examinations office at Ansari Nagar. NEET PG 2023 results will not be sent to any individual candidate.
Admission to 9,953 MD, 10,821 MS, 1,979 PG Diploma, and 1,338 DNB CET seats will be based on NEET PG scores. Based on the NEET PG result 2023, a merit list for 50 per cent of the All India Quota (AIQ) seats will be generated. The National Board of Examinations (NBE) will issue the NEET PG result 2023 and will cumulative merit list for the 50% All India Quota seats. NEET PG 2023 counselling will be open to qualified students. The medical counselling committee will conduct NEET PG 2023 counselling for 50 per cent AIQ and 50 per cent state quota seats.
Validity of NEET PG 2023 Result
NEET PG 2023 result is only valid for one academic session and cannot be carried over to the next. As a result, the NEET PG 2023 result will only be valid for the academic year 2023-24. Therefore, the candidate must take the examination the following year to be admitted to the next session.
Institutes Not Accepting NEET PG 2023 Result
Some medical institutions will not accept NEET PG 2023 results. These institutions have their own separate entrance exam like INI CET. Find below the list of the institutions.
- AIIMS, Bhubneshwar
- AIIMS, Delhi
- AIIMS, Patna
- AIIMS, Raipur
- AIIMS, Nagpur
- AIIMS, Jodhpur
- AIIMS, Rishikesh
- AIIMS, Puducherry
- AIIMS, Chandigarh
- AIIMS, Bengaluru
- Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology, Trivandrum
NEET PG 2023 Rank Preparation
Firstly, NBE calculates the candidate's raw score out of 1200 by following the marking scheme mentioned below:
|NEET PG 2023 Marking Scheme||+4 Marks for Every Right Answer|
|-1 Mark for Every Wrong Answer|
|No Negative Marking for Unanswered Questions|
After the raw score of the candidate has been calculated, NBE uses them to prepare the rank of the candidate based on the cut off percentiles mentioned below:
NBE prepares the merit based on the raw scores of candidates in NEET PG result and checks the marks of the 50th, 40th, and 45th percentile. The marks secured by the candidates become the cut off score for the next year. Candidates that achieve scores equal to or greater than the cut off marks will be eligible for the All India 50% Quota Seats.
NEET PG 2023 Merit List
Only candidates who successfully clear the exam will have their names appear in NEET PG 2023 rank list. The exam authorities will release a merit list that candidates can download on the official website of NBE. NEET PG 2023 merit list will be released for the 50% All India Quota (AIQ) seats by the exam conducting authority, and the date for the same will be notified. The authorities published NEET PG 2023 merit list based on the scores obtained by the candidate, where candidates would have to meet the minimum required cut off to be eligible for the counselling process.
NEET PG 2023 merit list will contain the following details:
- Candidate's name
- Roll Number
- Category of the Candidate
- PwD Status
- 50% AIQ Rank
- 50% AIQ Category Rank
NEET PG Cut Off 2023
The category-wise NEET PG 2023 expected cut off is mentioned in the table below.
|General - Persons with Disability||245||40th Percentile|
|Category||Cut Off Scores||Cut Off Percentile|
Normalization of NEET PG 2023 Score
The normalization of NEET PG 2023 score includes the percentile score which equates to the minimum marks required to qualify for the examination. The percentile score will be calculated using the candidate's percentile in the exam in relation to the marks obtained by other candidates in NEET PG 2023 exam.
The table below shows the category-wise qualifying percentile required for NEET PG counselling process.
|Category||Qualifying Marks (Out of 300)||Qualifying Percentile|
NEET PG 2023 Result Analysis
NEET PG result 2023 can be analyzed from the perspective of marks vs rank, percentage vs percentile, and score vs the total number of candidates. The percentage indicates how well a candidate performed in the exam. The percentile showcases how well a candidate performed compared to the other candidates. To qualify for the admission rounds, general category candidates need to achieve scores equivalent to the 50th percentile, while SC, ST, and OBC candidates need to achieve scores equivalent to the 45th percentile.
NEET PG 2023 Marks vs Rank
Analysis for the revised number of NEET PG questions and total marks which are 200 and 800 respectively will be released by the authorities after the conduction of the examination. The table below showcases the marks obtained by the candidates (out of 1200) versus the subsequent expected All India NEET PG Rank.
|Marks Scored - Out of 1200||
All India Rank NEET PG (Expected)
|173 or 196||145630 - 139389|
|255 - 194||1,00,001 - 1,20,000|
|323 - 341||94848 - 88543|
|415 - 255||50,001 - 1,00,000|
|602 - 415||15,001 - 50,000|
|580 - 600||28386 - 29000|
|628 - 602||12,001 - 15,000|
|648 - 628||10,001 - 12,000|
|676 - 648||7,501 - 10,000|
|712 - 676||5,001 - 7,500|
|775 - 712||2,001 - 5,000|
|812 - 775||1,001 - 2,000|
|843 - 812||501 - 1,000|
|1000 - 895||11 - 100|
NEET PG 2023 Percentage vs Percentile
The table below shows the main differences between NEET PG percentage and percentile:
|NEET PG Percentage||NEET PG Percentile|
|Formula: Marks obtained by the candidate x 100/ Total Marks||Formula: No. of candidates with an equal or greater score than the candidate x 100/ Total No. of candidates who appeared for the examination|
NEET PG Scores vs Number of Candidates
The table below shows the scores vs the total number of candidates that appeared for the exam. The data showcased in this table is from the previous year.
|NEET PG Score Range||Number of Candidates Appeared|
|900 and above||83|
|800 - 850||847|
|750 - 800||1692|
|700 - 750||2764|
|650 - 700||4045|
|600 - 650||5252|
|550 - 600||7184|
|500 - 550||8869|
|450 - 500||10631|
|400 - 450||12235|
|350 - 400||14382|
|300 - 350||15815|
|250 - 300||17491|
|200 - 250||16701|
|150 - 200||12987|
|100 - 150||8231|
|50 - 100||3054|
|1 - 50||537|
NEET PG Result 2023 Tie-Breaking Criteria
Two or more candidates may get similar marks in NEET PG 2023 exam. In such cases, the following tie-breaking criteria will be followed:
- The candidate with the lowest number of negative responses in each exam section will be given a higher rank.
- Next, the candidate who scores the highest marks in Section C of the question paper will be given a higher rank.
- If the tie still exists, the candidate with lower negative responses in Section C of the question paper will be given a higher rank on the merit list.
- The following criterion would see a candidate is given a higher rank if they score higher marks in Section B of the question paper.
- Next, the candidate with lower negative responses in the section will be placed higher on the merit list.
- The following criteria are regarding Section-A of the question paper, where the candidate with higher marks will be given a higher rank on the merit list.
- The last but one criterion would be the candidate who has the lower number of negative responses in Section-A will be given a higher rank.
- Finally, the senior candidate will be given a higher rank if the tie still exists.
NEET PG Results 2023 Types of Ranks
NEET PG result 2023 reflects the different types of ranks. The different types of ranks in regards to NEET PG 2023 result are as follows.
- All India Rank (AIR): This reflects the candidate's overall position in the merit list, i.e. the overall rank secured by the candidate in relation to the other candidates who appeared for the examination.
- All India 50% Quota (AIQ) Rank: This reflects the rank of the candidate who applied for All India 50% seats among the ranks among the other candidates who appeared for the exam. This list will be considered while granting AIQ 50% seats to the candidates who applied for the same.
- All India 50% Quota (AIQ) Category Rank: This reflects the rank of the category candidate who applied for All India 50% seats among the ranks of the other candidates who appeared for the exam. This list will be considered while granting AIQ 50% seats to the category candidates who applied for the same.
NEET PG 2023 Answer Key
NEET PG 2023 answer key will be available by NBE to candidates once the exam is successfully conducted. Candidates can use the answer key to evaluate their performance in NEET PG 2023 exam. Candidates can follow the steps mentioned below to download NEET PG answer key:
- Candidates must visit the official website of NBE
- Click on the "NEET PG 2023 Answer Key" link
- Enter the required login credentials
- The answer key will be displayed on the screen
- Download the answer key
Read More: NEET PG 2023 Answer Key
NEET PG 2023 Counselling
Counselling for postgraduates would be performed based on the NEET PG 2023 results after the scorecards are released. MCC will soon issue the NEET PG Counselling dates for 2023, along with an information pamphlet, at mcc.nic.in. For 50 per cent AIQ seats in government institutions, central universities, deemed universities, ESIC, and AFMS institutes, MCC will conduct NEET PG 2023 counselling. The state counselling conducting authority will fill the remaining 50% of the state quota seats.
Read More: NEET PG 2023 Counselling
NEET PG 2022 Topper's List
NEET PG 2022 toppers have been announced. Find below the list of NEET PG 2022 toppers with their ranks.
All India Rank (AIR)
Dr Shagun Batra
Dr Swaroop Hegde
NEET PG 2021 Toppers
NEET PG 2021 toppers have been announced on the official website of NEET PG. The candidate who has secured AIR 1 in NEET PG 2021 is Amartya Sen by scored 714 marks. Find below the list of NEET PG toppers with their marks and ranks.
NEET PG AIR
|NEET PG 2021 Toppers||NEET PG 2021 Toppers|
|Name||Marks Scored||Toppers Name||Marks Score|
|1||Dr. Amartya Sengupta||714||Dr. Shiv Kumar Sharma||1013|
|2||Dr. Arjun Agarwal||712||Dr. Raghavendra B Pandit||1002|
|3||Dr. Shashank VR||710||Dr. Kartik Aggarwal||1000|
|4||Dr. Harshita Shetty||706||Dr. Shobit Garg||988|
|5||Available Soon||Available soon||Dr. Aman Aggarwal||983|
|6||Dr. Rishab Sailesh||702||Dr. Parth Durgia||980|
|7||Available Soon||Available soon||Dr. Mankirat Dhillon||977|
|8||Available Soon||Available soon||Dr. Sana Mohsin||976|
|9||Dr. Akash Bandhopadhyay||698||Dr. Shivam Arora||975|
|10||Dr. Harkaran S Khosla||697||Dr. Harshil Shah||970|