The National Board of Examinations (NBE) will release the NEET PG result 2021 on its official website. Candidates will be able to download the scorecards by logging into the official portal using their application number and password created at the time of registration. The NEET PG result 2021 will only remain valid for a period of one year. So if a candidate wishes to take up admissions in the next year, they will have to reappear for the NEET PG exam to get admissions in that subsequent year. Once the NBE NEET PG 2021 result is out, candidates will be shortlisted for the admission process based on the cut off marks. The list of shortlisted candidates will be released on the official NBE website and candidates will be able to download the same.
|NEET PG 2021 Exam||Apr 18, 2021|
|NEET PG Result 2021 (Tentative)||May 5, 2021|
NEET PG 2021 Highlights
The following are the highlights of the NEET PG 2021 exam:
- The National Board of Examinations is the conducted authority of NEET PG exam and will release the NEET PG result 2021 on May 5, 2021.
- NBE will procure the candidate's NBE NEET PG 2021 result and the data of the State Quota Seats/AFMS Institutes/Other Private Institutes for generating the merit list or category-wise results, as per their requirement or reservation policy.
- The Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) and the Directorate General Health Services (DGHS) have no roles to play in this matter. For NEET PG 2021 results. Candidates can follow the steps mentioned below to download the results:
Steps to check the NEET PG Result 2021
Candidates will have to use their login credentials to enter the NEET PG portal and download the NEET PG result 2021. Candidates can follow the steps mentioned below to download the results:
- Visit the official NBE website
- Click on the link for "NEET PG 2021 Result"
- Enter the login credentials to access the portal
- The score and qualifying status will be displayed
- Candidates should download the scorecard and take a printout of the same for future reference
NOTE: Candidates should note that they can check the NEET PG result 2021 on the notice board in the office of the National Board of Examinations at Ansari Nagar. The NEET PG 2021 results will not be sent to any individual candidate.
Details mentioned on NEET PG Results 2021
The following details will be mentioned on the NEET PG scorecard 2021:
- Important instructions
- Candidate's photograph
- Name of the candidate
- Candidate's father's name
- Candidate's mother's name
- Roll number of the candidate
- Candidate's date of birth
- Category of the candidate
- PwD status of the candidate
- Candidate's score (out of 1200)
- Total No. of correct responses
- Total No. of wrong responses
- NEET PG 2021 rank
- NEET PG 2021 cut off
How are the NEET PG 2021 Score Card and Rank prepared?
Firstly, NBE calculates the candidate's raw score out of 1200 by following the marking scheme mentioned below:
|NEET PG 2021 Marking Scheme||+4 marks for every right answer|
|-1 mark for every wrong answer|
|No negative marking for unanswered questions|
After the raw score of the candidate has been calculated, NBE uses the them to prepare the rank of the candidate based on the cut off percentiles mentioned below:
|UR PwD||45th Percentile|
NBE prepares the merit based on the raw scores of candidates in the NEET PG result 2021, and checks the marks of the 50th, 40th and 45th percentile. The marks secured by the candidates becomes the cut off score for the next year. Candidates that achieve scores equal to or greater than the cut off marks will be eligible for the All India 50% Quota Seats.
NEET PG 2021 Merit List
Only candidates who successfully clear the exam will have names appear in the NEET PG 2021 rank list. The exam authorities will also release a merit list which candidates will be able to download on the official website of NBE.The NEET PG 2021 merit list will be released for the 50% All India Quota (AIQ) seats by the exam conducting authority, and the date for the same will be notified. The authorities will publish the NEET PG 2021 merit list on the basis of the scores obtained by the candidate, where candidates would have to meet the minimum required cut off to be eligible for the counselling process.
The NEET PG 2021 merit list will contain the following details:
- Candidate's name
- Roll Number
- Category of the Candidate
- PwD Status
- 50% AIQ Rank
- 50% AIQ Category Rank
NEET PG Previous Year Cut Off
The category-wise NEET PG cut off for 2020 is mentioned in the table below:
|Category||Percentile||Cut off Marks (out of 1500)|
|General (UR)||50th Percentile||705.9194|
Normalization of the NEET PG 2021 Score
The normalization of the NEET PG 2021 score includes the percentile score which equates to the minimum marks required to qualify for the examination. The percentile score will be calculated using the candidate's percentile in the exam in relation to the marks obtained by other candidates in the NEET PG 2021 exam.
The table below shows the category-wise qualifying percentile required for the NEET PG counselling process:
|Category||Qualifying Marks (out of 300)||Qualifying Percentile|
NEET PG 2021 Result Analysis
The NEET PG 2021 result can be analyzed from the perspective of marks vs rank, percentage vs percentile, and score vs total number of candidates. The percentage indicates how well a candidate performed in the exam. The percentile showcases how well a candidate performed in comparison to the other candidates. To qualify for the admission rounds, general category candidates need to achieve scores equivalent to the 50th percentile, while SC, ST and OBC candidates need to achieve scores equivalent to the 45th percentile.
NEET PG Marks vs Rank
The table below showcases the marks obtained by the candidates (out of 1200) versus the subsequent expected All India NEET PG Rank:
|Marks Scored - Out of 1200||
All India Rank NEET PG (Expected)
|173 or 196||145630 - 139389|
|255 - 194||1,00,001 - 1,20,000|
|323 - 341||94848 - 88543|
|415 - 255||50,001 - 1,00,000|
|602 - 415||15,001 - 50,000|
|580 - 600||28386 - 29000|
|628 - 602||12,001 - 15,000|
|648 - 628||10,001 - 12,000|
|676 - 648||7,501 - 10,000|
|712 - 676||5,001 - 7,500|
|775 - 712||2,001 - 5,000|
|812 - 775||1,001 - 2,000|
|843 - 812||501 - 1,000|
|1000 - 895||11 - 100|
NEET PG Percentage vs Percentile
The table below shows the main differences between the NEET PG percentage and percentile:
|NEET PG Percentage||NEET PG Percentile|
|Formula: Marks obtained by the candidate x 100/ Total Marks||Formula: No. of candidates with an equal or greater score than the candidate x 100/ Total No. of candidates who appeared for the examination|
NEET PG Scores vs Number of Candidates
The table below shows the scores vs the total number of candidates that appeared for the exam. The data showcased in this table is from the previous year:
|NEET PG Score Range||Number of Candidates Appeared|
|900 and above||83|
|800 - 850||847|
|750 - 800||1692|
|700 - 750||2764|
|650 - 700||4045|
|600 - 650||5252|
|550 - 600||7184|
|500 - 550||8869|
|450 - 500||10631|
|400 - 450||12235|
|350 - 400||14382|
|300 - 350||15815|
|250 - 300||17491|
|200 - 250||16701|
|150 - 200||12987|
|100 - 150||8231|
|50 - 100||3054|
|1 - 50||537|
NEET PG Result 2021: Tie-Breaking Criteria
It is quite possible that two or more candidates may get similar marks in the NEET PG 2021 exam. In such cases, the following tie breaking criteria will be followed:
- The candidate with the lowest number of negative responses in each section of the exam will be given a higher rank.
- Next, the candidate who scores the highest marks in Section-C of the question paper will be given the higher rank.
- If the tie still exists, the candidate with the lower number of negative responses in Section-C of the question paper will be given a higher rank on the merit list.
- The next criteria would see a candidate being given a higher rank if they score higher marks in Section-B of the question paper.
- Next, the candidate with the lower number of negative responses in Section-will be placed higher in the merit list.
- The next criteria is in regards to Section-A of the question paper, where the candidate that scores higher marks will be given the higher rank in the merit list.
- The last but one criteria would be the candidate who has the lower number of negative responses in Section-A will be given the higher rank.
- Finally, if the tie still exists, the senior candidate will be given the higher rank.
NEET PG Result Validity
The NBE NEET PG result 2021 will only be valid for the period of one year. This means that candidates will only be able to use the NBE NEET PG 2021 result for that year's academic session. If candidates want to apply for the next year's NEET exam, they will have to appear for that year's entrance examination.
NEET PG Results 2021: Types of Ranks
The NEET PG result 2021 reflect the different types of ranks. The different types of ranks in regards to the NEET PG 2021 result are as follows:
- All India Rank (AIR): This reflect the candidate's overall position in the merit list, i.e the overall rank secured by the candidate in relation to the other candidates who appeared for the examination.
- All India 50% Quota (AIQ) Rank: This reflects the rank of the candidate who applied for All India 50% seats, among the ranks of the other candidates who appeared for the exam. This list will be considered while granting AIQ 50% seats to the candidates who applied for the same.
- All India 50% Quota (AIQ) Category Rank: This reflects the rank of the category candidate who applied for All India 50% seats, among the ranks of the other candidates who appeared for the exam. This list will be considered while granting AIQ 50% seats to the category candidates who applied for the same.
NEET PG 2021 Answer Key
The NEET PG 2021 answer key will be made available by NBE to candidates once the exam has successfully been conducted. Candidates can use the answer key to evaluate their own performance in the NEET PG 2021 exam. Candidates can follow the steps mentioned below to download the NEET PG answer key:
- Visit the official website of NBE
- Click on the "NEET PG 2021 Answer Key" link
- Enter the required login credentials
- The answer key will be displayed on the screen
- Download the answer key