Get admission into the MBA/MMS courses in the state of Maharashtra with the help of MAH MBA CET 2021. The MAH MBA CET scores are accepted by more than 300 public/private business schools in Maharashtra. The exam will be conducted in the third week of March 2021.
Latest News on MAH MBA CET 2021
- MHT MBA CET 2021 Final Merit List to be Released Today - Published on January 07, 2021
- MHT CET MBA Counselling 2020 Registration Ends Today, Apply Using the Direct Link Here - Published on December 29, 2020
- January 28, 2021: The provisional seat allotment for MAH MBA CET CAP-II is released. Candidates can check the merit list in pdf format through the direct link mentioned in the MAH MBA CET Counselling page.
- January 19, 2021: The Maharashtra CETCell has announced the revised counselling schedule for MAH MBA CET CAP-II. The provisional list of vacant seats will be released on January 21, 2021. Visit the exam dates page to view the revised schedule.
- What is MAH MBA CET?
- MAH MBA CET 2021 Exam Dates
- MAH MBA CET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- MAH MBA CET 2021 Syllabus
- How to Prepare for MAH MBA CET?
- MAH MBA CET 2021 Exam Pattern
- MAH MBA CET 2021 Application Form
- MAH MBA CET 2021 Exam Centres
- MAH MBA CET 2021 Admit Card
- MAH MBA CET 2021 Results
- MAH MBA CET 2021 Counselling
- MAH MBA CET 2021 Instructions
What is MAH MBA CET?
Candidates interested in pursuing Master of Business Administration (MBA)/ Master of Management Studies (MMS) courses at different Business Schools in Maharashtra can appear in the Maharashtra Common Entrance Test (MAH MBA CET).
Organized by the Directorate Of Technical Education, MAH MBA CET is conducted every year, in the month of March.
Around 400 colleges in Maharashtra, which come under the Directorate of Technical Education (DTE) provide admission to the candidates based on the results of MAH MBA/ MMS CET. The admission is provided through the Centralized Admission Process. MAH MBA/ MMS CET offers admission for 40,000 seats in various B-schools across Maharashtra.
MAH MBA CET 2021 is divided into four sections. Candidates will be called for the counselling based on their ranks obtained in MAH MBA CET 2021.
Highlights for MAH MBA/ MMS CET 2021
|Exam Name||Maharashtra Common Entrance Test|
|Acronym||MAH MBA CET or MAH MBA/ MMS CET|
|Conducting Body||Directorate Of Technical Education (DTE), Maharashtra State, Mumbai|
|Mode of Exam||Online i.e. Computer Based Test (CBT)|
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Master of Management Studies (MMS)
|Frequency||Once a year|
|MAH MBA CET 2021 Duration||2 hours 30 minutes i.e. 150 Minutes|
|Medium of Language||English|
MAH MBA CET 2021 Exam Dates
The Directorate of Technical Education releases the exam schedule for MAH MBA CET. Make sure that you take note of the exam dates so that you wouldn't miss out on any of the events.
The application forms will be available on the official website of MAH MBA CET tentatively from Jan 10, 2021 and the last date to submit the application form will be Feb 15, 2021. MAH MBA CET 2021 will be conducted online i.e. Computer-based Test (CBT) on Mar 15, 2021. The following table contains the list of MAH MBA CET 2021 Exam Dates:
|Important Events||Dates (Tentative)|
|MAH MBA CET 2021 Application Form Start Date||Jan 10, 2021|
|MAH MBA CET 2021 Application Form Finish Date||Feb 15, 2021|
|MAH MBA CET 2021 Admit Card Release Date||Mar 2, 2021|
|MAH MBA CET 2021 Exam Date||Mar 15, 2021|
|Release of MAH MBA CET 2021 Results||May 23, 2021|
|MAH MBA CET 2021 Counselling Start Date||To be announced|
MAH MBA CET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates are advised to go through the eligibility criteria for MAH MBA CET 2021 carefully. Candidates must check for the eligibility criteria before they start to apply because only the candidates who qualify the mentioned eligibility conditions defined by the organizing committee will be allowed to move forward with the admission.
- Domicile: Candidate must be an Indian citizen.
- Educational Qualification: Aspirants must have acquired a Bachelor’s Degree from the Universities recognized by the University Grants Commission or Association of Indian Universities in any discipline.
- Candidates from the general category should have a minimum of 50% aggregate and from SC/ ST/ PwD category should have a minimum of 45% marks. The reservation for MAH MBA CET 2021 Eligibility Criteria applies only if they are from the state of Maharashtra.
- Candidates in the final year of their Bachelor's Degree can also appear for the exam.
- Age Limit: The minimum age required by the candidates to appear for the exam is 21 years.
In case the candidates are awarded grades/ CGPA instead of marks, the conversion of grades/ CGPA to percentage of marks would be based on the procedure certified by the University/Institution from where they have obtained the Bachelor's degree.
MAH MBA CET 2021 Syllabus
The major topics that are focused on MAH MBA CET 2021 are Logical/Abstract Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, Verbal Ability, and Reading Comprehension.
- Reference Books: Candidates can refer to the reference books to know more details about the MAH MBA CET 2021 Syllabus and the type of questions that are asked in MAH MBA CET.
- Previous Year Question Paper: Candidates can check on the previous year's question papers to have better clarity about the syllabus.
The contents of the syllabus are mentioned in the table below:
- Symbol Based Comparison
- Sequential Output
- Selection Criteria
- Blood Relations
- Conditional Coding
- Venn Diagram
- Coding/ Decoding
- Direction Sense
- Quantitative Reasoning
- Data Sufficiency
- Ratio & Proportion
- Data Interpretation – Graphs, Charts, Tables
- Antonyms & Synonyms
- Fill in the Blanks
- Sentence Completion, Arrangement
- Error Correction
- Reading Comprehension
- Spelling/ Inappropriate Usage
- Para Jumbles
How to Prepare for MAH MBA CET?
If you are preparing for MAH MBA CET or any other entrance exam for that matter you need to possess three most important characteristics. They are determination, patience, and perseverance. You should be strong in your determination to achieve your goal (which in this case is cracking the MAH MBA CET exam), you should have enormous amounts of patience to go through all of the stages to achieve success (which in this case is exam preparation), and finally, you need to be perseverant enough to not give up on your end goal when faced with failures and difficulties. If you are able to muster these three characteristics you are ready to face any exam. Now follow the tips given below to prepare well for the exam.
Create a Custom Timetable
At the primary stage of your preparation, you should be creating a good time table that you can follow throughout your preparation for MAH MBA CET. The time table helps you to strategize even the little bit of time you may have. Make sure that you create a good preparation schedule that would be providing you with the efficient preparation sessions from your day to day routine. You should use these sessions to the best way possible and avoid any outside distractions. Include time for solving sample papers and then for revision of completed topics. Stick to that time table till the exam is completed.
Speed and Accuracy Matters
The MAH MBA CET exam contains a total of 200 questions that are to be answered in a time span of 2 hours 30 minutes. You should be answering the questions at a very quick pace because on average you should be answering one question per minute. The questions that in the MAH MBA CET exam paper will be relatively easier to answer but the challenge lies in getting through all of those questions within that given period of time. So, the only way to approach this exam is to answer all the questions as accurately as possible so that you will not be looking back at the already marked answers in doubt. You can develop this speed and accuracy with the help of intense practice of previous year papers and sample tests that are available on the internet. Solve as many as you can get your hands on.
Section Wise Approach
The MAH MBA CET exam consists of a total of 4 sections. During the stages of preparation, you need to start self-assessing yourself to discover which sections you’re strong in and which sections you need to put in more effort. This way you can analyze and improve yourself drastically. Also, this will help you hugely in strategizing your approach to answering the questions in the MAH MBA CET paper during the actual exam. Start the exam by solving the sections that you are good at so that you will be saving some extra time to transfer onto the sections that you need to put in more effort. Make sure that you secure the consistent marks in all of the sections so that you will be getting a good overall score in the exam.
MAH MBA CET 2021 Exam Pattern
MAH MBA CET 2021 is conducted once a year to select students for MBA & MMS courses in colleges of Maharastra. This exam is conducted to check the ability of the students. Based on the exam a merit list is prepared according to the scores of the candidates. The MAH MBA CET exam pattern is as follows:
- Mode: MAH MBA CET 2021 will be conducted online i.e. Computer-based Test (CBT)
- Question Type: The question paper consists of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
- Sections: The question paper consists of 4 sections as given below:
- Logical Reasoning
- Abstract Reasoning
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Verbal Ability
- Reading Comprehension.
- Duration: The examination will be conducted for about 2 hours 30 minutes i.e. 150 minutes.
The table given below contains the section-wise MAH MBA CET 2021 Exam Pattern:
|Name of the section||Number of questions||Marks per question||Maximum marks|
|Verbal Ability/Reading Competition||50||1||50|
- Marking Scheme: 1 mark will be awarded for the correct answers.
- Negative Marks: There are no negative marks for a wrong answer or unanswered questions.
- The medium of Language: The question paper will be in English.
MAH MBA CET 2021 Application Form
The registration for the MAH MBA CET exam will tentatively start from Jan 10, 2021 and the last date to fill the application forms will be Feb 15, 2021. Candidates could visit the official website and fill the forms to register for the exam.
Candidates are advised to go through the mentioned points in order to successfully complete their Application Form.
- Registration Date: The MAH MBA CET 2021 application form will be available on the official website from Jan 10, 2021 to Feb 15, 2021.
- Uploading Documents: Candidates need to upload their photograph and signature during the registration process. Photo size should be between 200kb to 50kb. The signature size should be between 10kb to 20kb.
- Registration Fee: Candidates have to pay the registration fee to confirm their registration for the exam. The fee is different for different candidates:
- Open Category candidates from Maharashtra, Outside Maharashtra State (OMS), J & K migrants have to pay INR 1000.
- Candidates belonging to Backward Class Categories [SC, ST, VJ/DT- NT(A), NT(B), NT(C), NT(D), OBC, SBC] and differently-abled candidates belonging to Maharashtra State have to pay INR 800.
- Candidates who are of Foreign National or Person of Indian Origin living in foreign have to INR 5000.
- Payment Mode: The candidates can pay the registration fee through Debit Cards (RuPay/ Visa/ Master Card/ Maestro), Credit Cards, Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards/ Mobile Wallets only.
How to Register for the MAH MBA CET Exam?
Follow the steps given below to register for the MAH MBA CET 2021 in online mode:
- Step 1: Visit the official web portal of the exam and click on 'Apply Online'.
- Step 2: For new registration click on "Click for New Registration", and then enter all the relevant details in the corresponding fields.
- Step 3: A provisional registration number will be generated.
- Step 4: Upload the documents, which are the signature and photograph.
- Step 5: Make the payment to finish the registration process. Download the e-receipt and then take a print out to save it for future references.
MAH MBA CET 2021 Exam Centres
The Directorate of Technical Education (DTE) conducted the exam in online mode and provided the list of MAH MBA CET test centres both in the state of Maharashtra and outside of Maharashtra. The candidates were not allowed to take any electronic gadgets and calculators. The candidates should carry admit card, personal government id for the verification. It was advised to the candidate to arrive at the exam centre 30 minutes before the given time. If a candidate entered the exam centre 30 min after the commencing of the exam, then that candidate was not allowed to write or even enter the examination hall.
- Conducting Places: MAH MBA CET is conducted only in the selected cities.
- No. of Centres: The exam is conducted in 36 centres inside Maharashtra and 13 centres outside Maharashtra State.
- Preference: A candidate appearing for CET shall give his/her preference for the centre, however, the Competent Authority reserves the right to allocate the centre and venue.
List of test centres in the Maharashtra State:
|City||Test Centres||Test Code|
|Mumbai Sub Urban||12|
List of Test Centres from outside of Maharashtra State:
Note: No request for change of centre/venue/date/session for the examination will be entertained.
MAH MBA CET 2021 Admit Card
After the application form has been filled and submitted to the university, the candidates have to wait till Mar 2, 2021 to get their admit card. Admit card will be available online on the official website. The candidate is required to carry the admit card to the exam centre.
- Admit Card: Eligible candidates who have submitted the application form and paid the application fee on or before the last date were able to download their Admit Card from the official website.
- Admit Card Availability: The MAH MBA 2021 Admit Card was available online for candidates from Mar 2, 2021
- Admit Card Intimation: Candidates received the intimation to download the Admit Card/ Hall Ticket on the registered e-mail ID and mobile number via SMS.
- Identity Verification: The candidates had to carry the current valid photo identity issued by the government (bearing the same name as it appears on the Hall Ticket) for verification purposes. Any one of the following identification is recognised as an acceptable document of proof by the conducting authorities:
- PAN Card
- Voter ID
- Employee ID
- Bar Council Identity Card
- Aadhaar/ E-Aadhaar Card
- Permanent Driving License
- Bank Passbook with a photograph
MAH MBA CET 2021 Results
MAH MBA CET 2021 results will be announced on May 23, 2021. The students will be able to check for the results on the State Common Entrance Test Cell, Maharashtra official website. The candidate has to login by entering valid details asked such as application number, and other details on the admit card. Once you have seen your result click on print to take a printout of the result, as it is essential for future use for counselling and admission. Take extra copies of the MAH MBA CET 2021 result.
All the candidates will be able to view or download their result from the official website from May 23, 2021.
- Login Credentials: Candidates have to enter the details such as the registration number and date of birth to access their MAH MBA CET 2021 results from the official web portal.
- Scorecard: The candidates must download MAH MBA CET 2021 scorecards from the official website. Based on the score obtained by the candidate, he/she will be called for the counselling.
- Details on the Scorecard: The details that are mentioned on the MAM MBA CET Scorecard are:
- Name of the Candidate
- Application Number
- Parent's name
- Overall Percentile
- Category of the Candidate
- Section-wise scores of the candidate
- Merit List:
- Provisional Merit List: This list will be declared as soon as MAH MBA CET 2021 counselling ends. However, this list does not confirm the admission of candidates. The candidates must wait for the final merit list.
- Final Merit List: This list is prepared on the basis of DTE MBA counselling. Candidates whose names are on the final merit list shall be eligible to seek admission to various colleges.
MAH MBA CET 2021 Counselling
MAH MBA CET 2021 counselling will be conducted after the official MAH MBA CET result announcement. The counselling is a process that is centralized and falls under the Centralised Admission Process (CAP). After the results are announced and the merit list is prepared, counselling for merit students is conducted in different centres. The counselling process for the candidates will commence in the month of June and July after which the classes will commence. The counselling process is conducted in three rounds for candidates belonging to Maharashtra State as well as candidates belonging from other states. On the day of counselling the candidate has to go to the nearest centre on given time with all the necessary documents for the verification of these documents. The counselling fee is INR 1000 which the candidates must pay at the time of applying.
The candidates were asked to carry all the documents which they submitted during the application process and along with them they also had to submit Payslip, admit card and printout of the result. At the end of MAH MBA CET 2021 counselling, the colleges are assigned to the candidates based on their merit list.
Only those candidates who have cleared the MAH MBA CET 2021 exam were allowed to take part in the counselling process.
- Counselling Eligibility: Candidates who have cleared the MAH MBA CET 2021 will be called for the counselling process. They must have secured a place in the merit list.
- Counselling Date: The MAH MBA CET 2021 Counselling dates will be announced soon. It will be conducted by the State Common Entrance Test Cell.
- Counselling Process:
- Filling of Counselling Application Form
- Document Verification
- College/ University Preference Filling
- Seat Allotment
- Reporting to College for Confirmation of Seat.
- Documents Required: Candidate needs to carry all the original documents along with the photocopies of the same and passport size photograph for verification.
MAH MBA CET 2021 General Instructions
Some general instructions regarding the MAH MBA CET exam are given below:
- The possibility of occurrence of some problem in the administration of the examination cannot be ruled out completely which may impact test delivery and/or result from being generated. In that event, every effort will be made to rectify such a problem, which may include movement of candidates, delay in the test. Conduct of a re-exam is at the absolute discretion of the test conducting body. Candidates will not have any claim for a re-test. Candidates not willing to move or not willing to participate in the delayed process of test delivery shall be summarily rejected from the process.
- The decision of State CET Cell in all matters relating to the conduction of CET will be final and binding on the candidate. No correspondence or personal inquiries shall be entertained by the State CET Cell in this behalf.
- If the examination is held in more than one session, the scores across various sessions will be equated to adjust for slight differences in the difficulty level of different test batteries used across sessions. More than one session is required if the capacity of the nodes is less or some technical disruption takes place at any centre or for any candidate.
- State CET Cell would be analyzing the responses (answers) of individual candidates with those of other candidates to detect patterns of similarity of right and wrong answers. If in the analytical procedure adopted by State CET Cell in this regard, it is inferred/ concluded that the responses have been shared and scores obtained are not genuine/ valid, State CET Cell reserves right to disqualify the candidature of the concerned candidates and the result of such candidates (disqualified) will be null & void.
- Instances for providing incorrect information and/or process violation by a candidate detected at any stage of the admission process will lead to disqualification of the candidate from the entire admission process.
- Please note the date, time and venue address of the examination given in the Hall Ticket.
- You may visit the venue one day before the Online Examination to confirm the location so that you are able to report on time (as printed on the Hall ticket) on the day of the examination. Latecomers will not be allowed.
- The Hall Ticket should be brought with the candidates to the examination venue along with their recent passport size photograph duly pasted on it. (Preferably the same photograph as uploaded).
- Candidates must scrupulously follow the instructions of the Test Administrator and CET Cell/DTE Representative at the examination venue. If they violate the instructions, he/she will be disqualified and will be asked to leave the examination venue.
- No use of calculators (separate or with a watch), books, notebooks or written notes, cell phones (with or without camera facility), or any other electronic device will be allowed during the examination.
- Your responses (answers) will be analyzed with other candidates to detect patterns of similarity of right and wrong answers. If in the analytical procedure adopted in this regard, it is inferred/concluded that the responses have been shared and scores obtained are not genuine/valid, your candidature may be cancelled. Any candidate who is found copying or receiving or giving assistance or engaging in any behaviour unbecoming of a candidate will not be considered for assessment. The CET Cell may take further action against such candidates as deemed fit by it.
- You should bring with you a ball-point pen. A sheet of paper will be provided which can be used for rough work or taking down the question number you would like to review at the end of the test before submitting your answers. After the test is over you MUST hand over this sheet of paper to the Test Administrator before leaving the venue.
- Anyone found to be disclosing, publishing, reproducing, transmitting, storing or facilitating transmission and storage of test contents in any form or any information therein in whole or part or by any means verbal or written, electronic or mechanical or taking away the papers supplied in the examination hall or found to be in unauthorized possession of test content is likely to be prosecuted.
- Instances for providing incorrect information and/or process violation by a candidate detected at any stage of the admission, the process will lead to disqualification of the candidate from the admission. If such instances go undetected during the current admission process but are detected subsequently, such disqualification will take place with a retrospective effect.
- Persons with Disabilities (PWD) should contact the Test Centre Administrator of the test venue at least 30 minutes before the time of examination for assistance in seating if needed.
If I have a backlog in my bachelor\'s degree can I still fill the MAH MBA CET application form?
Yes. You can apply for the MAH MBA CET provided that you clear the backlogs before the admission process. You should be able to provide the pass certificate at the time of certificate verification.
What is the mode of the exam?
The exam is conducted in online mode. It is a computer-based exam.
What is the age limit for taking the MAH MBA CET exam?
According to the eligibility criteria, a candidate should be of a minimum of 21 years old to take the exam. There is no prescribed upper age limit.
Who can apply for MAH MBA CET 2021?
Any eligible candidates across India can apply for the exam. However, the relaxation pertaining to marks is applicable to candidates from Maharashtra state only.
What is the marking scheme in MAH MBA CET 2021?
There are a total of 200 questions in the exam and each correct answer is awarded 1 mark and there is no negative marking for wrong answers.
What are the modes of payment for MAH MBA CET application fee?
The application fee for the exam can be paid only through the online mode. Candidates can pay the application fee through Debit Cards (RuPay/Visa/Master Card), Credit Cards, Internet Banking, Mobile Wallets etc.
How many exam centres are there for taking the MAH MBA CET exam?
In Maharashtra, there are a total of 36 exam centres spread across the state. There are 13 exam centres outside the state of Maharashtra.
Will the MAH MBA CET admit card be sent to the registered address?
No. The admit card will not be sent to the registered address. Candidates can only download the admit card from the official website.
What is the MAH MBA CET merit list?
The merit list is the list of candidates that have cleared the exam and are eligible for the counselling procedure.
What is the counselling process for MAH MBA CET?
The counselling process for the MAH MBA CET includes filling of the counselling application form, document verification, preference filling of the colleges/ institutes, seat allotment and finally reporting to the college for confirmation of seat.
What is the time duration of the MAH MBA/MMS CET Exam?
The time duration for the MAH MABA/MMS CET exam is 150 minutes or two and a half hours.
LIVE APPLICATION FORMS
Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management, [LBSIM] New Delhi
Xavier Institute of Social Service, [XISS] Ranchi
MBA (Total Fees) Rs. 760000
Siva Sivani Institute of Management, [SSIM] Secunderabad
PGDM (Total Fees) Rs. 6,50,000
Prestige Institute of Management Dewas, [PIMD] Dewas