Students aspiring to pursue their higher education in the field of Management and Business Administration can choose to study at Himachal Pradesh University Business School (HPUBS). The HPUBS allows admissions to their MBA courses through the HPU MAT examination conducted every year. HPUMAT 2020 Exam is a state level examination conducted by Himachal Pradesh University Business School (HPUBS). HPUBS conducts HPUMAT Exam every year for the candidates who are seeking admission into the MBA program offered by the University.
LATEST UPDATE: Because of the recent COVID-19 outbreak, all entrance examinations conducted by the Himachal Pradesh University (HPU) have been postponed until further notice and the last date for online application has been extended to June 30, 2020.
- What is HPUMAT?
- HPUMAT 2020 Exam Date
- HPUMAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- HPUMAT 2020 Syllabus
- How to prepare for HPU MAT Exam?
- HPUMAT 2020 Exam Pattern
- HPUMAT 2020 Application Form
- HPUMAT 2020 Registration
- HPUMAT 2020 Exam Centres
- HPUMAT 2020 Admit Card
- HPUMAT 2020 Result
- Reference Books
What is HPU MAT?
Himachal Pradesh University Management Aptitude Test (HPUMAT) is a state-level entrance examination for admission in the Master of Business Administration (MBA) program in the Himachal Pradesh University Business School (HPUBS).
- Grandiosity: Himachal Pradesh University Business School has a great history of 30 years. It was earlier known as the Himachal Pradesh Institute of Management Studies and was established in the year 1971. It is located in Summer Hill a few Kilometers away from the Beautiful Town of Shimla.
- Conducting Body: Himachal Pradesh University Business School (HPUBS) has the authority to conduct HPUMAT every academic year.
- Level: HPUMAT is a University level entrance examination for the candidates looking for admissions into different management courses.
- Frequency: HPUMAT is conducted once in every academic year which allows candidates to take admission in various MBA courses.
- Seat Allotment: HPUBS allots 120 seats in total for students to take admission for MBA courses out of which 60 seats are for the General category while 60 seats are for Reserved category candidates.
|Exam Name||Himachal Pradesh University Management Aptitude Test|
|Exam level||National Level|
|Conducting Authority||Himachal Pradesh University Business School|
|Courses Offered||Master of Business Administration (MBA)|
|Types of Questions||Objective MCQ's|
|No. of Questions||200|
|Topics||English, Critical Reasoning, Business Environment, and Arithmetic Comprehension & Data Skill|
|Exam Date||To be announced|
|Duration||2 Hours i.e. 120 minutes|
HPUMAT 2020 Exam Date
Himachal Pradesh University Business School (HPUBS) has announced the HPUMAT 2020 Important Dates for the candidates who are appearing for HPUMAT 2020 Exam. All candidates must check the HPUMAT 2020 Exam Dates before applying for the examination.
The aspiring management candidates who have planned to apply for HPUMAT 2020 Exam would need to check the important dates before applying for the examination. Given below is a list of all the HPUMAT 2020 Important Dates.
- Registration: Application Form is available on the official website of HPUBS from April 1, 2020 and the last date to submit the Application Form is on June 30, 2020
- Admit Card: After registered successfully for the HPUMAT 2020 the Admit Card will be issued online for the candidates.
- Examination: HPU MAT 2020 will be conducted through offline i.e. Pen & Paper-based Test (PPT).
- Results: Result will be declared on the official website.
- Counselling: HPU MAT 2020 Counselling will be conducted soon after results are announced.
HPUMAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Before proceeding to fill the HPUMAT 2020 Application Form, the candidates must ensure that you fulfil the eligibility criteria. The HPUMAT eligibility conditions to appear for the entrance test is as follows -
- Educational Qualification
- Candidates should have passed Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent qualification with minimum 50% marks (45% for SC/ ST candidates).
- Students appearing for the final year are also eligible to apply if they submit the proof of graduation before the admission.
- Age Limit
- The upper age limit for male candidates is 26 years whereas for Females it is 28 years.
- For SC/ST category candidates the age limit is 29 years (for both Males and Females).
HPUMAT 2020 Syllabus
The syllabus of HPUMAT will check ur general knowledge in Quantitative Ability. The HPUMAT 2020 Syllabus comprises of subjects from Numerical Ability & Data Interpretation, General Intelligence & Critical Reasoning, General Knowledge & Business Awareness, and English Comprehension & Language. HPU MAT important topics are mentioned in the table given below -
Business Awareness Section -
|Business GK||Business Environment||Business Vocabulary|
|Personalities||Advertising||Awards and Honours|
|Taglines||Banking||Newspaper and Journal|
English Language and Comprehension Section -
Arithmetic Section -
|Geometry||Ratios and Proportion||Number System|
|Work and Time||HCF and LCM||Algebra|
|Profit and Loss||In-equations Quadratic and linear equations||Geometric Progression|
|Percentages and Averages||Partnership (Accounts)||Time-Speed-Distance|
Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning Section -
|Family Tree||Strong Arguments and Weak Arguments||Multi-dimensional Arrangements|
|Course of Action||Puzzles||Visual Reasoning|
|Pie Chart||Blood Relations||Critical Reasoning|
|Calendars||Coding & Decoding||Syllogisms|
|Statement Conclusions||Column Graphs||Area Graphs|
- Reference Books: Candidates can go through the Reference Books which is given in a separate section for preparation of the exam.
How to prepare for HPUMAT Exam?
Go through the tips given below to prepare for the HPUMAT 2020 exam -
- Prepare a Time Table - Make sure that you make a proper study time-table for yourself. Give equal time amount to all the subjects. Start with the topics which are difficult for you an then move on to the topics you are comfortable with. The question paper will have problems from all the topics, so it is advised that you start preparing for the HPUMAT exam as early as possible.
- Study Material - Go through and try to solve the previous year question papers and sample papers. This would help you get familiarised with the exam pattern and syllabus of the HPUMAT Exam.
HPUMAT 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates who have planned to appear for the MBA entrance exam are advised to prepare for the HPU MAT exam as per the exam pattern of HPUMAT 2020. The HPUMAT 2020 exam carries 200 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) and the Question paper is divided into four major sections - Business Environment, Reasoning, Arithmetic, and English Language & Comprehension.
- Moe: HPUMAT 2020 Exam will be conducted through the Offline process.
- Questions: The question paper will contain 4 Sections with every 50 questions in a total of 200 Multiple Choice Question's (MCQ's)
- Marks: Marks given for the answers are +1 for Correct Answers and No Negative Marking.
- Medium: The question will be in English medium only.
|Exam Pattern Highlights|
|Exam Mode||Pen-Paper Based Mode(Offline)|
|Number of questions||200 Questions|
|Number of sections||4 Sections|
|Questions in each section||50 Questions|
|Question Paper Type||MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions)|
|HPU MAT Total Marks||200|
|Exam Duration||2 Hours|
|Marking Scheme||1 Mark- Question|
HPUMAT 2020 Application Form
HPUMAT application is to be filled for candidates who are willing to learn MBA courses under Himachal Pradesh University Business School (HPUBS). The application form was scheduled to be available from April 1, 2020, and stay open till the last date of May 5, 2020. HPUMAT 2020 Application Form will be available on the official website of HPUBS from April 1, 2020 and the last date to submit the HPUMAT Application Form is on June 30, 2020.
- Documents Upload: Upload a scanned copy of the following documents in the given specifications
- Passport-sized photograph of maximum 100 KB in .jpeg or .jpg format only.
- Signature of maximum file size 100 KB in .jpg or .jpeg format
- Registration Fee: Candidates have to pay INR 1000 online through Debit/Credit Card or Net Banking.
HPUMAT 2020 Registration
Each new candidates should register themselves with basic information before filling the Application Form.
- Login: Candidates should log in with the credentials provided after the registration process.
- Fill & Pay: Fill the Application with the valid details and pay the registration fee at the end through online or offline (Demand Draft).
HPUMAT 2020 Exam Centres
HPUMAT Exam 2020 will be conducted in the following 8 cities of Himachal Pradesh: Shimla, Solan, Dharamshala, Hamirpur, Mandi, Una, Palampur, and Chandigarh. The Himachal Pradesh University Business School reserves the right to adjust the date/centre of the entrance examination.
Documents required to carry to the Exam Centre
Apart from the HPUMAT Admit Card 2020, Candidates also have to carry a valid id proof (Passport, Voter id, Aadhaar id, Driving License) to appear for the exam. Without the admit card and valid identity proof, no candidate is allowed to write the exam.
HPUMAT 2020 Admit Card
Admit Card for HPUMAT 2020 Exam will be available on the official website of HPU MAT. Candidates can download the Admit Card and take multiple printouts of it which should be preserved until the admission process.
The candidates can download the HPUMAT 2020 Admit Card by following the steps given below:
- Download the HPU MAT Admit Card from the official website.
- In the login page, you have to enter the candidate's Application Number and Password.
- Click on the “Download Admit Card” to submit the candidate's details.
- On submitting the details HPU MAT Admit Card will be available on the screen.
- Download the admit card and then take at least an extra print out of the admit card.
Discrepancy: Candidates must thoroughly go through the Admit Card in case any printing mistakes should immediately contact the program coordinator.
HPUMAT 2020 Result
HPUBS is going to declare the dates of HPUMAT 2020 Results soon. The candidates are then called up for the interview according to their category during June. The result will be available on the official website of Himachal Pradesh University Business School only.
- Shortlist: Candidates will be shortlisted based on the marks secured in HPUMAT 2020 are called for the next phase of selection i.e. Group Discussion and Personal Interview Round.
- Merit List: Aggregate Score as per weightage has given to 10+2, Graduation, HPUMAT, Group Discussion, and Personal Interview will be used as a final score for Merit.
- Cut-off: HPU MAT 2020 will be announcing the Cut-off list once the results have been declared and analyzed.
How to Check HPUMAT 2020 Result?
The results for the HPUMAT examination will be available on the official website of the HP University and the candidates will need to log on to it to check their scorecard. Steps to be followed for downloading HPUMAT 2020 Result are as follows:
- Visit www.hpubsshimla.org
- Look at the Notice Board
- Click on the "HPUMAT 2020 Result" link
- Fill in the registration number as user ID and date of birth as password
- The result will be displayed on the screen
- Download and take a print out
Candidates who have cleared and secured minimum cut-off in HPUMAT 2020 Exam will be called for HPUMAT 2020 Counselling. Qualified candidates can read about the elaborated information in this section below and prepare for HPUMAT Counselling 2020. The factors determining the HPUMAT cutoff 2020 are as follows -
- Several candidates appeared for the HPUMAT 2020.
- Several candidates qualifying for the entrance exam.
- The difficulty level of the HPUMAT Question Paper.
- The total number of seats available.
HPUMAT Previous Year Cut-Off
|Open to all||26.75|
After the successful declaration of result, the next process in the course of the HPUMAT procedure will be the conduction of counselling. The students who have qualified shall be able to sit for this process. Candidates who are shortlisted as per the Cut-off will be called for Group Discussion and Personal Interview Round.
- Round Weightage: Group Discussion and Personal Interview Rounds have 10 marks weightage each.
- Documents: The following documents should be submitted during the time of HPUMAT 2020 Counselling:
- Original Academic Documents
- Proof of Category
- HPUMAT Scorecard
- HPUMAT Admit Card
- 5 Passport Size Photographs
- Photocopy (Set of all Documents)
HPUMAT 2020 Reference Books
For the preparation for the HPUMAT examination, the candidates may refer to the same format as for the preparation of the Common Admission Test (CAT). The quality of examination and the question format will be similar to that of the CAT exam. A list of important reference books to prepare yourself for HPUMAT 2020 is given in the table below -
|How to Prepare for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for the CAT||Arun Sharma, Meenakshi Upadhyay|
|The Pearson Guide to Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning for the CAT||Nishit K Sinha|
|A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning||Dr R S Aggarwal|
|Quantitative Aptitude for competitive examinations||R. S Aggarwal|
|The Pearson Guide to Quantitative Aptitude for CAT||Nishant Sinha|
|Quantitative aptitude for all competitive examinations||Abhijit Gupta|
|NCERT Mathematics Books for Standard 8, 9 and 10||NCERT|
|How to Prepare for Logical Reasoning for the CAT||Arun Sharma|
The contact information for the HPUMAT 2020 Exam is given below. Candidates can contact if they have any queries or doubts regarding HPUMAT Exam 2020.
|Address||Himachal Pradesh University Business SchoolSummer Hill, Shimla, Himachal Pradesh - 171005.|