BARC 2023 online test result is expected to be out on Apr 24, 2023. Candidates can book their slot for the interview round from Apr 26, 2023, to May 6, 2023. The interview round will take place from May 16, 2023, to Jun 16, 2023.
BARC exam is a golden opportunity for Engineering and Science graduates. Bhabha Atomic Research Centre is a highly reputed research centre that provides excellent career opportunities in Nuclear Science, Engineering & Technology.
To get into BARC, candidates must qualify for BARC online exam with flying colours. It is a national-level examination conducted online (computer-based test). BARC also accepts GATE scores. Aspiring candidates can review the article for detailed information about the examination and the process involved.
Latest Updates on BARC
- Apr 12, 2023: BARC 2023 result is expected to be released on Apr 24, 2023. Read More
Table of Contents
- BARC 2023 Result
- About BARC Exam
- BARC 2023 Exam Date
- BARC 2023 Exam Eligibility
- BARC 2023 Vacancy
- BARC 2023 Application Form
- BARC 2023 Admit Card
- BARC 2023 Exam Centres
- BARC 2023 Exam Pattern
- BARC 2023 Syllabus
- BARC 2023 Selection Process
- BARC 2023 Salary
- BARC 2023 Contact Details
BARC 2023 Result
BARC 2023 results will be declared on the official website on Apr 24, 2023. The results will be declared in the form of a merit list. Candidates could also see their scorecards by logging into their accounts. After the results will be announced, candidates will be shortlisted for the next round. The next round will be a personal interview.
Steps to Download BARC 2023 Result
Candidates can follow the steps mentioned below to check their results.
- Step 1: Candidates must visit the official website.
- Step 2: Check the recent notifications option on the homepage.
- Step 3: Choose the results link.
- Step 4: Log in using the login credentials.
- Step 5: PDFs which have the list of shortlisted candidates will be displayed next to the name of the subject
- Step 6: Choose the one next to the respective domain.
- Step 7: View the result and download the file.
- Step 8: Take a printout of it for further use.
About BARC Exam
BARC exam 2023 notification has been released on the official website by the conducting authorities. The full form of BARC is Bhabha Atomic Research Centre. BARC exam is conducted by the aforementioned authority for two courses namely OCES (Orientation Course for Engineering Graduates and Science Post Graduates - 1-year course) and DGFS (DAE Graduate Fellowship Scheme for Engineering Graduates and Physics Graduates - 2-year course) for M.Tech and M.Chem.Engg.
Candidates finishing off the OCES and DGFS course will be appointed as Scientific Officers in any of the DAE units or Atomic Energy Regulatory Board. If a candidate performs above a designated level, then they will be entitled to pursue Post Graduate Diploma at HBNI (Homi Bhabha National Institute). In addition to that, candidates will also earn credits to study other programs at HBNI e.g., M.Tech, M.Phil, Ph.D. DGFS fellows too will get an opportunity to study Ph.D. through HBNI after joining through DAE (Department of Atomic Energy).
Both men and women are eligible to apply for this exam. The performance of the aspirants in GATE exam will also be considered while shortlisting them. Shortlisted candidates will be trained at different schools of BARC situated in different locations.
|Exam Name||BARC Exam|
|Full Form||Bhabha Atomic Research Centre Exam|
|Frequency of Exam||Once Every Year|
|BARC Exam Application Fee||INR 500/- without Taxes|
|Maximum Marks||100 Marks|
|BARC Exam Exam Duration||120 Minutes (2 Hours)|
|Marking Scheme||3 Marks Awarded for Correct Answer
1 Mark Deducted for Every Wrong Answer
|Helpdesk||+91-22-25505050 / 25592000
BARC 2023 Accepted Streams
The candidates who are willing to apply for BARC 2023 online exam must belong to the following disciplines.
|Civil Engineering||Computer Science Engineering|
|Chemical Engineering||Electrical Engineering|
|Electronics Engineering||Mechanical Engineering|
|Metallurgical Engineering||Nuclear Engineering|
BARC Exam Date 2023
Check the important dates related to BARC exam date 2023 events below.
|Application Form Release Date||Feb 4, 2023|
|Last Date to Apply for BARC||Mar 14, 2023|
|BARC 2023 Admit Card Release Date||Apr 1, 2023|
|Exam Dates||Apr 8 - 9, 2023|
|Last Date to Submit GATE Scores||Mar 29, 2023|
|Results of Online Test||Apr 24, 2023|
|Slot Booking for Interview Round||Apr 26 - May 6, 2023|
|Interview Rounds||May 16, 2023 - Jun 16, 2023|
|Declaration of Final Result - OCES-2023||Jul 7, 2023|
|Last Date for Selected OCES 2023 Candidates to Submit Details of M.Tech/ M.Chem. Engg in a DFGS Institute||Jul 10, 2023|
|Announcement of Candidates Selected for DFGS 2023||Jul 14, 2023|
|Commencement of OCES 2023||Aug 7, 2023|
BARC Recruitment 2023 Important Dates for Various Posts
The important dates for the BARC exam date 2023 are below. The official notification for the recruitment will be released soon, for vacancies in the posts of Stenographer (Grade III), Driver and Work Assistant-A.
|Release of Official Notification||To be Announced|
|Commencement of Online Application for BARC 2023 Recruitment||To be Announced|
|Last Date to Apply Online for BARC Recruitment 2023 (Stenographer (Grade III), Driver and Work Assistant-A)||To be Announced|
|Last Date to Pay for BARD Recruitment 2023 Online (Stenographer (Grade III), Driver and Work Assistant-A)||To be Announced|
|Last Date to Apply Online for BARC Recruitment 2023 (Nurse, Scientific Assistant/B in various disciplines, Sub officer/B)||To be Announced|
|Last Date to Apply Online for BARC Recruitment 2023 (Medical /Scientific Officer/Technical Officer-C and other posts)||Mar 2, 2023|
BARC 2023 Exam Eligibility
BARC 2023 eligibility criteria for different disciplines in OCES/ DGFS 2023 are different. These are described below.
BARC 2023 Eligibility for Engineering Disciplines
- Candidate should possess B.E./ B.Tech/B.Sc (Engineering) /5-year Integrated M.Sc degree with a minimum of 60% aggregate. candidates who are opting to be evaluated on GATE score must have a valid GATE 2021 or GATE 2023 score.
- Candidates possessing any of the degrees below are not eligible to apply for BARC exam.
- Automobile, Automotive, Aerospace, Industrial Production, Reliable, Ceramics, Architecture, Geology, Mining, Bio-Medical Electronics/Instruments, Communication, Information Technology, Master of Computer Applications, Dyes & Dye Intermediaries, Electrochemical, Energy Systems, Oils & Fats, Paints & Varnishes, Petrochemicals, Plastics, Paper, Sugar Technology, Textiles and Mechatronics.
BARC 2023 Eligibility for Fast Reactor Technology-M
- Candidate should possess B.E./B.Tech/B.Sc (Engineering)/5-year Integrated M.Sc degree with a minimum of 60% aggregate in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering.
BARC 2023 Eligibility for Fast Reactor Technology-E
- Candidate should possess B.E./B.Tech/B.Sc (Engineering)/5-year Integrated M.Sc degree with a minimum of 60% aggregate in Electrical or Electronics Engineering.
BARC 2023 Eligibility for Quality Assurance & Quality Control (QA & QC)
- Candidate should possess B.E./B.Tech/B.Sc (Engineering)/5-year Integrated M.Sc degree with a minimum of 60% aggregate in Mechanical or Metallurgical Engineering.
BARC 2023 Eligibility for Physics Discipline
- Candidates should possess M.Sc in Physics/Applied Physics with Physics or Maths at B.Sc or at subsidiary/ancillary level in case of 5-year Integrated M.Sc or B.E./B.Tech in Engineering Physics with a minimum of 60% aggregate in the qualifying degree.
- M.Sc candidates (other than those applying with a 5-year M.Sc Degree) must additionally have an aggregate of 60% minimum in B.Sc.
- Physics PG candidates who opted to be evaluated on the basis of GATE score need to have a valid GATE 2019 or GATE 2020 score in Physics. Applicants possessing B.E./B.Tech degree in Engineering Physics can apply with GATE with a valid GATE 2019 or GATE 2020 score.
BARC 2023 Eligibility for Chemistry Discipline
- Candidates should possess M.Sc in Chemistry with Physics up to B.Sc. or at subsidiary/ancillary level in case of 5-year Integrated M.Sc or B.E./B.Tech and Maths at 12th level or at B.Sc. or at subsidiary/ancillary level in case of 5-year Integrated M.Sc with a minimum of 60% aggregate in M.Sc.
- All other candidates (except the M.Sc candidates those applying with a 5-year M.Sc Degree) must additionally have an aggregate of 60% minimum in B.Sc.
- Candidates who opted to be evaluated on the basis of the GATE score need to have a valid GATE 2019 or GATE 2020 score in Chemistry.
BARC 2023 Eligibility for Biosciences Discipline
- A candidate should possess M.Sc in Agriculture, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Genetics, Botany, Zoology, Biotechnology, Plant Science, Plant Breeding, Plant Pathology, Entomology, Food Technology, Animal Sciences, Life Sciences, Biomedical Sciences, Biosciences with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks in M.Sc as well as B.Sc. OR,
- B.E./B.Tech/B.Sc (Tech.) only in Food Technology with a minimum of 60% marks.
- M.Sc students should have at least one of Physics or Chemistry or Biochemistry or Agriculture Chemistry subjects at the B.Sc stage or at the subsidiary or ancillary level in case of a 5-year Integrated M.Sc.
- Applicants opting to be evaluated on the basis of the GATE score should possess a valid GATE 2019 or GATE 2020 score in Life Sciences or in Biotechnology.
- Candidates having an M.Sc in subjects like Fisheries, Horticulture, Forestry, Agronomy, Animal Husbandry, Marine Biology, Bio-Analytical Sciences, Bio-Informatics, and Life Sciences are ineligible to apply for BARC exam.
BARC 2023 Eligibility for Radiological Safety and Environmental Science (RSES)
- Candidates should possess a B.E./B.Tech in Nuclear Engineering/Nuclear Technology/Nuclear Science & Technology with a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate. OR,
- M.Sc in Physics or Chemistry with Physics and Chemistry up to B.Sc. or at the subsidiary or ancillary level in case of 5-year Integrated M.Sc and Maths at Class 12th or at B.Sc or at a subsidiary or ancillary level in case of 5-year Integrated M.Sc, with a minimum of 60% marks aggregate in M.Sc.
BARC 2023 Eligibility for Geology Discipline
- Candidates should possess an M.Sc or equivalent M.tech in Geology/Applied Geology/Applied Geochemistry with Geology at B.Sc level or 5-year Integrated M.Tech in Geological Technology.
- Eligible candidates must have 2 subjects out of Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry up to B.Sc or at subsidiary/ancillary level in case of 5-year integrated M.Sc/M.Tech.
- All eligible candidates (other than the ones applying with a 5-year integrated M.Sc/M.Tech degree) must have a minimum of 60% aggregate marks in B.Sc.
- In addition, eligible candidates should have passed Mathematics in Class 12th. All candidates opting to be evaluated on the basis of GATE Score should have a valid GATE 2019 or GATE 2020 score in Geology and Geophysics.
BARC 2023 Eligibility for Geophysics Discipline
- Candidate should possess an M.Sc in Geophysics/Applied Geophysics or 5-year integrated M.Tech in Geophysical Technology. Eligible candidates must have Mathematics up to B.Sc or at subsidiary/ancillary level in case of 5-year integrated M.Sc/M.tech with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks in M.Sc/M.Tech.
- All eligible candidates must have a minimum of 60% aggregate marks in B.Sc. Applicants opting to be evaluated on the basis of GATE Score should have a valid GATE 2019 or GATE 2020 score in Geology or Geophysics.
Note: Candidates having M.Sc by (research) or Ph.D. are not eligible to apply for BARC exam.
BARC 2023 Eligibility for Admission to DGFS
- Candidates must have a qualifying degree in 21-28 or 41 as mentioned in the notification and who meet the corresponding eligibility criteria as mentioned above. They are eligible to secure admission for M.tech/M.Chem. Engineering.
BARC 2023 Nationality
- All candidates who are applying for BARC 2023 must be citizens of India.
BARC 2023 Age Limit
Age Limit for applying for courses under BARC 2023 varies for different categories, as mentioned below.
|Category||Age (As On Aug 1, 2023)|
|Dependents of those who died in 1984 riots||31 years|
|Persons domiciled in Kashmir Division of J&K||31 years|
Note: Physically Challenged persons in all the categories have a relaxation of 10 years.
BARC 2023 Vacancy
There are a total of 4374 vacancies announced in BARC 2023 for the candidates. The detailed post-wise breakdown for all in the vacancies in BARC 2023 is provided below.
|BARC Post Name||Number of Vacancies|
|Category-II Stipendiary Trainee (Electrician)||399|
|Category-II Stipendiary Trainee (Laboratory)||303|
|Technical Officer/C (Chemistry)||9|
|Technical Officer/C (Physics)||14|
|Technical Officer/C (Architecture)||1|
|Technical Officer/C (Chemical)||20|
|Technical Officer/C (Civil)||20|
|Technical Officer/C (Computer Science)||12|
|Technical Officer/C (Drilling)||8|
|Technical Officer/C (Electrical)||23|
|Technical Officer/C (Electronics)||15|
|Technical Officer/C (Instrumentation)||8|
|Technical Officer/C (Mechanical)||44|
|Technical Officer/C (Metallurgy)||3|
|Technical Officer/C (Mining)||2|
|Technical Officer/C (Library and Information Science)||1|
|Scientific Assistant/B (Food Technology / Home Science / Nutrition)||7|
|Technician/B (Boiler Attendant)||24|
|Category-I Stipendiary Trainee (Biochemistry / Bio Science / Life Science / Biology)||21|
|Category-I Stipendiary Trainee (Chemistry)||169|
|Category-I Stipendiary Trainee (Physics)||117|
|Category-I Stipendiary Trainee (Computer Science)||25|
|Category-I Stipendiary Trainee (Agriculture)||2|
|Category-I Stipendiary Trainee (Horticulture)||6|
|Category-I Stipendiary Trainee (Chemical)||171|
|Category-I Stipendiary Trainee (Electrical)||144|
|Category-I Stipendiary Trainee (Electronics)||98|
|Category-I Stipendiary Trainee (Electronics & Instrumentation)||59|
|Category-I Stipendiary Trainee (Mechanical)||328|
|Category-I Stipendiary Trainee (Metallurgy)||5|
|Category-I Stipendiary Trainee (Architecture)||2|
|Category-I Stipendiary Trainee (Civil)||62|
|Category-I Stipendiary Trainee (Automobile)||4|
|Category-I Stipendiary Trainee (Industrial Safety)||3|
|Category-II Stipendiary Trainee (Fitter)||698|
|Category-II Stipendiary Trainee (Turner / Machinist)||213|
|Category-II Stipendiary Trainee (Welder)||99|
|Category-II Stipendiary Trainee (Mechanic Machine Tool Maintenance)||18|
|Technical Officer/C (Bio-Science/ Life Science/ Biochemistry/ Microbiology/ Biotechnology)||1|
|Category-II Stipendiary Trainee (Electronic Mechanic)||226|
|Category-II Stipendiary Trainee (Instrument Mechanic)||152|
|Category-II Stipendiary Trainee (Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Mechanic)||95|
|Category-II Stipendiary Trainee (Draughtsman (Mechanical))||52|
|Category-II Stipendiary Trainee (Draughtsman (Civil))||15|
|Category-II Stipendiary Trainee (Mason)||30|
|Category-II Stipendiary Trainee (Plumber)||42|
|Category-II Stipendiary Trainee (Carpenter)||27|
|Category-II Stipendiary Trainee (Mechanic Motor Vehicle)||24|
|Category-II Stipendiary Trainee (Diesel Mechanic)||19|
|Category-II Stipendiary Trainee (Plant Operator)||532|
|Category-II Stipendiary Trainee (Dental Technician – Mechanic)||1|
|Category-II Stipendiary Trainee (Dental Technician – Hygienist)||1|
BARC 2023 Application Form
BARC Recruitment 2023 application process for vacancies for Medical /Scientific Officer/Technical Officer-C and other posts has been released on Feb 4, 2023, and the last date to apply was Mar 14, 2023. BARC Recruitment 2023 applications started will begin for 36 vacancies of Nurse, Scientific assistant in various disciplines, Sub officer/B and other posts. Candidates will have to apply and pay the application fee before the last date to appear for the recruitment BARC exam 2023.
Steps to Apply for BARC 2023
A step-by-step process is given below to aid the candidates in applying for BARC 2023 exam.
- Step 1: Candidates must visit the official website of BARC 2023 exam.
- Step 2: Next, click on the 'Apply Online' link and fill in the appropriate information like name, mother's name, date of the birth email ID, etc.
- Step 3: After the successful registration, an OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number or an activation link on the registered email ID. Use any of the two to activate the account.
- Step 4: Post activation, start to fill the application form. Upload images of passport-sized photographs and signatures. The size of the images should not exceed 50 KB for the photograph files and 20 KB for the signature file.
- Step 5: Next, pay the application fee for BARC exam which is INR 500 (excluding taxes). Exam fees can only be paid through online mode. Candidates can use Credit Card/Debit Card/Internet Banking to pay the fee.
- Step 6: A unique registration number will be generated. This number will be considered for all kinds of future correspondence.
Note: Candidates who are applying through GATE score had to submit their scores was before Mar 24, 2023, (only for GATE 2023 applicants). Only the candidates who want to be evaluated on the basis of GATE 2021 score have to give the details about GATE 2021 score while applying for BARC exam 2023.
Documents Required to Apply for BARC 2023 Exam
The following documents are required to apply for BARC exam 2023.
- A valid photo ID proof (e.g. Passport, Driving License, Aadhar, Voter ID Card, ID Card issued by the Candidate's college)
- Original 10th Mark sheet (or equivalent)
- Category Certificate of the relevant categories.
BARC 2023 Application Fee
BARC 2023 registration process is completed when candidates submit their application form for the same. Paying the application fee is the last step in this process. For BARC 2023, candidates will have to pay a category-wise application fee which is provided below in a tabular format.
|Caste Category||BARC Post Name||Category|
|UR/OBC/EWS||Technical Officer||INR 500/-|
|Scientific Assistant||INR 150/-|
|Stipendiary Trainee (Category I)||INR 150/-|
|Stipendiary Trainee (Category II)||INR 100/-|
BARC 2023 Admit Card
BARC 2023 admit card was made available on the official website before the exam was conducted on Apr 1, 2023. Any candidate who will be without the admit card on the day of the exam, will not be allowed to enter the examination hall. Admit card will have all the details related to BARC 2023 exam centre like address and date and time slot of the exam.
Steps to Download BARC 2023 Hall Ticket
Candidates can follow the given steps in order to download BARC Hall Ticket:
- Step 1: Candidates must visit the official website of Bhabha Atomic Research Centre.
- Step 2: Click on the 'Admit Card' link.
- Step 3: A new page will appear on the screen.
- Step 4: Choose the link as per the post applied for.
- Step 5: Now, download the admit card once the page displays it.
- Step 6: Take the printout of admit card for future reference.
BARC 2023 Exam Centres
There are 43 cities in India where BARC 2023 exam will be conducted. Candidates could select a number of exam centres at their convenience. Candidates will be allotted only one exam centre out of the choices made by the candidate. Once the exam centre is allotted to the candidate, it would not be changed under any circumstances. Exam centres for BARC 2023 exam are given below in detail.
|BARC 2023 Exam Centres|
BARC 2023 Exam Pattern
BARC 2023 online test will be conducted as computer-based test. BARC exam comprised of 100 questions. The time allotted to attempt BARC exam will be 120 minutes (2 hours). The maximum marks of BARC exam is 300 marks.
Marking Scheme: For every correct answer, a candidate will be awarded 3 marks. Whereas, for every wrong answer, 1 mark will be deducted. There will be only one correct choice for every question asked.
BARC 2023 Syllabus
BARC 2023 exam syllabus 2023 will be specific to the subjects selected by the candidate appearing either for Engineering or Science stream. The question paper will assess the candidate in the respective fields. But the exam does not test the candidate in General Knowledge, General English, and Quantitative Aptitude.
BARC 2023 Selection Process
BARC 2023 selection process for BARC 2023 will begin after the declaration of results and release of merit list, Shortlisted candidates will be called to attend the selection process for BARC 2023. Candidates could participate in the personal interview round if they have qualified for BARC 2023 online exam or have qualified GATE scores. They will be informed about the selection process and dates through SMS and email.
Selection Interviews will be conducted in Mumbai for all disciplines except Geology and Geophysics. For Geophysics and Geology, the interviews were conducted in Hyderabad. The shortlisted candidates who live outstation will be reimbursed with a two-way normal Tier-III AC train fare from the place they have registered their permanent address.
Candidates will be sent a notification about the selection process through emails and messages. The final selection will be subjected to medical fitness and the candidate's performance in the personal interview. The candidates will be notified about their selection through SMS or Email. BARC 2023 selection process will be based on the following.
Based on GATE Score: Except for Nuclear Engineering, all other courses have the option of shortlisting candidates through their GATE score. Candidates with a good GATE score can apply and get shortlisted for the next interview round.
Based on Online Exam: Candidates who have not appeared for GATE exam or those who do not have a good GATE score need not worry. They could apply for BARC 2023 exam and give their best. Candidates will be shortlisted for the next round (interview) based on their performance in the online examination.
BARC 2023 Salary
The post-wise entry pay and pay level for various posts under the BARC 2023 recruitment scheme are provided below for the candidates.
|BARC Post Name||Pay Level||Entry Pay|
|Technical Officer/C||Level 10||INR 56,100|
|Scientific Assistant/B||Level 6||INR 35,400|
|Technician/B||Level 3||INR 21,700|
|Category I – Stipendiary Trainee||Stipend||1st year- INR 24,000|
|2nd year- INR 26,000|
|Category-II- Stipendiary Trainee||Stipend||1st year- INR 20,000|
|2nd year- INR 22,000|
BARC 2023 Contact Details
The contact details of BARC are listed below.
Bhabha Atomic Research Centre,
Trombay, Mumbai - 400 085 India
Contact Number: +91-22-25505050 / 25592000
Email ID: [email protected]
Official Website: www.barconlineexam.in/
What is BARC exam?
Full form of BARC is Bhabha Atomic Research Centre. BARC Exam is conducted by the aforementioned authority for two courses namely OCES (Orientation Course for Engineering Graduates and Science Post Graduates - 1-year course) and DGFS (DAE Graduate Fellowship Scheme for Engineering Graduates and Physics Graduates - 2-year course) for M.Tech and M.Chem.Engg.
What is the age limit for BARC?
The age limit for different categories is as mentioned below: General category -26 years OBC- 29 years SC/ST - 31 years Dependents of those who died in 1984 riots - 31 years Persons domiciled in Kashmir Division of J&K - 31 years Physically Challenged persons in all the categories have a relaxation of 10 years.
What is BARC exam pattern?
BARC Online Test was conducted online as a computer-based test. BARC Exam comprised of 100 questions. Time allotted to attempt BARC Exam was 120 minutes (2 hours). Maximum marks of BARC exam was 300 marks.
What is the marking scheme followed in BARC exam?
For every correct answer, a candidate is awarded 3 marks. Whereas, for every wrong answer, 1 mark is deducted. There is only one correct choice for every question asked.