|Conducted By||The central and state government of India|
|Eligibility||Candidates from class I to class X|
|Rewards||Up to INR 1,840 per month|
|Last Date of Application||October 31, 2022|
The pre matric scholarships are available to bonafide citizens of India studying class I to class X. The central and state governments fund the scholarship for students studying at a government recognised school. The objective is to provide them with economic aid and prevent school dropouts due to financial challenges. The readers can scroll down to know what pre matric scholarship is and the benefits available to students from different backgrounds.
List of Pre Matric Scholarship
There are several central and state-sponsored pre matric scholarship schemes available to students. In addition, many private organisations and NGOs offer financial aid to students studying at the pre matric level, which is classes I to X. Given below is a popular list of pre matric scholarship 2022 schemes available to Indian citizens:
- Pre Matric Scholarship for OBC Students
- Pre Matric Scholarship for Minority Students
- Pre Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities
- Pre Matric Financial Assistance for Education of the Wards of Beedi/ Cine/ IOMC/ LSDM Workers
- National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship
- Umbrella Scholarship
- COVID Crisis (Jyoti Prakash) Support Scholarship
- Digital Bharati COVID Scholarship
- FIHFC Scholarship
|Check Other Top Scholarships in India|
|State wise Scholarships|
|Discipline Level Scholarships|
|Category wise Scholarships|
|Class wise Scholarships|
|Course wise Scholarships|
Pre Matric Scholarship for OBC Students
The Ministry of Social Justice under the government of India provides the pre-matric scholarship for OBC students between classes I and X. They should be studying in government recognised institutions, with a family income less than INR 2,50,000 per annum. The scheme will terminate after the students complete class X. The government will award the pre matric scholarship amount for ten months to the selected students in the following manner:
- Hostellers from classes III to X - INR 500 per month
- Day-scholars from classes I to X - INR 100 per month
- Additionally, the hostellers and day-scholars will receive INR 500 per annum as an ad-hoc grant.
Note: The government will disburse the amount from the date of joining to leaving the school. However, the vacation period will be excluded while calculating the academic year. Therefore the students will receive the pre matric scholarship amount for ten months.
Read more: Pre Matric Scholarship for OBC Students.
Pre Matric Scholarship for Minority Students
The government also awards minority students from class I to X through the pre matric scholarship scheme. It is a centrally sponsored scholarship programme funded by the Ministry of Minority Affairs (MOMA). Besides pre matric, they also offer other scholarship schemes through the MOMA Scholarship.
The students from class I to X studying at recognised institutions, with an annual family income of less than INR 1,00,000 from all sources, can apply to this pre matric scholarship scheme. However, it is exclusively available to students belonging to the minority communities such as Christianity, Buddhism, Islam, Jains, Sikhs and Parsis. The government will disburse the following pre matric scholarship amount to the selected students:
- Hostellers and day-scholars from class VI to X will receive INR 500 per annum towards the admission fee and INR 350 per month to cover the tuition fee.
- The day-scholars from classes I to V will receive INR 100 per month as maintenance allowance.
- In addition, the hostellers from classes VI to X will receive INR 600 per month, and day-scholars from the same class level will receive INR 100 per month.
Interested candidates should submit the pre matric scholarship forms within October 31st, 2022.
Read more: Pre Matric Scholarship for Minority Students.
Pre Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities
The central government provides the pre matric scholarship for disabled students to motivate them to receive basic education. The Department of Persons with a Disability under the government of India funds the pre matric scholarship scheme for specially-abled students. Therefore, those with at least 40% disability studying in classes IX and X and with an annual family income of less than INR 2,50,000 per annum can apply to this pre matric scholarship scheme. Eligible candidates can submit their applications on the NSP portal.
The government reserves 50% of the pre matric scholarships for disabled female candidates every year. The applicants who want to continue receiving the benefits should submit a pre matric scholarship renewal form at the end of each year. The selected students will receive the amount in the following manner:
- The day-scholars will receive INR 500 and hostellers INR 800 every month as maintenance allowance. They will receive the benefit for twelve months.
- They will also receive a book grant of INR 1,000 per annum.
- In addition, the government awards the students with an allowance depending on the type of disability. Tabulated below are the details of the pre matric scholarship amount and type of disability:
|Type of Disability||Pre Matric Scholarship Amount|
|Visually impaired||INR 4,000|
|Physically disabled||INR 2,000|
|Intellectually disabled||INR 4,000|
|Other types of disability||INR 2,000|
The candidates can apply for the disability scheme before the pre matric scholarship last date, September 30th, 2022.
Pre Matric Financial Assistance for Education of the Wards of Beedi/ Cine/ IOMC/ LSDM Workers
The Ministry of Labour and Employment under the government of India provides pre matric scholarship 2022 benefits for children of Beedi, Cine, IOMC and LSDM workers. The parents should have engaged as Beedi, Iron Ore Manganese & Chrome (IOMC), Ore Mines, Limestone & Dolomite Mines, Cine workers, contact and Gharkhata workers for at least six months. The candidates from class I to X studying at recognised institutions will receive the benefit. They can apply for this scheme on the NSP portal. The government offers pre matric scholarship amounts for male and female students separately. The details of the benefits are as follows:
- The government disburses INR 250 for boys and girls from classes I to IV to purchase dresses, books, etc.
- The male students between classes V to VIII will receive INR 500, and female students will receive INR 940.
- The male students in class IX will receive INR 700, and female students will receive INR 1,140.
- The male students in class X will receive INR 1,400, and female students will receive INR 1,840.
The last date to apply for the pre matric scholarship for children of Beedi, Cine, IOMC and LSDM workers is September 30th, 2022.
National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship
The national means-cum-merit scholarship is available to the students of classes IX and X. It is a central sector scheme provided by the Department of School Education and Literacy. The objective is to award deserving students and prevent them from dropping out of schools after class VIII. The NMMSS scheme also extends to students in classes XI and XII.
The candidates studying in state government, government-aided and local body schools with an annual family income of less than INR 1,50,000 can apply to this pre matric scholarship scheme. However, they should have secured a minimum of 55% marks in class VII and cleared the selection test to receive the benefit. The selected students will receive INR 12,000 per annum.
Interested candidates can submit the pre matric scholarship form for the NMMSS scheme on the NSP portal by September 30th, 2022.
Read more on the National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship.
The Umbrella scholarship is a centrally sponsored scheme available to the students from the Scheduled Tribe (ST). The Ministry of Tribal Affairs under the government of India has initiated the Umbrella pre matric scholarship exclusively to the ST students domiciled in Arunachal Pradesh. Students from classes IX and X with an annual family income of not more than INR 2,00,000 can apply to this scheme. Those eligible can submit the applications online through the NSP portal. They will receive the following benefits:
- The day-scholars will receive INR 150 per month, and the hostellers will receive INR 350 per month for ten months.
- Additionally, the day-scholars will receive INR 750 per annum, and hostellers will receive INR 1,000 for books and ad hoc grants.
Eligible students can submit the pre matric scholarship application forms on the NSP portal by October 30th, 2021.
Read more: Umbrella Scholarship.
COVID Crisis (Jyoti Prakash) Support Scholarship
The Buddy4Study India Foundation provides the COVID crisis (Jyoti Prakash) support scholarship for vulnerable students who have lost one or both parents or earning members who have lost their jobs due to COVID-19. The scheme is available to the students from classes I to X. This programme also extends to undergraduate courses. The school students will receive the pre matric scholarship amount in the following manner:
- Classes I to VIII - INR 9,000
- Classes IX and X - INR 12,000
The candidates can visit the official website and submit the pre matric scholarship application forms by January 31st, 2022.
Digital Bharati COVID Scholarship
The digital Bharati COVID scholarship offers financial assistance to students who have lost their parent(s) due to the COVID-19. The Parliamentarians with Innovators for India' (PI India) funds the programme to students from class I to XII. The organisation offers several benefits to the selected students. Therefore, the scholars will receive vouchers to avail subscriptions at ed-tech companies, tablets/laptops and career guidance. Interested students should click on the link, fill in the pre matric scholarship form and submit it before the last date.
The pre matric scholarship 2021 last date for the digital Bharati COVID programme is November 30th, 2021.
Read more: Digital Bharati COVID Scholarship.
The Fullerton India Home Finance Company Ltd. (FIHFCL) has launched the FIHFC scholarship as a part of its CSR initiative. The candidates from Ahmedabad, Surat, Jaipur, Lucknow and Dehradun studying class X at a government recognised school can apply for this pre matric scholarship scheme. However, the FIHFC extends the scholarship till class XII. Therefore, the candidates from the eligible states with family incomes less than INR 4,00,000 per annum can apply. Those selected under the scheme will receive INR 10,000 as a one-time payment.
The pre matric last date to apply for the FIHFCL scholarship scheme is July 31st, 2021.
Read more: FIHFC Scholarship.
Pre Matric Scholarship Contact Details
Students applying for the pre matric school scholarship for OBC category, pre matric scholarship for minorities, pre matric scholarship for disabilities, financial assistance for the education of the wards of Beedi/ Cine/ IOMC/ LSDM workers, national means-cum-merit scheme and Umbrella scholarship can contact the NSP portal help desk for further queries. The contact details are as follows:
- Helpline Number: 0120 - 6619540
- Email ID: [email protected]
The pre matric scholarship contact details for the COVID crisis (Jyoti Prakash) support scholarship program are as follows:
- Contact Number: 011-430-92248 (Ext - 180) (between Monday and Friday from 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM)
- Email ID: [email protected]
Students with queries regarding digital Bharati COVID scholarship can reach out to the helpdesk. The details are as follows:
- Helpline Number: +91-9899509943 (between Monday and Friday from 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM)
- Email ID: [email protected]
Candidates applying for the FIHFC scholarship can reach out to the helpdesk on the following number:
- Helpline Number: +91-11-430-92248 (Ext: 114) (between Monday and Friday from 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM)
- Email ID: [email protected]
- Pre-Matric Scholarship
- INSPIRE Scholarship
- MOMA Scholarship
- LIC Scholarship
- Chevening Scholarship
- NSDL Scholarship
- Jio Scholarship
- Vidyadhan Scholarship
- KVPY Scholarship
- Umbrella Scholarship
- PFMS Scholarship
- ePASS Scholarship
- Dr Ambedkar Scholarship
- Vedantu Scholarship
- KARePAAS Scholarship
- MYSY Scholarship
- Swami Vivekananda Scholarship