|Conducted By||Government of India|
|Eligibility||High School Students|
|Rewards||Admission Fee, Tuition Fee, and Maintenance Allowance|
|Last Date of Application||October 31, 2020|
Pre-Matric Scholarship Scheme for Minority students is provided to students from class 1 to 10 belonging to the minority committee. It has been implemented by the Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India to financially embolden the meritorious school-going children and encourage parents to nurture the higher education of their children.
The scholarship provides a waiver in tuition and admission fees. The last date to apply for the scholarship is 15 October, 2020.
Christians, Muslims, Sikhs, Buddhists, Jain and Zoroastrians (Parsis) have been considered as minority communities under the 2 (c) section of the National Commission for Minorities Act, 1992. Selected beneficiaries will be granted with an Admission fee, Tuition fee, and Maintenance allowance.
Pre-Matric meritorious school children with a maximum of INR 1 lakh family annual income can apply for the scholarship before 15 October 2020. This national minority scholarship is offered under the MOMA scholarship category.
Scholarship Quick Links:
The quick links for the ease-of-access are given below:
- Eligibility Criteria
- Rewards and Benefits
- Application Process
- Selection Process
- Renewal of Scholarship
- Important Documents
- Additional Details
- Important Dates
- Terms and Conditions
- Contact Details
Pre Matric Scholarship for Minority Students Eligibility Criteria:
The scholarship offered by the Ministry of Minority Affairs is targeted on community-based minorities. Student shortlist shall be generated based on income and date of birth (age preference) respectively.
- Students of Indian National studying in government or government-recognized private schools are eligible to apply.
- The applicant must be studying in class 1 to 10.
- The scholarship is reserved for students with at least 50 percent marks in the previous final examination.
- Applicant should belong to any one of these minority communities:
- Christian, Muslim, Sikh, Buddhist, Jain, and Parsi (Zoroastrian).
- The overall family annual income of the applicant must not exceed INR 1.00 lakh.
Note: More than two candidates from a family is not allowed under the scholarship scheme.
Pre Matric Scholarship Rewards and Benefits:
The standard financial assistance provided to Pre-Matric Scholars of 2019-20 are as follows:
- INR 500 per year/ Admission fee for class 6 to 10 (Applicable for both Hostellers and Day Scholars).
- INR 350 per month/ Tuition fee for class 6 to 10 (Applicable for both Hostellers and Day Scholars).
- INR 100 per month Maintenance Allowance for class 1 to 5 (Day Scholar).
- INR 600 per month maintenance allowance for class 6 to 10 (Hosteller) and INR 100 for Day Scholar.
Note: All the allowance scheme will be provided for 10 months in an academic year.
Reservations are provided based on the availability of scholarships and the specified conditions are mentioned below:
- 30 percent of allowance scheme is earmarked for girl students from the minority community. The absence of filling up the quota will transfer the quota to male candidates.
- If any minority community in a particular State or Union Territory is not utilized then the scholarship will equally be distributed among the same minorities in other States and Union territories.
- Students from a particular State or Union Territory must secure scholarship under the same State irrespective of their place of study.
Application Process for Pre Matric Scholarship for Minority Students:
The step-by-step application process to avail the benefits of the scholarship are:
- Click on New Registration in the National Scholarship Portal.
- Read and Agree to the terms and conditions and click on Continue.
- Enter the scholarship details and personal details.
- Enter the Bank Details such as bank name, IFSC, account number, etc.
- Click on the Register button after giving Aadhar number/Bank account number as identification details.
- An OTP number will be generated once the mobile number gets verified.
- Log in with the OTP number and fill the form.
- Application ID and Password will be given for future reference.
Note: Candidates are advised to fill the form correctly, hence no changes can be made once the application is submitted. The scholarship management shall not encourage multiple applications as it will lead to the form cancellation.
Scholarship Selection Process:
The Scholars for the academic year 2019-20 are selected based on certain order of preference:
- The number of seats per year under the scholarship scheme is fixed and limited.
- The selection criterion has a preference for poverty than that of the marks obtained by the applicant.
- In the case of candidates with the same income, Date of Birth criteria (Age preference) will be taken for the following merit generation.
Renewal of Scholarship for Minorities:
The Renewal of Scholarship is based on the mark obtained by the scholar in his/ her previous examination.
- Scholarship Renewal generates every next year of the students' academic period.
- For the Renewal of the Scholarship, the student must produce an affidavit showing he/she has obtained a minimum of 50 percent marks in the previous examination.
The details regarding documents required for applying for the scholarship are
- It is mandatory to produce an Aadhar number or any alternative identity document while applying.
- Candidate must produce Income Certificate from the respected authority in the state.
- Students are requested to obtain a self-certified community certificate.
- Domicile Certificate.
- Passport size photo.
- Mark sheet of the previous course/exam (Self Attested).
- Bank Account Proof.
Scholarship Additional Details:
Announcement of Scheme:
The announcement of the scheme will be published by the concerned State/Union Territory administration through the suitable means of public media such as Newspapers and local dailies.
Bank Account Details:
Candidates should carefully select their bank and branch and enter the account number correctly. Students are suggested to confirm their account number and IFSC code with the bank branch. The students must check their KYC (Know Your Customer) status from the bank.
- The scholarship will be canceled in case of incorrect bank details
- Bank Account must be active during the time of awarding of scholarship in the absence of which the Ministry of Minority Affairs will not be responsible for transaction failure.
- Account Holder must be the same applicant or a joint account with anyone of the parents.
Monitoring and transparency:
The State/Union Territory is responsible for maintaining the year-wise details regarding the scholars such as Institute, Location, Renewal, permanent address, class, gender, etc. All the relevant financial and physical details will be documented and monitored by the concerned State or Union Territory on their official website.
Administrative expenses are the expenses carried out by the Ministry of Minority Affairs in order to obtain skilled personnel for the required operations of the Pre-Matric Scholarship Scheme. As the number of data is vast and the process is time taking, qualified people are mandatory to process and analyze data.
Expenses for the physical requirement such as office, computers, furniture, and employees are considered as administrative expenses. The Ministry has allocated 1 percent of the total budget of the scholarship to meet the administrative and allied costs.
Pre Matric Scholarship for Minority Students Important Dates:
- Last Date of Application: 15 October, 2020.
- Last Date of Defective Verification: 31 October, 2020.
- Last Date of Institute Verification: 31 October, 2020.
Terms and Conditions:
The rules and regulations regarding the Pre-Matric Scholarship are mentioned below
- Students with regular attendance are eligible for allowance as there will be attendance scrutiny by the Institution.
- Students are not allowed to benefit more than one scholarship.
- Any violation of terms and conditions of the Scholarship may lead to the scholarship cancellation and the student shall be debarred from any future scholarship allowances.
- The scholarship renewal will not be granted if a student fails to secure a 50 percent mark in their previous examination.
- The scholarship scheme is completely funded by the Ministry of Minority Affairs under the Government of India.
- A valid income certificate recognized by the competent authority is mandatory to demand the allowance.
- Applicants must provide Aadhar Number while applying and the scholarship amount will be transferred to the Aadhar linked bank account only.
- All the benefits such as Admission fee, Tuition fee, and Maintenance Allowance will be directly credited to the scholar's account through the Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT).
- The authority of changing rules and regulations at any time are under the sole discretion of the Government of India.
- Email ID: [email protected]
- Phone Number: 01206619540