|Conducted By||University Grants Commission (UGC)|
|Eligibility||Class 12th pass students of North Eastern Region (NER)|
|Region||North Eastern Region (NER)|
|Rewards||Up to INR 7800 per month|
|Last Date of Application||December 31, 2020|
Ishan Uday Scholarship Summary:
Ishan Uday scholarship is an initiative by the University Grants Commission (UGC), Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) and the Government which provides financial aid to needy students from the North Eastern region pursuing higher education. A monthly allowance is given to the students up to the completion of their course. A total of 10,000 scholarships are granted every year. The idea and motivation behind this scholarship are for better integration of the students from the North Eastern Region of India into its competitive education culture. Due to the lack of educational facilities and a systematic academic infrastructure in most of the North Eastern Region, the students are provided with a platform to pursue their level of education and utilize the resources and facilities of the colleges and universities in India.
Ishan Uday Scholarship Quick Links:
- Ishan Uday Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- Rewards/ Benefits
- Application Process
- Selection Process
- Contact Details
Ishan Uday Scholarship Eligibility Criteria:
Candidates with good academic records from the North Eastern Region are eligible for the scholarship. The detailed eligibility criteria are mentioned below:
- The applicant must be a domicile of one of the North Eastern states
- The candidate’s annual family income should not be more than INR 4.5 lakhs
- The candidate should have passed class 12th examination or its equivalent schooling level in the preceding year
- Transgender students can also eligible to apply for the Ishan Uday Scholarship
- Candidates pursuing their studies through open universities are not eligible for the scholarship
- Candidates who have been admitted under any other reservation quote are not entitled to apply for the scholarship
- The candidate must have gotten admission in any university/ college recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC)
Ishan Uday Scholarship Rewards:
The number of scholarships will be allotted to each state according to the population of the state. The detailed rewards list is as follows:
- Candidates pursuing general degree courses are eligible to receive INR 5,400 per month
- Candidates pursuing technical/ mechanical/ professional/ paramedical courses are eligible to receive INR 7,800
Ishan Uday Scholarship Application Process:
Interested candidates must apply online for the scholarship. The detailed application process is mentioned below:
- Candidates first need to register on the National Scholarship Portal (NSP) at https://scholarships.gov.in/
- The applicants are supposed to fill in the necessary details required which include aadhar number, bank details, etc.
- An application ID is generated on the basis of the candidate’s domicile state.
- After successful registration, the candidate will need to complete an OTP authorization process.
- After completing the OTP authorization process, the candidates can fill in the application and submit the required documents.
- Domicile Certificate
- Income Certificate
- Aadhar Card
Ishan Uday Scholarship Selection Process:
- A total of 10,000 scholarships are given under this scheme.
- The marks obtained by candidates in their 12th-grade examination will be the major deciding factor for their selection.
- The population density of the states also plays an important role in the number of scholarships disbursed.
- In case the scholarships in certain states are unfilled because of non-availability of eligible candidates, the remaining scholarships will be disbursed to the remaining states.
Ishan Uday Scholarship Contact Details:
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone Number: 080 2228 0380