|Conducted By||The MHRD and UGC|
|Eligibility||Students from the North-Eastern Region (NER) who have passed the class XII board exam|
|Rewards||Up to INR 7,800 per month|
|Last Date of Application||January 17, 2023|
Ishan Uday scholarship is an initiative by the University Grants Commission (UGC), Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD). Under the central government provides financial aid to needy students from the North-Eastern region for higher education. The students will receive a monthly allowance until they complete their course. A total of 10,000 Ishan Uday scholarships are granted every year. The motivation behind the UGC Ishan Uday scholarship 2023 program is to provide better integration for the students of the North-Eastern regions in India. Due to the lack of educational facilities and a systematic academic infrastructure in most of the North-Eastern Region, the students are provided with a platform to pursue their level of education and utilize the resources and facilities of the colleges and universities in India. The UGC Ishan Uday scholarship 2023 last date for North Eastern Region (NER) domiciles is January 17th, 2023.
Table of Contents
- Ishan Uday Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- Rewards/ Benefits
- Application Process
- Selection Process
- Contact Details
|Check Other Important Scholarships in India|
|State wise Scholarships|
|Discipline Level Scholarships|
|Category wise Scholarships|
|Class wise Scholarships|
|Course wise Scholarships|
Ishan Uday Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
Candidates with good academic records from the North-Eastern region are eligible for the scholarship. The details of the Ishan Uday scholarship eligibility criteria are mentioned below:
- The applicant must be a domicile of one of the North-Eastern states.
- The candidate’s annual family income should not be more than INR 4.5 lakhs.
- The candidate should have passed the class 12th examination or its equivalent schooling level in the preceding year.
- Transgender students are also eligible to apply for the NSP Ishan Uday scholarship.
- Candidates pursuing their studies through open universities are not eligible for the Ishan Uday scholarship scheme.
- Candidates admitted under any other reservation quote are not entitled to apply for the Ishan Uday scholarship.
- The candidate must have gotten admission to any university/ college recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC).
Ishan Uday Scholarship Rewards
The number of scholarships will be allotted to each state according to the population of the state. The details of the Ishan Uday scholarship amount are as follows:
- Candidates pursuing general degree courses are eligible to receive INR 5,400 per month.
- Candidates pursuing technical/ mechanical/ professional/ paramedical courses are eligible to receive INR 7,800.
How to Apply for Ishan Uday Scholarship?
Interested candidates must apply online for the scholarship through the national scholarship portal Ishan Uday scheme. Read below to know how to apply for Ishan Uday scholarship:
- Candidates first need to register on the National Scholarship Portal (NSP).
- The applicants are supposed to fill in the necessary details, including aadhar number, bank details, etc.
- After registration, the candidates will receive an Ishan Uday scholarship login details. The application ID is generated based on the candidate’s domicile state.
- Next, the candidate will need to complete an OTP authorization process.
- After completing the OTP authorization process, the candidates can fill in the Ishan Uday scholarship online application form and submit it along with the required documents.
The candidates should upload the necessary documents while applying for the Ishan Uday scholarship. The candidates should ensure the documents are uploaded in the prescribed format. Listed below are the important documents required for the Ishan Uday scholarship application process:
- Domicile certificate
- Income certificate
- Aadhar card
Ishan Uday Scholarship Selection Process
UGC awards a total of 10,000 Ishan Uday scholarships to Northern Eastern students every year. The committee will select the candidates primarily based on their academic merit. Listed below are the selection process for the Ishan Uday scholarship:
- The marks obtained by candidates in the 12th-grade examination will be the major deciding factor for their selection.
- The population density of the states also plays an important role in the number of scholarships disbursed.
- If the Ishan Uday North East scholarships in certain states are unfilled because of the non-availability of eligible candidates, the remaining scholarships will be disbursed to the remaining states.
- The candidates can obtain the Ishan Uday scholarship 2023 selection list on the official portal.
The candidates should submit the Ishan Uday scholarship 2023 application forms online within the last day to avoid rejections. Given below are the important dates of the Ishan Uday scholarship:
- Ishan Uday scholarship last date: January 17th, 2023
- Last date for defective verification: January 31st, 2023
- Last date of institute verification: January 31st, 2023
Ishan Uday Scholarship Contact Details
The candidates can call the UGC Ishan Uday scholarship helpline number if they have any queries regarding the scholarship. The Ishan Uday scholarship contact details are as follows:
- E-mail: [email protected], [email protected]
- Helpline Number: 080 2228 0380, 011-23604446, 011-23604200
For more details, visit our Scholarships 2022 Directory.