|Conducted By||Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disability|
|Eligibility||Students from a government or government recognised school studying class IX and class X|
|Rewards||Up to INR 4,000|
|Last Date of Application||December 31, 2021|
The Pre-Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities has been implemented to aid students with disability studying in classes 9 and 10. The scholarship scheme is provided at the pre-matric level by the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (Divyangjan) under Government of India.
Eligible students can apply for the Scholarship through the National Scholarship Portal before the application deadline of December 31st, 2021. The rewards include Maintenance Allowance, Book Grant and Disability Allowances.
The Scholarship is a Central Government Scheme implemented through Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, beneficiaries with more than 40 percent disability can avail Maintenance allowance, Disability allowance and book grant for that highest preference is based upon high percent of disability.
Scholarship Quick Links:
The quick links for the ease-of-access are given below:
- Eligibility Criteria
- Rewards and Benefits
- Application Process
- Selection Process
- Important Documents
- Additional Details
- Important Dates
- Contact Details
Pre-Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities Eligibility Criteria:
The standard eligibility criteria for the Pre-Matric Disability Scheme are given below:
- Only Indian students are eligible to apply.
- The applicant must be studying in class 9 or 10 in a government or State/Central recognized school.
- The Scholarship is strictly reserved to students with at least 40 percent disability (for that it is mandatory to produce a valid disability certificate).
- The overall family annual income should not exceed INR 2.50 lakh (Two lakh fifty thousand).
- Candidate should be a regular full-time student of the respective class.
- More than 2 children (Disabled) from a family are not permissible for Scholarship under this Scheme.
- Scholars benefiting under any other Scheme are not eligible to apply.
Note: 50 percent of the total Scholarships are reserved to girl candidates.
Pre-Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities Rewards and Benefits:
More than 20,000 Pre-Matric Scholarships are likely to be sanctioned for the current academic year:
- INR 500 per month will be disbursed as maintenance allowance for day Scholars.
- Hostellers can benefit INR 800 per month as maintenance allowance.
- INR 1000 per year will be given as book grant to both hostellers and day Scholars.
- The allowances for various disabilities are categorized as follows:
|S.No.||Type of Disability||Amount per year|
|1||Visually impaired||INR 4000|
|3||Physically disabled||INR 2000|
|4||Intellectual disability||INR 4000|
|5||All other types of disability||INR 2000|
The specified conditions for the reservations are as follows:
- 50 percent of allowance scheme is earmarked for girl students with disabilities. The absence in filling up the quota will transfer the quota to male candidates.
- If the number of Scholarships in a particular State or Union Territory is not utilised then the un-utilized slots will be allocated to other States or Union territories.
Application Process for Pre-Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities:
Eligible students can apply online for the Pre-Matric Disability Scheme:
- Visit the National Scholarship Portal.
- Click on New Registration on the home page.
- Read and Agree to the terms and conditions and click on Continue.
- Enter the Scholarship details and personal details.
- Enter the Bank Details such as bank name, IFSC, account number, etc.
- Click on Register button after giving Aadhar number/Bank account number as identification details.
- An OTP number will be generated once the mobile number gets verified.
- Log in with the OTP number and fill the form.
- Application ID and Password will be given for future reference.
Note: Candidates are advised to fill the form correctly, hence no changes can be made once the application is submitted. Also, the Scholarship management shall not encourage multiple applications as it will lead to the form cancellation.
Pre-Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities Selection Process:
Scholars are selected based on the following process and parameters:
- Once the applications are successfully submitted, the Nodal officer will scrutinize each application on the behalf of concerned State Government.
- The final selection will be taken by the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities based on the number of available slots in a State.
- The State Educational Departments recommendation is also crucial for the candidate shortlisting.
- Order of Preference for candidate selection:
- Percentage of marks in the previous final examination.
- Percentage of Disability (High Disability percentage).
- Age preference (Older applicant will get preference).
The list of documents required for the Scholarship Scheme is mentioned below:
- Photograph of the applicant.
- Birth Certificate or any valid proof of age.
- Disability Certificate.
- Family Income Certificate.
- Fee receipt.
- Mark sheet of the previous final examination.
- Bank account details.
Scholarship Additional Details:
Publicity of the Scheme:
The Scheme will be announced by the concerned State/Union Territory administration through the suitable means of public media and website to bring the information to the target group.
Administrative expenses are the expenses carried out by the Ministry in order to obtain skilled personnel for the required operations of Pre-Metric Disability Scholarship Scheme. As the number of data is vast and the process is time taking, qualified people are mandatory to process and analyze data.
Expenses for the physical requirement such as office, computers, furniture, and employees are considered as Administrative Expenses. The Ministry has allocated a maximum of 3 percent of the total budget of the Scholarship to meet the administrative and other required costs.
Mode of Scholarship Disbursal:
The Scholarship Scheme implements through the National Scholarship Portal. The Scholarship amount will be directly credited to the beneficiaries account through PFMS (Public Finance Management System) system and the Monitoring will be done by the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities.
Pre-Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities Important Dates:
- Last date of application: December 31st, 2021
- Last date of defect verification: January 15th, 2022
- Last date of Institute verification: January 15th, 2022
- Email ID: [email protected]
- Phone Number: 0120-6619540