|Conducted By||Government of West Bengal|
|Eligibility||Meritorious Students from West Bengal|
|Rewards||Ranges from 1000 INR - 5000 INR|
|Last Date of Application||July 15, 2021|
What is the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship scheme?
The Swami Vivekananda Scholarship scheme is a huge boon for the students. It is a giant leap for poor and meritorious students. It is formally known as the “Swami Vivekananda Merit-cum-Means Scholarship (SVMCM)". The students pursuing courses at the Under-graduate, Post-graduate, M. Phil and Doctoral Level, as well as Kanyashree [K-2] recipients, will be benefited from this scheme and can apply for the same.
Who can apply for the Swami Vivekananda Merit-cum-Means Scholarship?
The primary eligibility criteria to be shortlisted for the scholarship is based on academic merit. The income criteria to apply under this scheme is not more than Rs. 2,50,000/- per annum subject to fulfillment of other merit criteria.
The last date to apply for the scholarship for fresh applicants is December 2020 and for renewals the last date is July 2021.
The scheme is the brainchild of the West Bengal government to aid the families that are economically backward. The scholarships are provided at different levels of higher education. There has been a thorough revamp in the scholarship structure to cater to a larger number of students.
For Gender-Specific Scholarship under this scheme, check- Swami Vivekananda Scholarship for Single Girl Child.
Scholarship Quick Links:
The section-wise information can be accessed via the quick links provided below:
- Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Eligibility
- Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Rewards and Benefits
- Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Application Process
- Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Selection Process
- Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Renewal
- Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Contact Details
Eligibility Criteria for Swami Vivekananda Scholarship:
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship will be offered to the students who are eligible for the scholarship according to the criteria set by the Government of West Bengal. The eligibility for the scholarship is mentioned below.
- The students who are currently in class 11th and 12th, Under Graduate and Post Graduate degrees, are shortlisted based on a merit basis.
- The candidates who are pursuing Doctoral and M.Phil courses from specific State-aided Institutes will be eligible for the scholarship.
- The recipients of the Kanyashree scheme currently pursuing courses in Science, Commerce stream under the Universities of West Bengal are also eligible, provided they complete the course with 45% aggregate.
- The candidates who are eligible for this scholarship will be refrained from applying for any other scholarship during the same period.
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship - Specific Eligibility Criteria:
After the candidates satisfy the criteria based on means, he/she is subjected to shortlisting based on academic merit. The candidate is expected to have secured a minimum of 75% in the West Bengal qualifying examinations and the percentage is applicable across all the levels. The specific eligibility criteria for the Swami Vivekananda scholarship are as mentioned below.
|Higher Secondary Level||The candidate must have secured the qualifying score in the Madhyamik Pariksha.|
|Students from other states are not eligible to apply for this scholarship|
|Diploma Level||The candidate must have passed out in Secondary [M.P], or the equivalent exam [West Bengal State Council of Vocational Education and Training courses]|
|He/She must possess the qualifying score of 75% in the Secondary [M.P]|
|UG Level||The applicant is expected to have secured 75% in the West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary education/ Madrasha Siksha Pariksha.|
|PG Level||A minimum score of 53% must be secured in the graduation level in the Honours subject and is the sole deciding factor in PG scholarships.|
|The recipients of Scholarship under the Kanyashree scheme (K-2) with a 45 percentile qualifying score is also eligible for this scholarship.|
|The Kanyashree candidates applying for the K3 scholarship need not provide the Income certificate and affidavit.|
Rules to Avail Swami Vivekananda Scholarship:
There are certain rules based on means to be followed when applying for the Swami Vivekananda MCM scholarship. As mentioned earlier, the scholarship caters to those students who has a family income of lesser than 2.5 lakhs. In the event of forgery or falsification of documents, it would be considered a grievous offense which would lead to the following consequences:
- The scholarship amount which has been credited to the beneficiary must be refunded immediately.
- The candidate would be forbidden to apply for governmental scholarships in the future.
- The legal provisions relevant to the current law would be imposed on the candidate.
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Rewards and Benefits:
As specified on the scholarship official website, the allocation and rate of scholarship are tabulated for the convenience of candidates.
|Level||Course||Monthly Rate (INR)|
|UG (Other Professional Courses, UGC approved)||1500/-|
|PG (Other Professional Courses, UGC approved)||2500/-|
|NON-NET M.Phil./NON NET PhD||5000/- / 8000/-|
|DTE||UG (Engineering), PG (Engineering) and Other Professional Courses (AICTE Approved)||5000/-|
|DME||UG (Medical Degree) and Diploma Courses||5000/- and 1500/- Respectively|
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Application Process:
In the event of satisfying all the relevant eligibility criteria, the application procedure is next. The entire process is online-based and the applications will be stacked in descending order on the basis of merit or the marks attained in the qualifying exam. The dispersal of Swami Vivekananda scholarship solely lies on the availability of funds and it will be transferred to the candidates’ bank account if all the paperwork is in order.
The step by step procedure for applying for the scholarship online are:
Step1: Fill the Registration Form
Initially, the registration form has to be filled up by the applicant. An applicant ID in the form of characters amounting to 15 digits is generated for the candidate and further procedures are completed. Follow all the regulations for setting up the profile. Note down the application ID for future reference which will also be sent to the applicant’s mail id specified in the process. The candidates who are interested to apply for K3 must fill the authentication form to authenticate the presence of details in fields-
- K2 year of Application
- Kanyashree ID
- Applicant’s Name
- Applicant’s Date of Birth
- Father’s Name
- Mother’s Name
The successful authentication of the form will lead us to the registration form which is similar to that of filling up of fresh applications. The candidates who are renewing the scholarship need not register online again for the second time. Instead, they can use their previously used ID and password for renewing the scholarship. In the event where the applicant has forgotten their credentials, a retrieval option is available on the home page.
Step 2: Image & Signature Upload
The applicants are advised to fill up the rest of the form and upload the scanned copies of the Image and Signature and are requested to adhere to the format and size of the file.
- Image & Signature Format- JPG/JPEG
- Size of Image & Signature - 10KB-20KB
Step 3: Documents Upload
The most important part of the application process is to upload the scanned documents. As mentioned earlier the size and format has to be strictly followed. The files that are to be uploaded must be in the Pdf format not exceeding the 400 Kb size limit. There is a separate documentation procedure for Fresh and Renewal applicants.
Documents to be uploaded:
Fresh and Kanyashree Applicants:
- The Madhyamik Examination Marksheet or it's equivalent. (Front & Back)
- Marksheets of previous qualifying examinations.
- Income certificate of the family.
- A domicile certificate by the concerned authority.
- Bank Passbook Copy (The first page which shows IFSC and Account No.)
- Renewal Applicants:
- Marksheet Copy of the last exam in the current course of study (Both sides)
- Receipt of Admission to the next Higher class.
Step 4: Final Submission of Application
The candidate can download the two paged Verification Certificate. One for the applicant (Applicant Copy) and one for the Institution. After getting the relevant signature from the head of the department in the Applicant copy, the applicant has to upload it to the portal.
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Last Date for Application:
The last date to apply for Swami Vivekananda Scholarship is July 2021.
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Selection Process:
As the name says, Swami Vivekananda Scholarship is a merit-cum-means based scholarship, it considers both academic merit and the financial need of the students. The following are the steps of the selection process for scholars.
- After the deadline of the application, all the online applications under various categories are sorted initially in a descending order based on the marks secured and income criteria of the student.
- The merit list will be generated accordingly and based on the availability of all documents submitted by the candidates, Scholarship will be disbursed in their respective accounts.
There are various scholarships in India that have a similar selection process and the applicants can also have a look into the list of scholarships furnished on the Scholarship home page.
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Renewal:
The scholarship renewal application is available on the official website. The application has to be filed online within a month of the ward’s admission into higher levels due to promotion. The applicant must keep in mind that he/ she has to clear the semester examinations in the first attempt.
The eligibility criteria for renewal is based on the criteria that the candidate has scored 60% or above in the level of Higher Secondary to UG. A minimum of 50% is required to be eligible for the scholarship at the PG level. The status of the Swami Vivekananda scholarship can be checked online in the applicant's profile.
The official website has revealed the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship 2018 statistics. Based on this, the registration count based on the discipline of education are:
- 2324- Engineering Degree
- 272-Medical Education
- 47957-General Degree Courses
- 7606-K3 Beneficiaries
- 1042-Polytechnic Courses
- Mail ID: [email protected]
- Contact Number: +1800-102-8014