|Conducted By||Minorities Development and Finance Corporation of West Bengal|
|Eligibility||Candidates studying class XI and above|
|Region||West Bengal, India|
|Rewards||Up to INR 8,000|
|Last Date of Application||August 17, 2022|
The Swami Vivekananda scholarship scheme is a boon for poor and deserving students aspiring to pursue higher studies without worrying about the financial burden. It is also popularly known as the Swami Vivekananda Merit cum Means scholarship (SVMCM). Therefore, the students pursuing undergraduate, postgraduate, MPhil and doctoral level courses can apply to the Swami Vivekananda scholarship programme. In addition, the Kanyashree [K-2] recipients can also apply to the scheme and receive the benefits. Besides the Swami Vivekananda scholarship programme, the state government of West Bengal provides several other scholarship schemes. Eligible candidates from the minority community can submit the applications within the Swami Vivekananda scholarship last date, August 17th, 2022.
Read more: WB Scholarships.
Table of Contents
- Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Benefits
- How to Apply for the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship?
- Important Dates for Swami Vivekananda Scholarship
- Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Selection Process
- Contact Details of Swami Vivekananda Scholarship
|Check Other Top Scholarships in India|
|State wise Scholarships|
|Discipline Level Scholarships|
|Category wise Scholarships|
|Class wise Scholarships|
|Course wise Scholarships|
The primary eligibility criteria for the Swami Vivekananda scholarship is based on the candidate's academic merit. They should also ensure their family income should not exceed INR 2,50,000 per annum from all sources. Interested candidates who meet the eligibility criteria can submit the applications online within the last date to avoid rejections. In addition, the students can track the Swami Vivekananda scholarship status online by logging into their profiles.
The scheme is the brainchild of the West Bengal government. The objective is to aid economically backward families domiciled in the state. The scholarships are provided at different levels of education, and there has been a thorough revamp in the scholarship structure to cater to many students. Besides minorities, the government also provides the Swami Vivekananda scholarship scheme to female students domiciled in West Bengal.
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
The state government offers scholarships to students who meet all the requirements. Read below to know the Swami Vivekananda scholarship 2022 eligibility criteria:
- Candidates from class XI to the postgraduate degree can apply to Swami Vivekananda merit cum means scholarship.
- The committee will shortlist the applicants based on their financial means and academic merit.
- Those pursuing doctoral and MPhil courses from specific state-aided institutes will also be eligible for the Swami Vivekananda scholarship.
- The recipients of the Kanyashree scheme who are currently pursuing a degree in science, commerce or arts in the universities of West Bengal are also eligible.
- However, the Kanyashree applicants should secure at least 45% aggregate in their qualifying exam.
- The applicants of the Swami Vivekananda scholarship should refrain from applying for any other scholarship throughout the period.
- The family income should not exceed INR 2,50,000 per annum.
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Renewal - Eligibility Criteria
The applicants can find the Swami Vivekananda scholarship renewal 2022 application forms on the official website. They should fill the renewal applications online within a month after their promotion to the next class level. The applicants must clear the semester examinations on the first attempt. The eligibility criteria for Swami Vivekananda scholarship renewal candidates are as follows:
- They should have scored 60% or above in the higher secondary to the UG level.
- A minimum of 50% is required to be eligible for the scholarship at the PG level.
Specific Eligibility Criteria for Swami Vivekananda Scholarship
After the candidates satisfy the criteria based on means, they are subject to shortlisting based on their academic merit. They are expected to have secured a minimum of 75% marks in the West Bengal qualifying examinations, and the percentage is applicable across all the class levels. The specific eligibility criteria for the Swami Vivekananda merit cum means scholarship are as mentioned below:
|Higher Secondary Level||The candidate must have secured the qualifying score in the Madhyamik Pariksha (MP).|
|Students from other states are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.|
|Diploma Level||The candidate must have passed out in secondary MP or the equivalent exam West Bengal State Council of Vocational Education and Training courses.|
|They must possess a qualifying score of at least 75% in the secondary MP exam.|
|UG Level||The applicants are expected to have secured at least 75% in the West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education/ Madrasha Siksha Pariksha.|
|PG Level||The candidates should obtain a minimum score of 53% in the graduation level in the honours subject. It is the sole deciding factor for the Swami Vivekananda scholarship at the PG level.|
|The recipients of the Swami Vivekananda scholarship under the Kanyashree scheme (K-2) should secure a minimum of 45% qualifying marks.|
|The Kanyashree candidates applying for the K3 programme under the Swami Vivekananda scholarship need not provide an income certificate and affidavit.|
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Benefits
The Swami Vivekananda scholarship amount will vary according to different class levels. The selected students will receive up to INR 8,000 for thier education. Tabulated below are the details of the Swami Vivekananda scholarship amount:
|Course||Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Amount|
|DPI - UG (Arts)||INR 1,000|
|DPI - UG (Commerce)||INR 1,000|
|DPI - UG (Science)||INR 1,500|
|DPI - UG and Other Professional Courses approved by UGC||INR 1,500|
|DPI - PG (Arts)||INR 2,000|
|DPI - PG (Commerce)||INR 2,000|
|DPI - PG (Science)||INR 2,500|
|DPI - PG and Other Professional Courses approved by UGC||INR 2,500|
|DPI - NON-NET MPhil/ NON-NET PhD||INR 5,000 to INR 8,000|
|DSE - HS||INR 1,000|
|DTE - UG (Engineering), PG (Engineering) and other professional courses approved by AICTE||INR 5,000|
|DTE&T - UG (Polytechnic Diploma)||INR 1,500|
|DME - UG and Diploma Courses (Medicine)||INR 5,000 and INR 1,500 (respectively)|
How to Apply for the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship?
The candidates who satisfy all the eligibility criteria can commence the Swami Vivekananda scholarship application process. They should apply online, and the committee will stack the applications in descending order based on the candidates' marks secured in the qualifying exam. The dispersal of the Swami Vivekananda scholarship solely lies on the availability of funds, and it will be transferred to the scholars' bank account if all the paperwork is in order.
Interested candidates can visit the official Swami Vivekananda scholarship portal to start registering. The step by step procedures to apply for the Swami Vivekananda scholarship online are as follows:
Step 1: Register by Filling the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Form
- First, the candidates should visit the official Swami Vivekananda scholarship website.
- Next, they should register by filling the Swami Vivekananda scholarship form.
- Upon successful registration, the candidates will receive an applicant ID consisting of 15 digit characters.
- Next, they should log in with the credentials (applicant ID and password) and set up their profile.
- The candidates interested in applying for K3 under the Swami Vivekananda scholarship must fill an authentication form. They should provide the following details to complete the authentication process:
- K2 year of application
- Kanyashree id
- Applicant's name
- Applicant's date of birth
- Father's name
- Mother's name
- After successful authentication, the system will lead the applicants to the registration form, similar to filling up fresh applications.
- The candidates who are renewing the Swami Vivekananda scholarship need not register again for the second time. Instead, they can use the applicant ID and password they previously created while applying for the Swami Vivekananda scholarship renewal.
- If the applicant forgets the Swami Vivekananda scholarship login credentials, they can recover them using the retrieval option available on the home page.
Step 2: Image & Signature Upload
The applicants are advised to fill up the rest of the Swami Vivekananda scholarship application form and upload the scanned copies of the image and signature. They should adhere to the following format and size while uploading the file:
- Image and signature format- JPG/ JPEG
- Size of image and signature - 10KB - 20KB
Step 3: Documents Required for Swami Vivekananda Scholarship
The most important part of filling the Swami Vivekananda scholarship 2022 application form is to upload the scanned documents. The candidates should strictly follow the prescribed format while uploading the documents, and the files should be in a PDF format, not exceeding 400 KB. The Swami Vivekananda scholarship application process has a separate documentation procedure for fresh and renewal candidates.
Documents Required for Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Fresh Applicants
The Swami Vivekananda scholarship fresh and Kanyashree applicants should attach the following documents:
- Bank details
- Income certificate
- Domicile certificate
- Marksheets (previous qualifying examinations)
- The Madhyamik examination mark sheet or its equivalent (front & back)
Documents Required for Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Renewal Applicants
The candidates can obtain the renewal form for the Swami Vivekananda scholarship on the official website. They should duly fill it with required details and upload the following documents:
- Receipt of admission to the next class level
Step 4: Final Submission of Application
Next, the candidates can download the verification certificate. The certificate has two pages. One page is for the applicant (applicant copy), and the other is for the institution. After getting the relevant signature from the head of the department on the applicant copy, the candidates should upload it on the portal.
Important Dates for Swami Vivekananda Scholarship
The candidates should submit Swami Vivekananda scholarship online form within the last date to avoid rejections. Under the state government, the Minorities Development and Finance Corporation of West Bengal has announced the important dates for the Swami Vivekananda scholarship 2022-23. Given below are the details of the application dates for minorities:
- Swami Vivekananda scholarship start date - June 30th, 2022
- Swami Vivekananda scholarship last date - August 17th, 2022
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Selection Process
Swami Vivekananda scholarship is a merit-cum-means based scheme. Therefore, the committee will select the candidates based on their financial situation and academic merit. Given below are the selection process of the Swami Vivekananda scholarship:
- After the application deadline, all the online applications under various categories are sorted initially in descending order based on the student's marks secured and income criteria.
- The merit list will be generated accordingly, and based on the documents submitted by the candidates, the Swami Vivekananda scholarship will be disbursed to their bank accounts.
Various scholarships in India have a similar selection process. The applicants can also look into the list of other scholarships available on the scholarship home page.
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Terms and Conditions
There are specific rules based on means to be followed when applying for the Swami Vivekananda MCM scholarship. The authorities will consider forgery or falsification of documents as a grievous offence, and it would lead to the following consequences:
- The scholarship amount which has been credited to the beneficiary must be refunded immediately.
- The candidate would be forbidden to apply for governmental scholarships in the future.
- The Swami Vivekananda scholarship committee will impose legal provisions relevant to the current law on the applicant.
Contact Details of Swami Vivekananda Scholarship
If the candidates have any queries regarding the Swami Vivekananda scholarship, they can reach out to the helpdesk. Listed below is Swami Vivekananda scholarship contact number and email id for their reference:
- Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Email ID: [email protected]
- Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Helpline Number +1800-102-8014
|Oasis Scholarship||TS ePASS Scholarship (Telangana ePASS)|
|e-grantz Scholarship||SSP Scholarship|
|Prize Money Scholarship||Umbrella Scholarship|
|B.Ed Scholarships||BA Scholarships|