|G. P. Birla Educational Foundation
|Students should have scored 80% or above in their class XII board exam
|West Bengal, India
|Up to INR 50,000
|Last Date of Application
|July 31, 2023
The G.P. Birla Educational Foundation was initiated to nurture the dream of the Late Shri G. P. Birla, a renowned Industrialist and Philanthropist, to promote education, improve human resources and encourage the country's youth to pursue education. Its main purpose is to promote education, develop human resources and empower the country's youth who require financial assistance to continue further studies.
Nearly 100 scholarships are awarded to deserving students of West Bengal every year. The G P Birla scholarship is offered to candidates in Engineering, Management, Arts, Commerce, Science, Chartered Accountancy, Law, etc. The last date to apply for the G P Birla Educational Foundation scholarship is July 31, 2023.
|Check Other Important Scholarships in India
|State wise Scholarships
|Discipline Level Scholarships
|Category wise Scholarships
|Class wise Scholarships
|Course wise Scholarships
G P Birla Educational Foundation Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
The student should fulfil the following criteria to be eligible for the scholarship.
- The candidate must be a merit student from West Bengal.
- They should have passed the class XII examination with a score of 80% or more from the State Board or 85% or more from the Central Board and whose family income is less than INR 3,00,000 per year.
- The maximum family income criteria will be relaxed for deserving candidates at the Trustees' discretion.
- Candidates must have secured rank in the top 15000 in AIEEE/ JEE/ AIPMT Examinations.
G P Birla Educational Foundation Scholarship Rewards
|Amount of Scholarship
|INR 50,000 per year which includes Tuition and Hostel Fees.
|Number of Scholarships
|100 scholarships are awarded per year.
|Duration of Scholarships
|Initially 1 year but extensible (up to the completion of course) upon satisfactory performance of the students.
|INR 7000 at the beginning of the first year for purchasing of books.
GP Birla Educational Foundation Scholarship Application Process
- Download the link to the application form by clicking here.
- Fill out the application form with the required details and attach the documents.
- A completed copy of the application form attested by the Head of the Institution from which the student has passed class XII or where he has been admitted.
- Proof of admission (if admission has been taken) at a university or college where the applicant shall pursue higher studies.
- Copy of academic certificates and grade reports for the last examination.
- Copy of other certificates for extracurricular achievements.
- For income proof, either a copy of Form 16 or Salary Certificate, wherein the parents are employed with the Government or Private Sector, or a copy of Income Tax Return or Certificate from Tahsildars or Councillors, in any other case.
- The completed application form, along with the required attachments, should reach the address; G.P. Birla Educational Foundation, 78, Syed Amir Ali, Avenue, Kolkata - 700019.
G.P. Birla Educational Foundation Scholarship Selection Process
- A panel of experts from the Trust will review the applications to check if the eligibility criteria have been met and shortlist the students based on that.
- Interviews will be conducted for shortlisted students.
- The selection of the candidates will be based on their performance in the interview, their academic as well as extra academic accomplishments.
- The decision of the Expert Panel will be final and no additional changes will be made.
- Applications can also be forwarded through the Head of the Institution from which the student has passed class XII or where he has taken admission.
G P Birla Educational Foundation Scholarship Contact Details
- Address: Chetan Agarwal, G.P. Birla Educational Foundation, 78, Syed Amir Ali Avenue, Kolkata-700019.
- Phone Number: +91-8479915170 (between Monday to Friday from 11 AM to 5 PM).
- Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more details, visit our Scholarships 2023 Directory.