|Conducted By||G. P. Birla Educational Foundation|
|Eligibility||Students should have scored 80% or above in their class XII board exam|
|Region||West Bengal, India|
|Rewards||Up to INR 50,000|
|Last Date of Application||October 31, 2021|
The G.P. Birla Educational Foundation was initiated to nurture the dream of Late Shri G. P. Birla, renowned Industrialist, and Philanthropist, to promote education, improve human resources and encourage the youth of the country to pursue education. Its main purpose is to promote education, develop human resource and empower the youth of the country who are in need of financial assistance to continue further studies.
Nearly 100 scholarships are awarded to meritorious students of West Bengal every year. The scholarship scheme aims to support the students in need of financial aid.
Students who have passed their class 12 examination and want to pursue their further education in the following fields can apply for the scholarship:
- Chartered Accountancy
- Company Secretaryship
- Cost Accountancy
In Which Domain the Scholarships are Offered?
- Engineering, Management, Arts, Commerce, Science, Chartered Accountancy, Law, etc
|Check Other Important Scholarships in India|
|State wise Scholarships|
|Discipline Level Scholarships|
|Category wise Scholarships|
|Class wise Scholarships|
|Course wise Scholarships|
G P Birla Educational Foundation Scholarship Eligibility Criteria:
To be eligible for the scholarship, the student should:
- be a merit student from West Bengal.
- have passed class XII examination either with a score of 80% or more from the State Board, or 85% or more from the Central Board and whose family income is less than INR 3,00,000 per year.
- have passed class XII examination either with 95% or more from State Board, or 97% or more from the Central Board for the maximum family income criteria to be relaxed in certain cases at the discretion of the Trustees.
- have secured rank in the top 15000 in AIEEE/ JEE/ AIPMT Examinations.
G P Birla Educational Foundation Scholarship Rewards:
|Amount of Scholarship||INR 50,000 per year which includes Tuition and Hostel Fees.|
|Number of Scholarships||100 scholarships are awarded per year.|
|Duration of Scholarships||Initially 1 year but extensible (up to the completion of course) upon satisfactory performance of the students.|
|Additional Grant||INR 7000 at the beginning of the first year for purchasing of books.|
GP Birla Educational Foundation Scholarship Application Process:
- Download link of the application form by clicking here.
- Fill the Application Form with the required details and attach the required documents.
- A completed copy of the application form attested by the Head of the Institution from which the Student has passed Class XII or where he has taken admission.
- Proof of admission (if admission has been taken) at a university or college in which the applicant shall pursue higher studies.
- Copy of academic certificates and grade reports for the last examination.
- Copy of other certificates for extracurricular achievements.
- For income proof either a copy of Form 16 or Salary Certificate, wherein the parents are employed with Government or Private Sector or a copy of Income Tax Return or Certificate from Tahsildars or Councillors, in any other case.
- The completed Application Form along with the required attachments should reach the address; G.P. Birla Educational Foundation, 78, Syed Amir Ali, Avenue, Kolkata - 700019
G.P. Birla Educational Foundation Scholarship Selection Process:
- A panel of experts from the Trust will review the applications to check if the eligibility criteria have been met and shortlist the students based on that.
- Interviews will be conducted for shortlisted students.
- The selection of the candidates will be based on their performance in the interview, their academic as well as extra academic accomplishments.
- The decision of the Expert Panel will be final and no additional changes will be made.
- Applications can also be forwarded through the Head of the Institution from which the Student has passed Class XII or where he has taken admission.
G P Birla Educational Foundation Scholarship Contact Details:
- Address: Chetan Agarwal, G.P. Birla Educational Foundation, 78, Syed Amir Ali Avenue, Kolkata-700019
- Phone Number: +91-8479915170 (between Monday to Friday from 11 AM to 5 PM)
- Email ID: [email protected]
For more details, visit our Scholarships 2022 Directory.