|Conducted By||U.S. Pan Asian American Chamber of Commerce|
|Eligibility||High school seniors and are from an Asian Pacific Island heritage|
|Region||India and Other Countries with Asian Pacific Island heritage|
|Rewards||Up to USD 5,000|
|Last Date of Application||March 18, 2023|
The UPS scholarship is an initiative of the U.S. Pan-Asian American Chamber of Commerce. It provides financial assistance to high school seniors nationwide for post-secondary education. The scholarship extends financial support to deserving students to pay for their education without feeling any financial burden. A reward of USD 5,000 will be rewarded to qualifying candidates. The UPS scholarship grant covers tuition fees, book allowances, and other allowances. The deadline to apply for the UPS scholarship was March 18, 2023.
Table of Contents
- UPS Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- UPS Scholarship Rewards and Benefits
- UPS Scholarship Application Process
- UPS Scholarship Documents Required
- UPS Scholarship Selection Criteria
- UPS Scholarship Terms and Conditions
- UPS Scholarship Contact Details
|Check Other Important Scholarships in India|
|State wise Scholarships|
|Discipline Level Scholarships|
|Category wise Scholarships|
|Class wise Scholarships|
|Course wise Scholarships|
UPS Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for the UPS scholarship is given below:
- The applicant should be 16 years or older at the time of the scholarship application.
- He/ she should be a high school senior.
- The candidate should be a citizen/ legal permanent resident of the United States of America.
- The students should be of Asian Pacific Island heritage.
- The candidates should belong to Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Korea, Japan, Laos, Malaysia, Nepal, Pakistan, the Philippines, Vietnam, or Thailand.
- The applicant should be enrolled in full-time study at a recognized post-secondary educational institution/ college in the United States starting in fall 2023.
- The students should be involved in community service and should demonstrate excellent leadership in extracurricular activities.
- The candidate should have a grade point average (GPA) of 3.3 or higher out of 4.
- The applicant should take part in virtual scholarship activities.
- The candidate should have the financial need for pursuing studies.
- Students pursuing online courses are not eligible for the scholarship.
UPS Scholarship Rewards and Benefits
The benefits offered by the UPS scholarship are listed below:
- The selected applicants will receive a scholarship grant of USD 5000 per annum.
- 10-20 scholarships are awarded each year.
- The scholarship amount is non-renewable.
- The total number of scholarships awarded each year is limited to 2 deserving students and depends on the availability of funds and the total number of applications received.
- The scholarship covers only the on-campus courses.
- The scholarship grant is paid directly to the respective college/ institution towards the tuition fee cost.
UPS Scholarship Application Process
The UPS scholarship application is available online on the U.S. Pan Asian American Chamber of Commerce website. The step-wise application process is given below:
- Interested applicants should visit the U.S. Pan Asian American Chamber of Commerce official website.
- The candidate can apply for a maximum of 5 scholarships for which they are qualified.
- The applicant should submit the application along with the required documents in separate envelopes for each scholarship that they apply for.
UPS Scholarship Documents Required
The important documents to be submitted for the UPS scholarship application are listed below:
- Good quality color photo of the candidate (2” by 2” dimension).
- An essay of 500 words on the topic ‘Why should I be awarded the scholarship?’.
- The essay should be typed, double-spaced, and signed by the applicant and the respective academic guidance counselor on the upper right-hand corner.
- The essay should include the background, upbringing, and achievements of the candidate.
- High school transcript which includes the coursework of the last 2 years.
- Household tax returns signed by the taxpayers having the name of the applicant, statement of actual household income, and the signature of the taxpayer.
- 2 letters of recommendation (1 from high school and other from the community service organization).
- Post-secondary information such as the post-secondary course of study (major) and associated costs.
- All the required documents should be enclosed in a separate envelope for the scholarship application.
UPS Scholarship Selection Criteria
The candidates are selected for the scholarship based on their financial need. The other selection criteria are listed below:
- The applicants are initially selected based on financial need.
- The USPAACC Scholarship Committee consists of entrepreneurs, corporate representatives, government officials, and educators.
- The selection committee meets for a full day to review the applications, deliberate, and make their selections.
- The committee members then present their recommendations to the USPAACC National President & CEO for final review.
- Only the selected candidates are informed about the scholarship committee’s decision regarding the selection by mid June.
- The scholarship recipients are required to attend the CelebrAsian Procurement Conference.
- USPAACC will provide travel arrangements and hotel accommodations to all scholarship recipients as part of the scholarship award program.
UPS Scholarship Terms and Conditions
The terms and conditions of the UPS scholarship are given below:
- The scholarship granted is non-renewable.
- The scholarship application should be submitted to the financial aid department of the institution well within the deadline.
- Any delay in the submission of the scholarship application form will lead to disqualification.
- The applicant should send all the required documents in advance to be eligible for the scholarship fund.
- Students submitting multiple applications in a single envelope will not be considered for the scholarship.
- Address: 1329 18th St., N.W.Washington, District of Columbia 20036.
- Contact Number: 2022965221.
- Email ID: [email protected]; [email protected].
For more details, visit our Scholarships 2023 Directory.