|Conducted By||All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)|
|Eligibility||Female students pursuing a technical course in an AICTE approved institution|
|Rewards||Up to INR 50,000|
|Last Date of Application||December 15, 2021|
The AICTE Pragati Scholarship for girls is initiated by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) and implemented by the All India Council For Technical Education (AICTE). The scheme aims to support female students to pursue technical education. Candidates pursuing a Degree/ Diploma course in any of the AICTE approved institutions can apply to the Pragati scholarship. The selected girls will receive an AICTE Pragati scholarship amount of up to INR 30,000 per year.
The program strives to empower women aspiring to pursue a technical education. Over 4000 girl students are benefited from the AICTE Pragati scholarship scheme every year. Interested candidates can apply online on the official website. The Pragati scholarship 2021 last date to submit the applications is December 15th, 2021. Scroll down to learn more about Pragati Saksham scholarship details.
Table of Contents
Pragati Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
The Pragati scholarship scheme 2021 gives young women the opportunity to continue their education and prepare for a successful future. However, the applicants should ensure they meet the requirements to avoid rejections. Listed below are the Pragati scholarship eligibility criteria:
- Two girl children from the same family are eligible for the AICTE Pragati scholarship 2021.
- The family income of the candidate should be less than INR 8 Lakhs per annum.
- The candidate should be an Indian national.
- The candidate should be admitted for Diploma, or an Undergraduate Degree in an AICTE approved institution.
- The Pragati scholarship is only for the students in the first year of their Degree/Diploma.
- Students admitted through the management quota cannot apply to the Pragati scholarship.
Pragati Scholarship Amount
Education is one of the most important means of empowering women with the knowledge, skill, and self-confidence necessary to participate fully in the country's development. The AICTE distributes over 4000 Pragati scholarships every year, out of which 2000 are for degree candidates, and 2000 are for diploma students. The details of the Pragati scholarship amount and other benefits are as follows:
- The selected candidates wil receive a Pragati scholarship amount of INR 50,000 per annum. They need not attach any documentary proof t receive the Pragati scholarship amount.
- The AICTE awards the Pragati scholarship amount towards purchasing books/ equipment/ softwares/ laptop/ desktop/ vehicle and fee paid for competitive examinations.
- AICTE reserves 15% of the Pragati scholarship for SC, 7.5% for ST and 27% for OBC candidates.
How to Apply for Pragati Scholarship?
Eligible candidates can apply online through the official website. First, they should register on the NSP portal and obtain the Pragati scholarship login details. Next, they should log into the profile with the Pragati scholarship 2021 login credentials and apply for the program. The candidates should submit the applications within the Pragati scholarship last date, December 15th, 2021. Read below to know how to apply for Pragati scholarship:
- The candidates should visit the official NSP portal and complete the NSP Pragati scholarship registration process.
- They should complete the registration process and obtain the Pragati scholarship login credentials.
- Next, the applicants should log into the dashboard and fill the Pragati scholarship application form PDF.
- Additionally, they should scan and upload all the documents required for the Pragati scholarship.
- Finally, the candidates should cross-check the details provided on the AICTE Pragati scholarship form and submit it.
- Additionally, the last date to submit the Pragati scholarship form is December 15th, 2021.
- The candidates can track the Pragati Saksham scholarship status on the official AICTE Pragati and Saksham scholarship portal.
- Note: The readers can click on the NSP login to learn the Pragati scholarship online application process in detail.
Pragati Scholarship Documents
The candidates should scan and upload the documents while applying for the Pragati scholarship. They should ensure the documents are in JPG, PDF or PNG formats. In addition, the applicants should check the documents contain actual and authenticated information. Listed below are the essential Pragati scholarship documents required for application:
- Mark sheet of standard X, XII and others as applicable
- Annual family income certificate for the preceding financial year in the prescribed format issued by not below the rank of Tahsildar
- Admission letter issued by Directorate of Technical Education for the admission in Diploma/Degree course
- Certificate issued by the Director/Principal/ Head of the Institute as per Annexure-II
- Tuition fee receipt
- Aadhaar number, bank passbook in the name of the student
- Caste certificate for SC/ ST/ OBC category
- Declaration by parents duly signed stating that the information provided by their child is correct and will refund the Pragati and Saksham scholarship amount if found false
- Candidate photograph and signature.
Pragati Scholarship Selection Process
The selection panel will choose the deserving candidates for the Pragati scholarship scheme for girl students. Listed below are the selection criteria for the Pragati Saksham scholarship 2021 merit list:
- Applications received are reviewed by the AICTE selection committee.
- The selection of the candidate will be merit-based concerning the qualifying examination.
- After selecting the candidates, the providers will disburse the AICTE Pragati scholarship amount through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) directly to the student's bank account.
- The candidates can access the AICTE Pragati scholarship 2021 merit list online through the official portal.
Pragati Scholarship Contact Details
The candidates can reach out to the helpdesk if they have any queries regarding the Pragati scholarship application. Given below are the Pragati scholarship helpline number and address:
- Address: AICTE, Nelson Mandela Marg, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi-110070
- Contact Number: 011-26131576-78,80