|Conducted By||All India Council For Technical Education (AICTE)|
|Eligibility||Girl students enrolled in 1st year of diploma/ degree|
|Rewards||Maximum available scholarship of INR 50,000 per year|
|Last Date of Application||December 31, 2020|
Pragati Scholarship is a scheme initiated by the Ministry of Human Resource Development and implemented by All India Council For Technical Education (AICTE). It aims to provide support for the Advancement of Girls to pursue Technical Education. Candidates who are pursuing a Degree/ Diploma course in any of the AICTE approved Institution are eligible for the scholarship.
The scholarship award is upto INR 50000 per year for selected candidates. The last date to apply for the scholarship is 31 December 2020. The Pragati Scholarship strives for “Empowering Women through Technical Education”. 4000 girls across the nation are benefited from this Scholarship scheme every year.
Education is one of the most important means of empowering women with the knowledge, skill, and self-confidence necessary to participate fully in the development of the country. This scheme attempts to give young women the opportunity to continue education and prepare for a successful future.
Scholarship Quick Links:
Pragati Scholarship Eligibility Criteria:
Female candidates with a poor financial background apply for the scholarship. The detailed eligibility criteria are mentioned below:
- Two Girl Children per family are eligible for the Pragati Scholarship.
- The Family income of the candidate should be less than Rs. 8 Lakhs per Annum.
- The candidate should be an Indian National.
- The candidate should be admitted for Diploma/Undergraduate Degree Level Programme in AICTE Approved Institution.
- The Scholarship is only for the students admitted in the first year of their Degree/Diploma.
- Students admitted through Management Quota are not eligible.
Pragati Scholarship Rewards and Benefits:
A total of 4000 Scholarships are given every year out of which 2000 are for degree candidates and 2000 are for diploma candidates. The detailed rewards are mentioned below:
- INR 30,000 is given as Tuition Fee.
- INR 2,000 per month is given as incidental charges for 10 months.
- In case of Tuition fee waiver/reimbursement, Students are eligible to get an amount of INR 30,000 for the purchase of Books/ Equipment/ Softwares/ Laptop/ Desktop/ Vehicle/ Fee paid for competitive examinations.
- Reservation: 15% for SC, 7.5% for ST and 27% for OBC candidates.
Application Process for Pragati Scholarship:
Interested candidates must apply online. The detailed application procedure is as follows:
- Direct to the AICTE Portal to register for Pragati Scholarship Scheme.
- Click on “Register Here” and create a new profile by entering the required details.
- Confirmation e-mail link will be sent to the registered e-mail ID. Please click on the link to confirm your registration.
- Login again with the registered e-mail Id/ Username and Password to fill the online application form.
Important Documents for Application Process:
Documents to be attached along with Online Application Form in jpg/ pdf/ png formats are:
- Mark Sheet of standard X/ XII/ others as applicable.
- Annual family Income Certificate for the preceding financial year in the prescribed format issued by not below the rank of Tahsildar.
- Admission letter issued by Directorate of Technical Education for the admission in Diploma/Degree course.
- Certificate issued by the Director/Principal/ Head of the Institute as per Annexure-II.
- Tuition fee receipt.
- AADHAR seeded Bank Pass Book in the name of the student indicating Account number, IFSC code, and Photograph.
- Caste Certificate for SC/ ST/ OBC category.
- AADHAR Card.
- Declaration by parents duly signed stating that the information provided by their child is correct and will refund Scholarship amount if found false.
- Candidate Photograph & Candidate Signature.
Pragati Scholarship Selection Process:
The applicants are shortlisted based on the following factors:
- Applications received are reviewed by the AICTE selection committee.
- The selection of the candidate will be merit-based with respect to qualifying examination to pursue the respective Technical Degree/Diploma course from any of the AICTE approved institution.
- After the selection of the candidates, the Scholarships will be given only through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) directly to the bank account of the student.
- Address: AICTE, Nelson Mandela Marg, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi-110070
- Contact Number: 011-26131576-78,80
- Website: https://www.aicte-pragati-saksham-gov.in/