|Conducted By||Department of Higher Education|
|Eligibility||Students with Financial Needs|
|Rewards||Up to INR 20,000|
|Last Date of Application||January 17, 2023|
The Central Sector scheme of scholarships for college and university students is a centrally funded scholarship initiated by the Department of Higher Education. The scholarship aims to financially support underprivileged families. The total number of scholarships is given equally to both boys and girls. Graduate students can avail of benefits up to INR 12,000, whereas for postgraduate students, the amount is INR 20,000. However, the last date to apply for the scholarship was January 17, 2023.
Table of Contents
- Central Sector Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- Rewards/ Benefits
- Application Process
- Selection Process
- Contact Details
Central Sector Scholarship Scheme Eligibility Criteria
The candidates must meet the criteria to apply for the Central Sector scholarships scheme. Provided below are the eligibility criteria for the scholarship program.
- The candidates must be in the top 20th percentile merit list of class 12 results of their respective boards.
- The students should pursue regular graduation/post-graduation/ professional studies courses from colleges and universities recognized by AICTE/ UGC/ MCI/ DCI or any other regulatory body.
- Students who belong to the reserved categories of SC/ ST/ OBC and PWD will get a reservation of 15%, 7.5%, 27%, and 5%, respectively.
- The annual income of the student’s family should not be more than INR 4.5 lakhs per annum.
- The selected candidate must not be benefiting from any other scholarship.
- Students who are pursuing diploma courses are not eligible.
Central Sector Scholarship Rewards
A total of 82,000 scholarships are awarded under the Central Sector scholarship scheme. The scholarships are divided equally between girls and boys. The scholarships are also awarded in a 3:2:1 ratio to Science, Commerce, and Arts students, respectively.
- Graduation: INR 12,000 will be given annually for the first three years. In the case of students pursuing 5-year courses, the students will receive INR 20,000 in the 4th and 5th year of their course.
- Post Graduation: The students pursuing postgraduate courses receive INR 20,000 annually.
Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for College and University Students Application Process
Students can follow the mentioned steps to apply for the scholarship scheme.
- The candidates can apply for the Central Sector scholarship using the NSP (National Scholarship Portal)
- at scholarships.gov.in.
- New users can fill in the necessary information to register on the official website.
- A student ID and password will get generated.
- Students must log in using their student ID and password to begin the application process.
- Then, the candidates must fill in all the necessary details and documents.
- Lastly, after providing all the details, the candidate can cross-check and submit the application form.
A list of required papers for the scholarship scheme is mentioned underneath. Candidates applying for the scholarship must submit all the necessary documents.
- Bank passbook in the name of the applicant
- Aadhar card
- Income certificate
- Caste certificate
- Class 12th mark sheet
- Disability certificate
Central Sector Scholarship Contact Details
Students can contact the scholarship authorities mentioned below if they have any doubts regarding the scholarship scheme.
- Contact Number: 011- 20862360
- Address: Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Education, West Block 1, 2nd Floor, Wing 6, Room No. 6, R. K. Puram, Sector 1, New Delhi 110066.
- Rajasthan Scholarship
- Vedantu Scholarship Test (VSAT)
- MBA Scholarships
- CBSE Scholarship
- Scholarship for Diploma Students
- Saltire Scholarship
- Nursing Scholarships
For more details, visit our Scholarships 2023 Directory.