|Conducted By||University of Cambridge|
|Eligibility||Students who wish to pursue a doctoral degree at St. John's College, Cambridge|
|Region||India and the UK|
|Rewards||Course fee and maintenance grant of GBP 14,750|
|Last Date of Application||January 15, 2020|
Dr. Manmohan Singh Scholarship Scheme provides aid to students from India to pursue doctoral studies at St John’s College, University of Cambridge. Dr. Manmohan Singh, The Ex-Prime Minister of India is a graduate and Honorary Fellow of St John’s College, University of Cambridge, where he was awarded a BA in Economics in 1957. Being an alumnus of St John’s College, University of Cambridge, he has given his name to a scholarship programme that provides the opportunity for academically excellent doctoral students from India to study at St John’s College, University of Cambridge.
It is believed that all the applicants will go on to become leading achievers and decision-makers within Indian Society, and also these applicants should be able to exhibit their leadership potential accordingly. All candidates must first apply for doctoral studies at the University of Cambridge, selecting St John’s College as their first choice.
The scholarship is provided for the following disciplines:
- Science and Technology
- Social Sciences
Note: The deadline mentioned above is tentative and is subject to change at the provider's discretion.
The idea for this scholarship award was proposed by Ab Banerjee who is also a former Johnian and an acquaintance of Dr. Manmohan Singh. It was mainly designed to benefit bright students from India to pursue their doctoral studies at St.John’s College, University of Cambridge.
Dr. Manmohan Singh Scholarship Eligibility Criteria:
- The applicant should be an Indian National currently based in India having a valid Indian passport.
- The applicant should be below 35 years of age.
- The applicant should not have any previous exposure to a UK education or receipt of UK government funding.
- The applicant should hold a Postgraduate degree from a reputed Indian university or institution with a First Class award in the relevant field.
- The applicant should be willing to pursue a full-time Doctoral research degree at the University of Cambridge.
- The applicant should provide evidence for leadership qualities in the form of extracurricular activities, contribution to the country or society in their chosen field.
- The applicant should have fluency in speaking and writing English
Dr. Manmohan Singh Scholarship Rewards:
Benefits offered under Dr. Manmohan Singh Scholarship scheme are:
- Academic Fees
- UK Visa
- Living Expenses
Over 20+ scholarships have been offered under this scheme so far.
Dr. Manmohan Singh Scholarship Application Process
- Applicants should first apply for their chosen Doctoral programme at the University of Cambridge and select St John's College as their first choice in the application form.
- Applicants should review the full application guidelines, and then apply for the scholarship through the online application form by clicking here.
- Only those applicants who are offered admission at the St John's College, University of Cambridge are eligible for the scholarship award.
Dr. Manmohan Singh Scholarship Selection Process
The selection process to the scholarship is based on:
- Academic Merit
- Involvement in social activities
- Equal Opportunity to everyone
Applicants shortlisted by the selection committee will be interviewed personally and the result of the selected candidates will be communicated in a few weeks after the interview. The decision of the selection committee will be final and no further offers will be made.
Dr. Manmohan Singh Scholarship Contact Details
- Address: St John's College, Cambridge CB2 1TP, United Kingdom
- Telephone Number:
- Within the UK: 01223 338600
- International: +44 1223 338600