|Conducted By||University of Cambridge|
|Eligibility||Students who wish to pursue a doctoral degree at St. John's College, Cambridge|
|Region||India and the UK|
|Rewards||Course fee and maintenance grant of GBP 14,750|
|Last Date of Application||January 15, 2022|
Dr Manmohan Singh scholarship scheme provides financial aid to students from India aspiring to pursue doctoral studies at St John's College, University of Cambridge. The organisers launched the Dr Manmohan Singh scholarship in Dr Manmohan Singh, the ex-Prime Minister of India, as a tribute to him. He is a graduate and Honorary Fellow of St John's College at the University of Cambridge. He was awarded a BA in Economics in 1957 at a prestigious university. Being an alumnus of St John's College, University of Cambridge, he has given his name to a scholarship programme that provides the opportunity for academically excellent doctoral students from India to study at St John's College, University of Cambridge.
It is believed that all the applicants will become leading achievers and decision-makers within Indian society. These applicants should also be able to exhibit their leadership potential accordingly. All candidates must first apply for doctoral studies at the University of Cambridge, selecting St John's College as their first choice to avail Dr Manmohan Singh scholarship 2022. The deadline mentioned above is tentative and is subject to change at the provider's discretion.
This scholarship award was proposed by Ab Banerjee, a former Johnian and an acquaintance of Dr Manmohan Singh. It was mainly designed to benefit bright students from India to pursue their doctoral studies at St. John's College, University of Cambridge. The organisers awards Dr Manmohan Singh scholarship to students pursuing the following disciplines:
- Science and Technology
- Social Sciences
|Check Other Important Scholarships in India|
|State wise Scholarships|
|Discipline Level Scholarships|
|Category wise Scholarships|
|Class wise Scholarships|
|Course wise Scholarships|
Dr Manmohan Singh Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
The candidates applying for the Dr Manmohan Singh scholarship should fulfil the requirements. They should submit the applications within the deadline. Listed below are Dr Manmohan Singh scholarship eligibility criteria:
- The applicant should be an Indian National currently based in India and having a valid Indian passport.
- The applicant should be below 35 years of age.
- The applicant should not have any previous exposure to a UK education or received UK government funding.
- The applicant should hold a postgraduate degree from a reputed Indian university or institution with a first-class award in the relevant field.
- The applicant should be willing to pursue a full-time Doctoral research degree at the University of Cambridge.
- The applicant should provide evidence for leadership qualities in extracurricular activities, contribution to the country or society in their chosen field.
- The applicant should have fluency in speaking and writing English.
Dr Manmohan Singh Scholarship Rewards
The University of Cambridge has provided over 20+ Dr Manmohan Singh scholarship Cambridge University programs so far. Listed below are Dr Manmohan Singh scholarship benefits offered to the selected students:
- Academic fees
- UK visa
- Living expenses
How to Apply for Dr Manmohan Singh Scholarship?
The candidates should submit the applications within the Dr Manmohan Singh scholarship's last date. The candidates should visit the official website to obtain the application form. Given below is the process on how to apply for Dr Manmohan Singh scholarship:
- The candidates should visit the official website by clicking here,
- Applicants should first apply for their desired Doctoral programme at the University of Cambridge and select St John's College as their first choice in the Dr Manohan Singh application form.
- Applicants should review the full application guidelines and then apply for the Dr Manmohan Singh scholarship.
- Only those applicants offered admission at St John's College, University of Cambridge, are eligible for the scholarship award.
Dr Manmohan Singh Scholarship Selection Process
The selection process for Dr Manmohan Singh scholarships UK program is based on the following criteria:
- Academic Merit
- Involvement in social activities
- Equal opportunity to everyone
The applicants shortlisted by the selection committee will be interviewed personally. The organisers will communicate the Dr Manmohan Singh scholarship list of the selected candidates within a few weeks after the interview. The decision of the selection committee will be final, and no further offers will be made.
Dr Manmohan Singh Scholarship Contact Details
The candidates can reach out to the helpdesk if they have any queries about the Dr Manmohan Singh scholarship. Given below are Dr Manmohan Singh scholarship contact details for students within and outside the UK:
- Address: St John's College, Cambridge CB2 1TP, United Kingdom
- Telephone Number:
- Within the UK: 01223 338600
- International: +44 1223 338600
For more details, visit our Scholarships 2022 Directory.