|Conducted By||Ministry of Minority Affairs [MOMA], Government of India|
|Eligibility||Students from class I to class X|
|Rewards||Up to INR 600 per month and additional benefits|
|Last Date of Application||November 15, 2022|
This Pre-Matric scholarship is provided to the students of Classes 1-10 belonging to the minority community. The scholarship aims to encourage the parents of children belonging to the minority community to send their children to school by providing financial assistance. The government of India spends a large part of its resources for the development of various religious minorities.
Table of Contents
- Pre-Matric Scholarships Eligibility Criteria
- Pre-Matric Scholarship Rewards/ Benefits
- Pre-Matric Scholarship Scheme for Minorities Application Process
- Pre-Matric Scholarship Selection Process
- Pre-Matric Scholarship Contact Details
|Check Other Important Scholarships in India|
|State wise Scholarships|
|Discipline Level Scholarships|
|Category wise Scholarships|
|Class wise Scholarships|
|Course wise Scholarships|
Pre-Matric Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
The scholarship is granted to meritorious students with poor financial backgrounds. Interested candidates must fulfill all the criteria given below in order to be eligible for this Pre-Matric scholarship:
- The candidate must be studying in class 1 to 10.
- The candidate must have secured at least 50% marks in the previous examination.
- The family income of the student from all sources should not be more than INR 1 lakh per annum.
- The student must belong to a minority community (Muslims, Sikhs, Christians, Buddhists, Jains and Zoroastrians/ Parsis).
Pre Matric Scholarship Scheme for Minorities Rewards
The scholarship rewards are distributed among two categories of hostelers and day scholars. The detailed rewards about both categories are listed below:
- The admission fee for class 6 to 10 (hostelers and day scholars): INR 500 p.a.
- The tuition fee for class 6 to 10 (hostelers and day scholars): INR 350 per month.
- Maintenance allowance for 10 months: INR 100 per month (day scholars) for class 1 to 5.
- Maintenance allowance for 10 months: INR 600 per month (hostelers) for class 6 to 10.
- Maintenance allowance for 10 months: INR 100 per month (day scholars) for class 6 to 10.
Pre-Matric Scholarship Scheme for Minorities Application Process
Candidates have to apply online to avail the scholarship. The detailed application process is listed below:
- The students should visit National Scholarship Portal.
- The candidates then have to fill in the required details.
- The students will need to fill in their bank details.
- The students will then be required to verify their phone number using an OTP.
- Once the verification process is complete, the candidate can log in.
- After logging in the candidate needs to choose the Pre-Matric scholarship and fill the form.
- After filling in all details, the application can be submitted.
- Domicile certificate
- Copy of previous mark sheets (Self Attested)
- Copy of aadhaar card
- Income certificate issued by designated state/ UT authority
- Proof of bank account in the name of the students or a joint account with the parents
- Self-declaration of minority community certificate by the candidate
The important dates are as follows:
- Application last date: November 15th, 2022
- Defective verification: November 30th, 2022
- Institute verification: November 30th, 2022
Pre-Matric Scholarship Selection Process
- The scholarship will be provided on the basis of financial need and not on the marks obtained. In case two students have the same family income and marks, the senior applicant will be chosen
- The selected candidate can renew the scholarship if he/ she obtains 50% in the previous year examination in the same institute
- Email ID - [email protected]
- Contact Number: 01206619540
For more details, visit our Scholarships 2022 Directory.