|Conducted By||University College Cork [UCC] and Government of Ireland|
|Eligibility||Candidates with an undergraduate degree and aspiring to study in Ireland|
|Region||India and Ireland|
|Rewards||Up to 25% fee waiver and additional benefits|
|Last Date of Application||May 31, 2020|
UCC offers a range of scholarships based on academic merit and one amongst them is the UCC Ireland Meritorious Scholarship for Indian Students. The Government of Ireland and the College of Business and Law, University College Cork offer one full scholarship for an Indian Student for a one year Masters Programme by Research.
Note: The application last date mentioned above is tentative and is subject to change at the provider's discretion.
Various disciplines that are offered under the UCC Ireland Meritorious Scholarship for Indian Students Scheme are:
- Accounting and Finance
- Business Information Systems
- Food Business
- Rural and International Development
- Management and Marketing
The Scholarship Scheme offers an exemption on the Tuition Fees and provides additional support for living expenses. It is provided for one Indian student every year which is valid for a span of one year.
UCC Ireland Meritorious Scholarship Eligibility Criteria:
- The candidate should be an Indian National.
- The candidate should hold an undergraduate degree from an Indian University with a minimum equivalent result of Second Class Honours.
- The candidate should possess fluency in English. Some of the test scores acceptable are:
- TOEFL IBT - 90
- IELTS - 6.5
CAE - Grade B
The candidate should present 2 academic references and a personal statement along with a video.
UCC Ireland Meritorious Scholarship Rewards:
- The Scholarship includes Fees and 10,000 Euros towards living expenses.
- Additional pay of 3,000 Euros for successful scholars to be used for living expenses.
Tenable for 1 year.
Students will also get an opportunity to work in Ireland for 2 years.
UCC Ireland Meritorious Scholarship Application Process:
- The candidates are supposed to apply online through the Postgraduate Applications Centre(PAC) based on their academic merit and active participation in extracurricular activities.
- Application Fee: 500 Euros
Documents to be attached with the Application Form:
- Photo ID proof: Passport, Aadhar card, PAN card, Driving License, etc.
- Birth Certificate
- Marks cards of the previous undergraduate course.
- Income proof: Income Certificate, Income tax return, Salary Slip, etc.
- Statement of purpose (in not more than 300 words)
- Letter of References
- IELTS/ TOEFL/ CAE scorecard.
- A personal statement that includes a link to a 2-minute video outlining your academic background, interests, and reasons for applying for the Programme and your long-term interests.
UCC Ireland Meritorious Scholarship Selection Process:
The selection of candidates is done according to the following:
- Academic performance in both curricular and extra-curricular activities are assessed by the committee along with cutoff scores in TOEFL or IELTS.
- The Statement of purpose and Letter of References are reviewed for knowing more about the candidate's ability.
- After this Initial Screening, eligible candidates are shortlisted.
- The shortlisted candidates will further have a Telephonic Interview.
UCC Ireland Meritorious Scholarship Contact Details:
- Address: Oifig Idirnáisiúnta, Roseleigh, Western Road, Cork, T12 R229
Contact Number: +353 21 4904745
- E-mail: [email protected]