|Conducted By||Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi|
|Eligibility||Candidates with a PhD degree in mechanical, computer science, electrical engineering or other related disciplines|
|Rewards||INR 60,000 and HRA|
|Last Date of Application||April 2, 2021|
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) at Delhi provides the IIT Delhi SIRe post doctoral fellowships to students with a PhD degree. Indian citizens, Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) and Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) are eligible to apply for the programme relating to the centre of excellence on Biology Inspired Robots and Drones (BIRD). The selected fellows can participate in a three-year research programme for a consolidated salary. The last date to apply for the fellowship is April 2nd, 2021.
Table of Contents
IIT Delhi offers two positions for the IIT Delhi SIRe post doctoral fellowship programme. It encourages candidates from the SC, ST, OBC and PwD categories to apply for the fellowship. The eligibility criteria are as follows:
- The candidates should be Indian citizens, have an Indian origin, or be overseas citizens of India.
- They should hold a PhD degree in mechanical, computer science, electrical engineering or any related disciplines.
- They should have obtained a degree from a recognised university or institute.
- The candidates should have obtained a first division or equivalent in the previous two degrees.
- They should have a minimum of three first-author papers in standard international or reputed conferences.
- The papers should be in the area of research and relevant to the PhD.
- The male applicants should now be over 32 years of age, and the female applicants should not be more than 35 years of age.
- However, IIT Delhi will relax the age limit by five years for candidates belonging to the SC/ST category and three years for the OBC-NCL category.
- The candidates should have specialised in robot kinematics, dynamics, flight, vision system, control sensors, actuators, AI, machine learning, human-robot interfaces, robot navigation, swarm robotics, robot security and related areas.
- IIT Delhi will prefer candidates with the following qualifications:
- Candidates with expertise in hardware device or robots.
- Candidates with research work done in designing and building real implementation or real set-up of algorithms.
- If required, they should be willing to work in the IIT Delhi, Sonipat campus.
The selected candidates will get an opportunity to work on a three-year research project as post doctoral fellows. They will receive an INR 60,000 per month as a consolidated salary, and the institute will provide a House Rent Allowance (HRA) instead of on-campus housing. The HRA will be 24% of the fellowship amount.
How to Apply?
Candidates should submit a duly filled application form on the official IIT Delhi website. They are advised to retain a copy of the application form after submitting it. Employees of government, semi-government organisations and autonomous bodies should send a print-out of the application form through an appropriate channel. The steps to apply for the fellowship are as follows:
Step 1 - The candidates should click on the IIT Delhi website.
Step 2 - After registering themselves, the candidates should log in to proceed with the application process.
Step 3 - They should fill in the application form and attach the mandatory documents.
Step 4 - The candidates should double-check the details before submitting the application form.
If internet access is not available, the candidates can obtain the application form from the Deputy Registrar (E-I) by sending a self-addressed envelope (26cmx11cm) to the address given below:
Deputy Registrar (E-I), IIT Delhi, Hauz Khas, New Delhi-110016 (India)
After receiving the application form, the candidates should fill it and send it back to the Deputy Registrar.
The candidates should submit the required documents while applying for the IIT Delhi SIRe post doctoral fellowship. The mandatory documents are as follows:
- Scanned passport size photograph
- Candidate's scanned bank passbook or cancelled cheque
- Applicant's scanned aadhaar card
- The candidates should submit the following documents for verification purposes:
- Their bonafide certificate
- Caste certificate
- Income certificate
Terms and Conditions
The decisions made by the management at IIT Delhi are final and binding. The important terms and conditions of the fellowship are as follows:
- The institute has the right to fill or not fill the posts advertised.
- If needed, the candidates should be willing to work at IIT Delhi, Sonipat campus.
- The institute will relax the required qualifications and experiences for exceptional candidates.
- Not all candidates who meet the requirements will be called for an interview or discussion.
- Selected candidates are not eligible for residential accomodation on the campus.
- IIT Delhi will pay the shortlisted candidate's AC2-tier fare by train, economy class by air or AC taxi fare by road (from the airport, railway station, ISBT and back).
- The management will consider the shortest route within India while refunding the ticket fares. However, the candidates should produce a ticket or receipt to claim the allowance.
- The candidates will research in designing and building a real set-up or implementation of algorithms.
In case of any queries, the candidates can refer to the below contact details:
|Email ID||[email protected]td.ac.in|