|Conducted By||Backward Classes Welfare Department, Karnataka|
|Eligibility||Candidates should have cleared the SSLC (Class X) exam.|
|Last Date of Application||October 31, 2022|
Vidyasiri scholarship is awarded to students belonging to the SC/ST, BC, OBC, and PwD categories. The Backward Classes Welfare Department in Karnataka has initiated the vidyasiri scholarship, and interested candidates can apply online through the SSP portal. The applicants should mandatorily link the aadhaar number to the bank account before applying for the scholarship. The last date to apply for the Vidyasiri-food and accomodation scholarship scheme is October 31st, 2022 (tentatively).
KARePass links the treasury, bank, Secondary School Leaving Certificate (SSLC) and college details to the welfare department to ensure smooth processing of scholarships and faster distribution of funds. The Karnataka government will transfer the vidyasiri scholarship amount directly to the beneficiary's bank account through the Direct Benefits Transfer (DBT) system. The selected candidates can use the vidyasiri scholarship amount to obtain admission to a junior college or pursue higher studies. The government awards over 20,000 students through the ePASS vidyasiri scholarship every year. The candidates can click on the ePASS scholarship to know more about other ePASS scholarships offered by different states.
Table of Contents
- List of Vidyasiri Scholarship Schemes
- Eligibility Criteria
- List of Eligible Courses
- How to Apply?
- Documents for Vidyasiri Scholarship
- How to Track the Vidyasiri Scholarship Status?
- How to Track the Vidyasiri Scholarship Hostel Application Status?
- How to Retrieve Vidyasiri Scholarship Application Number?
- Selection Procedure
- Contact Details
|Check Other Important Scholarships in India|
|State wise Scholarships|
|Discipline Level Scholarships|
|Category wise Scholarships|
|Class wise Scholarships|
|Course wise Scholarships|
List of Vidyasiri Scholarship Schemes
The candidates pursuing post-matriculation courses in government, government-aided or residential colleges can apply to the vidyasiri scholarship. The details of different schemes offered under the vidyasiri scholarship are as follows:
- Fee concession for PMS FAAS, FC and NUR: Under this vidyasiri scholarship scheme, the government will cover the total course fee for any courses chosen by the candidate.
- Fee concession and hostel accomodation for the post-matric students: The selected post-matric students will receive a fee concession and a free hostel accommodation through this vidyasiri scholarship scheme.
- Prathiba Puraskar for SSLC and PUC: The applicants who have secured more than 90% marks in their class X and PUC board exams can enjoy the benefits of this vidyasiri scholarship scheme.
Vidyasiri Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
Interested candidates should ensure they meet all the requirements before applying for the vidyasiri scholarship. The scholarship is available only for the Karnataka domiciles belonging to the reserved categories. The vidyasiri scholarship eligibility criteria are as follows:
- The candidates should be Indian citizens.
- They should belong to the SC/ ST/ BC/ OBC/ PwD or minority
- The candidates should have passed the class X board exam.
- They should be pursuing post-matric courses in government-aided, local or non-aided institutions affiliated to Karnataka universities.
Fee concession for PMS FAAS, FC and NUR
Candidates applying for the PMS, FAAS, FC and NUR scheme should fulfil the following criteria:
- The candidates should have more than 75%.
- The family income of the SC/ST students should not exceed INR 2,00,000 per annum.
- The BC, OBC and differently-abled students' family income should not exceed INR 1,00,000 per annum.
For candidates applying for fresh hostel registration
Students applying for fresh hostel registration through the vidyasiri scholarship are as follows:
- The applicants should belong to 1, 2A, 2B, 3A, 3B or the SC/ST, OBC, BC and PwD
- The distance between the house and the college for candidates residing in rural areas should be more than 5 kilometres.
- The family income should not be more than INR 2,50,000 per annum.
- The fresh applicants belonging to category-1 should obtain at least 40% marks, and the renewal applicants should secure at least 50% marks.
- The fresh applicants belonging to 2A, 3A and 3B categories should obtain a minimum of 50% marks, and the renewal applicants should secure at least 60% marks.
Prathiba puraskar scholarship
The candidates applying for the prathiba puraskar vidyasiri scholarship scheme should meet the following requirements:
They should have secured more than 90% marks in the SSLC (Secondary School Leaving Certificate) or PUC (Pre-University College) board exam.
- The students can avail the benefits of the Prathiba puraskar vidyasiri scholarship only once in a lifetime.
- The category-1 students' family income limit for vidyasiri scholarship is INR 1,00,000 per annum.
- For candidates belonging to 2A, 2B, 3A, 3B categories, the family income should exceed INR 2,50,000 per annum from all sources.
Vidyasiri Scholarship Rewards
The aim is to offer financial aid to students hailing from lower-income families and help them continue their education without constraints. Given below are the ePASS vidyasiri scholarship amount details:
- PMS FAAS, FC, and NUR vidyasiri scholarship: The government will bear the full cost of the course fee.
- Vidyasiri scholarship hostel accommodation scheme: The state government will cover the course fee and the hostel fee of the selected students.
- Prathiba puraskar vidyasiri scholarship: The selected candidates will receive an INR 1,500 each month for ten months. Therefore, the Karnataka government awards a total amount of INR 15,000 per annum through this vidyasiri scholarship scheme.
Allocation of Vidyasiri Scholarship Amount
The Karnataka government allocates the vidyasiri scholarship grants for the academic year. Depending on the limit of the grant, the state government will sanction it according to the merit-cum-means basis. Given in the table below is the percentage of the vidyasiri scholarship amount that is allocated to different categories:
|Category - 1||15%|
|Category - 2A||53%|
|Category - 3A||14%|
|Category - 3B||18%|
Note: To know about other ePASS scholarships offered by the Karnataka government, the candidates can click on the KARePASS scholarship.
List of Eligible Courses
Candidates after passing the SSLC board exam are eligible to apply for the vidyasiri scholarship. The government has divided the courses into group A, B, C and D. Listed below are the eligible courses covered under the KARePASS vidyasiri scholarship:
The courses under group A are:
- All postgraduate degrees including agriculture, architecture, allied sciences, law, finance, computer applications, design, computer science, engineering, management, fashion technology, planning and technology, medicine, MPhil and PhD.
- Commercial pilot license
- Postgraduate diploma in medicine
- Postgraduate diploma in management
- CA, ICWA, ICFA, SC, etc
- Postdoctoral degrees
The courses covered under group B are:
- Undergraduate and postgraduate degrees, including diploma and certificate programmes. However, the courses should require the candidates to clear 10+2.
- The postgraduate courses that are not covered in group A.
The courses under group C are as follows:
- Undergraduate and certificate courses that are not covered under group A and B.
The courses included in group D are as follows:
- I and II PUC (class XI and XII)
- ITI courses
- Three-year diploma degree pursued by students after class X
How to Apply for Vidyasiri scholarship?
The candidates should ensure they meet all the requirements and submit the applications within the vidyasiri scholarship last date. The application for vidyasiri scholarship is executed on the SSP portal, and the stepwise process to apply are as follows:
Step 1 - Interested candidates can apply for vidyasiri scholarship by visiting the SSP scholarship portal.
Step 2 - They should register themselves and obtain the login credentials.
Step 3 - Next, the candidates should log in by entering their login ID/SATS ID and password.
Step 4 - The candidates should fill in the application form for vidyasiri scholarship.
Step 5 - After filling and submitting the vidyasiri scholarship application form online, the candidates should take a print-out, attach the documents, self-attest the records and send it to the concerned officers.
Note: The readers can click on SSP scholarship to know the application process in detail.
Documents for Vidyasiri Scholarship
The candidates should keep the necessary documents handy before applying for the scholarship. They should ensure the required documents for vidyasiri scholarship contain accurate and factual information. After completing the ePASS vidyasiri scholarship online application, the candidates should self-attest the photocopies of the documents and send them to the concerned officer. The vidyasiri scholarship documents required are as follows:
- Senior Secondary Leaving Certificate (SSLC)
- Transfer certificate (TC)
- Caste certificate
- Date of birth certificate
- Disability certificate (if applicable)
- Income certificate
- Bank details
- Passport size photos
- Residential certificate
- Aadhaar card
- Fee receipt
How to Track the Vidyasiri Scholarship Application Status?
The officials will release the Vidyasiri scholarship application status a few days after the candidates apply for it. They can check the status by entering a few details on the KARePASS website. The steps to track the vidyasiri scholarship application status are as follows:
Step 1 - The candidates should visit the official KARePASS website.
Step 2 - The should click on the student service tab available at the top of the homepage.
Step 3 - Next, they should select application status from the dropdown list.
Step 4 - The candidates should fill in the details such as application number, SSLC pass type, year of passing, SSLC registration number and date of birth.
Step 5 - They should enter the captcha and click on the get status button.
Step 6 - The candidates will be able to view the vidyasiri scholarship application status.
How to Track the Vidyasiri Scholarship Hostel Application Status?
The candidates who have applied for the hostel scheme can track the vidyasiri scholarship status on the KARePASS portal. The stepwise process to track Karnataka vidyasiri scholarship status are as follows:
Step 1 - The candidates should visit the official KARePASS website.
Step 2 - They should click on hostel application status under the student service tab.
Step 3 - The candidates should provide their application number and date of birth.
Step 4 - They should enter the captcha and click on the get status button.
How to Retrieve Vidyasiri Scholarship Application Number?
The candidates should make a note of the application number when they receive it. In case they lose it, they can recover the application number by following these simple steps:
Step 1 - On the KARePASS website, the candidates should click the know your application number button available under the student services tab.
Step 2 - They should provide the necessary details such as fresh/renewal, SSLC year of passing, pass type, registration number and date of birth.
Step 3 - After entering the details, the scholarship applicants should click on the get scholarship details button, and the hostel applicants should click on the get hostel details button.
Vidyasiri Scholarship Selection Procedure
The candidates can apply for the Vidyasiri scholarship through the SSP portal, and the applications will go through several stages before sanctioning the scholarship amount. The selection procedure of the KARePASS vidyasiri scholarship are as follows:
- Students should duly fill in the online application form and upload the documents required for Vidyasiri scholarship.
- After completing the online application, they should submit the hard copies of the Vidyasiri scholarship application form and the documents to the concerned institutions.
- The college principals and inspection officers will review the documents and confirm them online.
- After confirmation, the applicants should send the documents to the concerned taluk backward classes welfare officers.
- The taluk officers will verify the documents and submit them online.
- After the taluk officers verify it, the district officer will look into the details.
- The applicants should have 75% attendance. The taluk officer should collect this information from the college principal and upload it online.
- The taluk level officers should approve the Vidyasiri scholarship.
- After the approval, the officials will transfer the Vidyasiri scholarship grant to the candidate's bank account through the treasury-2 software.
Note: To know more Vidyasiri scholarship information, the candidates can click here.
Vidyasiri Scholarship Contact Details
In case of any queries relating to the KARePASS Vidyasiri scholarship, the candidates can get in touch with the office using the Vidyasiri scholarship helpline numbers.
|Hostel online phone number||8050370006|
|Scholarship online phone number||8050770005|
|Email ID||[email protected]|
For more details, visit our Scholarships 2022 Directory.