|Conducted By||The UK Government|
|Eligibility||Candidates holding an undergraduate degree with a minimum of two years of work experience|
|Region||India and the UK|
|Rewards||Up to GBP 18,000 and additional benefits|
|Last Date of Application||November 1, 2022|
The Chevening scholarship for Indian students is a global scholarship program initiated by the UK government. They provide outstanding students with an opportunity to pursue a one year Master's degree program in the UK. The organisation awards both Chevening scholarships and fellowships to candidates chosen by the British Embassies and High Commissions worldwide. The selected candidates get to live and study in the UK for a year, experience the UK culture, develop professional and academic networks and build long-lasting positive relationships. The government provides over 1500 British Chevening scholarships globally. Interested candidates can submit the applications within the Chevening scholarship last date, which is November 1st, 2022.
Table of Contents
- Chevening Scholarship Key Dates
- Chevening Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- Chevening Scholarship Benefits
- Chevening Scholarship Application Process
- Chevening Scholarship Important Information
- Chevening Scholarship Contact Details
|Check Other Important Scholarships in India|
|State wise Scholarships|
|Discipline Level Scholarships|
|Category wise Scholarships|
|Class wise Scholarships|
|Course wise Scholarships|
Chevening Scholarship Key Dates
The application timeline varies from year to year. However, the British Chevening scholarship India usually opens in August, and the entire selection process takes at least eight months. The key dates for the Chevening scholarship application are mentioned below:
|Chevening Scholarship||Important Dates|
|Application start date||August 2nd, 2022|
|Application last date||November 1st, 2022|
|Applications shifted against eligibility criteria||November 2nd, 2022|
|Reading committee assessments||Mid-November to December 2022|
|Candidates shortlisted for interviews||Early to Mid-February 2023|
|Last date to submit the documents||February to late April 2023|
|Interview||February 27th to April 28th 2023|
|Results||Early June 2023|
|Last date to submit the offer||July 13th, 2023|
|Studies commence from||September/October 2023|
Chevening Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
The students applying for the Chevening scholarship UK should belong to the eligible country or territory. They should ensure they meet all the Chevening scholarship requirements before submitting their applications. Therefore, listed below are the eligibility for the Chevening scholarship:
- The applicant should have an undergraduate degree or an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree at the time of application to apply for the postgraduate program.
- The applicant should have work experience of at least two years.
- The applicant should return to their country for at least two years at the end of the Chevening scholarship.
- The candidate should have applied to 3 different eligible universities in the UK and received an unconditional offer from at least 1 of these Chevening scholarship universities.
- The applicant should meet the Chevening scholarship's English language requirement.
- The students should meet the university criteria for the English language.
- They should have an overall IELTS score of 6.5/ overall PTE score of 58/ overall TOEFL iBT score of 79/ overall C1 Advanced score of 176 or the minimum pass score in Trinity ISE II (B2).
- Candidates who hold British/ Dual British citizenship are not eligible to apply for the Chevening scholarship.
- The applicants who hold refugee status in eligible countries are eligible to apply for the Chevening scholarships.
- The applicant cannot be an employee, former employee, relative of an employee of the Queen's government.
- The staff member of the association of Commonwealth universities are not eligible to apply for the Chevening scholarship.
- Employees, former employees, or relatives of the employee working in Chevening partner organisations can apply for the scholarship.
- The candidates who have previously studied in the UK with funding from the UK Government are not eligible to apply.
Chevening Scholarship Benefits
All the candidates shortlisted for the Chevening scholarship are funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (CFO) and partner organisations. The scholars will receive the following Chevening scholarship amount and additional benefits:
- Candidates who have qualified for an MBA program get a scholarship amount of GBP 18,000. If the tuition fee exceeds this amount, the candidates should pay the remaining amount by themselves.
- The candidates will receive an economy class airfare to travel to and from the country of residence through an approved route.
- Additionally, they will receive an arrival allowance and departure allowance.
- Visa application cost for the candidate.
- Up to GBP 75 for TB testing, if required.
- Travel top-up allowance.
- A Chevening scholarship monthly stipend amount to cover the candidate's accommodation and living expenses. The Chevening scholarship monthly stipend amount differs if the candidate is studying in or outside London.
How to Apply for Chevening Scholarship India?
The candidates can submit the Chevening scholarship applications online through the official website. The management does not charge any application fees. The applicants can access the Chevening scholarship application form online. Scroll down to learn how to apply for Chevening scholarship:
Step 1: Interested applicants should visit the Chevening official website to access the Chevening scholarship online application form.
Step 2: The candidate should click on the 'Apply' button, which redirects to the application page.
Step 3: The student should select the country/ territory and level from the dropdown and click on 'Search'.
Step 4: The applicants should now register as new users on the Chevening scholarship website.
Step 5: The candidate should log in to the website using the newly created Chevening scholarship login credentials (username and password) and start answering a set of online screening questionnaires. This process is a part of the Chevening scholarship applications.
Step 6: Next, the applicants should fill in all the required details and should also choose the courses and Chevening scholarship universities in the UK that they wish to attend.
Step 7: The Chevening scholarship courses and the UK universities should be chosen carefully, as there is no option to change it later.
Step 8: Finally, the applicant should recheck all the details on the Chevening scholarship application form and click on the 'Submit button.
Note: Candidates who have registered for the Chevening scholarship India will receive Email updates about the application status in real-time. They can also check the Chevening scholarship status on the website by logging in with the credentials.
Chevening Scholarship Important Information
- The documents to be uploaded and the online application form should be in PDF format and should not be more than 5 MB in size. The candidates should name the file in less than 50 characters.
- All the application forms need to be submitted in the English language only. No other language is accepted.
- The online application form does not have an auto-saving function, and each session expires in 60 minutes. The applicants are advised to save their work regularly not to lose their job.
- Each applicant must choose two referees who will decide the applicants' suitability for the Chevening UK government scholarships. The selected referee should not be a close friend/ relative.
- The work experience the candidate should have a full-time/ part-time/ voluntary/ paid or unpaid internships. The work experience as a part of the UG/ PG level course is not eligible.
- The selected candidates should attend the interview in the city where the British Embassy or High Commission is situated. Skype interviews are only allowed in exceptional cases.
- Before attending the interview, the applicant should upload all academic documents and biographies on the application system.
- The referees should also submit the reference within the stipulated time.
The candidates should submit their queries relating to Chevening scholarship 2022 through an online form. The Chevening scholarship office is opened from Monday to Friday between 9:00 to 17:00 (UK time).
- Contact URL: www.chevening.org/about/contact-us.
For more details, visit our Scholarships 2022 Directory.