|Conducted By||Government of Karnataka|
|Eligibility||Class 1- Ph.D. level students|
|Rewards||Variable financial award based on education level and category|
|Last Date of Application||December 31, 2021|
What is the SSP Scholarship?
The State Scholarship Portal (SSP) is an initiative of the Center for e-Governance, Government of Karnataka for distribution of various pre-matric and post-matric scholarships. The Social Welfare Department, Tribal Welfare Department, Backward Classes Welfare Department, and Minorities Welfare Department provides financial aid to meritorious and deserving students belonging to the economically backward category such as SC/ ST/ OBC/ EBC/ Minority Community.
Scholarship Quick Links:
The quick links for ease of access are given below:
- SSP Scholarship Programs
- SSP Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- SSP Scholarship Rewards and Benefits
- SSP Scholarship Application Process
- SSP Scholarship Documents Required
- SSP Scholarship Renewal Process
- SSP Scholarship Selection Criteria
- SSP Scholarship Status Check
- SSP Scholarship Scholars List
- SSP Scholarship Contact Details
SSP Scholarship Program List:
The different SSP Karnataka Scholarship provided by the different departments of the Karnataka State Government are listed below:
|Department Name||Scholarship Name|
Social Welfare Department
Tribal Welfare Department
Backward Classes Welfare Department
Minorities Welfare Department
SSP Scholarship Eligibility Criteria:
The main eligibility criterium is that the students should belong to the minority communities such as SC/ ST/ OBC/ EBC etc. The other eligibility criteria for the SSP post-matric and SSP pre-matric scholarship are listed below:
SSP Post-matric Scholarship Eligibility Criteria:
- The applicant should belong to SC/ ST/ OBC/ Central OBC/ Minority Community/ General (Economically weaker)/ Kin of Defence Personnel.
- The student should be pursuing education from Class 11/ Class 12/ BCom/ ITI type courses.
- 30% of the scholarship amount is reserved for girl students.
- The candidate should have scored at least 50% marks in the last qualifying examination.
- The annual family income of the applicant should not exceed INR 2,00,000 from all sources.
- The students should be a domicile of Karnataka state.
SSP Pre-matric Scholarship Eligibility Criteria:
- The applicant should belong to Minority Community.
- The student should be pursuing studies from Class 1- Class 10.
- Eligible students should apply under both NSP and SSP to avail of this scholarship.
- The candidate should have scored at least 50% marks in the last qualifying examination (not applicable for Class 1 students).
- The annual family income of the applicant should not exceed INR 1,00,000 from all sources.
- SSP Pre-matric scholarships are provided to students whose parents are engaged in unclean occupations.
SSP Scholarship Rewards and Benefits:
- Students pursuing MPhil receive financial aid of INR 8000 at the end of their research work.
- Students pursuing a Ph.D. degree receive financial aid of INR 10000 at the end of their research work.
- The financial grant is provided through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) and covers the tuition fees and other educational expenses.
SSP Scholarship Application Process:
The SSP Scholarship application process is completely online. The step-wise application process is explained below:
Step 1: Registration
- Interested applicants should visit the SSP Scholarship official website.
- The candidate should click on ‘Create Account’ and select the ‘Pre-matric’ checkbox, enter the SATS ID and click on ‘Get Data’.
- The student details fetched from SATS are displayed on the screen.
- If the SATS details are correct then click ‘Yes’ and continue. Otherwise, click ‘No’ and enter the right SATS ID.
- If the entered SATS ID is correct and the details displayed are incorrect, the student should contact the school for corrections.
- The applicant should enter the mobile phone number and click on ‘Submit’ to send an OTP to the number.
- The candidate should confirm the OTP and then change the password as per the instructions described on the page and click ‘Submit’.
- The student receives a User ID and password to the mobile number provided.
Step 2: SSP Scholarship Portal Login
- The applicant should log in to the website using the User ID and password.
- Post login, the candidates get access to the ‘Student Account’ homepage.
- He/ she should enter the Aadhar details, NSP ID, Income and caste certificate RD number, and other personal details and click on ‘Save and Proceed’ to generate acknowledgment.
- The acknowledgment page is displayed on the screen.
- The applicant should click on ‘e-Sign’ if the applicants’ parent has an Aadhar card. An OTP is sent to the Aadhar registered mobile number and the applicant should confirm the same.
- If the applicants’ parent’s Aadhar phone number is not active then he/ she should download the Aadhar consent form from the website and submit it to the respective school along with a copy of the acknowledgment.
SSP Scholarship Documents Required:
The candidates should upload all the required documents along with the SSP scholarship application form. The documents required to apply for the post-matric and pre-matric scholarship are listed below:
Documents Required for SSP Pre-matric Scholarship:
- SATS Identification number of the student
- Aadhar number/ EID number of student and parent
- Mobile number
- Caste certificate
- Income certificate
- Bank account details (preferably Nationalised bank account)
- Bank account linked with Aadhar number
- NSP Scholarship ID
Documents Required for SSP Post-matric Scholarship:
- Hostel stay certificate
- Fee receipt
- Marks sheet
- Study certificate/ Bonafide certificate
- Kin of Defence Personnel certificate
- Income certificate of parents
e-Attestation of Documents Required for Post-matric Scholarships:
The documents that should be submitted along with the SSP Post-matric scholarship should be e-attested before applying for the scholarship. For hostellers, the hostel declaration certificate should be first attested by the officials and also e-attested. The steps for e-attestation are given below:
- The canididate should visit the SSP Scholarship website.
- He/ she should click on ‘e-attestation’ to attest the documents.
- The candidate should enter the Aadhar details, course details, college details, and hostel details.
- The applicant should then upload the documents to be attested and click on ‘Submit’.
- The candidate should then go to the e-attestation office with the original documents for attestation.
- Finally, the Aadhar consent form is submitted to the e-attestation officer.
SSP Scholarship Renewal process:
The step by step renewal process is explained below:
- The renewal candidate should visit the SSP Karnataka Scholarship official website.
- He/ she should click on the ‘Student Login’ and log in using the User ID and password.
- The candidate should click on the ‘Renewal Form’ to edit the application details.
- The student should fill the form with all details and click on ‘Submit’ to complete the renewal process.
SSP Scholarship Selection Criteria:
- The students are selected based on financial status and family income.
- If two students have the same family income, the older candidate is considered for the scholarship.
- Eligible candidates are selected for the scholarship which covers course fees and other expenditures.
- The scholarship amount is transferred to the candidate Aadhar seeded bank account via Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT).
SSP Scholarship Status Check:
The step-wise procedure to check the students SSP status is given below:
- The applicant should visit the SSP Karnataka Scholarship official website.
- He/ she should click on the ‘Track Student Scholarship Status’ displayed on the home page.
- The applicant should enter the SATS ID and should select the Financial year and click on ‘Search’ to see the application status.
SSP Scholarship Scholars List Check:
The list of all applicants who received the scholarship and the scholarship amount can be checked on the SSP scholarship portal. The steps to check the scholar details are given below:
- The candidate should visit the SSP Karnataka Scholarship official website.
- He/ she should click on the ‘List of students for whom Scholarship is Paid’ displayed on the home page.
- Financial year, Department, District, Taluk details should be selected from the dropdowns and click ‘Search’.
- The list of students selected for the scholarship along with the scholarship amount is displayed.
For all scholarships under the Social Welfare Department:
- Helpline Number: 9008400010/ 9008400078
For all scholarships under the Tribal Welfare Department:
- Helpline Number: 080-22261789
For all scholarships under the Backward Classes Welfare Department:
- Helpline Number: 080-22374836/ 8050770005
For all scholarships under the Minorities Welfare Department:
- Helpline Number: 080-22535931