|Conducted By||Government of Kerala|
|Eligibility||Post-matric students who are a domicile of Kerala|
|Rewards||Variable scholarship amount based on category and academic qualifications.|
|Last Date of Application||December 31, 2020|
What is the e-grantz Scholarship?
e-grantz Scholarship Portal is an Online Centralised Grants Disbursal System initiated by the Government of Kerala. Different pre-matric and post-matric scholarships and stipends are provided to economically weak SC/ ST/ OBC and other minority community students who are domicile of Kerala state. If the student is unable to apply for the scholarship online, the e-grantz portal has a provision for the institution to apply for the scholarship on behalf of the student. So far, the scholarship has benefitted over 3 lakh students studying in over 3400+ institutions in Kerala.
Scholarship Quick Links
The quick links for ease of access are given below:
- e-grantz Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- Rewards and Benefits
- e-grantz Scholarship Application Process
- Application Status
- Contact Details
e-grantz Scholarship Eligibility Criteria:
The e-grantz scholarship has a set of conditions based on current academic qualification, family income, etc which has to be fulfilled in order to be selected for the scholarship. The detailed eligibility criteria are listed below:
- The applicant should be a domicile of Kerala state.
- Students studying in the post-matriculation level of study from any recognized college/ board are eligible to apply.
- The applicants should not have an attendance of less than 75% at the end of each month.
- The candidate should have taken admission under the merit and reservation quota.
- Students belonging to SC/ OBC/ Other Eligible community [OEC] and Other socially/ economically backward communities are eligible to apply.
- The candidates belonging to SC and OEC do not have any annual family income limitations.
- The annual family income of OBC students should not exceed INR 1,00,000 for pursuing +2, Degree, Postgraduation and Professional courses.
- The annual family income of other students should not exceed INR 1,00,000 for pursuing +2, Degree, Postgraduation and Professional courses.
- The candidates can undertake Degree, Diploma, Doctoral, Higher secondary, Polytechnic, Postgraduate, Professional and VHSE courses.
e-grantz Scholarship Rewards and Benefits:
The financial aid provided varies based on the category and current academic qualifications of the students. The scholarship amount is sent directly to the applicants’ bank account via Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT). The benefits offered by the e-grantz scholarship are given below:
For SC/ OEC Candidates:
- Stipend amount of INR 630 to students studying in colleges which are less than 8 km from their residence.
- Stipend amount of INR 750 to students whose colleges are above 8kms from their residence.
- INR 1500 to students pursuing professional courses and reside on their own due to lack of hostel facilities
For OBC Candidates:
- Scholarship amount of INR 160 given to students pursuing 10+2 courses.
For students pursuing PG and Professional Courses:
- Day scholars get INR 200 and hostellers get INR 250.
For students pursuing Polytechnic courses:
- Day scholars get INR 100 and hostellers get INR 150.
How to apply for the e-grantz Scholarship?
The application process for the e-grantz scholarship is online. The step-wise application process is given below:
Step 1: One-time Registration
- The applicant should visit the e-grantz portal.
- He/ she should click on the ‘One-time Registration’ button displayed at the bottom of the homepage.
- The candidate should enter the Aadhar number and Name (as per Aadhar card) and click on the ‘Validate Aadhar’ button to continue.
- Details such as mobile number, email ID, password, and Date of birth has to be entered.
- The applicant has to click on ‘Register’ to proceed.
Step 2: Student Login
- Post successful registration, the candidate has to log in to the portal using the registered email ID and password.
Step 3: Complete Profile Details
- After a successful login, the applicant has to complete the student profile by filling up the 5 sections of Basic Details, Other Details, Bank Details, Upload Details, and Institution Details.
Step 4: Apply for the scholarship
- After completing all the details in the e-grantz Scholarship student profile, the candidate should click on ‘Apply for Scholarships- Post-matric’.
- A list of scholarships is displayed for which the student is eligible.
- The applicant should select a scholarship and proceed to start the application.
- All the required details have to be entered correctly and all supporting documents have to be uploaded.
- Finally, the candidate should ‘Submit’ the application form.
The applicants can also submit the online applications at any of the Akshaya e-centers in the state. The Akshaya e-centers supply a printout of the scholarship application form. The last date to submit the printout of the online application along with all the supporting documents such as caste certificate, domicile certificate, and marks card to the head of the institution is within a week of admission to the course.
e-grantz Scholarship Application Status Check:
The e-grantz portal facilitates the students to apply for the scholarship and also track the application in real-time. The step by step procedure to check the status of the application is explained below:
- The applicant has to visit the e-grantz scholarship portal.
- He/ she should enter the Aadhar number and Date of Birth and click on the ‘Track Application’ button to proceed.
- Details such as Application Number, Scheme Name, Applicant Name, Application Location, Date of Application Receival, Application status and remarks are displayed on the screen.
- Address: Directorate of Scheduled Castes Development,
Museum- Nandhavanam Road, Nandhavanam, Vikasbhavan PO, Thiruvananthapuram- 695033.
- Email ID: [email protected]
- Contact Number (SC Directorate): 0471-2737252, 0471-2737251
- Toll-free Number (ST Department): 1800-425-2312