|Conducted By||Government of West Bengal|
|Eligibility||Students pursuing their studies in 10th and 12th classes|
|Rewards||Up to INR 10,000|
|Last Date of Application||December 31, 2023|
The Nabanna scholarship scheme is for meritorious students conducted by the West Bengal government. Students who have passed the class 10 or 12 secondary board examination or any Indian university examination (undergraduate/postgraduate) can avail the benefits of the scholarship scheme. The purpose of the Nabanna scholarship scheme is to financially support the meritorious students of West Bengal from the Chief Minister’s relief fund. The authorities will provide a maximum reward of INR 10,000 to the qualified candidates. The tentative last day to apply for the Nabanna scholarship is December 31, 2023.
Table of Contents
|Check Other Important Scholarships in India|
|State wise Scholarships|
|Discipline Level Scholarships|
|Category wise Scholarships|
|Class wise Scholarships|
|Course wise Scholarships|
Nabanna Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
Nabanna scholarship is granted to the brilliant students who are domiciles of West Bengal by the Chief Minister of West Bengal. Nabanna scholarship eligibility criteria is summarised in the following points.
- The students should be domiciled in West Bengal.
- The candidate applying must have cleared the last examination from a recognized board or the University of West Bengal.
- The minimum marks obtained by the candidate in the previous exam should be 50% but less than 60% aggregate in class 10 for the +2 level.
- The student should have secured 50% or above for the undergraduate level but less than 60% in class 12.
- The student should have secured 50% or above but less than 53% marks in graduation for the postgraduate level.
- The annual family income of the applicant must be below or equal to INR 1,20,000
- The candidates must not be receiving any other kind of remuneration in terms of central or state government scholarship, stipend, etc., for the current course or study level during the last year.
Nabanna Scholarship Rewards
The Nabanna scholarship is granted to eligible students by the West Bengal Chief Minister relief fund (WBCMO). INR 10,000 is entitled to the selected students per year as the Nabanna scholarship amount. The following key pointers need to be considered regarding rewards offered under Nabanna scholarship 2023.
- The Nabanna scholarship amount sanctioned to eligible students is INR 10,000 per year.
- The reward is awarded based on the previous examination score of the candidate and the family’s financial needs.
- It takes around 3 months or more to receive the scholarship amount after applying by the applicant.
- The sanctioning of the Nabanna scholarship amount as a reward is examined by the CMRF (Cell of the Chief Minister’s Office).
How to Apply for a Nabanna Scholarship?
Nabanna scholarship is a remunerative scholarship to meritorious students. Candidates who, despite having brilliant past academic records, struggle to continue their higher education are provided with the government's required help. The interested candidate can easily opt for the Nabanna scholarship and apply it through offline mode. The step-wise application process for the Nabanna scholarship scheme is provided below.
Step 1- The applicant needs to make an application on plain paper with all valid, relevant details.
Step 2- They must attach all the authentic documents to the Nabanna scholarship form.
Step 3- The candidate should cross-check all the information filled and duly sign the Nabanna scholarship application form 2023 prepared by themselves.
Step 4- Finally, the applicant has to send the Nabanna scholarship form by post to the below-mentioned address.
The Government of West Bengal conducts the Nabanna scholarship for the benefit of studious applicants, and the scholarship award is granted by the West Bengal Chief Minister relief fund. Therefore, some authentic mandatory Nabanna scholarship documents need to be attached to the application prepared by the candidate. A list of vital documents is given underneath.
- Photograph of the candidate
- Student ID proof
- Copy of fees book of the current course
- Mark sheet copies of all past cleared exams
- Rank Sheet & allotment letter copies by the selection committee (only for JEE or equivalent examination)
- Family income certificate
- Recommendation letter stating the monthly family income of the student from MP/MLA to the Chief Minister of West Bengal
- Personal bank account details
- Self-declaration of the student regarding their current course of study mentioning year/semester and receipt of any scholarship or such remuneration signed by the head of the present institution with seal.
- Personal contact details of the applicant
Nabanna Scholarship Contact Details
All the information and Nabanna scholarship details are provided above. However, if the applicant has some doubts or queries about Nabanna scholarship in their mind they can get it resolved by contacting the concerned person related to the Nabanna scholarship scheme.
|Address||The Assistant Secretary, Chief Minister’s Office,‘Nabanna’ 325, Sarat Chatterjee Road Howrah – 711 102.|
|Helpline Number||(033)2214 1902 or (033) 2253 5278|
- Swami Vivekananda Scholarship
- Aikyashree Scholarship
- Canara Bank Scholarship
- Pragati Scholarship
- MHRD Scholarship
- Udacity Scholarship
- UGC Scholarship
- Ishan Uday Scholarship
- CCB Scholarship
- UPS Scholarship
For more details, visit our Scholarships 2023 Directory.