Latest Update: The last date to apply for the UPCATET 2020 has been extended to May 15, 2020. The exam is supposed to be conducted on May 21, 2020. Dates are subject to changes based on the situation.
- What is UPCATET?
- UPCATET 2020 Exam Date
- UPCATET 2020 Application Form Extended
- UPCATET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- UPCATET 2020 Admit Card/Call Letter
- UPCATET 2020 Exam Centre
- UPCATET 2020 Result
- UPCATET 2020 Exam Pattern
- UPCATET Counselling
- Related Exams
What is UPCATET?
UPCATET is an entrance exam conducted for candidates based in Uttar Pradesh for admission into several UG and PG Agricultural Programmes. Full form of UPTET is Uttar Pradesh Combined Agriculture and Technology Entrance Test. The UPCATET Entrance Exam is usually conducted once in a year. Interested candidates can check the details on registration, eligibility, admit card and other information here below.
Through this exam, candidates will be offered admission in UG and PG courses in 4 different universities given below.
|Chandra Shekhar Azad University of Agriculture & Technology, Kanpur|
|Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel University of Agriculture and Technology, Meerut|
|Narendra Deva University of Agriculture and Technology, Kumarganj, Faridabad|
|Banda University of Agriculture and Technology, Banda|
UPCATET 2020 Exam Date
The exam date of UPCATET is expected to be on May 21, 2020. Other dates are provided here below for your reference.
|Application Form Release Date||February 20, 2020|
|Last Date of Online Application Form||May 15, 2020|
|Admit Card Release Date||May 15, 2020|
|Exam Date||May 21, 2020|
|Result Date||May 30, 2020|
UPCAT 2020 Application Form Dates
|Last date to pay the registration form fee||April 1, 2020|
|Application Form Correction Window||1st Week of April 2020|
|UPCATET 2020 Online Counselling Start Date||June 24, 2020|
|Last Date of Online Counselling||July 24, 2020|
|Offline Counselling Start Date||July 13 2020|
|Last Date of Offline Counselling||2nd Week of August (expected)|
|Classes Commencement for UG, PG, and Diploma Courses||July 3rd Week 2020 (expected)|
|Classes Commencement for PhD Programmes||August 2nd Week, 2020|
Remember, some of the dates provided above are tentative and will be subjected to change. Once the official notification is released, the exact dates will be updated here. Check this page regularly to get updates.
UPCATET 2020 Application Form
Candidates who are eligible for the exam can apply for UPCATET entrance test. Interested students must apply only through online before the UPCATET 2020 application form date. All aspirants must pay the fee only via online mode, payment through offline mode will not be accepted.
|Category||Application Fee (INR)|
|General & OBC||INR 1250|
The mode of payment is through Debit Card/ Credit Card/ Net Banking/ UPI/ using Bank Challan. The payment using bank challan should be made only in SBI branches.
How to fill UPCATET Application Form?
To apply for the exam, you have to visit the official website - upcatet.org and click ‘Apply for UPCATET 2020' on the Home Page. Then the registration window will open, after that, you have to follow these steps given below.
- Firstly the candidates have to visit the official website and download the information brochure.
- Then click registration and submit the application form after registering.
- Fill all the essential information on in the application form and finally click the I agree and proceed further button.
- After you submit the form, you have to pay the application fee as given above.
- You can also download the application form and save it for future use.
Details to be filled
Candidates must fill all the essential details in the application form. All information that is needed is provided below.
- Programme Name
- Qualification of the student
- Group of Paper
- Name of the candidate
- Category/ Community
- Domicile Details
- Mobile Number
- Email Id
- Date of Birth (DOB)
In the application form you have to fill the following:
- Father's Name
- Mother's Name
- Exam centre choice
- Contact Number (alternate)
- Address for correspondence
UPCATET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
All interested candidates must be a citizen of India as well as the Resident of Uttar Pradesh (UP). The term ‘Resident of Uttar Pradesh’ means a candidate,
- have passed the qualifying examination from UP and have been living in the state for the past 5 years, Or
- the candidate’s father is a Resident of Uttar Pradesh, Or the candidate’s Father was not a Resident of Uttar Pradesh before but now has been living in the state for the past 5 years, Or
- The candidate who is a Foreign national but whose ancestors were residents of UP.
The age limit as per the framed eligibility criteria differs from program to program. Details are given below.
- For B.V.Sc. and A.H. Programmes a candidate must be 17 to 25 years old as of October 31, 2020.
- For UG Programmes a candidate must be 16 to 22 years old as of October 31, 2020.
- Remember for candidates interested do pursue PG Programmes, there is no age limit.
UPCATET 2020 Admit Card
All candidates those who registered for the exam by paying the application fee can download the admit card online from the official website on May 15, 2020 (expected).
Students can access the admit cards online using Group of Paper, Registration No./ Roll No., and Date of Birth.
Remember UPCATET 2020 Admit Card is the most important document and without that, you will not be allowed inside the exam centre.
UPCATET 2020 Exam Centres
While filling the UPCATET application forms one can select or prefer an exam centre. Some details of exam centres along with their city codes are provided here below for your reference.
Instructions for Exam Day
- Carry the admit card to the exam hall.
- Along with the UPCATET admit card carry an Identity Proof Document.
- Have at least two passport size photographs with you.
- Also, don't forget to carry a black ballpoint pen.
- Arrive well ahead of the reporting time to avoid last-minute panic.
UPCATET 2020 Result
The result is expected to be declared on May 30, 2020. Candidates can download the scorecard from the official website using the credentials which include Group Code, Date of Birth and Registered Mobile Number.
After downloading the scorecard one can apply for the counselling online.
UPCATET 2020 Exam Pattern
To understand how to evaluate your score, you must know about the paper pattern and marks allocation which is discussed here below.
- Each question on the paper will carry 3 marks.
- So for a right answer, three marks will be added to your total score effectively.
- And for a wrong answer, 1 mark will be deducted from your total score.
UPCATET 2020 Counselling
The candidate after downloading their scorecard must apply for the counselling. There are two modes of counselling = online and offline.
Online Counselling Procedure
- The first set of steps are Registration for counselling, documents uploading and fee payment.
- Then you have to choose the course by using the Online Choice Filling method.
- The seat allocation procedure follows. You also have to pay the caution deposit fee.
- Finally, you have to arrive at the location for document verification.