Uttar Pradesh Combined Agriculture and Technology Entrance Test or UPCATET is an entrance exam that is conducted for multiple courses such as BSc, BFSc, BTech, MSc, MTech, MBA, BVSc, AH, and MVSc. This exam is conducted for Uttar Pradesh State Domicile candidates for admission in different UG and PG Programmes which is offered at Chandra Shekhar Azad University of Agriculture and Technology. For further details, candidates can check the content for the UPCATET exam.
- April 15, 2021: The last date to apply for UPCATET 2021 is extended to April 30, 2021. Candidates can pay the fee until the end of May 1, 2021. The application form correction is postponed to May 3, 2021.
- What is UPCATET?
- UPCATET 2021 Exam Date
- UPCATET 2021 Application Form
- UPCATET 2021 Application Process
- UPCATET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- UPCATET 2021 Admit Card/Call Letter
- UPCATET 2021 Exam Pattern
- UPCATET 2021 Syllabus
- UPCATET 2021 Exam Centre
- UPCATET 2021 Result
- UPCATET 2021 Cut off
- UPCATET Counselling
- Contact Details
What is UPCATET?
UPCATET is an entrance exam conducted for candidates based in Uttar Pradesh for admission into several undergraduate and postgraduation agricultural programmes. The full form of UPCATET is Uttar Pradesh Combined Agriculture and Technology Entrance Test. The Chandra Shekhar Azad University Of Agriculture and Technology, Kanpur is the conducting authority of UPCATET exam. There are 4 different universities in Uttar Pradesh under UPCATET which offers undergraduate, postgraduate and PhD courses.
Based on the performance of the candidates, the admission will be granted in the Uttar Pradesh State Agricultural Universities. Before applying for the UPCATET 2021 exam, candidates are requested to make sure they are satisfying all the eligibility criterias as specified by the exam conducting body.
Seats Offered: The seats that are offered through UPCATET include the following:
- Undergraduates- 1734
- Post-graduates- 583
- PhD- 258
- Diploma- 100
UPCATET 2021 Exam Highlights
The highlights related to the UPCATET 2021 exam are summarized below:
|Exam Name||Uttar Pradesh Combined Agriculture and Technology Entrance Test|
|Conducting Authority||Chandra Shekhar Azad University Of Agriculture and Technology, Kanpur|
|Level of Exam||State Level|
|Courses||Undergraduate (UG), Postgraduation (PG) and PhD|
|Frequency||Once in a year|
|Exam Mode||Pen and Paper Test (Offline)|
|Number of Participating Colleges||4|
Through this exam, candidates will be offered admission in UG, PG and PhD courses in 4 prestigious universities of the state. These universities are:
Chandra Shekhar Azad University of Agriculture and Technology, Kanpur
Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel University of Agriculture and Technology, Meerut
Narendra Deva University of Agriculture and Technology, Kumarganj, Faridabad
|Banda University of Agriculture and Technology, Banda|
UPCATET 2021 Exam Date
The exam dates of UPCATET 2021 exam and other important events relatedd to the UPCATET 2021 are tabulated below.
|UPCATET Application Form Release Date||Feb 28, 2021|
|Last Date of Online Application Form||Apr 30, 2021|
|Application Form Correction Window||May 3, 2021 - May 5, 2021|
|Admit Card Release Date||Jun 1, 2021 (Tentative)|
|UPCATET 2021 Exam date||June 16, 2021 - June 17, 2021|
|UPCATET 2021 result date||Jun 30, 2021 (Tentative)|
|UPCATET Counselling 2021 Registration||Jul 7, 2021 (Tentative)|
UPCATET 2021 Counselling Dates
Following are the dates of UPCATET 2021 counselling process. The counselling is expected to commence from September after the results are declared.
|UPCATET 2021 Online Counselling Start Date and submission of fees for Registration||To be announced|
|Commencement of Online Registration and Documents Upload||To be announced|
|Online Choice Filling||To be announced|
|Online Choice Locking||To be announced|
|First Round of Seat Allotment||To be announced|
|Online Security Fees||To be announced|
|Document Verification||To be announced|
|Last date of online payment of Security Fee||To be announced|
UPCATET 2021 Application Form
Candidates who are eligible for the exam can apply for UPCATET 2021 entrance test. Interested students must apply only through online before Apr 30, 2021. All aspirants must pay the fee only via online mode. Payment through offline mode will not be accepted.
|Category||Application Fee (INR)|
|General and OBC||INR 1250|
The mode of payment is through Debit Card/ Net Banking/ UPI/ using Bank Challan. The payment using bank challan should be made only in SBI branches.
Details required while filling out the UP CATET 2021 Application form
Candidates must fill all the mandatory details in the UPCATET 2021 application form. All information that is required is provided below.
- Candidate's name
- Date of Birth (DOB)
- Parent's name
- Programme Name
- Qualification of the student
- Category/ Caste
- Domicile Details
- Mobile Number/Email ID
- Exam centre choice
- Address for correspondence
UPCATET 2021 Application Process
To apply for the UPCATET 2021 exam, candidates need to first visit the official website of UPCATET and click on ‘Apply for UPCATET 2021' on the home page. The registration window will be opened, after which candidates can follow the below-mentioned steps to complete the application process. As a prerequisite, candidates must have a valid mobile number and email ID. The OTP before registration will be sent to the provided phone number.
How to apply online for UPCATET?
The steps that the candidates should follow to apply online for the UPCATET 2021 exam are listed below.
Download Information Brochure
- Candidates need to first visit the official website of UPCATET 2021 and download the information brochure
- Read all the given instructions in the information brochure before applying for the programme. The brochure contains all the details about the UPCATET course such as eligibility criteria, exam centres, counselling details etc.
- Candidates need to click on "Apply Online" and then check the "I agree" box
- After clicking, fill the personal mobile number and email ID, along with the date of birth. Candidates will receive an instant OTP to their mobile number. Enter the OTP to verify your account
- Candidates will be sent a unique registration number to their phone number and email ID. The registration number is required to fill the entire UPCATET 2021 application form
Login (Filling information, qualification details, upload document)
- Candidates need to login again for filling out the details. They can log in using UPCATET 2021 registration number and date of birth
- Enter all the details such as candidate's full name, father's name, mother's name, caste, religion, Aadhar number, communication address. Candidates must also choose their desired UPCATET 2021 exam centre. Click on "Submit and Next"
- Candidates will be redirected to a new page where you need to enter the educational qualification details such as High school name, CGPA/ Percentage obtained, year of passing etc. Click on submit after entering all the mandatory details
- In the next page, candidates need to upload their documents. A recent passport size colour photograph scanned copy of signature and right index finger, high school marks and passing certificate needs to be uploaded. Click on "Upload and Next".
- Candidates can review the entire UPCATET 2021 application form and check for any errors. They can modify if any errors are found. After the form is reviewed, click on Submit.
Registration Fee Payment
- After completing the registration process, click on "Fee Payment". This will redirect you to SBI Collect page. Read all the information and click on "Proceed"
- Click on "UPCATET 2021" and enter your registration number and date of birth. A page will be opened where you need to review and confirm all the entered details again
- After confirming, candidates can pay the UPCATET 2021 application fee either through Debit card or Netbanking. Enter your account details carefully and pay the registration fee
Print Application Form
- Candidates need to take at least 2 copies of the completed UPCATET 2021 application form for future reference. It is mandatory at the time of online counselling session.
UPCATET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility Criteria are certain factors which determine whether a candidate is eligible to participate for the exam or not. In case the candidate is not meeting any of the requirements then the exam authority has the right to cancel their candidature for the session. Candidates can check the criteria defined by the conducting authority to take the UPCATET 2021 exam. It generally involves the minimum educational qualification and other factors like nationality or domicile.
All interested candidates must be a citizen of India as well as the Resident of Uttar Pradesh (UP). The term ‘Resident of Uttar Pradesh’ means a candidate,
- must have passed the qualifying examination from UP and have been living in the state for the past 5 years, or
- the candidate’s father is a Resident of Uttar Pradesh, or the candidate’s father was not a Resident of Uttar Pradesh before but now has been living in the state for the past 5 years, or
- The candidate who is a Foreign national but whose ancestors were residents of UP
The eligibility criteria for all the courses are discussed below:
- BSc (Honours) Agriculture/ BSc (Honours) Horticulture/ BSc (Honours) Forestry: Candidates must have cleared Class XII with Agricultural Science/ Physics, Chemistry, Biology (PCB)/ Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics (PCM)/ Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology (PCMB) subject to be eligible for UPCATET 2021 eligibility criteria.
- Bachelor in Fisheries Science (BFSc): Candidates must have cleared Class XII with Agricultural Science/ Physics, Chemistry, Biology (PCB)/ Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology (PCMB) subject to be eligible for UPCATET 2021 eligibility criteria.
- BSc (Honours) Home Science: Candidates should have cleared Class XII in Arts stream with Home Science/ PCB/ PCM/ PCMB/ Agricultural Science subject to be eligible for UPCATET exam. Only female candidates can apply for this course as per the official notice.
The age limit as per the framed eligibility criteria differs from program to program. Details are given below.
- For B.V.Sc. and A.H. Programmes a candidate must be 17 to 25 years old as of October 31, 2021.
- For UG Programmes a candidate must be 16 to 22 years old as of October 31, 2021.
- Remember for candidates interested to pursue PG Programmes, there is no age limit.
UPCATET 2021 Exam Pattern
Candidates appearing for the UPCATET 2021 examination must have an idea about the exam pattern which is set this year by the Chandra Shekhar Azad University of Agriculture and Technology, Kanpur. Last year, the paper was set by another institute - Narendra Deva University of Agriculture and Technology, Kumarganj. Even though the conducting authority is different, the exam pattern is usually the same just like the previous years. The details of the UPCATET 2021 exam pattern are given below.
|Mode of exam||Pen and Paper-based test (Offline)|
|Types of question||Multiple Choice Question (MCQ)|
|Duration of exam||3 Hours|
+3 marks awarded for each correct response
1 mark deducted for each wrong response
|Paper language||English and Hindi|
Below table shows the details of each undergraduate and postgraduate course pattern.
The details relevant to the exam pattern of Undergraduate Courses of UPCATET are tabulated below.
Bachelors Degree in Technology, Agriculture, Home Science, Horticulture
|Bachelor Degree in Science courses||PCB|
B.Sc. Agriculture, Fisheries, Horticulture, Home Science, Forestry, B.Tech Courses
|B.Sc. Home Science||-|
The details relevant to the exam pattern of Postgraduate Courses of UPCATET are tabulated below:
|M Sc Home science||PCB|
|Masters in Agriculture and Horticulture||PAG|
UPCATET 2021 Exam Syllabus
The candidates should ensure that they prepare for the exam in accordance with the latest UPCATET 2021 syllabus, but refer to the syllabus for the previous years until the new syllabus becomes available.Candidates applying for the UPCATET 2021 Exam can refer to the syllabus as given below.
M. Sc (Home Science)
- General Studies
- Food and Nutrition
- Home Management
- Child Development
- Home Science
- Clothing and Textiles
- General Studies
- Veterinary Microbiology
- LPM, Surgery and Radiology
- Animal Genetics and Breeding
- Animal Nutrition
- Physiology and Biochemistry
- Pharmacology and Toxicology
- Parasitology, Pathology
- Epidemiology and Public Health
- Gynaecology and Medicine
Masters in Agriculture and Horticulture
- General Studies
- Soil Science
- Agriculture Engineering
- Animal Husbandry and Dairy
- Agriculture Biochemistry
- Genetics and Plant Breeding
- Plant Pathology and Nematology
- Agriculture Economics and Seed Technology
- Soil Conservation
- Biotechnology and Forestry
B.Sc. Agriculture, Fisheries, Horticulture, Home Science, Forestry, B.Tech Courses
- General Studies
- Agriculture Physics
- Agriculture Chemistry
- Agriculture Zoology
- Agriculture Botany
- Animal Husbandry
- Dairying and Horticulture
- Agriculture Engineering and Agriculture Statistics
B.Sc. Home Science
- General Studies
- Home Science
UPCATET 2021 Admit Card
All candidates those who registered for the exam by paying the application fee can download the admit card from Jun 1, 2021 from the official website.
How to download UPCATET 2021 Admit Card?
Candidates can follow the below steps to download the admit card from the website.
- Candidates first visit the official website of the UPCATET 2021.
- On the homepage of the website, click on the "Admit Card" tab.
- Candidates need to enter Programme, Group, Roll Number/Registration Number, and Date of Birth to login to the candidate's ID.
- The screen will display the UPCATET 2021 Admit card.
- Download the same and take a printout for future use.
Note: Remember UPCATET 2021 Admit Card is the most important document and without that, you will not be allowed inside the exam centre.
Contents present on UPCATET Admit Card
The contents present on UPCATET Admit Card are:
- Name of the candidate
- Roll number
- Name of the Exam Centre
- Address of the Exam Centre
- Date and time of the examination
- Name and course of the course applied for
Read More: UPCATET Admit Card
UPCATET 2021 Exam Centres
While filling the UPCATET 2021 application form, a candidate must select or choose an exam centre. The exam will be conducted in 6 cities and the details of exam centres along with their city codes are provided here below for your reference.
Instructions for UPCATET 2021 Exam Day
- Carry the admit card to the exam hall.
- Along with the UPCATET admit card carry an Identity Proof Document.
- Have at least two passport size photographs.
- Also, don't forget to carry a black ballpoint pen.
- Arrive well ahead of the reporting time to avoid last-minute panic.
UPCATET 2021 Result
The UPCATET 2021 result for both undergraduate and postgraduate course will be declared on Jun 30, 2021 at the official website. Candidates can check the result by visiting the official website of UPCATET 2021.
UPCATET Scorecard Contents
The scorecard of UPCATET contains the following details:
- Name of the candidate
- Roll Number
- Registration Number
- Total Marks
- Overall Marks
How to download UPCATET Result?
Candidates can follow the step by step process to check their UPCATET 2021 exam results as mentioned below.
- Visit the official website of the conducting authority - upcatet.org
- Candidates should click on the "Results 2021" tab on the top of the page. After clicking, it will be redirected to another page.
- Enter the credentials - registration number/roll number/challan (any one of the three) and candidate's Date of Birth to access the UPCATET 2021 result.
- Candidates can take the printout of the UPCATET 2021 scorecard and keep it safely for future references. The scorecard will contain Name of the candidate, Roll Number, and Rank secured. Individual marks/ score will not be displayed in the scorecard. However, candidates can check their answers from the answer key and get a rough idea.
Read More: UPCATET Results
UPCATET 2021 Cut Off
After the declaration of UPCATET 2021 results, the conducting authority will publish the minimum UPCATET Cutoff rank required to qualify the exam. Candidates can check the UPCATET Previous year cut off in this section below. Only those candidates will be eligible for counselling process who secure the minimum UPCATET Cutoff rank fixed by the authority.
The four universities of agriculture in the state of Uttar Pradesh will have their own UPCATET Cut off rank for different courses, which is determined on the basis of the number of applicants, the difficulty level of the paper, and the number of seats available. The category wise UPCATET Cut off rank and the requirement to be eligible for counselling is mentioned below.
UPCATET Cut Off 2021
The table below represents the UPCATET Cut Off 2021.
|Category||Cut Off||Minimum Qualifying Marks|
UPCATET Cut Off Rank
The UPCATET Cut Off Rank with respect to categories for the year 2021 is tabulated below:
|UR||1 - 5557|
Factors Affecting UPCATET Cut Off Rank
UPCATET cut off Rank depends on multiple factors which are considered to determine the cutoff of the qualifying exam. Some of the important factors which determine UPCATET Cut Off rank are given below:
- The number of candidates who appeared for the exam
- The number of candidates who qualified for the exam
- Seat Availability
- UPCATET Cutoff Rank Previous years' trends
- The difficulty level of the paper
UPCATET 2021 Counselling
UPCATET Counselling dates have been announced. Candidates can refer the UPCATET Exam Dates for the exact dates of the counselling. The candidate after downloading their scorecard must apply for the UPCATET 2021 counselling. There are two modes of counselling - online and offline. A merit list will be published on the official website which features the names of candidates who will be called for the counselling process.
Documents to be carried at the time of Counselling
Candidates must carry all the required documents at the time of Counselling. These include:
- Aadhar Card
- Residence Proof
- Caste Certificate (If needed)
- Character Certificate
- Sports Certificate (if needed)
- UPCATET 2021 Seat Allocation Letter
- UPCATET 2021 Admit Card
- Class X Mark sheet and Admit Card
- Class XII Mark sheet and Admit Card
- Undergraduate mark sheet and Admit Card
Online Counselling Procedure
- The first set of steps are registration for counselling, document uploading, and fee payment
- Then you have to choose the course by using the Online Choice Filling method
- The seat allocation procedure follows. You also have to pay the caution deposit fee
- Finally, you have to arrive at the location for document verification
Read More: UPCATET Counselling
In case of any queries related to UPCATET 2021 examination, candidates can contact the below-mentioned address and phone number.
Address: Chandra Shekhar Azad University of Agriculture and Technology,
Agricultural College Lane, Nawabganj,
Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh 208002
Phone: 0512 253 4157
Is there any age limit criteria for UPCATET 2021 Exam?
The age limit as per the framed eligibility criteria differs from program to program. For B.V.Sc. and A.H. Programmes, a candidate must be 17 to 25 years old. For UG Programmes, a candidate must be 16 to 22 years old. But, there is no age limit for candidates who are interested in pursuing PG Programmes.
Can the candidates take UPCATET 2021 via online mode as well?
No, the candidates cannot take the UPCATET 2021 Exam online as it is held in offline mode -pen & paper test.
What is the final date of a counselling session for UPCATET 2021?
The last date of online counselling will be June 14, 2020, and the last date of offline counselling will be held in the 2nd week of August 2021.
Who is conducting the UPCATET exam for the year 2021? Is there any change in the pattern of the question paper?
Sardar Vallabhai Patel University of agriculture and technology will conduct the UPCATET 2021 exam. No, there is no change in the examination pattern.