To get a good rank in NEET PG 2023, candidates must score 260 and above. Candidates with a good rank can participate in the counselling process and seat allotment of NEET PG.
Students wondering what is a good rank in NEET PG 2023 must note that they need to score above 670 to be in the top 10. Additionally, NBE released the qualifying cutoff. For the general category, it is 291, for candidates from the physically handicapped category, it is 274, and for candidates from the reserved category, it is 257. For anyone passionate about studying medicine, the NEET PG 2023 is the perfect opportunity and mandatory eligibility criteria to pursue further studies.
|NEET PG Paper Analysis 2023||NEET PG Results 2023|
|NEET PG Question Paper 2023||NEET PG Answer Key 2023|
This article will reflect all the brief guide maps on predicting the NEET-PG examination rank versus marks, and how a good rank in NEET PG can vary with the marks obtained. Also, a brief discussion on the factors determining the All India Rank in the NEET PG Results.
Table of Contents
- NEET PG Marks Vs Rank 2023 - Short Key Points
- NEET PG Expected Marks Vs Rank 2023
- NEET PG Score Range Vs Total Number of Candidates - Differentiation
|NEET PG Toppers List||NEET PG Seat Matrix 2023|
NEET PG Marks Vs Rank 2023 - Short Key Points
Before jumping into the tables to compare the variables, hang on! Understand the difference between a percentile and a percentage, as there is a difference between them and shouldn’t be mistaken in the exam results conclusion.
- A percentile rank tells the performance of a candidate in the examination with his/her peers. Percentile rank only declares the merit position of the candidate in comparison with all the other candidates who appeared. The NEET PG Percentile rank is a way of acknowledging the interpretation of the marks.
- While a NEET percentage rank tells the performance level achieved by a candidate and their capability. The percentage is calculated based on the marks/scores achieved by a candidate in the CBT NEET PG test.
- A candidate needs to secure 40 percentile at minimum for ST/SC/OBC and SC/ST/OBC-PwD categories, 50 percentile for the General category, and 45 percentile for the General-PwD category to qualify for NEET PG 2023 examination.
Also Check: NEET PG Rank Wise Seat Allotment
NEET PG Results 2023 - Type of Ranks
Various type of ranks followed in the NEET PG 2023 results is mentioned below:
- All India Rank (AIR): Reflects the candidate's overall position in the merit list, that is the overall rank secured by a candidate in comparison to other candidates who have appeared on the same.
- All India 50 % Quota (AIQ) Rank: Indicates the rank of a candidate who applied under All India 50% seats among the other candidates. This quota will be considered while granting AIQ 50% seats to the candidates who have applied for the same.
- All India 50% Quota (AIQ) Category Rank: Indicates the rank of a candidate who has applied under All India 50% seats among ranks of the others who appeared for the examination. The list will be considered while granting AIQ 50 % seats to the candidates belonging to the category who applied for the same.
NEET PG Expected Marks Vs Rank 2023
Often questioned by NEET candidates, whether the rank achieved in the NEET PG is good enough for entry into institutions within the country. Extremely favoured and competitive exams like the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) are no joke! The table below indicates what is a good rank in NEET PG 2023 and the expected NEET PG Marks Vs Rank:
|Marks Scored (Out of 800)||All India Rank NEET PG|
|800 – 670||1 – 10|
|669 – 630||11 – 100|
|629 – 590||101 – 500|
|589 – 550||501 – 1,000|
|549 – 500||1,001 – 2,000|
|499 – 470||2,001 – 5,000|
|469 – 446||5,001 – 7,500|
|445 – 438||7,501 – 10,000|
|437 – 420||10,001 – 12,000|
|419 – 405||12,001 – 15,000|
|404 – 325||15,001 – 50,000|
|324 – 315||50,001 – 1,00,000|
|314 – 302||1,00,001 – 1,20,000|
|301 and below||1,20,001 and above|
Read More: NEET PG Marks vs Rank 2023
NEET PG Score Range Vs Total Number of Candidates - Differentiation
“Whatever your mind can Conceive and Believe, it can be Achieved.”- Napoleon Hill
A good rank in NEET PG comes with a package of knowing all the functions and factors of the exam. Acquiring and studying details about NEET PG Marks Vs Rank to execute an action plan is the fuel for the best preparation level, be it any competition to encounter for.
Being aware of the NEET PG Score Range Vs the Total Number of Candidates appearing in the test is an apt point to note. The data table below is a reference from the previous year's data of the NEET PG Exam.
|Number of Candidates who Appeared||NEET PG Score Range (approx)|
|83||900 and above|
Qualified candidates can refer to NEET PG Rank Wise Seat Allotment for 2023 to get an idea of how their performances, and how those achieved scores bring differences in the seat allotment for the chosen different branches.
Read More: NEET PG Counselling 2023
POST YOUR COMMENT