JELET 2019 Eligibility Criteria
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board (WBJEEB) has set JELET 2019 Eligibility Criteria to aspirants who are looking for admissions to lateral entry into 2nd year Bachelor's Degree programme in Pharmacy/ Engineering/ Technology offered by Government Colleges, Universities, and Self-Financing Engineering and Technological Institutes in West Bengal.
Check out the JELET Exam Pattern and JELET Syllabus for more details about the structure and contents of the Exam.
JELET Eligibility Criteria
The information below states the JELET 2019 Eligibility Criteria an applicant should fulfil.
- Pharmacy: The candidates must have passed Diploma in Pharmacy with minimum 45% marks (40% marks for SC/ ST/ OBC-A/ OBC-B/ PwD) from an AICTE approved Institution.
- Engineering/ Technology: The candidates must have passed Diploma in Engineering/ Technology with minimum 45% marks (40% marks for SC/ ST/ OBC-A/ OBC-B/ PwD) from an AICTE approved Institution.
- All the relevant norms of DG Shipping will be applicable for admission into the degree course in Marine Engineering.
- B.Sc Candidates in Engineering/ Technology: The candidates must have passed B.Sc Degree with minimum 45% marks (40% marks for SC/ ST/ OBC-A/ OBC-B/ PwD) from any recognized Institute/ University.
- The candidates must have passed 10+2 examination with Mathematics as a mandatory subject.
- The B.Sc candidates will be considered only after the seats which are filled by the Diploma holders in Engineering/ Technology.
- B.Sc degree candidates are not considered for admission into Pharmacy courses.
- Both Diploma Holders and B.Sc Candidates in Engineering/ Technology: These aspirants will be eligible for admission to 1st year engineering courses if there are vacancies in the 1st year classes in case the vacancies at lateral entry in the second year are exhausted. Please note that admission will be based on the eligibility criteria mentioned above.
The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- There is No Upper Age Limit for Diploma Holders in Engineering/ Technology/ Pharmacy.
- For B.Sc candidates, the Upper Age Limit is 27 years as on 31/12/2019.
- For Diploma in Marine Engineering candidates, the Upper Age Limit is 25 years as on 31/12/2019.
Special Eligibility Criteria for Jadavpur University
There are some special criteria laid down by the Jadavpur University. They are given below:
- B.Sc degree holders won’t be considered for admission at the Institute
- The candidate needs to have passed 10+2 (qualifying) exam in Science stream with minimum 60% ( SC, ST, OBC-A, OBC-B, and PwD candidates need only 45%) aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in regular mode. Additionally, the candidate also must have passed English with at least 30% marks in the qualifying exam.