West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board (WBJEEB) has set JELET 2021 Eligibility Criteria for the aspirants who are looking for admissions to lateral entry into 2nd year Bachelor's Degree program in Pharmacy/ Engineering/ Technology offered by Government Colleges, Universities, and Self-Financing Engineering and Technological Institutes in West Bengal. The candidates should read the JELET exam eligibility before applying for the exam. The candidates who clear the JELET exam eligibility then start applying for the exam. The information below states the JELET Eligibility Criteria 2021, which applicants should fulfill.
Educational Qualification for JELET 2021
The candidates need to fulfill the educational qualification criteria below to be eligible to apply for the JELET 2021 exam. Candidates must read through the criteria carefully and then proceed with the JELET application process.
- Pharmacy: The candidates must have passed a Diploma in Pharmacy with a minimum of 45% marks (40% marks for SC/ ST/ OBC-A/ OBC-B/ PwD) from an AICTE approved Institution. The candidates will also be eligible to apply for first-year admission if seats in the second year (lateral entry) are not available.
- Engineering/Technology: The candidates must have passed a Diploma in Engineering/ Technology with a minimum of 45% marks (40% marks for SC/ ST/ OBC-A/ OBC-B/ PwD) from an AICTE approved Institution.
- All the relevant norms of DG shipping will be applicable for admission into the degree course in Marine Engineering.
- B.Sc Candidates in Engineering/Technology: The candidates must have passed B.Sc Degree with minimum 45% marks (40% marks for SC/ ST/ OBC-A/ OBC-B/ PwD) from any recognized Institute/ University.
- The candidates must have passed the 10+2 examination with Mathematics as a mandatory subject.
- The B.Sc candidates will be considered only after the seats filled by the Diploma holders in Engineering/ Technology.
- B.Sc degree candidates are not considered for admission into Pharmacy courses.
- Both Diploma Holders and B.Sc Candidates in Engineering/Technology: These aspirants will be eligible for admission to 1st year engineering courses if there are vacancies in the 1st year classes if the vacancies at lateral entry in the second year are exhausted. Please note that admission will be based on the eligibility criteria mentioned above.
The candidate must be a citizen of India. Foreign nationals are not allowed to take JELET.
- There is No Upper Age Limit for Diploma Holders in Engineering/Technology/Pharmacy.
- For B.Sc candidates, the Upper Age Limit is 27 years as of 31/12/2019.
- For Diploma in Marine Engineering candidates, the Upper Age Limit is 25 years as of 31/12/2019.
Special eligibility criteria for Jadavpur University
Jadavpur University has laid down some special criteria. They are given below:
- B.Sc degree holders won’t be considered for admission at the Institute.
- The candidate needs to have passed the 10+2 (qualifying) exam in the Science stream with a minimum of 60% ( SC, ST, OBC-A, OBC-B, and PwD candidates need only 45%) aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics in regular mode. Additionally, the candidate must have passed English with at least 30% marks in the qualifying exam.
JELET 2021 Application
Once the candidates complete the WB JELET eligibility, they can apply for the exam. The JELET 2021 application form will be available on the official website soon. All applicants are advised to apply for the exam before the last date of application. While applying for the exam, candidates will require to enter their complete personal, experience, and academic information. The candidates will have to pay a registration fee of INR 500 through online mode (Credit Card/ Debit Card/Net Banking) and offline mode (E-challan in Allahabad Bank). The applicants are advised to take multiple copies of the JELET 2021 application form. The candidates will have to upload the scanned images of the following documents required for application.
JELET 2021 Registration
The JELET application process is the same for both courses. The candidate has to take the following steps while applying for JELET 2021 Exam:
- Filling the Application Form
- uploading of Images
- Payment of Registration Fee
- Confirmation Page
Documents Required to apply for JELET.
The candidates need to upload the scanned images of the documents required. Refer to the table mentioned below. Once the documents are uploaded, the candidates need to make the payment of INR 500 either through online or offline mode.
|Photograph||10 KB - 100 KB||3.5 cm * 4.5 cm||.jpg/ .jpeg|
|Signature||3 KB - 30 KB||3.5 cm * 1.5 cm||.jpg/ .jpeg|
|Left-Hand Thumb Impression||3 KB - 30 KB||3.5 cm * 1.5 cm||.jpg/ .jpeg|