The eligibility criteria for GUJCET 2021 was released by Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Educational Board in its official brochure. It includes different criteria right from the candidate's age to its academic performance, stream, university/board, and more.
In this section, we will discuss eligibility for the GUJCET 2021 exam.
GUJCET 2021 Eligibility Criteria Highlights
It is essential that the candidate must satisfy each eligibility criteria to sit for GUJCET 2021 exam, failing which he or she will be disqualified for the admission process. There are certain eligibility criteria put forward by the conducting authority that candidates must satisfy to appear for GUJCET 2021. GUJCET 2021 eligibility criteria mainly include nationality, domicile, academic qualifications, and 10+2 board stream, explained below.
Candidates have to be the citizen of India in order to satisfy the eligibility criteria of GUJCET 2021 exam.
Candidates have to be permanent residents of the state Gujarat for the GUJCET 2021 examination.
The age of the candidate should not be less than 17 years.
The Educational qualification required to be eligible for the GUJCET exam are as follows.
- Candidates should have passed Class 12 or 10+2 education from institutions recognized by Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Board.
- Even the final year candidates of class 12 can apply for this exam.
- Applicants must have secured a minimum of 45% of marks (General Category) and 40% (Reserved Category) of marks in Class 12 examinations.
Class 12 Stream
The streams offered by the GUJCET exam are as follows.
Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology/Biotech
- Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Computer Science
Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Electronics
GUJCET 2021 Reservation Details
There will be some reservations for some categories of students. Some of the GUJCET reservation details are tabulated below.
|Caste/Economic Categories||Reserved Seats|
|Socially and Educationally Backward Classes, including widows and orphans of any caste||27%|
|Unreserved Economically Weaker Sections (Below Poverty Line)||10%|
|Persons with Disability||3%|
|Defense Personnel and Ex-Servicemen Children||1%|
GUJCET Application Form 2021
GUJCET 2021 application form has been release. Candidates can check the detailed information on the application form page. Some of the highlights of GUJCET application form are as follows.
- Candidates must follow the instructions on the official website while filling the application form to avoid making mistakes as it can be rejected.
- No correction can be made once the application form is submitted.
- Check out the page shared below to read the form filling instruction.
Read more: GUJCET Application Form
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Can foreign candidates apply for the GUJCET exam?
Ans: No, only Indians are eligible for the exam.
Q2. Is domicile compulsory for GUJCET?
Ans: No, candidates without domicile can appear for the exam but they won't be able to claim any reservation.
Q3. What is the minimum 12th percentage required to apply for the GUJCET exam?
Ans: The candidates must have scored at least 45% of marks.
Q4. What is the age limit criteria to apply for GUJCET exam?
Ans: The candidate must be anywhere between 17 to 25 years years old.
Q5. Can we make any corrections to the application?
Ans: No, there is no provision to edit the application after submission.