|Conducted By||Ministry of Minority Affairs [MOMA]|
|Eligibility||Minority Students of Class 11 to Ph.D.|
|Rewards||Upto INR 10,000 (Admission fee, tuition fee, maintenance allowance)|
|Last Date of Application||December 31, 2020|
The Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for Minorities is provided by Ministry of Minority Affairs [MOMA]. Minority Students from class 11 to Ph.D. level are eligible for the scholarship. The main objective of providing this scholarship is to encourage financially weaker section to pursue higher education after their high school.
The scholarship application deadline is 31 December, 2020. The scholarship benefits include assistance in admission fee, tuition fee, and maintenance allowance. This scholarship has been grouped under the MOMA scholarship category.
Scholarship Quick Links:
The quick links for ease of access are given below:
- Eligibility Criteria
- Rewards and Benefits
- Application Process
- Important Dates
- Selection Process
- Terms and Conditions
- Contact Details
Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for Minorities Eligibility Criteria:
The scholarship is provided to the students who satisfy the following conditions:
- The applicant must be pursuing 11th, 12th, graduation or post-graduation.
- He/ She must have scored a minimum of 50% marks in the final examination attended previously.
- The annual income of the parents must not exceed ₹2,00,000.
Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for Minorities Rewards and Benefits:
Admission and Tuition Fee Allowance for both day scholars and hostellers are the same. The split-wise is furnished below:
|11th and 12th students||₹7000 p.a|
|Vocational and Technical courses||₹10,000 p.a|
|Undergraduate and Postgraduate||₹3,000 p.a|
The maintenance fee differs for day scholars and hostellers.
|Classes 11 and 12 including technical and vocational courses (Hosteller)||₹380 p.m|
|Classes 11 and 12 including technical and vocational courses (Day Scholar)||₹230 p.m|
|Undergraduate and Postgraduate (Hosteller)||₹570 p.m|
|Undergraduate and Postgraduate (Day Scholar)||₹300 p.m|
|M.Phil and Ph.D. (Hosteller)||₹1200 p.m|
|M.Phil and Ph.D. (Day Scholar)||₹550 p.m|
Application Process for Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for Minorities:
The step by step process to apply for the scholarship are:
- The candidates have to register themselves at the National Scholarship Portal.
- Read the terms and conditions and proceed by clicking "Continue".
- Select the scholarship parameters related to the scholarship being applied for.
- Fill in all the particulars including personal and bank details.
- Select the Aadhar or Bank Account number as an identification parameter and click "Register".
- After the verification of the mobile number, an OTP is sent.
- Login to the portal using the OTP and fill up the rest of the form.
- Note down the application Id and Password for future reference.
Note: Applicants are requested to fill in all the particulars with great care and attention due to the fact that no changes can be made further.
Documents Required for Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for Minorities:
The documents required for the application process are:
- Domicile/ Residential Certificate
- Passport Photograph
- Community Certificate
- Previous Academic Mark sheet
- Current Course Fee receipt
- Aadhar Card Scanned Copy
- Family Income Certificate
- Bank Detail Documents
Selection Criteria for Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for Minorities:
The shortlisting of candidates is based on the following criteria:
For Fresh Applications:
The financial need of the candidate is taken as the primary consideration for shortlisting rather than focussing on merit. Preferences are given to higher age applicant in case both the merit and means criteria are matching.
For Renewal Applications:
- He/ She must be studying the same course from the same institution.
- The applicant must have secured the minimum 50% score in the previous final examination.
31 December, 2020.
|Defects Verification||15 January, 2021|
|Institute Verification||15 January, 2021|
Terms and Conditions:
30% of the scholarship is reserved for female candidates. In the event where the allocated percentage of female candidates is not distributed, it is transferred to the eligible male candidates.
- Email ID: [email protected]
- Phone Number: 0120-6619540
Asked By: Uday 29 Oct 2020
The candidates will be getting upto INR 10,000 (Admission fee, tuition fee, maintenance allowance)
Answer By: Chethus
29 Oct 2020
Asked By: Chethus 29 Oct 2020
Post Matric Scholarship scheme is a Centrally Sponsored Scheme and performed through State Government and UT administration. The Scheme grants financial aid to the Scheduled Caste students studying at post matriculation or post-secondary stage to equip them to complete their education.
Answer By: Indumadhuri
29 Oct 2020