|Conducted By||Ministry of Minority Affairs [MOMA], Government of India|
|Eligibility||Students from minority communities who are pursuing professional and technical courses|
|Rewards||Up to INR 20,000 and maintenance allowance|
|Last Date of Application||December 15, 2021|
Merit Cum Means Scholarship for Professional and Technical Courses CS (Minorities) is conducted by the Ministry of Minority Affairs (MoMA). The professional and technical courses scholarship is provided to the students from the Minority Communities.
The Merit-cum-Means Scholarship Scheme is a Central Government Scheme and it is completely funded by the Ministry of Minority Affairs. This scholarship is offered under the MOMA scholarship category.
Christians, Muslims, Sikhs, Buddhists, Jain and Zoroastrians (Parsis) have been considered as minority communities under Section 2 (c) of the National Commission for Minorities Act, 1992. Eligible candidates will be provided with the Scholarship for the entire academic year. In addition to the Renewal of Scholarship, this time the government has decided to distribute over 60,000 Fresh Scholarships.
Table of Contents:
- Eligibility Criteria
- Terms and Conditions
- Documents Required
- Application Process
- Rewards and Benefits
- Renewal Details
- Additional Information
- Contact Details
Merit Cum Means Scholarship for Professional and Technical Courses for Minorities Eligibility Criteria
The Scholarship offered for Professional and Technical Courses under this category is targeted on community-based minorities. Since the number of applicants is more than the community quota then merit list has to be followed and the latter filtration would be based upon income.
- The applicant must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks or similar grade in the previous final examination.
- The overall annual income of the applicant’s parents (guardians) should not exceed 2. 50,000.
- The applicant must come under any of these Minority communities (Muslims, Sikhs, Christians, Buddhists, Jain and Parsis/Zoroastrians).
- The applicant should be pursuing a technical or professional course at the undergraduate or postgraduate level.
- The Scholarship Scheme is restricted if there are more than two students applying from a family.
Merit Cum Means Scholarship for Professional and Technical Courses Minorities Reservations
Reservations are provided based on the availability of scholarships for professional and technical courses, and the specified conditions are mentioned below:
- 30 percent of allowance scheme is earmarked for girl students from the minority community. The absence in filling up the quota will transfer the quota to male candidates.
- If any minority community in a particular State or Union Territory is not utilised then the scholarship will equally be distributed among the same minorities in other States and Union territories.
- Students from a particular State or Union Territory must secure Scholarship under the same state irrespective of their place of study
Terms and Conditions for Merit Cum Means Scholarship for Professional and Technical Courses
The rules and regulations for availing the scholarship are mentioned below:
- Students with regular attendance are eligible for allowance as there will be attendance scrutiny by the Institution.
- Renewal students who changed their Institution during the academic period are not eligible for the scholarship.
- Students are not allowed to benefit more than one scholarship.
- The scholarship is not granted to the students who are doing a paid internship/ horsemanship.
- Any violation of terms and conditions of the Scholarship may lead to the Scholarship cancellation and the student shall be debarred from any future scholarship allowances.
- The allowance benefit will not be granted if a student fails to secure 50 percent mark in their previous examination.
Merit Cum Means Scholarship for Professional and Technical Courses (Minorities) Documents Required
The details regarding documents required for applying for the scholarship are:
- It is mandatory to produce an Aadhar number or any alternative identity document while applying
- Candidate must produce Income Certificate from the respected authority in the state.
- Students about 18-year-old are requested to obtain a self-certified community certificate.
- Domicile Certificate.
- Passport size photograph of the student.
- Mark sheet of the previous course/exam (Self Attested).
- Current course fee receipt.
Merit Cum Means Scholarship for Professional and Technical Courses Application Process
The step-by-step application process to avail the benefits of the scholarship are:
- Click on New Registration in the National Scholarship Portal home page.
- Read and Agree to the terms and conditions and click on Continue.
- Enter the scholarship details and personal details.
- Enter the Bank Details such as bank name, IFSC, account number, etc.
- Click on Register button after giving Aadhar number/Bank account number as identification details.
- An OTP number will be generated once the mobile number gets verified.
- Log in with the OTP number and fill the form.
- Application ID and Password will be given for future reference.
Merit Cum Means Scholarship for Minorities Rewards and Benefits
The Scholarship for students of minority community pursuing professional and technical courses will be provided for the entire academic course. Allowance Scheme is being divided under various factors.
- INR 20,000/- per annum Scholarship Course Fee
- INR 1,000/- per month Maintenance Allowance for Hosteller
- INR 500/- per month Maintenance Allowance for Day Scholar
- The Renewal of Scholarship is based on the certification that the student has secured at least 50 percent mark from the previous examination.
- Students securing the Scholarship will have their course fee and maintenance allowance transferred to the bank account through Direct Benefit Transfer mode.
Renewal of MCM Scholarship for Professional and Technical Courses
The Renewal of Scholarship is based on the mark obtained in the previous examination. Scholarship Renewal generates every next year of the students academic period.
Scholarship Additional Details
Announcement of Scheme:
The announcement of the Scheme will be published by the concerned State/Union Territory administration through the suitable means of public media such as Newspapers and local dailies.
Bank Account Details:
- Candidates should carefully select their bank and branch and enter the account number correctly. Students are suggested to confirm their account number and IFSC code with the bank branch. The students must check their KYC (Know Your Customer) status from the bank.
- The Scholarship will be canceled in case of incorrect bank details.
- Bank Account must be active during the time of awarding of scholarship in the absence of which the Ministry of Minority Affairs will not be responsible for transaction failure.
- Account Holder must be the same Applicant.
Monitoring and transparency:
National Informatics Centre (NIC) is responsible for maintaining the National Scholarship Portal (NSP) through which the Merit-cum-Means based Scholarship Scheme is being implemented. National Informatics Centre Delhi will maintain students yearly details about Scholarship, Institute, Location, Renewal, etc.
NIC will be documenting all the relevant physical and financial details through National Scholarship Portal. Performance of the Scheme operations will be monitored and evaluated by sending the impact studies to reputed institutions and agencies by the Ministry of Minority Affairs. Joint Secretary of Scholarship Schemes is the concerned person for reviewing.
Administrative expenses are the expenses carried out by the Ministry of Minority Affairs in order to obtain skilled personnel for the required operations of Merit-cum-Means Scholarship. As the number of data is vast and the process is time taking, qualified people are mandatory to process and analyze data.
Expenses for the physical requirement such as office, computers, furniture, and employees are considered as Administrative Expenses. The Ministry has allocated 2 percent of the total budget for the Scholarship to meet the administrative and allied costs.
In-depth details about various other scholarships in India is published under the list of scholarships on the home page.
The important dates are as follows:
- Last date to apply: December 15th, 2021
- Defective verification date: December 31st, 2021
- Institute verification date: December 31st, 2021
- Phone Number: 0120-6619540
- Email ID: [email protected]