Candidates aspiring to pursue a course in agriculture can give Maharashtra Council of Agriculture Education and Research Common Entrance Test (MCAER PG CET 2021) Exam. The exam is conducted by the Maharashtra Agriculture Universities Examination Board (MAUEB). The admission is offered to candidates interested in postgraduate courses at the state level universities across Maharashtra.
- October 10, 2020: The second allotment list for admissions through the exam is displayed. The candidates can report for admissions from October 12 to October 14, 2020.
- October 5, 2020: The first allotment list for the exam is displayed. Candidates can report for admission from October 6 to October 8, 2020.
- The MCAER PG CET 2020 Counselling Schedule is announced. Check the exam dates section for the schedule.
- What is MCAER PG CET?
- MCAER PG CET Exam Date
- MCAER PG CET 2021 Application Process
- MCAER PG CET 2021 Application Form
- MCAER PG CET 2021 Eligibility
- MCAER PG CET 2021 Exam Pattern
- MCAER PG CET 2021 Syllabus
- MCAER PG CET 2021 Admit Card
- MCAER PG CET 2021 Exam Centres
- MCAER PG CET 2021 Result
- MCAER PG CET Counselling
- Colleges Accepting MCAER PG CET Scores
- Contact Details
- Related Exams
What is the MCAER PG CET Exam?
The Maharashtra Council of Agriculture Education and Research Common Entrance Test (MCAER PG CET) is a state-level exam conducted by the Maharashtra Agriculture Universities Examination Board (MAUEB). The exam is conducted once every year in the month of March. Candidates who appear for MCAER PG CET are offered postgraduate courses in agriculture field such as Horticulture, Forestry, Food Technology, Post Harvest Management etc.
Admission to each course will be on the basis of merit formulated by considering weightage of 70% weightage of the MCAER PG CET 2021 exam and 30% of the CGPA of the candidate. This is a pen and paper-based test (offline), and the medium of paper is English.
MCAER PG CET 2021 Exam Overview
The exam details relevant to MCAER PG CET 2021 are tabulated below:
|Exam Name||Maharashtra Council of Agriculture Education and Research Common Entrance Test|
|Acronym||MCAER PG CET / MCAER CET|
|Conducting Body||Maharashtra Agriculture Universities Examination Board (MAUEB)|
|Mode||OMR Sheets (Offline Mode)|
|Frequency||Once in a year|
|Level of Exam||State Level|
|Course||Postgraduate course in Agriculture|
|Exam Date||May 10, 2021 (tentative)|
MCAER PG CET 2021 Exam Date
The MCAER PG CET Exam is conducted once in a year, generally in the month of March. Candidates can check other related dates in the table given below.
|MCAER PG CET Application Form Filling Start Date||January 5, 2021|
|Last date for filling MCAER PG CET Application||January 31, 2021|
|MCAER PG CET 2021 Admit Card Release||March 5, 2021|
|MCAER PG CET 2021 Exam Date||May 10, 2021|
|MCAER PG CET 2021 Result Date||June 15, 2021|
MCAER PG CET 2020 Counselling Dates
The exam authority has released the dates for the counselling of MCAER PG CET 2020 exam. Candidates can check the respective dates below in the table.
|Starting date of Admission Process||September 10, 2020|
|Last date of submitting the application form and along with that uploading the scanned copies of the necessary documents||September 21, 2020|
|MCAER Provisional Merit List||September 24, 2020|
|Period of receipt of grievances.||September 25, 2020, to September 28, 2020|
|Display of Final Merit List||September 30, 2020|
|Display of First Round allotment list||October 5, 2020|
|Period of reporting||October 6, 2020, to October 8, 2020|
|Display of Second Round allotment list||October 10, 2020|
|Period of reporting||October 12, 2020, to October 14, 2020|
|Display of Third Round allotment list||October 17, 2020|
|Period of reporting||October 19, 2020, to October 21, 2020|
|Display of Vacancy positions||October 23, 2020|
|Fourth admission Round||October 26, 2020, to October 27, 2020|
|Commencement of classes||October 30, 2020|
MCAER PG CET 2021 Application Process
To take up the MCAER PG CET 2021 Exam, candidates will have to register and fill up the application form. Admit card will be given to only those candidates who have successfully completed the application process. The candidates will have to follow the steps given below to apply for the MCAER PG 2021 examination.
Register for the MCAER PG CET 2021 exam
Before filling the MCAER PG CET 2021 application form, candidates need to create a login ID by providing their email ID, Phone number and Password. A confirmatory email is sent to the candidate’s registered email address once it is done.
Fill the Details
Applicants need to log in using their User ID and Password mentioned in the email. After Login, aspirants need to fill the below-mentioned details in the MCAER PG CET 2021 application form.
- Candidate's Full Name
- Date of Birth
- Communication and Permanent Address
- Undergraduate Qualification details
Candidates need to upload their passport size colour photograph and scanned copy of the signature to complete the MCAER PG CET 2021 application form. The file size of the photograph and the signature should be 35 KB and 30 KB respectively in JPEG format.
Pay MCAER PG CET Application Fee
Candidates need to pay the MCAER PG CET 2021 application fee, which can be paid through Debit Card/ Credit Card/ Net Banking/ RTGS/ NEFT. The application fee once paid is non-refundable. After the candidate has successfully paid the fee, they need to take a clear printout of the duly filled MCAER PG CET 2021 application form for future reference.
MCAER PG CET 2021 Application Form
The MCAER PG CET 2021 application form window will be opened on January 5, 2021. Candidates could fill the application form only through the online mode. The instructions to fill the application form are given below-
- Candidates must download the Information Bulletin of the MCAER PG CET 2021 before filling the application form.
- It is also mandatory to have a valid email ID and a personal mobile number for OTP and future communications.
- Candidates have to upload the photograph and signature as well in the application form. Fill all the required details in the application form as per the given instructions. Review the details and pay the application fee.
- Candidates can use any of the payment modes to pay the fee. The different methods or modes of payment are State Bank ATM-cum-Debit Card/SBI Branches (Cash/Transfer)/Other Bank’s Debit Card and Credit Card/NEFT/RTS/GRPT through Branch/Internet Banking of other Banks/Online GRPT through INB/ATM Card of our Associate Banks/Mobile Banking and Self Service Kiosk.
MCAER PG CET 2021 Application Fee
Details of the MCAER PG CET 2021 application fee are given below. The fee generally varies based on the category of the candidate.
|Candidate's Category||Application Fee|
|Male/Transgender (General/OBC)||INR 800|
|Female Candidates||INR 800|
|Physically handicapped (General)||INR 800|
|Candidates from outside states||INR 800|
MCAER PG CET 2021 Eligibility
Candidates aspiring for MCAER PG CET 2021 exam must note that 70% weightage is given to the entrance exam and 30% weightage is given to CGPA of the candidate. The minimum qualification required for MCAER PG CET 2021 is given below. As all the programmes offered are postgraduate courses, at least a Bachelor's degree is a must to pursue these programmes.
|Course Offered||Minimum Qualification Required|
|M.Sc. (Agri.)||B. Sc. (Agri.) or B. Sc. (Hort.) or B. Sc. (Forestry) or B. Sc. (Agril. Biotechnology) or B.B.M. (Agri.) / B.Sc. (A.B.M) or B. Tech. (Food Sc. / Tech.)* or B. Tech. (Agri. Engg.)** or B. Sc. (Hon.) Home Science***of Agril. the university only and passing CET for M.Sc. (Agri.)|
|M.Sc. (Hort.)||B. Sc. (Hort.) or B. Sc. (Agri.) or B. Sc. (Forestry) of Agril. the university only and passing CET for M.Sc. (Hort.)|
|M.Sc. (Forestry)||B. Sc. (Forestry) or B. Sc. (Agri.) or B. Sc. (Hort.) of Agril. the university only and passing CET for M.Sc. (Forestry)|
|M.Sc. (Home Science)||B.Sc. (Hon.) Home Science of Agril. University only and passing CET for M.Sc. (Home Sc.)|
|M.Sc. (Agril. Biotechnology)||B. Sc. (Agril. Biotechnology) or B. Sc. (Agri.) or B. Sc. (Hort.) or B. Sc. (Forestry) or B. Tech. (Food Sc./Tech.) of Agril. University only or B.F.Sc. and passing CET for M.Sc. (Agril Biotechnology.)|
|M.Tech. (Agri. Engg.)||B. Tech. (Agri. Engg.) of Agril. University only and passing CET for M.Tech. (Agril. Engg.)|
|M.Tech. (Food Tech.)||B. Tech. (Food Sc./Tech.) of Agril. University only and passing CET for M.Tech. (Food Tech.)|
|M.B.A. (Agri)||B.B.M. (Agri.) / B. Sc. (A.B.M) or B. Sc. (Agri.) or B. Sc. (Hort.) or B. Sc. (Forestry) or B. Sc. (Agril. Biotechnology) or B. Tech. (Food Sc./Tech.) or B. Tech. (Agri. Engg.) or B.Sc. (Hon.) Home Sc. of Agril. university only or B.F.Sc.and passing CET for M.B.A. (Agri.)|
|M.F.Sc.||B.F.Sc. and passing CET for M.F.Sc.|
|M.Sc. (P.H.M.)||B.B.M. (Agri.) / B. Sc. (A.B.M) or B. Sc. (Agri.) or B. Sc. (Hort.) or B. Sc. (Forestry) or B. Sc. (Agril. Biotechnology) or B. Tech. (Food Sc./Tech.) or B. Tech. (Agri. Engg.) or B.Sc. (Hon.) Home Sc. of Agril. university only or B.F.Sc. and passing CET for Post Harvest Management (PHM)|
MCAER PG CET 2021 Exam Pattern
Candidates aspiring to write the MCAER PG CET 2021 exam must have a clear idea about the exam pattern. The MCAER PG CET 2021 test will be a pen and paper test i.e candidates have to shade the answer on an OMR sheet with a black ballpoint pen.
- Candidates must know that the test carries 70% weightage for the final selection process, and 30% weightage is given to the undergraduate marks scored.
- Negative Marking will be there. For each correct answer, 1 mark is awarded. No negative marking is applicable for the wrong answers. Hence, candidates can give an educated or wild guess to the questions they do not know.
|MCAER PG CET 2021 Exam Pattern|
|Mode of Examination||Pen and Paper Based (Offline)|
|Number of questions||200|
|Type of questions||Multiple Choice Question|
+1 mark for each correct response
No negative marking
|Exam Duration||120 Minutes|
MCAER PG CET 2021 Syllabus
The syllabus for the MCAER PG CET 2021 Common Entrance Test is different for each of the different streams available. The syllabus is entirely based on the theoretical topics covered in the UG courses for the different streams. However, the paper will contain questions of topics from other related streams too. There will be 80% weightage to the topics in the syllabus of the stream and 20% weightage to the topics in the syllabus of other related streams.
The detailed MCAER PG CET 2021 Syllabus can be found in the below PDF from the Annexure "B".
MCAER PG CET 2021 Admit Card
All candidates who have applied for the exam and paid their fees will be able to download the admit card from the official website. Remember, admit cards (hall tickets) will not be sent by post, each candidate must visit the website and download it online. MCAER PG CET 2021 admit card will be released on March 5, 2021. Students can visit this website and download the admit card. Carry this hall ticket to the exam centre. Without it, no candidate will be allowed inside the exam hall.
Steps to download MCAER PG CET 2021 Admit Card
Follow these steps to download the MCAER PG CET Admit Card:
- Visit the official website of MCAER (URL is given above).
- Now click the admit card access link.
- Enter your credentials - the application number and password to log in.
- Now click the 'submit' button.
- Download the MCAER PG CET 2021 Admit Card.
- You can take a printout of the admit card.
MCAER PG CET Admit Card Contents
The admit card of MCAER CET contain these details:
- Name of the candidate
- MCAER CET Roll Number
- Registration Number
- Name of the course applied for
- Reporting time for exam
- Exam Timings
- Test Centre Address
MCAER PG CET 2021 Exam Centres
Students have to specify the exam centre in the application form. The conducting authority mostly will assign the same exam centre but under certain conditions, they may change it and the student will not have any say in it. The admit card will hold the details of the exam centre. Check the list of exam centres here below.
|Exam Centre Name||Code|
|College of Agriculture, Pune||1|
|College of Agriculture, Akola||2|
|College of Agriculture, Nagpur||3|
|College of Agriculture, Parbhani||4|
|College of Agriculture, Dapoli||5|
|Dr A.S. College of Agril. Engg., Rahuri||6|
|College of Agriculture, Kolhapur||7|
|College of Agriculture, Dhule||8|
|College of Agriculture, Latur||9|
|College of Agriculture, Badnapur||10|
|College of Agricultural Biotechnology, Yavatmal||11|
|College of Agriculture, Karad||12|
|College of Agriculture, Ambejogai||13|
|College of Agriculture, Sonapur (Gadchiroli)||14|
Exam Centre Map Representation
MCAER PG CET 2021 Result
The MCAER PG CET 2021 results will be announced on June 15, 2021 by the conducting authority on their official website. The merit list contains the names of candidates along with the rank and score. Candidates must safely preserve the MCAER PG CET 2021 score card till the completion of the admission process.
Steps to download MCAER PG CET 2021 Result
Candidates can follow the below steps mentioned to check their MCAER PG CET 2021 results.
- Visit the official website of the MCAER - www.mcaer.org. In the homepage, click on the results link.
- Candidates need to log in using their Application number and Subject.
- Candidates will be able to see the scorecard displayed on the screen. Download the printout of the results for future reference.
- The MCAER PG CET 2021 Scorecard contains the Candidate's name, Rank of the candidate, Hall ticket number, Name of the course and preference of the desired college by the candidate.
- Candidates can also check the MCAER PG CET 2021 common merit list on the official website which contains the roll number and names of all the selected candidates. Candidates should also note that the merit list or results will not be sent to the address of the applicant.
MCAER PG CET 2020 Counselling
Maharashtra Agriculture Universities Examination Board (MAUEB) has announced the counselling dates for MCAER PG CET 2020 exam. The counselling has commenced from September 10, 2020, and the last date for submitting the application form along with scanned copies of documents is September 21, 2020. The counselling process of MCAER PG CET 2020 begins after the declaration of the results. The conducting authority Maharashtra Agriculture Universities Examination Board (MAUEB) conducts the counselling session as per the merit list and the schedule. The MCAER PG CET 2020 counselling process will be conducted in online mode on the basis of the candidate's merit list. Candidates who score higher marks than others will be placed higher in the merit list, and those scoring lesser marks would be at the bottom of the list.
The MCAER PG CET 2020 merit list is prepared on the basis of 2 components. 70% weightage is given to scores obtained by the candidates in CET exam and 30% weightage is given to CGPA scores. The steps to take part in the counselling process is given below.
- To take part in the MCAER PG counselling round, candidates need to first submit their application online on the official website of the exam authority.
- After the application is submitted, a provisional allotment list will be published and candidates will be allotted seats according to the preferences marked by them in the form.
- To confirm the seats, candidates must get their academic and reservation (If any) documents verified. This is a compulsory process to get your seats confirmed.
- Candidates need to pay the admission fee to their allotted colleges/universities and report for admission during the joining date.
Documents required at the time of Counselling
Candidates must carry these documents at the time of Counselling
- College/ Institute Leaving/ Transfer Certificate (last attended)/ Bonafide certificate of the college where admission has already been taken.
- Caste Certificate issued by the competent authority designated in the State.
- Caste Validity Certificate or receipt of submission to Scheduled Tribe Caste
- Domicile Certificate/School Leaving Certificate containing place of birth from Maharashtra/Birth Certificate issued by the competent authority from Maharashtra.
- Domicile certificate / Residential Certificate / Community, Nativity and Date of birth certificate from Other State Candidate.
- Mark sheet / Grade Card of the qualifying examination.
- Scrutiny committee with the undertaking as per mentioned in Appendix ‘C’ for Scheduled Tribe Candidates.
- Non Creamy Layer Certificate issued after April 1, 2020, or valid up to the date of submission of the application form.
- No objection Certificate’ of the current academic year from the employer if employed.
- Self-Declaration letter in the prescribed format confirming the authenticity of the uploaded original copies.
Colleges Accepting MCAER PG CET Scores
Based on the performance of the candidates, there are several colleges which accept MCAER PG CET Scores. The Universities which accepts MCAER PG CET Scores are:
- Mahatma Phule Krishi Vidyapeeth, Rahuri (MPKV Rahuri)
- Dr Panjabrao Deshmukh Krishi Vidyapeeth, Akola (Dr PDKV Akola)
- Vasantrao Naik Marathwada Krishi Vidyapeeth, Parbhani (VNMKV Parbhani)
- Dr Balasaheb Sawant Konkan Krishi Vidyapeeth, Dapoli (Dr BSKKV Dapoli)
|MCAER PGCET 2020 Answer Key||Click Here|
|MCAER PG CET Result 2020||Click Here|
|Eligible Candidates Merit List||Click Here|
|Non-Eligible Candidates List||Click Here|
In case of any queries regarding the exam or admission process, candidates can contact the conducting authorities on the following portals:
Address: Maharashtra Agricultural Universities Examination
Board, MCAER Building,
132/B Bhosale Nagar, Pune-411 007
Email ID: [email protected]