PSU Recruitment Through GATE 2023 prefers selecting candidates who have qualified for the GATE exam. Candidates must know the details of the PSU through GATE 2023 before applying.
IIT Kanpur released GATE 2023 results on 16 March 2023 for all qualified students through their website and the GATE score card 2023 has also been released on 21st March 2023 on the official website. PSU through GATE 2023 will be based on the candidate's performance in the GATE exam, and the scores will be considered for various posts. Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) is a government-owned business employer or a business enterprise wherein the Central or State governments have more than a 51% share in the company stocks.
Table of Contents
- PSU Recruitment Through GATE 2023
- PSU Jobs Through GATE
- Other Means of Selection into PSUs
- Why PSU?
PSU Recruitment Through GATE 2023
GATE 2023 is one such exam wherein one's technical and broad flair is tested. More than two thousand vacancies are currently available for a graduate in engineering in important PSUs across India. The listing includes IOCL, BHEL, NTPC, BPCL, and CEL Power Grid.
Engineer Trainees (ET) recruitment are based on PSU recruitment through GATE 2023. Initially, they will shortlist aspirants primarily based on GATE scores, after which the procedure is completed through GD and interview for evaluation of diverse aspects of knowledge.
As we know, the criteria for selecting candidates in various PSUs are different, but there are many candidates selected who have qualified GATE examination. Most PSUs prefer selecting candidates who have qualified for the GATE exam. So the interested candidates can apply through their official website. Afterwards, they are called for a Group Discussion and Personal Interview process.
GATE provides opportunities in different areas:
- Maharatna PSU (NTPC, IOCL, ONGC, BHEL, GAIL)
- Navratna PSU (BEL, BPCL, HAL, HPCL, MTNL)
- Miniratna PSU (AAI, BSNL, CCIL, MECL, NSICL, etc.)
|GATE Marks vs Rank||GATE Qualifying Marks 2023|
Eligibility Criteria and Age Limit for PSU Through GATE
The PSU or the Public Sector Undertakings recruit candidates based on their GATE score. These are government-owned corporations, and it is a dream for any aspirants to work here.
- Nationality: Indian citizens are eligible, and other countries' citizens are also eligible as Bangladesh, Ethiopia, Nepal, UAE and Sri Lanka.
- Age: For the general candidates, the gate age limit for PSU should lie between 21-27 years, and for the SC/ST candidates, the age limit for PSU through gate should lie between 21-30 years.
- Qualification: The candidate must have all the certifications the candidates achieve. Only those candidates can apply who have completed their graduation in B.Tech or BE, or the final students are also eligible for the GATE exam.
- Marks Criteria: Most PSUs have the criteria of having 65% marks in graduation, and the candidate having 70% or more marks in graduation can apply to all the PSUs. The candidate must have the GATE scorecard to apply for PSUs.
- Selection Process:
Below are the selection criteria and process for PSU through GATE 2023.
- First, the aspirants need to fill out the registration form from the official website and send it with the fee and SC/ST candidates.
- After the GATE result, the candidates will be shortlisted for the PSUs, and the written exam will be conducted for the shortlisted aspirants.
- After the written exam, the shortlisted candidates will be called for the Group Discussion round, and the Personal Interview will be executed for those candidates who have qualified GD.
|Direct Admission in M.Tech without GATE 2023||Colleges Accepting GATE Score in India|
How to Apply for PSU Recruitment Through GATE?
Some of the PSUs recruit candidates based on their GATE score only whereas other PSUs first shortlist the candidates based on their GATE score and then conduct an entrance exam followed by a personal interview.
Many of the PSUs prefer the online mode of application. In the case of an offline application, candidates have to download it, fill it in the required format and send it along with the required set of specified documents.
- For the online mode of application- register online, upload the requisite documents and submit the filled-in application form.
- A few PSUs ask for the application fee, to be paid either online or offline.
- GATE details of the candidate such as registration number and scores are important and are prerequisites to filling application forms for different PSUs.
- Usually, the application dates for some PSUs are declared after the conclusion of the GATE exam.
|NTPC Recruitment Through GATE 2023||AAI Recruitment Through GATE 2023|
GATE Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for the GATE exam is as mentioned below. Candidates who are interested in applying for PSUs can refer to the GATE exam pattern below during their preparation for the GATE exam to get recruited into any one of the PSUs.
|Type of the question||MCQ’s & NAT|
|Section||3 section: General Aptitude, Engineering Mathematics (Chemistry for the XL papers), subject-specific section|
|Time Duration||3 hours|
|Tier 1 Engineering Colleges in India 2023||Opportunities After GATE Exam|
PSU Jobs Through GATE
Here are a few PSU recruitment through GATE 2023 scores for various posts. Aspirants can have a detailed idea of the recruitment process of numerous PSUs after reading this article. It includes all the information about the complete recruitment process and the perks of having a job in PSUs. Therefore, those who are willing to seek government jobs can benefit from this article.
NTPC Recruitment through GATE 2023
NTPC - National Thermal Power Corporation, is a Central Public Sector Undertaking (CPSU) under the Ministry of Power, Government of India, hires Engineering Executive Trainees (ET) on the basis of GATE. NTPC also ventured out into oil and gas corporations.
NTPC will announce the recruitment of GATE-qualified candidates in like Electrical, Mechanical, Electronics, Instrumentation, and Mining Engineering.
IOCL Recruitment through GATE 2023
IOCL - Indian Oil Corporation is a Government of India owned leading public sector company and the largest commercial oil company in India. The PSU has ventured into the globalization of downstream operations and alternative energy.
Indian Oil Corporation Limited recruits Engineers/ Officers/ Assistant officers (Quality Control) on the basis of GATE score. IOCL has stated that Indian Citizens who have graduated in engineering disciplines i.e. Civil, Chemical, Electrical, and Mechanical will be eligible to apply through the GATE.
BARC Recruitment through GATE 2023
BARC Recruitment is the process of hiring qualified candidates for various posts through online exams and personal interviews by the Bhabha Atomic Research Center.
BARC is a multi-disciplinary research center. It conducts extensive research in nuclear science, chemical engineering, material sciences & metallurgy, electronic instrumentation, biology and medicine, supercomputing, high-energy physics, and Plasma physics, and associated research for the Indian nuclear program and related areas.
BHEL Recruitment through GATE 2023
BHEL is the largest manufacturing company of its kind based in India. It produces a variety of electrical, electronic and mechanical equipment for various sectors. It designs and manufactures a wide range of products for the vital sectors of the economy.
Bharat Heavy Electronics Limited (BHEL) hires Engineer Trainee through GATE score. BHEL Recruitment through GATE is only for the graduates or postgraduates of the Mechanical and Electrical branches.
DRDO Recruitment through GATE 2023
DRDO holds responsibility for the military’s research and development. They are concerned with developing defense technologies that cover various fields. It actively addresses the needs of the Indian defense system.
The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) recruits the graduate engineers for the post of Scientist ‘B’ on the basis of GATE scores. Only GATE qualified candidates will be able to apply for the DRDO Recruitment process for the post of Scientist ‘B’ in Defence Research & Development Organisation (DRDO).
ONGC recruitment through GATE
ONGC is an Indian government-owned crude oil and natural gas corporation. The company has the largest oil and natural gas production in India. The company makes considerable efforts to transform the country’s limited upstream sector into a practical field.
ONGC (Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited) selects candidates through GATE 2023 for the post of Assistant Executive Engineer (AEE), Geologist, Chemist, Geophysicist, Material Management Officer, Programming Officer, and Transport Officer. The only prerequisite required is that the candidates have to pay a registration fee and upload their photograph and signature along with the application form. The selection will be based on GATE Score, personal interview, and qualification record.
|GATE Result 2023||GATE Cutoff 2023|
Other Means of Selection for PSUs
The PSU or the Public Sector Undertakings recruit the best candidates for various posts under the government. They provide attractive salaries and perks.
Here we discuss other means of selection for PSUs.
- PSU Through NET
- PSU Direct Selection
PSU Through NET
The candidates qualifying CSIR NET or UGC NET is also eligible to participate in the recruitment procedure of PSUs. The candidates can also apply through the official website for the respective PSUs.
PSU Direct Selection
Other than the above alternatives, one can also get through PSUs by qualifying for competitive-level exams. Every PSU recruits candidates through numerous competitive exams for specific eligibility criteria; the candidates are fulfilling the eligibility criteria can apply through the official website.
|PSU Without GATE 2023||Opportunities after GATE 2023|
There are a lot of reasons and attractions because of which candidates join PSUs. Some of them are given below:
- Good Salaries: PSUs offer a handsome amount to their employees to attract more candidates to these PSUs.
Some salaries are mentioned below:
- Promotions: In PSUs, the candidates will get easy time-bound promotions, and PSUs also offer different kinds of increments. After the 7th pay commission, their salaries have increased.
- Job Security: In PSUs, one need not worry about job security. They have a secure future, and just because of job security, they can perform their tasks without any stress, which makes their work more impactful.
- Allowances: The people working in PSUs have great benefits from additional allowances that are a great package. The extra allowances include DA, telephone bills, Furniture, Personal systems, etc.
- Medical Insurances: The PSU job holders have the benefit of getting medical health cover also. They get health insurance for themselves and their families.
- Accommodation: The people working in PSUs get HRA so that they can easily reside anywhere in the country comfortably.
- Paid Leaves: Those candidates who work in PSUs and want to pursue higher studies get paid leaves from their offices.
- Soft-Loan policies: People working in PSUs get soft loans at lower rates of interest. They need to pay only 3-4% for house and car loans.
The emergence of PSU
After Independence, The economy of India was going down. So there was a great need to improve the Indian economy. But by that time mainly our economy was dependent on the private sector, which focused mainly on their individual growth and profit. That's why there was a need to nationalize the sectors that could direct the economy's growth. So on the recommendation of the Narsimhan committee, the government agreed to undertake many private entities so that they could work on the growth of the economy. Instead of just generating profit, their main goal is to uplift the standard of living of people. That is how PSUs came into existence.
Classification of Public Sector Undertakings
The PSU is short for Public Sector Undertakings, and they are owned by the government. PSU can be organized into three categories which are mentioned below.
- Central public-sector Enterprises: These PSUs are under the control of the Central government. In these PSUs Central government is a major shareholder, i.e., it has 51% or more stake in these organizations.
- Public Sector banks: The banks in which the government is a major shareholder, i.e., at least 51%share of the banks are contained by the government.
- State Level Public Enterprises: These PSUs are under the control of the State government; in these PSUs, the State government is a major shareholder, i.e., it has 51% or more stake in these organizations.
Also Check: Top Colleges Accepting GATE Score 2023
POST YOUR COMMENT